TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very possible, that the perp scouted the church earlier that morning. Judging on how they looked up at the "Holy Grounds" cafe and how they seemed surprised opening the Dutch double doors, they were not necessarily familiar with the church. I am entertaining the possibility, that the individual broke into the church *earlier* than when first seen on camera. If they secured access at an *earlier point*, then left and then kept cruising around (Nissan?) the area making sure everything was still "on schedule", it would further help not being soaking wet (assuming they were not) when entering the church the second time. Looking at the weather conditions that morning, if this was a "regular" burglary, going out in the midst of a heavy rainstorm really does not make a lot of sense. Also, anyone planning to attack MD could have done it in the parking lot, as a poster previously pointed out. However, the killer made sure there was no "escape" and no "noise". He wanted to kill her. JMO -Nin

I'm still getting caught up but wanted to comment on this before I forget. If the swatperp did in fact break in at an earlier point in the middle of the night, perhaps they were also able to stash a duffle bag of gear just inside the door, but out of sight of the camera. I'm still trying to figure out how they are so dry....short of someone dropping them off right at the entry point.

Just a question I've been wondering about...

If the southbound Nissan Altima pulled into the SWFA lot to get off the road for 2 minutes for some unknown reason (rain? messaging? checking map?), wouldn't that be a quick pull-in and parking in the flag pole area and corner front entrance if entering by their only driveway? (See target symbol on map):

image.jpg

Why would Nissan enter, then make a left and snake halfway around the drive to the back of the building near the brick wall and waste collection area if they're just checking their map or texting? Or maybe I only thought I heard that's where the photo was taken...do we know for sure where in the SWFA lot that the Nissan was caught on camera? (What camera of the many in that lot would capture a straight-on shot of taillights and bumper with sticker? Was this capture maybe taken as car was exiting SWFA's parking lot (can any local here give their opinion)?

attachment.php
Ok is it just me or does the picture of the Nissan Altima have a weird frame above the license plate compared to the stock photo? It has a few peaks/dips?!? sorry I am having a hard time explaining what I am talking about. Does anyone else see that? https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian-Police-Department-195047007358 Stock photo (2012 model) /
attachment.php
YES. That's what I called whiteout and heart-shaped at the top. I think the Altima may have a covering over it's license plate making it more than suspicious at 2AM, and so near the murder scene.

OK so she entered the building through the door nearest her truck. I thought that the "main" door was the front door of the church. THANKS

LMAO Stay away from NG!! You will be fine.... thats where ya got screwed up lol she has her going in the FRONT door lol :pillowfight2:

That's using the picture provided but there are many views where this does not appear to be the case.

The view camera doesn’t matter. All of the cameras are a half mile from the church property. They are not going to pick up much activity from that far, unless the camera was zoomed in on the church, which is not likely to have been the case. Even if a camera was zoomed in on the church, it’s not going to pick up anything from that far away in the rain and darkness.

Yes you can take a high resolution camera with a zoom lens and stand out in the SWFA lot and get a closer-seeming view of the church. Trees and rain still would have been there of course.

But that still begs the question, why would the SWFA have had their security cameras zoomed and focused on a church that was ~1/2 mile away? They wouldn't.And that seems to be getting lost in the mix. The only view you'd have would be in the periphery at best, and would have the church as distant background at best, while the focus was on the parking lot and building of SWFA itself.

I totally agree and I do get your point. But the SWFA cameras also have the remarkable ability to see any cars using highway 287. I'm sure every camera and its footage has been shared with LE and thoroughly examined. There are not huge breaks in this case going on at this very moment but to think unintentional video was not obtained and had to be aimed straight at the church- to me, could not be true.

Just some thoughts, MOO, did Missy work with emotionally disturbed students and who cleaned the church, what nights? and could the two be linked?

From her obituary:

"Missy went back to school to get her teaching certificate in special education"

Respectfully, I would think that since the gun store said they noticed the Altima on surveillance camera before even knowing what happened at the church that morning, they likely turned it over to LE as soon as they realized what happened at COC or spoke with LE for surveillance footage. If the cameras outside the church weren't working, it makes zero sense for LE to not spend time on this lead and it is my personal opinion that they know who's car this is. That's JMO. I think they are being thorough and have been throughout the investigation and think this was strategic to release this with the height estimate. That is JMO and would not be the first time police departments have used similar tactics during investigations. There are other things about the statement you quoted from LE that lead me to believe this even more. This was a well thought out statement that IMO, was prepared with the help of other agencies involved as well. But I totally respect and understand anyone who disagrees with my opinion on this

I agree ;) I just had to list to that Press Conf again... uggg I almost can repeat it lol but anywho... they got video from the area businesses on the 18th. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12514028#post12514028

If the southbound Nissan Altima pulled into the SWFA lot to get off the road for 2 minutes for some unknown reason (rain? messaging? checking map?), wouldn't that be a quick pull-in and parking in the flag pole area and corner front entrance if entering by their only driveway? (See target symbol on map):

attachment.php

Why would Nissan enter, then make a left and snake halfway around the drive to the back of the building near the brick wall and waste collection area if they're just checking their map or texting? Or maybe I only thought I heard that's where the photo was taken...do we know for sure where in the SWFA lot that the Nissan was caught on camera? (What camera of the many in that lot would capture a straight-on shot of taillights and bumper with sticker? Was this capture maybe taken as car was exiting SWFA's parking lot (can any local here give their opinion)?

While I don't believe that it's accurate that Nissan went around the SWFA building, does it matter? (FWIW, I think, as you suggest, they simply pulled into the parking lot and parked right by the front door somewhere. To me, the car pics look like taken in that front door area, too.)

But in any event, there's nothing to sleuth out about that car's location, that can be helpful. It's not a mystery to LE as they know exactly where the car sat for a few minutes.

YES. That's what I called whiteout and heart-shaped at the top. I think the Altima may have a covering over it's license plate making it more than suspicious at 2AM, and so near the murder scene.

Interesting! Did you guys discuss this yesterday and I missed it? If so, can you point me in that direction?

I think you make great points. The SWFA and LE have had this image of the Altima for a month! I do think they know whose car it is, and I don't think it is the only image of the Altima from SWFA, but one of many. In the image released, it looks like not only taillights, but IMO that the driver has their foot on the brake with the much brighter rear brake lights glaring so bright that some posters in the last thread at first thought they were viewing headlights. With the driver not having their foot on the brakes, I wonder if the SWFA cameras provided other images where LE could see right into the interior enough to make out how many people inside, more details about the driver like head height in the seat, etc., just like the man counting money zoom in. I do not at all think LE is lying or dumb, but I do think they may be coy and playing poker. LE does not think the public is in danger, or at least did not issue a public safety announcement at the 5/20/16 presser, which JMO means MB was targetted and LE is on to the suspect(s).

Ok this may sound stupid. but the other SWFA video are color. So I guess the night time ones would not show color but wouldn't it at least show red taillights? I think so too. They are just holding everything close. Everything they said was said and chosen. We just have to wait to find out why. Hopefully not much longer.

I'm officially out until an arrest has been made. I've spent way too much time reading this thread and sleuthing people who panned out to be completely unrelated (probably). I have way too much going on in my actual life to be able to devote any more time to it. I'm glad some of you are willing to keep this case on the top of the list, here! I'm hopeful to see an arrest soon!

Ok this may sound stupid. but the other SWFA video are color. So I guess the night time ones would not show color but wouldn't it at least show red taillights? I think so too. They are just holding everything close. Everything they said was said and chosen. We just have to wait to find out why. Hopefully not much longer.

Looks to me like that car’s backup lights are on. I kind of doubt that the PD converted a color image to black and white.

I've driven through Midlothian several times per year over the last 8 years. It is a very common road for through-traffic from Houston to the Texas panhandle as it is a bit of a short cut as opposed to driving over to Dallas and then down I45. So, a lot of traffic passes through...all night long (I often travel overnight).

I have pulled into many parking lots such as that of SWFA to get off the road for a minute to retrieve my cell phone from the floorboard, retrieve an item from the back seat, etc. Especially on rainy nights where parking on the narrow shoulder with traffic whizzing by in reduced visibility can be a bit unnerving.

That being said, it is possible that the suspect car is a lead, but there are a LOT of reasons for it's appearance which are totally innocent in nature.

I think the dog tells us something informative. IMO it shows LE not seeing one thing, and looking for an outside-the-box answer.

What I believe it shows us

I think the later dog search is a great indicator of LE's thinking in regards to trying to figure out why the perp had come there. The perp was clearly there for some intended reason (shown by the costume, and the fact it was done on an inconvenient night with the rain). One obvious possible explanation for the perp's presence was to specifically do harm to MB. But if not that, then why would they have been there?

So the other obvious thing to consider is they entered to take stuff. But imo this tells us that they really couldn't find any evidence of a theft gone wrong. Nothing was taken, but things of value could have been. So, they wondered if the perp came to leave something rather than take something, since the perp was there for quite some time and took nothing.

And what would someone leave? A bomb.

The next group gathering, when a bomb could have been set to inflict much damage, was Wed eve. So they brought in the dog just to make sure that there was no bomb left on the premises.

And since they didn't find a bomb either, then why did the perp come there? One more indicator, if we needed one, that it was specifically to do harm to MB.

Respectfully that's what I meant in the my comment you quoted "Makes me wonder now, if they just brought the dog in to make sure the church was safe for people to come back into that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill