TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone is still hung up on the "injured right foot" theory... haven't seen it mentioned in awhile. From early on, I felt like the theory was skewed by the fact that when the perp is closest to the camera (in the video we have), it's his or her right side facing us. So we notice the gait of that right foot more than we do the left.

But when we look at the portion of video where the perp walks down the hallway and then back again, it's more straight on. It is obvious to me at least that the perp's gait affects the left and right sides equally. Look at the pics below - the first one is with the perp walking away from the camera, and the second one is the perp walking toward the camera. You can see lots of daylight between the legs, and the left and right feet are both turned outward approximately the same:
attachment.php
attachment.php

Something else I thought of... if this isn't the suspect's natural gait, what other reason could there be for the walk? Well, it was a rainy night. What if the perp had gotten wet? Particularly if the perp is male, what we could be seeing is what I would call "crotch walk" for lack of a better term. It's the way I (also a male) would walk if my underwear had gotten wet. Thoughts?

bbm

Wearing an adult diaper, like that astronaut woman?

...and while I'm on this train of thought (it's actually just a continuation of the same train of thought from when I first started posting on these threads), is it worth considering that the suspect really doesn't like churches?

If we consider the possibility of a 20-30 yr old out-of-shape atheist with bad posture, sluggish demeanor, and a proclivity for stealing and/or purchasing tactical gear... it might not be a bad idea to do a roll call on the membership at the nearest video game store, if you catch muh drifffft...

Meebee check out the local skateboard park. Helmets, knee pads, shoes.

http://www.midlothian.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/2669

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Midlothian-Skate-Park/723845114356391

THPS5_Box_Art.pngvan-9.jpg

I don't know if anyone is still hung up on the "injured right foot" theory... haven't seen it mentioned in awhile. From early on, I felt like the theory was skewed by the fact that when the perp is closest to the camera (in the video we have), it's his or her right side facing us. So we notice the gait of that right foot more than we do the left.

But when we look at the portion of video where the perp walks down the hallway and then back again, it's more straight on. It is obvious to me at least that the perp's gait affects the left and right sides equally. Look at the pics below - the first one is with the perp walking away from the camera, and the second one is the perp walking toward the camera. You can see lots of daylight between the legs, and the left and right feet are both turned outward approximately the same:

Something else I thought of... if this isn't the suspect's natural gait, what other reason could there be for the walk? Well, it was a rainy night. What if the perp had gotten wet? Particularly if the perp is male, what we could be seeing is what I would call "crotch walk" for lack of a better term. It's the way I (also a male) would walk if my underwear had gotten wet. Thoughts?

I agree the gait appears different in different portions of the video and I do see what you are saying. What I think shows best what LE is seeing and feels strongly enough to call out (and maybe can see more of in unreleased video) is shown in seconds 1:06-1:10 of the extended version of the surveillance video. The left foot stays very straight for several repeated steps (which you can see comparing to floor tiles) while the right foot turns out every time it is lifted.

ETA: I just thought there could be different versions of the extended video that put the second counter a bit off. I just updated my times to match the version the Midlothian Police Dept put out on youtube.

In Texas, the grand jury looks at the evidence prior to an indictment.
My father served on a Texas the Grand Jury in the county north of Midlothian and yes they look at the evidence and the case that the DA and LE have pulled together and the grand jury determines whether to issue and indictment or not.

Wearing an adult diaper, like that astronaut woman?

I was thinking more along the lines of the skin being chafed in the crotch area. You would walk with legs as far apart as possible to prevent the inner thigh from rubbing against the crotch. I don't know if that bothers women in that situation as much as it would a man.

I guess I am the oddball again. My DH and I (married pretty equivalent years) but no infidelity and pretty normal and close marriage, lead pretty separate work lives. He has been to my work only a few times in the last several years and could not name many of my colleagues, and definitely not pick out what they look like, or their gait when in costume. It would have to be someone in my close circle for him to have a clue. We don't do social media though, so maybe that is the difference.

I don't think you're and oddball, or if you are I must be one too. :) Our work lives are separate and we have different sets of friends (based on history or interest like sports or hobbies). Not to say we aren't close or don't do most stuff together, and we have our family and core friends we're both friends with.

If she was really working the MLM system she would have come into contact with A LOT of people he'd never know about.

BBM same.

I was thinking about this earlier. Didn't BB say he was the one that that told LE of the affairs? Anyone?

I don't recall that, so I can't answer. The first reference I heard of intimate extramarital communication was in the search warrant.

Something else I thought of... if this isn't the suspect's natural gait, what other reason could there be for the walk? Well, it was a rainy night. What if the perp had gotten wet? Particularly if the perp is male, what we could be seeing is what I would call "crotch walk" for lack of a better term. It's the way I (also a male) would walk if my underwear had gotten wet and chafed me in that area. Thoughts?

I am familiar with the condition you speak of, and it's unpleasant, to say the least.. but this doesn't look that way, to me..

This looks a bit like a pot-belly stride.. arms swinging, steps from side to side (I agree that it's pretty similar on both left and right steps).. It's the walk of someone who'd bump into you moving while through a crowd and subsequently be angry at you for it..

**EDIT: I finally found the term I was looking for to describe this person.. "mouth breather"

I don't think you're and oddball, or if you are I must be one too. :) Our work lives are separate and we have different sets of friends (based on history or interest like sports or hobbies). Not to say we aren't close or don't do most stuff together, and we have our family and core friends we're both friends with.

If she was really working the MLM system she would have come into contact with A LOT of people he'd never know about.

This is true too now that I think about it. Just because you've been married 20 years doesn't mean you know all of your spouse's contacts.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed already, but is there anyone reading these that can speak about the authenticity of the "SWAT" gear the suspect is wearing?

It looks real, to me (real, meaning not purchased at a costume store).. I've been searching for unsolved thefts of police gear in Texas, and have found a few hits, this one being notable:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/08/25/...tolen-from-southlake-police-officers-vehicle/

I realize some realistic (and possibly very real) gear of the type seen in the video can be purchased online, but I don't think there is a myriad of sites out there offering that level of quality.

Just Cheetos for thought.

:silly: Only the Murder Suspect could confirm, that right? :floorlaugh: Sorry, couldn't help myself, we have a grainy spliced video. I will be awaiting to see an answer :blushing:

This is true too now that I think about it. Just because you've been married 20 years doesn't mean you know all of your spouse's contacts.

And thanks to FB if you didn't go to high school together you suddenly have a group of friends the other never even heard of.
"You know, my friend Kelly." "Who?" "Kelly! From high sc.. oh, right."

What exactly is a grand jury and what do they do? How can I get on one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You might want to think twice before wanting to serve on a grand jury especially if it is a federal grand jury. I do not know about county grand juries. I grew up in a rural area about 80-90 miles from Austin, Tx. A man I know was chosen for a federal grand jury & his life was basically put on hold for 6 months or more. It seemed like forever. You don't just serve on one case, reach a decision & then just go home & forget about it. In this case the man had to make repeated trips to Austin to hear the various cases that were to be heard. For him, it was a round trip drive of 180 miles each time he had to go. In his situation they would notify him 1 or 2 days ahead of time to appear & he had just to drop whatever he was doing. There was no way he could make any definite plans for anything. Basically he was made a hostage of the Federal court.

In Texas, the grand jury looks at the evidence prior to an indictment.

Thats what I understood. Years ago had an Uncle who kept getting GJ summons and his work kept getting him out finally the Judge (knew them all) told him wasn't getting out this time. I just know its secret. He never spoke about it even when I begged lol. We dont have in Arkansas. But I read where sometimes the DA can go to the GJ and see if they have enough for an Indictment. JMHO

:silly: Only the Murder Suspect could confirm, that right? :floorlaugh: Sorry, couldn't help myself, we have a grainy spliced video. I will be awaiting to see an answer :blushing:

Not necessarily. Someone in LE or with experience with this type of gear could at the very least speculate on it. The video is grainy, yes, but that helmet clearly isn't made of Papier-mâché.
Just would like to hear what others think about it.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Something else I thought of... if this isn't the suspect's natural gait, what other reason could there be for the walk? Well, it was a rainy night. What if the perp had gotten wet? Particularly if the perp is male, what we could be seeing is what I would call "crotch walk" for lack of a better term. It's the way I (also a male) would walk if my underwear had gotten wet and chafed me in that area. Thoughts?

Hate to put it like this but .. It is Texas, so maybe the Suspect rides horses?

My father served on a Texas the Grand Jury in the county north of Midlothian and yes they look at the evidence and the case that the DA and LE have pulled together and the grand jury determines whether to issue and indictment or not.
I served as foreperson on Grand Jury for a year here in NC and covered crimes including rape and murder.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I am new here and keep going back to an interview mentioning that MB had not been seen at the gym for a while prior to her death. I believe this was stated by the gym owner in an interview saying this was unusual, but I cannot find the interview to reference. I also recall a mention that MB’s demeanor (while she was still going to the gym) had also changed. Can anyone verify this and please correct me if I’m wrong.

I wonder if anyone knows why MB stopped going to the gym. IMO, someone from the gym, or their spouse, may have threatened MB for some reason, which would explain why she was avoiding the gym and perhaps provide a fairly strong motive for the crime, IMO. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Any thoughts on this or something I may have missed?

As for the perp, I don’t feel that he or she necessarily knew MB but was there to do the job for someone else. From watching the surveillance video, I don’t have the sense that he or she was personally motivated, outraged or directly connected to MB.

These are only my perceptions and opinions.

Not necessarily. Someone in LE or with experience with this type of gear could at the very least speculate on it. The video is grainy, yes, but that helmet clearly isn't made of Papier-mâché.
Just would like to hear what others think about it.

I am sorry. I will my slaps :trout: I just had flash backs of the SWAT get up being talked about from leggings to soccer gear. I have not a clue. But on the MPD facebook they have some pictures tagged and Captain Spann the Commander of CID is in them with an official SWAT Police vest . Looks the same to me. JMHO

I would feel a whole lot better about an article where a MIL admitted both her adult child and the victim strayed from the marriage...or didn't bring it up, or respond to a question about it, at all.

I still wonder why no one in MBs family has consented to an interview. I admire them for it though.

Furthermore, it's a rare parent who doesn't think his or her child is innocent.

Yeah MB received forgiveness for her straying but there are two sides to every story and MB is not here to tell her side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyfullyU