TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
5e48d9b115186dee267b41f426191c0d.jpg

This is a path in the back parking lot of the church. Which could has easily been used to a car waiting or to nearby Whataburger.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Great picture, thanks.

If I were Swatperp (ie. planning with extraordinary thoroughness for the prevention of being seen, discovered, or identified) this is definitely the route I'd have chosen for making my escape. Rather than on or even near a main road which would involve cameras from area businesses (plural) whose footage was viewed by LE after the crime.

Just trying to think like the obsessive little creep he was.

Thank you for this post! I think we are in the minority with that opinion, but glad to read you share it.

Are you saying you've been searching in that area north of the church, or that you're familiar with that sort of trek in a general sense?

Yes, I'd estimate Swatperp had a good 40-45-min start before LE got there (JMO). Sure would love to know that the area north of the church has been searched and researched. Though, truthfully, with the rain and mud, it may be hard to find any useful evidence. The swat gear and murder weapon are probably at the bottom of a lake, pond, or reservoir by now.

(And no, I don't believe the "tools" - even if used in the burglary and/or attack - were the murder weapon(s). That's why he left them behind.)

I'm in Michigan but I'm familiar with wearing my gear in the rain including a loaded backpack, plus we train for all sorts of terrain. I'm not sure what kind of terrain is north of the church but it just seems to me that SP would have been better off on foot than parking a car in the church lot.
It would be interesting to know how much of that area was searched. You're right, the mud & the rain probably would have destroyed any evidence. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That area around that Fire Extinguisher box, is what I was saying earlier, there are codes for that ADA, and when Suspect is in area of that white box, doesn't appear as tall as other illusions/distortions from vidoeo do JMHO

The only code the ADA requires for that type of extinguisher box is that the lowest leading edge be mounted at or below 27".

I have attached four more images, this time of the dutch door/alcove hallway. The lens distortion has been corrected, and once again I'm using standard door installation heights of 84". You can see in image 1 and 2, the fire extinguisher box appears to be mounted at code height of 27". In image 3, the subject is just about to enter the alcove. This is the last frame where the bottoms of his feet are unobscured by shadows. The frames just after (with the headlamp reflection on the wall) are not useful for this technique, since his feet are not visible. In image 4, you'll see his heel lands exactly on the edge of the tile floor, in line with the bottom edge of the wall facing the camera.

The lens distortion in these images were more complicated to correct than the tile hallway. It took a couple days, but in the end I still ended up with a fairly consistent height of 71-72" (total with gear). The more time I spend on these images, the more narrow my margin becomes. But until we know the exact doorway height, these are only estimated numbers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• measure1.jpg
    measure1.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 514
  • measure2.jpg
    measure2.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 514
  • lastmeasure3.jpg
    lastmeasure3.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 519
  • measure4.jpg
    measure4.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 522
Great picture, thanks.

If I were Swatperp (ie. planning with extraordinary thoroughness for the prevention of being seen, discovered, or identified) this is definitely the route I'd have chosen for making my escape. Rather than on or even near a main road which would involve cameras from area businesses (plural) whose footage was viewed by LE after the crime.

But the path ends in a big field...does not connect to a road.......perp could use that but would have to go out to a road to get picked up or drive their car away. JMO

Great picture, thanks.

febb6db316ab20b7d403ef8976eadede.jpg

6fc4c8f4c02d308f6dab62e4c0469db1.jpg

At the back of the church is a prayer garden that has great hiding places. I noticed

I feel certain this was addressed very early on--- probably in thread one but I don't recall the answer/explanation.
Does the church not have a security system? If so, was it disabled by SP? Don't most churches have an alarm/security system?
No security system. I remember them saying that in the first interview.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed already, but is there anyone reading these that can speak about the authenticity of the "SWAT" gear the suspect is wearing?

It looks real, to me (real, meaning not purchased at a costume store).. I've been searching for unsolved thefts of police gear in Texas, and have found a few hits, this one being notable:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/08/25/...tolen-from-southlake-police-officers-vehicle/

I realize some realistic (and possibly very real) gear of the type seen in the video can be purchased online, but I don't think there is a myriad of sites out there offering that level of quality.

Just Cheetos for thought.

I believe it's paintball "tac" gear. The kind you can buy on amazon or aliexpress for pretty cheap. Just a quick add-up puts me under 150 for the entire get-up.

I still think SP is flat footed & or knock-kneed.
My husband is flat footed & I've mentioned before that when he wears his work boots he walks more on the outsides of his feet & his feet kinda kick out, similar to what I see on the video, I don't notice it when my husband wears other shoes like his tennis shoes.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I also believe the subject is flat-footed. I'm certain he has hypermobility in the knees. It's my opinion he is nursing a blister on one foot from wearing new shoes bought for the occasion and hiking a ways.

someone posted that they thought perhaps the killer was wearing a pig mask....I don't think it's a pig mask but when the killer is first trying to pry that door I got some pics and it does appear to be some sort of mask - similar to maybe a gas mask or flight crew oxygen mask, etc. But in the video just after the frames in the pictures I'm posting below - you can see the killer crossing his/her arms and very slowly moving them and it appears he/she sort of pulls that mask down. I think it's like at 1:05 in the video. Anyway here are two pictures where you can sort of see the mask but what's more interesting to me is you can actually see the back of the killer's neck (and the killer is white) with dark brown or black hair. Don't know if the hair is short or pulled up inside the helmet.

View attachment 95532

View attachment 95533

Wow! I've always thought this was a woman but that definitely looks like a mans haircut you can see. I agree with some sort of "mask" covering the nose & mouth. From the beginning a ski mask has been mentioned but wouldn't that also cover the neck?

Those look like big trees. When actually they are thick bushes.

Thanks for going there and taking pics graysfirst. I'd love it if you could figure out where all the interior cameras are....but I don't want you to become a suspect!!!! JMO

Wow! I've always thought this was a woman but that definitely looks like a mans haircut you can see. I agree with some sort of "mask" covering the nose & mouth. From the beginning a ski mask has been mentioned but wouldn't that also cover the neck?

Maybe black bandana around the mouth? Which video? I must be looking at the wrong one, times aren't lining up where I am seeing anything clear to show hairline.

<snipped for reference>

April 18th press conf, Captain Spann stated at that time they speculated the Suspect left through same way came in, through the metal door which was to the kitchen., thats why JMHO Suspect didn't leave out same double glass doors MB entered. Spann also said that although the Suspect broke 2 or 3 other windows, they had no evidence that Suspect went out them (kitchen window and the 2 busted NE Rear doors) On the door handle being gone, again JMHO, I thinking the MPD/Ellis County Crime Scene Unit, removed the outer door part that the Suspect used a tool on, for tool mark evidence, not that the Suspect pried it off and took with, but possible I suppose. (I hope the LE have it)

BBM

Hi arkansasmimi, I am pretty sure that the Today Show blurb (hopefully listed in our media thread) was where it was referenced that the exterior hardware of that metal door was actually taken off by Swatperp. (Hope that helps. I just read it in one of my 2,000-plus screenshots this morning, but really don't want to have to plow through those again). If it were not removed by SP, LE would have no cause to take it off; they'd just run tests on it there, as needed.

JMO, IMO, etc.

ETA: the Today Show video in the Media Thread references with that closeup photo of the missing door hardware that "the church had signs of forced entry." Not as specifically as I'd I'd recalled (though I still believe Swatperp took it off and not LE).

Now you’re walking on the fighting side of all us horsemen. Any one that has spent enough time in the saddle to become bold legged has enough horse sense and patience to stay well away of a homicide in my opinion. Just showing off my prejudice but I’ll bet my best mare, SWAT PAT is not a horseman.

I'm in agreement. As someone who grew up on the back of a horse, riding would help with posture as well as offset issues like I see in the subject (pronate ankles, hunch, sway back, etc). He may ride, but he's probably not a skilled horseman. He does not appear to be physically fit to my eyes.

The only code the ADA requires for that type of extinguisher box is that the lowest leading edge be mounted at or below 27".

I have attached four more images, this time of the dutch door/alcove hallway. The lens distortion has been corrected, and once again I'm using standard door installation heights of 84". You can see in image 1 and 2, the fire extinguisher box appears to be mounted at code height of 27". In image 3, the subject is just about to enter the alcove. This is the last frame where the bottoms of his feet are unobscured by shadows. The frames just after (with the headlamp reflection on the wall) are not useful for this technique, since his feet are not visible. In image 4, you'll see his heel lands exactly on the edge of the tile floor, in line with the bottom edge of the wall facing the camera.

The lens distortion in these images were more complicated to correct than the tile hallway. It took a couple days, but in the end I still ended up with a fairly consistent height of 71-72" (total with gear). The more time I spend on these images, the more narrow my margin becomes. But until we know the exact doorway height, these are only estimated numbers.

Respectfully snipped for space...

THANK YOU AGAIN, for all your hard work. Sorry we are taking so much of your time. I just thought if we had something "known" but I guess still a guess estimate.
So 71-72 inches, for 84 in doors 5'11 -6' (total with gear) .... If they are 80 in, then that would subtract 4 inches from your calculations correct? Because you are using the 84 to get your height on Suspect. 72-4= 67/68 inches which is 5'6 - 5'7 inches (total with gear) ... the top end of the new height ?

:thinking: Thinking out loud and not sure...am I doing this right lol been working in yard and got tired so brain may not be working right lol

Originally Posted by QueenBea13
I still think SP is flat footed & or knock-kneed.
My husband is flat footed & I've mentioned before that when he wears his work boots he walks more on the outsides of his feet & his feet kinda kick out, similar to what I see on the video, I don't notice it when my husband wears other shoes like his tennis shoes.

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

Originally Posted by Batbrat
I also believe the subject is flat-footed. I'm certain he has hypermobility in the knees. It's my opinion he is nursing a blister on one foot from wearing new shoes bought for the occasion and hiking a ways.

I agree with both of these posters that SP appears flat-footed and that part of the unusual gait seems to have something to do with his knees (unless it's just due to bowleggedness). Having a long stride, additionally, makes for a sort of swagger.

Long stride:

image.jpg

I think this knee thing (bowing? hypermobility?) shows up especially well in this freeze-frame (though blurry):

image.jpg

someone posted that they thought perhaps the killer was wearing a pig mask....I don't think it's a pig mask but when the killer is first trying to pry that door I got some pics and it does appear to be some sort of mask - similar to maybe a gas mask or flight crew oxygen mask, etc. But in the video just after the frames in the pictures I'm posting below - you can see the killer crossing his/her arms and very slowly moving them and it appears he/she sort of pulls that mask down. I think it's like at 1:05 in the video. Anyway here are two pictures where you can sort of see the mask but what's more interesting to me is you can actually see the back of the killer's neck (and the killer is white) with dark brown or black hair. Don't know if the hair is short or pulled up inside the helmet. View attachment 95532 View attachment 95533
OMG. MrsPC! I have seen that section of video and thought the same thing about seeing a Caucasian/white neck. BUT look at that haircut - very MANNISH cut line across the bottom.

febb6db316ab20b7d403ef8976eadede.jpg

6fc4c8f4c02d308f6dab62e4c0469db1.jpg

At the back of the church is a prayer garden that has great hiding places. I noticed

Such a beautiful area! I hate that this evil was brought here. That it happened at ALL. That big busy tree, is on the opposite side of the drive, not up against the building lol I had to go look at pictures was wondering where the dumpster went. Thats one thing for sure in this whole case, optical illusions depending where standing and photo taken. THANK YOU FOR THESE!!!!

Welcome!! Good thoughts!!

Respectfully BBM, when you say "Perp parked at the rear of the building (to the right side of where victim parked under cover)" are you meaning the SE corner of building -rear but same side as the covered awning where MB truck parked? If so then the Suspect would have had to walk around to the other side of the building (North side parking lot side) as that is where the metal door is located, not at the rear. There are double doors busted at rear but those are at the NE corner.

April 18th press conf, Captain Spann stated at that time they speculated the Suspect left through same way came in, through the metal door which was to the kitchen., thats why JMHO Suspect didn't leave out same double glass doors MB entered. Spann also said that although the Suspect broke 2 or 3 other windows, they had no evidence that Suspect went out them (kitchen window and the 2 busted NE Rear doors) On the door handle being gone, again JMHO, I thinking the MPD/Ellis County Crime Scene Unit, removed the outer door part that the Suspect used a tool on, for tool mark evidence, not that the Suspect pried it off and took with, but possible I suppose. (I hope the LE have it)
attachment.php

JMHO, I am not sure they do not have video of Suspect after the murder. Captain Spann CID, chose his words carefully at that press conf, and the SW are summary of facts know, not all facts known. (per wording on the SW) The limited video release to me means there is evidence on them. The only reason we got what 2.27 we got is hoping someone would recognize the Suspect walk and mannerisms.

JMHO, I think the Suspect parked on the Northside parking, it slopes down, dark (sparse lighting) Coming in the drive, turning in front of church to go to the side MB parked, unless you were looking, you would not see. Went in and out same door got in veh and pulled straight out. Possible the parked car in distance is either possibly from interior camera, when Suspect broke back rear double doors which that motion turned on camera, or even the Suspect walking in that hallway later (if parked in NE rear). We have not been privy to where the surv camera is that caught this car. Also possible some view from SWFA camera, again we don;t know where camera is that caught that car, or MB truck driving into the parking lot.

attachment.php
ETA: I need to UPDATED this photo, the WHITE Square is actually the broken kitchen window, the metal kitchen door is to the left of it where the side walk is leading up to that metal door. I am not on my laptop so not sure how to do on tablet. Sorry for confusion. Just looked at and realized.

Just saw your pic, yes I was thinking NE rear, broke double glass doors, sets off motion video, moves to single door, breaks in, agree with you. Not sure if LE took off handle, but perp jacked with it. I think they have video of perp leaving...was just thinking if they do not that perp left thru doors closet to actual impact scene. My first inclination would be perp would exit same method of entry.

Thanks for going there and taking pics graysfirst. I'd love it if you could figure out where all the interior cameras are....but I don't want you to become a suspect!!!! JMO
It was interesting to drive around there today. Gave things a whole new meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members