TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Working with your own image, lines and measurements, I arrive at a suspect height of 5'5" to 5'8". I think that the distortion is the vertical millimeter bar - it must be parallel to and angled the same as the 'vertical' angled green suspect line and also the 'vertical' angled red center 84" door line to come out correctly? because this is a one point perspective prism? I put the photo fullscreen on my computer and measured your lines with a ruler in inches. The suspect is presumed to be standing at the center of the door and close to it. FIRST estimate: The 'vertical' angled green suspect line = 3.25 my ruler inches, and the 'vertical' angled red center door line = 4.0 my ruler inches. If the red center line is actually 84", then the math is: 4/3.25 = 84/X, solve for X with 4X=84*3.25, then X = 273/4 = 68.25 actual suspect inches. Allowing 1" for boot heel and 2" for helmet top, 68.25" minus 3" = 65.25" or about 5'5" suspect. SECOND estimate (same process, trying to measure more accurately with my ruler against CRT screen with image larger): The 'vertical' angled green suspect line = 4.75 my ruler inches, and the 'vertical' angled red center door line = 5.625 my ruler inches. If the red center line is actually 84", then the math is: 5.625/4.75 = 84/X, solve for X with 5.625X=84*4.75, then X = 399/5.625 = 70.9 actual suspect inches. Allowing 1" for boot heel and 2" for helmet top, rounding 70.9 up to 71 inches, minus 3" = 68" or about 5'8" suspect. What would happen if your MM bar were placed between the suspect and the door, and also angled to be parallel with the 'vertical' angled green suspect line and the 'vertical' angled red center door line? (eg, the 'vertical' angled green suspect line is longer than the MM vertical line as shown, distorting suspect height to taller. ??? Adding: My math was trying to compare the red center door line to the green suspect line, since as you pointed out for us, the fish eye lens is very distorting making objects in the center (MM bar) different than (slanted) objects to either side (suspect and door) ??? I don't know if this makes any sense!!! LOL
Good measurements! I came up with similar dimensions, but in no way am I getting anything like 5'2" as a minimum. Unsure how to get such a low number. Unless MLPD is basing their estimate on non-publicized video recordings, in which case we are simply not privy to any additional information. -Nin

JMO if Nissan driver is the perp, they are NOT going to come forward in a DP case. JMO

No, but a friend, co-worker, or gym member might see it and think, "Wow, that looks a lot like XY's car, and she worked out at the same gym as MB. I know there was some tension between them, but I never would have suspected murder. Maybe I should let police know what I know, just in case there's a connection..."

It will be hard for me to exist here since I'm FIRMLY rooted that Brandon did not kill Missy or ask anyone to kill Missy, but I'll give it a try if my local perspective can answer a question for someone (without it being speculative or betraying my friends' confidences).

I don't know how to go about verifying I am who I say I am, but if a moderator wants to reach out to me, I'm glad to go through the process.

I have no suspect in mind at all other than I think it's a woman and frankly I've not seen anything from BB that ever put him on my radar. :peace: Don't feel pressure to have to get verified - I wasn't pushing just saying what qualifies because I thought you thought you didn't. :banghead: and an lol at myself for being incredibly un-clear in some of my posts like this one.

:hug:

Since LE's first presser, some members have posted: (my paraphrasing) perp did not pre-target Ms B - she must have interrupted a burglar who then turned unexpectedly violent. Reasoning was - there was only "X" number of minutes Ms B would be scheduled to be at that location and be vulnerable/alone, etc and nobody would plan to kill if s/he could only count on having X number of minutes to do accomplish the goal.

OTOH, if we azz-ume (a big IF) perp* planned to kill Ms B & did not want to injure others (Ms B's dau's, other fam, neighbors, bystanders, et al) then what was ideal time & place that perp could have chosen?

IIUC, Ms B home schooled one dau, so perp would not have burst into B fam home. What place could perp chose? Public places - grocery store? school pick-up/drop-off or activities? Ms B's church? CG sessions? Beauty salon? <--- ppl around? IDK.

In thriller movies, prof sniper has 5 sec. window to shoot President or Pope, normally surrounded by security 24/7, and 5 sec is his only chance.

In planning to kill, could perp have decided it could be done there at CoC in "X" minutes (whether 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes)? IDK.
A window of "X" minutes not lead me to conclude definitively Ms B died in an interrupted burglary. JM2cts, could be all wrong. IDK.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
* whether perp is prof hitman/woman; first time rank amateur, paid money or by other barter (perhaps emotional); disgruntled CG participant; RPG'er gone wild; a thrill killer; other.

This wasn't a burglary. jmo for one thing, LE said at the start that they didn't know what the perp was doing in the church, based on them watching the video. Also, Le has 30 minutes of video of the perp. . It doesn't sound like he was doing a B & E. jmo

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Honeybee85

It will be hard for me to exist here since I'm FIRMLY rooted that Brandon did not kill Missy or ask anyone to kill Missy,

I don't think BB had anything to do with Missy's death either. All evidence points to swatperp acting alone and if LE had any indication otherwise, this case would look much different. I don't think this was a hired hit, either. One might entertain the idea that a professional hitperson would have a better plan than to walk into a church full of surveillance cameras and use a blunt object to murder Missy. JMO, though.

The police made a statement after the murder about a car being spotted on camera in the far corner of the church scene.

Now they are asking about a Altima that was in another lot and caught directly on camera.

So are they saying that the Nissan was the same car spotted in the far corner at the murder scene?

That's my understanding.

I was trying to reply to *alpine's* post, but for some reason the format would mess up. So I just post it as a comment: The perp would have had the chance to abort at *any time*. Worst case would be getting caught for enter and breaking. But then they dressed like LE. Who would get into his way and attack or worse shoot her (perp)? They saw the opportunity and they took it. Enter, breaking and murder just does not fit well. The perp would have fled. That's my take. This looks personal to me on all levels. -Nin

Love can motivate people to do terrible things. Susan Smith drowned her own children for love.

While I agree with your first statement, I do not agree with the second. With respect, she didn't kill her kids for love, but out of pathological mental illness. IMO, hatred probably fueled her actions more than love.

That's my understanding.

Respectfully I don't recall it has ever been clarified that it is the same car. I don't think we know either way whether it was the same car or two different cars. jMO

Completely disagree. A thwarted robbery does not resemble what happened in that church. First of all, there's really nothing to steal in a church. Secondly, the futile attempts at causing minor damage have the word, "staging," written all over it. Thirdly, why dress up in full swat gear? Fourthly, this just happens to be the same rare day in which a woman is teaching a boot camp class indoors? Fifth, why the complete and utter brutality of the murder--the overkill, etc.? As we say in law, there are no coincidences, and this one simply has one too many of those to be considered a robbery. It's more likely that the person (if he/she is involved) pulled into the adjacent parking lot in order to either wait for orders to "go" or in order to summon the courage for the feat at hand or even possibly to formulate a plan, regarding where to park the vehicle during the commission of the crime.

Imo. The police need to clarify what they truly need and why. Jmo.

They are leading folks to too many questions with the lack of them simply clarifying the why on certain things.

Now I'm happy that this town has a low murder rate. But the police are causing more guessing with every interview they give.

Jmo. You tell me that a car was caught at the scene in a far corner which was barely viewable per your statement.

Now you show me a Nissan dead on camera a mile away but don't state if it is the same car in question from the scene.

Plus you let people bash the Tuckers for weeks while knowing you had a specific car that could have been at both scenes that the Tuckers don't own nor have access too. Jmo.

Now The feds and others may be helping with the schematics of things.

But the actual interviews by the local pd is sending people on a frenzy. Jmo.

No police department is not made to make things public in 3 to 4 weeks.

So why is the mpd announcing things about slueths sending them on 40 hour man hunts. Jmo.

Very unprofessional.

I must not go to the right forums, FBs, Twitter accounts. I have not heard godforsaken things about him at all. Yes, when anyone who is married is killed the first one they have to rule out is the spouse. It's sad but in most cases it does turn out to be the spouse. I think he has been treated well compared to the way some people, in his circumstances, fare.

We have no idea how he is being treated in real life or the details of the mountains of rumors that must be running around but you can be sure that he and his girls have felt it and heard it. Their wife and mother was murdered and everyone is pointing fingers, talking about their suspicions and taking pleasure in the salacious details - none of which are confirmed.

LE said his alibi was verified by independent sources and that is enough for me to know he is not SWATPERP. I am willing to guess that the people who really know him also know that he doesn't have enough money to 'hire' anybody to kill his wife nor any motive whatsoever. He seems to me to be a humble, private, man; a good old boy and a Christian, God fearing southern gentlemen who is now having his life dissected by the public.

If LE says he passed this 'alibi' hurdle, let him be. If and until there is ANY connection of him to this crime, then have at it. But for now, he is off of my radar.

A poster earlier thought that the fishing trip presented the opportunity for a loved one to commit the crime without his knowledge, (thinking they were doing him a favor) and while he was hundreds of miles away so he could not be implicated. The idea being that the outfit and planning took some time and was not a spur of the moment crime, implicating BB's family in the murder of someone they all loved.

I happen to think that the Austin trip was the finger that pulled the trigger of a loaded and aimed gun.

Shelaw............your "Fifth" example says it all.
This looked more like vandalism than burglary.

I have no suspect in mind at all other than I think it's a woman and frankly I've not seen anything from BB that ever put him on my radar. :peace: Don't feel pressure to have to get verified - I wasn't pushing just saying what qualifies because I thought you thought you didn't. :banghead: and an lol at myself for being incredibly un-clear in some of my posts like this one.

:hug:

I appreciate your comments. I was the one that first suggested you get verified. Comments you have made ( LE has told family members they are cleared) would not normally be allowed unless you are a verified insider. However, mods have given us a lot of leeway on this thread & as long as they have not chastised you keep on talking.jmo

They are leading folks to too many questions with the lack of them simply clarifying the why on certain things.

Now I'm happy that this town has a low murder rate. But the police are causing more guessing with every interview they give.

Jmo. You tell me that a car was caught at the scene in a far corner which was barely viewable per your statement.

Now you show me a Nissan dead on camera a mile away but don't state if it is the same car in question from the scene.

Plus you let people bash the Tuckers for weeks while knowing you had a specific car that could have been at both scenes that the Tuckers don't own nor have access too. Jmo.

So why is the mpd announcing things about slueths sending them on 40 hour man hunts. Jmo.

Very unprofessional.
BBM
I've thought about this. I don't think it's unprofessionalism, not with so many other agencies helping with every angle. I don't think they need our help. I hope I am wrong but I think they may just have a bunch of circumstantial evidence at this point and are waiting back for crime lab results (which can take several weeks) before making an arrest. JMO

Very unprofessional.

I'm going to disagree with you. The police have no obligation to answer questions and to clarify things with the public. The one and only obligation they have is to find the killer and bring him/her/them to justice. If playing cat and mouse with the killer, being vague, being mysterious, giving slightly false information, and obfuscating a little is what it takes, then that's what it takes. I fully believe that more than one person is involved in this. IF that's the case, the police have to develop even more valuable evidence to bring to the DA. Additionally, they're not going to make one arrest and leave another one hanging. They do NOT want people to lawyer up and shut up, so they're going to do some tap dancing and deflecting in order to keep the prime suspect(s) comfortable and at ease. This is not unprofessional. This appears to be law enforcement operating at an extremely high level of intelligence and wit.

Good evening all. Please do me/us a favor. If you are responding to a post, use the Reply With Quote option. That way we know what you are talking about. TIA.

Hope this is ok, mods!

Completely disagree. A thwarted robbery does not resemble what happened in that church. First of all, there's really nothing to steal in a church. Secondly, the futile attempts at causing minor damage have the word, "staging," written all over it. Thirdly, why dress up in full swat gear? Fourthly, this just happens to be the same rare day in which a woman is teaching a boot camp class indoors? Fifth, why the complete and utter brutality of the murder--the overkill, etc.? As we say in law, there are no coincidences, and this one simply has one too many of those to be considered a robbery. It's more likely that the person (if he/she is involved) pulled into the adjacent parking lot in order to either wait for orders to "go" or in order to summon the courage for the feat at hand or even possibly to formulate a plan, regarding where to park the vehicle during the commission of the crime.

I remember someone on Nancy Grace analyzing the footage and saying that it looked like a staged burglary. I think they're probably right. There's a lot of strutting and no real effort to break down doors, find loot, ect. The footage looks like someone just milling around.

Having reviewed and studied multiple crimes, I can tell you that vandals don't typically dress in swat gear and brutally murder people. This attack was planned and well coordinated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mbennett90