TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of being slammed, I think that the initial crime scene investigation was accomplished way too quickly and possibly lots of evidence was compromised by releasing the scene too soon. JUSTMY OPINION

Was the crime scene not active until the ATF and FBI arrived? How much more thorough can they be then waiting for the feds? If there was incompetence in the crime scene investigation (and I’m not saying there was not, I don’t know), then the incompetence stretched from the Midlothian Police right up to the FBI. Every level of LE, city, county, state, and federal, failed.

"The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA Sporting Goods parking lot at approximately 2 a.m. They’re seen pulling into the parking lot and leaving just a few minutes later,” Johnson said. “We believe that car is a 2010 to 2012 Nisan Altima, it’s light in color – possibly silver.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/20/...are-suspects-in-murder-of-fitness-instructor/

"Johnson said the suspect was first seen on surveillance after breaking into the church at 3:50 a.m. Bevers, a mother of three, entered the building at 4:20 a.m., to prepare for the 5 a.m. fitness class she planned to lead, Johnson said."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

So, car at SWFA at 2 am. Perp at church at at 3:50 am. Missy at church at 4:20 am.

Why is a car seen 1/2 mile down the highway almost two hours before the perp arrives at the church important? That's all I'm questioning.
:)

BBM

I think its important because it was there on video and they have to rule it out. One way or another, they have to clear it. It was either involved in some
way or it wasn't. They won't know for sure until they talk to the driver. Tying up loose ends for the case.

It could be the same car.

It could be the same car, and LE don't want to reveal that info (since they can't locate it) so they're kindly asking whoever was at
Gun/sporting store at 2:00 to come forward and not to worry, you're not a suspect.

Upthread someone said they would choose the CoC parking lot over the gunstore parking lot for a quick pullover. JMO but both are deserted at 2AM, and CoC looks darker, more vegetation, and farther back from the road. I think that at night, that gun store lot and exterior is lit up very brightly, looks safer because of all the lights, and looks closer to the road and with obstructing vegetation cleared.

They are also on different sides of the highway. If someone pulls off the highway for some reason, they usually pull off on the rights side, not the opposite side. At least thats the way I do it, especially on a divided highway.

I remember someone on Nancy Grace analyzing the footage and saying that it looked like a staged burglary. I think they're probably right. There's a lot of strutting and no real effort to break down doors, find loot, ect. The footage looks like someone just milling around.

Nah, nadda. ( I don't see it that way) There is nothing to be had in a church. What was the perp looking for? An unfinished gallon of ice cream? That is ridiculous. Now, the sound equipment might be a different story. ( if any)

I don't know, but I wonder if the swat uniform was meant from past trauma. I'm certainly not trying to tie two cases together but ( what can I say) it happens. Maybe something in likeness ( below)

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_4211681

So everyone agrees the Altima's plates would have been easily read from the gun store. But LE is making it one of their last, important pieces to clear through. Is the car stolen?

No, I do not agree, except that it’s their last important piece to clear up.

BBM

I think its important because it was there on video and they have to rule it out. One way or another, they have to clear it. It was either involved in some
way or it wasn't. They won't know for sure until they talk to the driver. Tying up loose ends for the case.
Exactly. This is a high profile case which will likely attract a high profile defense attorney. Could you imagine this Defense Attorney finding out about this Altima without LE chasing it up fully?

They can't leave any leaf unturned. Personally, I no longer have a specific suspect in mind. There is not enough info to go on. However, I feel LE do at this point.

For all we know they're waiting on forensic testing to be completed before putting the cuffs on and for all we know, the owner of the Altima may have already come forward to LE.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

So what's the motive?

That's been the sticking point for me all along. Missy is described as a godly woman, a good mother and a motivator who builds self esteem in others. We haven't heard one thing bad about her besides some online flirting, and believe me, facebook gossip would have outed any shortcomings by now. She doesn't frequent the bar scene or put herself in dangerous situations with shady friends. She works a steady job, attends her kids sporting events, and has a long marriage. She has an extended family who seems to genuinely care for her. No criminal history.

So, what has she done so bad that someone wants her dead? The only person I can imagine is a "psycho b*tch from hell" type from a Lifetime movie. moo

Since we are not privy to the specifics of the relationship between the killer and Ms. Bevers, we can only speculate. We don't know the circumstances of their interactions, real or perceived threats, and on and on and on....................Without knowing the history between the two ( or possibly more than two), I'm not sure we can speak to motive. Behavioral health is a complex and intricate field. It's not so much what Ms. Bevers did ( or didn't do) as how it was perceived by the killer.

respectfully. I think it will be a cold day in July before he comes forward, but jmo.

Well, that's not the only reason. As many others have stated also, people who are familiar with the car/perp could come forward with information that they didn't think was relevant before they saw the car and connected the dots.

I thought what you did, but others pointed out that criminals often think they're smarter than the police and come forward to talk in these scenarios relatively frequently.

So what's the motive?

That's been the sticking point for me all along. Missy is described as a godly woman, a good mother and a motivator who builds self esteem in others. We haven't heard one thing bad about her besides some online flirting, and believe me, facebook gossip would have outed any shortcomings by now. She doesn't frequent the bar scene or put herself in dangerous situations with shady friends. She works a steady job, attends her kids sporting events, and has a long marriage. She has an extended family who seems to genuinely care for her. No criminal history.

So, what has she done so bad that someone wants her dead? The only person I can imagine is a "psycho b*tch from hell" type from a Lifetime movie. moo

She did something that according to her mil devastated her husband.

Could everyone please do me a huge favor? :please:

When you are responding to someone's post, could you kindly click on the 'Reply With Quote' button under their post so that we can all know who you are responding to?

I love to read every single post and it would definitely make it easier to understand when posts that are being answered are quoted.

Thank you. :)

Sparky, please don't kick my behind, I promise I'm not trying to be a mod, just trying to help make everyone's reading experience a bit easier.

Good evening all. Please do me/us a favor. If you are responding to a post, use the Reply With Quote option. That way we know what you are talking about. TIA.

Hope this is ok, mods!

Thanks! I posted the same thing last night. :)

Were there no other cars at the store or passing the store between 2 a.m. and 3:15 or so? Or is that something we don't know? Just seems interesting that they are so interested in one particular car when dozens could have been in the area around that time.

Is this a fact or your opinion?

Fact. In an interview she said BB was devastated when he learned of MB's indiscretion. It wasn't clear if she was referring to the LinkedIn incident or something else.

I agree with Murrayforlife.......let's shut it down for tonight. Things are getting too snarky around here.
I 2nd that. Police were successful. That Altima has been talked up and down and all around for 24 hours now.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member