TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel strongly that Missy was targeted and that the burglary was all staging. The only place I can go without questioning the behavior of those who shall not be questioned, is to think that she may have been stalked by some creep from Anytime Fitness. But if she never told anyone that she was uneasy about someone, then no one knows! The other possibility is a former camper, who felt rejected. The murder was too personal for me to believe it was random. JMO........................Nicole Brown's murder SCREAMED OJ.

Going back to the beginning : I read that this was either MB's last class at the church,or very close to the last class. Astounding coincidence jmo Why did this perp want/need to go out on that stormy night to murder this woman at that church ? Did he want to make a specific point by doing this there ?

I think he was acting out some bizarre mindgame/fantasy, with the "police" clothing, and mugging for the security camera the way he did. very dangerous individual. jmo

Small,agile guy. Slick,but crazy. jmo

I think that someone was doing something to scare her in the weeks leading up to her murder. From what I've read on multiple sites (not sure if true), she stopped going to the gym 3 weeks prior to her death, and she was planning on moving her classes to a different location after 4/18.

I think it is possible someone was trying to scare her, and maybe didn't even mean to kill her that morning. Could explain killer's lax attitude while walking around breaking stuff, as well as not caring about the cameras being on. He/she just planned to scare her, maybe rough her up a bit. It just doesn't make sense for a killer to know they are on camera and continue on with what they're doing/murder someone.

Who knows tho... JMO/MOO.

lstiff, if you are still around or see this.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :blowkiss:

Other thoughts from the presser today:

No live stream request by LE? Hmmm....interesting little tidbit. :thinking:

Deputy Chief Johnson is kinda adorable.

And then.....:gaah:

Okay, so I was going to post a long post after catching up on all of this morning's events..BUT...nah.

I will say this though: If you read back through the majority of the comments here during and after the presser, I WHOLLY believe that LE's presser did exactly what they wanted it to do. I think it's brilliant. I'm probably alone, but that's quite alright with me.

Yes, I'm being intentionally vague. And I didn't even have to yell at anyone. :nono:

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Right there with you. 110 percent. But I will say---while brilliant, it was also completely frustrating.

JMO, I think MPD purposely gave out misinformation in today's presser hoping to trip up the killer. Again, JMO, I think it is very likely that they know the height of the perp to within an inch. If they can't get any closer than within a 5" measurement, why even have a forensics team involved? Millions of people could be from 5'2" to 5'7". Also, there is no way that LE doesn't have POIs or suspects in mind. MOO.

BBM: My thoughts exactly. Please tell us again LE how you have all of these agencies providing support but you only know the perp is 5'2-5'7. Uh huh! :rolleyes: 'Cause that totally makes sense....

I re-watched the LE press conference. Chief Johnson said that close family, friends, and co-workers start as POIs and can go from that to become a suspect. He said no one is a suspect. To me, that reads, no one is a suspect but they are still POIs. Does anyone agree?

Yes. I do. Except he also added verbiage of her family not being part of the investigation which to me says something different.

If they spent 30 to 40 hours on a potential lead. Then why did they say it was a waste of time to clear whomever was being mentioned.

Obviously there was something to warrant a use of those 30 to 40hrs. Jmo

I think that someone was doing something to scare her in the weeks leading up to her murder. From what I've read on multiple sites (not sure if true), she stopped going to the gym 3 weeks prior to her death, and she was planning on moving her classes to a different location after 4/18.

I think it is possible someone was trying to scare her, and maybe didn't even mean to kill her that morning. Could explain killer's lax attitude while walking around breaking stuff, as well as not caring about the cameras being on. He/she just planned to scare her, maybe rough her up a bit. It just doesn't make sense for a killer to know they are on camera and continue on with what they're doing/murder someone.

Who knows tho... JMO/MOO.
I would respectfully disagree. I believe he went there specifically to kill MB. As for the cameras, I think he was deep into fantasy mode when he was waiting for MB. He struts around the halls, and then he looks to be stealthily creeping. I think only he knows why, and only he understands "the game" he's acting out. all jmo

I've always suspected that Missy was targeted, but, after that, I'm doubting myself. If it really was random? Wow. That is very disturbing for our community. Praying that they know more than they are letting on.

Justice for Missy and her loved ones and peace for our community.

Regarding perp's physical description, LE said this one week ago today:

"MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) – Midlothian police said they have now had a better look at fitness instructor Missy Bevers’ killer.

Police said The Tarrant County District Attorney’s office has completed a reconstruction of video evidence, which gives a more specific physical description of the killer. They would not comment on what specifically they saw."

So how exactly was today's news a more specific physical description? The only thing that changed from before is that we now have a 6-inch range of height, rather than 3 inches. That's LESS specific.

If they truly have a better idea but just weren't showing their cards, it seems dumb to hold a live press conference. Could have just as easily issued a press release about the Nissan and whatnot. The spectacle of a press conference after several weeks of nothing, only to talk about nothing, is frustrating for all.

And if you want to call this LE bashing, keep in mind that in the PC they bashed us for providing tips that wasted their time.

So I would say to them: Well, all those wasteful tips still didn't prevent you from giving the team weekends off during the middle of this investigation, did it?

I always just reply to an entire post, but it wasn't easy to do I this case because the old thread was closed and I had to copy and paste over here... On my phone. But anyway, I don't think I took anything out of context. You're obviously very pro-LE. I'm respectful but I don't blindly believe that they're doing everything they possibly could have. I think in a smaller city especially, we need to hold them accountable. And no one said this was a TV show or a game.

I am very pro LE and I expect them to do everything by the book so that when they do file charges they have the evidence to prove those charges. I have seen nothing that makes me believe they are not trying to do everything possible to solve this murder. I have seen them acknowledge that they have not had a murder in 10 yrs (just going by the Chief) they brought in the Ellis Cty Crime Scene folks. They got the ATF, FBI Texas Rangers, then the NYPD special unit. I have no problem saying LE mess up when they do. But again so far in this case I have not seen any evidence they are slacking. They are not going to release stuff to the public that could harm their case. Just because the John Q Public wants that info to sleuth. JMHO Because when the Suspect is arrested and becomes the Alleged Murderer... then we will see all kinds of stuff. Then I want the evidence to be solid. I expect no less. If you or I were arrested they dang well better be able to prove it. Don't think there isnt gonna be a hungry Def attorney waiting to want this case. JMHO

I do agree that males (on average) are taller than females. However, I respectfully, question this source. My husband is Jewish and we live in a very Jewish area of the country. Most of the Jewish men I know are 5'10" and taller - quite opposite of the stereotype many people have that "Jewish men are short." Plus, the range given for the perp (5'2" to 5'7" is quite broad in my opinion). I just think it's a bad idea to start deciding the perp is a certain "ethnicity" - what if we knew the perp had a big nose? Would we then say - certain ethnicities have big noses? And then start saying the perp must by x ethnicity? Plus, here's a link that counters the ethnicity/height correlation. http://genetics.thetech.org/ask-a-geneticist/ethnic-groups-and-height
I post the link just to point out that there is debate w/in scientific the community about a lot of topics, and this appears to be one as well.
Plus, for MB's case, even LE is just saying the perp is "light-skinned" - that's pretty vague. Think of how many "ethnicities" have light skin. I think we need to focus on evidence of car, relationships, etc. Not enough to go on w/ physical characteristics at this point. JMO.

Deciding that a perp is certain ethnic identity is precisely what's not being done and I don't know where your source is that LE has even gone so far as to say the perp is "light skinned." Your comments on gender matter as if they came from Mexico, it would not be a short male or average female. You have no idea what the country of origin is of the perp in order to say what is or isn't average.

I've always suspected that Missy was targeted, but, after that, I'm doubting myself. If it really was random? Wow. That is very disturbing for our community. Praying that they know more than they are letting on.

Justice for Missy and her loved ones and peace for our community.

If it was a random killing, I think the MPD wouldn't be reassuring citizens that they aren't in any danger, don't you think? I think the MPD thinks Missy was targeted, and there has to be evidence that supports that belief, if they're willing to put so many people in danger if they're incorrect. You know?

IMO.

It rules a lot of people out. Plus, that 5-inch range could just be accounting for heels on the boots, lifts within the boots, the thickness of the helmet/head gear, etc. No amount of forensics is going to tell them that information. I'm sure they know how tall the person in the video is ... with the boots and gear on. But that doesn't mean that person's height is not disguised by what s/he's wearing. I'm not saying it's impossible that LEO would give out misinformation, but I think it's pretty unlikely. The guy on camera today spoke with ease about the case. It didn't seem to me like he was carefully choosing words to conceal information. JUST MY OPINION.
When I see the SwatPerp reach for a door handle in certain stills and frames (the door by the bulletin board that they used a lot of tools on while facing door) - that was one of my ways of estimating the height to be 5'5"-5'6". When an average sized person reaches for a door handle, the elbow is at a 90 degree right angle. People who are shorter 5'3" or less, children, their elbow is bent more, into a tighter angle, as the hand reaches higher than the elbow. Taller people not in the average range, say taller than 5'8", reach down, with the elbow in a wider angle because the hand will be lower than the elbow. Isn't your own elbow at about your natural waist? Bend your elbow at a right angle close to your body and approach a doorknob - what happens - does your hand meet the handle, have to lower your hand, raise your hand? Just thinking, JMO.

I also don’t understand how BB could say that Missy wasn’t targeted (in the beginning), when he had only seen the 7 second video, and when he himself said that he warned Missy about the early classes and about being careful only weeks prior to her murder…just my opinion.

I would respectfully disagree. I believe he went there specifically to kill MB. As for the cameras, I think he was deep into fantasy mode when he was waiting for MB. He struts around the halls, and then he looks to be stealthily creeping. I think only he knows why, and only he understands "the game" he's acting out. all jmo

Except that I don't understand why no gun. No self-respecting SWAT officer/fantasy Swat would use a hammer to kill someone.

Regarding perp's physical description, LE said this one week ago today:

"MIDLOTHIAN (CBSDFW.COM) – Midlothian police said they have now had a better look at fitness instructor Missy Bevers’ killer.

Police said The Tarrant County District Attorney’s office has completed a reconstruction of video evidence, which gives a more specific physical description of the killer. They would not comment on what specifically they saw."

So how exactly was today's news a more specific physical description? The only thing that changed from before is that we now have a 6-inch range of height, rather than 3 inches. That's LESS specific.

If they truly have a better idea but just weren't showing their cards, it seems dumb to hold a live press conference. Could have just as easily issued a press release about the Nissan and whatnot. The spectacle of a press conference after several weeks of nothing, only to talk about nothing, is frustrating for all.

And if you want to call this LE bashing, keep in mind that in the PC they bashed us for providing tips that wasted their time.

So I would say to them: Well, all those wasteful tips still didn't prevent you from giving the team weekends off during the middle of this investigation, did it?

The press conference seemed, to me, to serve two purposes:

1) Stop spreading stupid rumors on social media that waste our time.

2) Help us find the owner/driver of this vehicle.

Why isn't that worthy of a press conference? People are practically begging for updates and information. Seems like the LEO just can't win.

Looks like a decal under the license plate. That is huge if they can figure out what that is. Any ideas? JMO

Except that I don't understand why no gun. No self-respecting SWAT officer/fantasy Swat would use a hammer to kill someone.

We don't know whether or not a gun was used. Neither the COD nor a full list of injuries MB received has been released.

During the presser @ 14:29, Deputy Chief Johnson mentions that this murder has been compared to a previous in Cofton (?) county that had a lot of theories at the beginning, none of which turned out to be correct. What murder is he referring to?

It's impossible to keep up with this thread but am I the only one who feels like the car should have been released whenever the final video was released. Seems we've wasted some valuable time not revealing that to the public if we weren't make much ground on it ourselves (LE). That's just my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member