TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outside cameras of the Creekside Church will remain somewhat of a mystery to me. Were they intentionally tampered with,

No mystery. Already asked and answered by LE. They investigated and don't believe they were tampered with.

This map previously posted shows MB's likely routes to CoC from her home in Red Oak. On either route, MB drove by the SWFA Outdoors (5840 E Hwy 287) to get to the CoC (5401 E Hwy 287). Also, SWFA not only has a lot of security cameras for their property, they specialize in "Offering quality rifle scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes" and host "The Optics Talk Forum" (SWFA.com Facebook). JMO the owner is really involved in and enthusiastic about all sorts of optical equipment, and has an excessive number of state-of-the-art security cameras even for a gun store. At the hour of the morning MB was arriving, in the dark and in the rain with headlights on, I do think that her lone truck passing SWFA on 287, entering the CoC and parking at the southwest corner awning would all have been captured on SWFA cameras as identifiable activity specifically of MB/her truck.

Attachments

• MAP Wllis Co aerial.JPG
    MAP Wllis Co aerial.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 48
Respectfully, it is not realistic to imagine that the SWFA cameras were "looking" at the church, at all!! Those cameras, by design, were looking at SWFA property, and any possible glimpse of something ~1/2 mile away is only going to be way in the background, unfocused, and it was a dark and rainy night as well.

If we are in daylight, with no rain, and trying to focus on the church, the best view is of the south side of the church, and even that is obscured by lots of trees in the way between SWFA and the church. The driveway is on the far side, and perhaps not even in the line of sight of any SWFA camera at all.

Here's a pic from SWFA to church, and this is in daylight, with no rain, and with a camera focused at the church rather than at SWFA property. You can't make out squat.

attachment.php

Yep, it would be hard to see a car enter the church property from that location in the daylight. At night, with heavy rain, zero chance.

Ok, your holding out.... cough up some links...for arrival and departure of the Perp... only thing I seen is that Perp/Suspect first seen on camera at 3:50am and they didn't know how long had been in building prior and leaving...Spann: we believe he left shortly after the assault ... don't have any indication went into any other rooms after the assault. still piecing together the video

I'm not sure what your point to me is. But I think you have completely missed my point. There was no statement in my words as to what LE does or doesn't know, only a statement of what sources they are limited to, in making such determinations.

AS I SAID - AND MY POINT - is that any info about arrival and departure times of perp and Missy is only possible by cam. Because LE can't ask them. Whereas LE can ask other people about their arrival, departure, and so on. As I said, "...we can only ascertain the time of the arrival/departure of perp, and Missy, by camera time stamps (where they exist), since we can't ask them."

Like you, I think it would help if we could know for sure what the weather was like from 4am-5am. Because of the heavy rain and storms in the area around that time, we have often written about how hard it was (likely) raining. Yet one local wrote that it was NOT raining hard at that time, that it was lightly drizzling. Pouring rain and a light drizzle are different. In addition, my Houston friends often tell me that it can be pouring rain and flooding in one part of Houston but sunny in another part. So I don't feel like I could look up the weather on Weather. com to see what it was doing and get an accurate description.

BBM:
weather for Midlothian on 4/18/2016 https://www.wunderground.com/histor...reqdb.zip=75165&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 43
No mystery. Already asked and answered by LE. They investigated and don't believe they were tampered with.

Thanks SteveS- IIRC I thought the outside cameras at the church were working intermittently.

But WHERE on video is she walking into the building? Did the key she had fit all doors or one door ? JMO DUNNO

JMHO, the video camera wherever it is located to capture someone coming through the doors at the Covered Awnings, is where MB entered. Same doors that we see in the Suspect video .. entrance/exit doors that are by the Dutch doors..... may 12 creekside church 4 door frame.jpg

My opinion comes from the SW for iPhone & iPad

At approximately 0418 hours, the victim Terri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area.
The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim was later found deceased at the south west comer of the interior of the
building.

Yep, it would be hard to see a car enter the church property from that location in the daylight. At night, with heavy rain, zero chance.

That's using the picture provided but there are many views where this does not appear to be the case.

I was intrigued by this when it happened, then got wrapped into another case, and lost track of this one. I've tried to catch up a bit and this is my first post on this one. I've always felt that the assailant was a female. I think she is fit. I think the "outfit" is to throw us off track to think she is heavy or out of shape. I also think the shoes are causing her to walk like that and the reason is, I think, is that the shoes are too big, again, to throw us off on the size of her feet. When I grab my S.O.'s boots/shoes, to run outside really fast, (if mine aren't handy or I'm too lazy to go get mine), I walk like that b/c they are far too large and I have to walk like that to keep them on. This person is cocky too, imo. Self-assured. Just taking a guess, she could be someone who is/was fixated on MB. Kind of like what happens to stars at times (John Hinckley to Jody Foster or Mark David Chapman to John Lennon). Either that or a female that wanted rid of her b/c of competition of some type (a male or even business-wise). I think she had a layout of the church but had maybe not been in it before, or if so, not all over the grounds. Just my two cents.

I think comparing MB to Jody Foster or John Lennon is a bit of a stretch. MB was not famous like that. She was just an ordinary middle aged, physical fitness trainer and soccer mom. Not the type of person someone would likely become obsessed with, or want to kill. IMHO.

Just some thoughts, MOO, did Missy work with emotionally disturbed students and who cleaned the church, what nights? and could the two be linked?

Thanks SteveS- IIRC I thought the outside cameras at the church were working intermittently.

Yes, they said exactly that (that the outside cameras at the church were working intermittently). Specifically, from LE: "Exterior cameras worked on an intermittent basis. So they were experiencing just some malfunctions. We had video during previous times of exterior footage but on the day of the murder we don't have exterior footage from the cameras outside ...."

But (when asked a clarifying follow-up question, essentially the same question you asked earlier), they also said they don't believe they were tampered with.

Although it was not asked or stated, I personally would think that the rain may have had something to do with the malfunctioning. But that's only my guess, and as long as they weren't tampered with, then the lack of exterior footage is simply a fact, and nothing worth taking time to explore.

The outside cameras of the Creekside Church will remain somewhat of a mystery to me. Were they intentionally tampered with, did the rainy evening into morning affect their functioning- I wish I knew because this could offer another layer of planning on the part of the SP. This person was hiding behind their costume, yet acted very boldly in other ways.

I have seen no evidence that they were tampered with, but heavy rain and darkness would certainly obscure the view of the camera.

attachment.php

Ok is it just me or does the picture of the Nissan Altima have a weird frame above the license plate compared to the stock photo? It has a few peaks/dips?!? sorry I am having a hard time explaining what I am talking about. Does anyone else see that?

https://www.facebook.com/Midlothian-Police-Department-195047007358

Stock photo (2012 model)
/
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 724
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 713
I
I think comparing MB to Jody Foster or John Lennon is a bit of a stretch. MB was not famous like that. She was just an ordinary middle aged, physical fitness trainer and soccer mom. Not they type of person someone would likely become obsessed with, or want to kill. IMHO.

Stalkers obsess over non-famous people every day. It's possible MB attracted a stalker.

Nice aerial of the area! What if the Altima was the dropoff and pickup vehicle? What if they stopped in SWFA to get better oriented. The Dropoff - Altima on Rex Odom road, SP hikes the little dirt road, crosses the Prong Creek, through the woods to the NE of CoC. The Escape: The SP could have fled out the NE of CoC and headed intothe woods for the Prong Creek, followed the creek under the 287, continued along creek on SWFA side to that little heavily wooded and no houses road behind SWFA where the Altima was waiting for SP? JMO another theory.

:silly: little dirt road would be a muddy road and creek would have water in it. Suspect would be sopping wet and probably muddy by time made it to the church. JMHO drove veh.

... my Houston friends often tell me that it can be pouring rain and flooding in one part of Houston but sunny in another part. So I don't feel like I could look up the weather on Weather. com to see what it was doing and get an accurate description.

Yes, but Houston is enormous, whereas Midlothian is not. The weather history for the town itself should be fairly accurate. jmo

That's using the picture provided but there are many views where this does not appear to be the case.

Yes you can take a high resolution camera with a zoom lens and stand out in the SWFA lot and get a closer-seeming view of the church. Trees and rain still would have been there of course.

But that still begs the question, why would the SWFA have had their security cameras zoomed and focused on a church that was ~1/2 mile away? They wouldn't. And that seems to be getting lost in the mix. The only view you'd have would be in the periphery at best, and would have the church as distant background at best, while the focus was on the parking lot and building of SWFA itself.

Still wondering, if it was rainy, where might there be wet foot prints inside the church. (Guess none were seen on camera)....

sbm bbm
1. Did perp leave footprints on church floor?
2. Wet footprints? If so, others including Ms B, CGs' & first responders may not have noticed prints, may have obliterated them. IDK.
Muddy prints? If so, others may have noticed them & may have deliberately avoiding stepping in/on them. Muddy prints may be preserved. IDK.
3. Within ~1st week, MSM (sorry, no link) stated there were indications perp tried to/started to "clean up." Did not say - clean up what.
Warning: Graphic.
Someone here (sorry, forgot who) commented - there was not time for perp to clean up blood. Agreeing, no time to clean up blood.

Why try to clean up blood, w. perp not planning/not trying (apparently, imo) to remove Ms B's remains from crime scene.
Criminals trying to clean up blood at scene do that in attempt to make it look like there was no injury or death there, like when they remove body.
In a fatal assault w multiple puncture wounds of head & chest, common sense dictates that a quickie clean up attempt would not be effective.

I wonder - did perp try to clean up prints? Did perp effectively remove wet footprints, to point of leaving no useful forensics? IDK. Anyone?

Like you, I think it would help if we could know for sure what the weather was like from 4am-5am. Because of the heavy rain and storms in the area around that time, we have often written about how hard it was (likely) raining. Yet one local wrote that it was NOT raining hard at that time, that it was lightly drizzling. Pouring rain and a light drizzle are different. In addition, my Houston friends often tell me that it can be pouring rain and flooding in one part of Houston but sunny in another part. So I don't feel like I could look up the weather on Weather. com to see what it was doing and get an accurate description.

Now, I bet that is something they could get from the SWFA videos for sure. Time stamped video of the rain fall at various times...(yep its like your friends in Houston say here also at times)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0