TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is a grand jury and what do they do? How can I get on one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A grand jury is a legal body that is empowered to conduct official proceedings to investigate potential criminal conduct and to determine whether criminal charges should be brought. A grand jury may compel the production of documents and may compel the sworn testimony of witnesses to appear before it. A grand jury is separate from the courts, which do not preside over its functioning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_jury

AFAIK, Grand juries are chosen from the same pool as regular jurors

What exactly is a grand jury and what do they do? How can I get on one?

First thing you'd need to do is determine if grand juries are even regularly used where you live. Only about half the states choose to make use of grand juries. So Google "grand jury process _______" and put the name of your state in place of the blank line.

If people from the community in here are reading, I hope they're giving consideration as to whether or not anyone they know recently 'lost' or acquired a new cellphone. Along with keeping an eye out for that light-colored Nissan Altima with oval sticker (which may or may not still be attached). And if their households have police gear, hunting gear, or guns, I hope they're checking to see if those are also all accounted for.

:thinking: JMHO. bad choice of words. I would be relieved, angry a lot of various emotions, even more so if I knew the Suspect.

Mother-in-Law of Texas Fitness Instructor Killed in Church Shares Family's Frustration a Month After Murder: 'When They Make an Arrest, Will We Feel Like Celebrating?'

BY JEFF TRUESDELL @ jhtruesdell 05/27/2016 AT 09:10 AM EDT
"When they make an arrest, are we going to celebrate, or would we feel bad about celebrating?," Missy's mother-in-law Marsha Tucker tells PEOPLE.

More questions arose after search warrants said Missy's social media exchanges revealed "an ongoing financial and marital struggle," along with communications outside of her marriage that were "flirtatious and familiar."

But the revelation has drawn the family closer to Missy's side. Before that news broke, police gathered family members, including Missy's husband, to alert them.

"[Brandon] sat there – I was there – and he goes, 'I've already forgiven her," says Tucker, who played Cupid to bring Brandon and Missy together. The couple married in 1998, and were parents to three girls ages 8, 13 and 15.

"I know he has absolutely been cleared and he's okay," Tucker said of her son. "As for other people who have been brought into question, I feel for them if they're innocent."

http://www.people.com/article/missy...tructor-murder-mother-in-law-hopes-for-arrest

I don't understand why the most circulated photo of Missy - or so it seems - is one she posted in 2013. Why choose a 3 year old? It's the photo with the red painted wall in the background provided by the Bevers family.

Sometimes it's the little things like this that just bug me.

I don't understand why the most circulated photo of Missy - or so it seems - is one she posted in 2013. Why choose a 3 year old? It's the photo with the red painted wall in the background provided by the Bevers family.

JMO - I would guess that's the way they want to remember her assuming that was before she started training.

I am fairly certain that is the picture they used for her obituary. We had something similar happened when my mom died from cancer at young age. My dad insisted on using a picture that several of us thought was an odd choice considering it was at least 8 years prior to her death, but HE liked the picture and I think that is how HE wanted to remember her. Perhaps BB (or the family member that picked the photo) wants to remember Missy how she was prior to Camp Gladiator.

JMO - I would guess that's the way they want to remember her assuming that was before she started training.

Agree. They may not have had more recent pictures.......but BB does- that nice family pic in Montana from last summer...just BB MB and the kids. JMO

Respectfully :confused:One would think the FBI being on the case that they go on that part right away. And we have no reason to doubt they did not. It wasn't a secret to them where she had been, From her public fb we can see a lot of where, but they had actual people they spoke with to get actual timeline of places, PLUS all the data from her iPhone and iPad. . JMHO

Yes, I honestly find it quite entertaining that many of us on here assume that if we haven't heard about something, specifically, then LE hasn't done it. Haha! We are working with SO many fewer pieces of the puzzle because we rely on using only info that is made public.

***Not saying this kind of speculation isn't helpful or good... heck, I'm here too after all-- but it's also important to remember we are not privy to so much info, and I bet LE thought of things like checking Austin surveillance and other info about her trip long ago!

Agreed.. I'm leaning towards the higher end of the 5'2" - 5'7" range..

Since I'm also leaning towards the idea of poor posture, general bad health, and apathetic demeanor (we all saw how much effort was put into prying that other door open), I don't see the killer as having anything to do with camp gladiator or anything that doesn't involve eating a lot of Cheetos.

But not all people who eat Cheetos are killers. Brb - need a napkin for cheese dust! [emoji12]

I'm not sure if it's been discussed already, but is there anyone reading these that can speak about the authenticity of the "SWAT" gear the suspect is wearing?

It looks real, to me (real, meaning not purchased at a costume store).. I've been searching for unsolved thefts of police gear in Texas, and have found a few hits, this one being notable:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/08/25/...tolen-from-southlake-police-officers-vehicle/

I realize some realistic (and possibly very real) gear of the type seen in the video can be purchased online, but I don't think there is a myriad of sites out there offering that level of quality.

Just Cheetos for thought.

Please remember all children are off limits.

It was poor not four.

Thanks!

...and while I'm on this train of thought (it's actually just a continuation of the same train of thought from when I first started posting on these threads), is it worth considering that the suspect really doesn't like churches?

If we consider the possibility of a 20-30 yr old out-of-shape atheist with bad posture, sluggish demeanor, and a proclivity for stealing and/or purchasing tactical gear... it might not be a bad idea to do a roll call on the membership at the nearest video game store, if you catch muh drifffft...

A grand jury is a legal body that is empowered to conduct official proceedings to investigate potential criminal conduct and to determine whether criminal charges should be brought. A grand jury may compel the production of documents and may compel the sworn testimony of witnesses to appear before it. A grand jury is separate from the courts, which do not preside over its functioning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_jury

AFAIK, Grand juries are chosen from the same pool as regular jurors

That's not how the Grand Jury works in my area. They are mainly an investigative group who looks into the operation of city and county public operations, like the schools, police dept., fire dept., county and city administration and a bunch of things like that. I don't think they have ever been in on a general crime case. The members are appointed by the judges. My mother-in-law served on our Grand Jury for 2 years, so I know pretty much what they do here.

Insomnia tonight, thinking about what we know and what NG's peeps had to say tonight, then it clicked so here I am.

For me, there no doubt that SWATPERP was not a stranger to MB. MB was targeted, apparently obvious to LE and BB from all they have seen of the videos and whatever else BB has been privy to. I will take that as fact. The murder was up close and personal with planning that required detailed knowledge of MB's normal activities before her 5:00am classes and committed with such violence that it screams out 'jealousy, hatred, vengeance and rage'. It is impossible to have that much emotional disturbance about a person that one does not know well. Of course SWATPERP knew MB and MB knew SWATPERP. And I do not think this was SP's very first time to make the tension/discord known.

MB and BB have been married for 20 years and each knows all the people the other one knows well enough to have problems with.

So, yes, I believe BB knows the ID of this person. He just doesn't want to believe it yet, so he is doubting what his gut tells him. As he said, he is only 75% sure SP is a female. He is holding out hope that he is wrong, but praying that if he is right, LE does the dirty work of fingering SP.

He may have been pleading SP's innocence to LE, refusing to admit to himself that his instinct is on point, as in "No way. Impossible. She would never do such a thing. You need to look elsewhere, it isn't her."

JMHO

I agree with everything you said, except the part I bolded. Because *IF* she was engaged in intimate relationship(s) outside of the marriage, he may not have known SP.

That's not how the Grand Jury works in my area. They are mainly an investigative group who looks into the operation of city and county public operations, like the schools, police dept., fire dept., county and city administration and a bunch of things like that. I don't think they have ever been in on a general crime case. The members are appointed by the judges. My mother-in-law served on our Grand Jury for 2 years, so I know pretty much what they do here.

In Texas, the grand jury looks at the evidence prior to an indictment.

I don't like that photo either. It's not because it's three years old; I just don't think it's a good picture. JMO

I guess in varies from place to place

I agree with everything you said, except the part I bolded. Because *IF* she was engaged in intimate relationship(s) outside of the marriage, he may not have known SP.

I was thinking about this earlier. Didn't BB say he was the one that that told LE of the affairs? Anyone?

I don't know if anyone is still hung up on the "injured right foot" theory... haven't seen it mentioned in awhile. From early on, I felt like the theory was skewed by the fact that when the perp is closest to the camera (in the video we have), it's his or her right side facing us. So we notice the gait of that right foot more than we do the left.

But when we look at the portion of video where the perp walks down the hallway and then back again, it's more straight on. It is obvious to me at least that the perp's gait affects the left and right sides equally. Look at the pics below - the first one is with the perp walking away from the camera, and the second one is the perp walking toward the camera. You can see lots of daylight between the legs, and the left and right feet are both turned outward approximately the same:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Something else I thought of... if this isn't the suspect's natural gait, what other reason could there be for the walk? Well, it was a rainy night. What if the perp had gotten wet? Particularly if the perp is male, what we could be seeing is what I would call "crotch walk" for lack of a better term. It's the way I (also a male) would walk if my underwear had gotten wet and chafed me in that area. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Perp 1.JPG
    Perp 1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 508
  • Perp 2.JPG
    Perp 2.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 505

I guess I am the oddball again. My DH and I (married pretty equivalent years) but no infidelity and pretty normal and close marriage, lead pretty separate work lives. He has been to my work only a few times in the last several years and could not name many of my colleagues, and definitely not pick out what they look like, or their gait when in costume. It would have to be someone in my close circle for him to have a clue. We don't do social media though, so maybe that is the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill