TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another eye pic of the left eye - killer is walking away from the pried door and looking up at the camera...due to shadows couldn't see right eye.

left eye walking.png

Something I've been considering- I know the whole 25 minute window of when Camper #1 arrived and when 911 was called has been mention repeatedly, but one theory I HAVENT seen mentioned is that maybe they were locked out of the church and didn't know anything was wrong? Maybe they assumed for a while that she was in the bathroom...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can go along with most of what you said. Still have a problem believing the perp would try to leave by car in the first place, knowing that there would be a witness in the parking lot.

And the camper being the first to arrive and knowing the other car is MB's, to me it's not feasible that at that time of morning, another car could come around the back side of the church and exit without the camper noticing.
It's maybe a little more possible he left on foot out the driveway, but in a SWAT outfit, past an occupied vehicle and to a highway where there could be a passing car? Doesn't seem likely to me.

I think the most likely scenario is still that he was gone by 4:35, by car. If he stayed til after camper 1 arrived as you propose, I think he had to go on foot through the back of the property. To me that would leave a trail in the mud, and he'd have to have a flashlight to see, navigating fences and private property when it's close to 5 am when a lot of people are waking, letting dogs out, etc. Very risky.

Unless it's a burglary gone wrong, I think the prepared perp scenario is one in which he knew he had a window of 4:15 to 4:30 and he needed a car to get away quickly afterward. He would know that he had very little time to spare. So I lean toward perp being gone a couple of minutes before camper 1 got there.

If the Suspect went out anywhere thru mud, they would have tracks. I haven't seen anything from LE stating anything like that or any news clips other than the Dog on the grounds April 20th, so JMHO left by vehicle. Its ok, we can agree to disagree.

Do I remember correctly that gait this perp has could be related to a heart problem?

Heart problem, stroke, Parkinsons, broken foot, drunkenness, pregnancy, amputation, groin strain, ballet feet, big shoes, piracy - take your pick...

Something I've been considering- I know the whole 25 minute window of when Camper #1 arrived and when 911 was called has been mention repeatedly, but one theory I HAVENT seen mentioned is that maybe they were locked out of the church and didn't know anything was wrong? Maybe they assumed for a while that she was in the bathroom...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how did they get in to find her unresponsive to call 911? No broken doors on that side of building.

If the Suspect went out anywhere thru mud, they would have tracks. I haven't seen anything from LE stating anything like that or any news clips other than the Dog on the grounds April 20th, so JMHO left by vehicle. Its ok, we can agree to disagree.

No disagreement here on the "left by vehicle" aspect. It's the only means of exit that makes sense in that location and in that weather.

Another thing with regard to the angle of "camper saw vehicle leave but LE is sitting on the info." I hope I'm paraphrasing it accurately. I just think it would be weird for LE to sit on THAT info and yet a month later show us a car parked at the gun store. I dunno.

I’m musing on the previously discussed theory that this perp was there for one purpose: to steal money from the Sunday collections.

— Planned the burglary on that morning anticipating that the collections would be locked up until deposited on Monday.

— Had several tools with which to break into a safe or lockbox.

— Had a slow and easy pace.

Not of someone anticipating committing a murder.
Not of someone anticipating an encounter with anyone at that time of morning.
— Disguised him/herself because of the video cameras and in case anyone saw him/her entering or leaving the church.

— Was caught off guard – startled by Missy and killed her out of fear (of getting caught).

— Left hastily in an adrenaline rush to his car parked on the north, dark side of the building.

(Although after watching this perp’s gait, I’m having a hard time visualizing him running!)

— Did not anticipate (or care at that moment) that there could be other people arriving.

My current theory is this person did not know Missy and did not expect to encounter her or anyone at the church that morning. Not an opinion, just noodling.

Has this theory been completely shot down?

I will try to screen capture the approximate same picture as yours and work on it. I grabbed another screen capture when the killer is breaking the glass at that last door and the white thing in the right pocket moves all around during the killer's movements but I got one shot that almost looks like a phone ear bud or camera or something.. I can't really tell. And I don't think it's a tire iron, lug nut wrench or pry bar head as someone else speculated because it's white. Those tools are generally black or steel colored.

attachment.php

Good picture. Yikes... Now it looks a bit like a staple gun to me... Puncture wounds, church tools... (Shudder)
imagejpeg

Great question what is the big secret? Did she prop which door she went in?

Yes, this is what I want to know. The SW door looks to be propped open in the video, so if that is the door that Missy entered wouldn't she be thinking why is this door already propped open? And wouldn't the perp have wanted that door closed to keep her from running outside, but then how did the campers get inside to find Missy? Help me understand this???

I’m musing on the previously discussed theory that this perp was there for one purpose: to steal money from the Sunday collections.

— Planned the burglary on that morning anticipating that the collections would be locked up until deposited on Monday.

— Had several tools with which to break into a safe or lockbox.

— Had a slow and easy pace.

Not of someone anticipating committing a murder.
Not of someone anticipating an encounter with anyone at that time of morning.
— Disguised him/herself because of the video cameras and in case anyone saw him/her entering or leaving the church.

— Was caught off guard – startled by Missy and killed her out of fear (of getting caught).

— Left hastily in an adrenaline rush to his car parked on the north, dark side of the building.

(Although after watching this perp’s gait, I’m having a hard time visualizing him running!)

— Did not anticipate (or care at that moment) that there could be other people arriving.

My current theory is this person did not know Missy and did not expect to encounter her or anyone at the church that morning. Not an opinion, just noodling.

Has this theory been completely shot down?

I have a few problems with the robbery theory. Just my opinions, but the way I see it - if you are putting enough effort to stake it out and see there are cameras, buy a good disguise, take tools, why not pick a location with more potential for a bigger payoff? The one thing that can't be argued is someone put some effort in to this, so may as well go the distance and pick a better spot to rob. My other issue is I would think most people who are looking to rob a place still aren't willing to take the leap to murderer. Especially if they know they can't be identified. If you are surprised by someone, just take off. If you are someone who is willing to kill to avoid detection during a robbery, I also think you would be the type to just bring a gun. I don't think anything can be completely ruled out with the information we have, but I am definitely still going with a personal attack with MB as the intended victim.

I guess an obvious question I haven't researched regarding this attempted burglary theory: did LE report any evidence that money was stolen or the appearance of an attempt to find money? (Sorry if this has been discussed!)

No disagreement here on the "left by vehicle" aspect. It's the only means of exit that makes sense in that location and in that weather.

Another thing with regard to the angle of "camper saw vehicle leave but LE is sitting on the info." I hope I'm paraphrasing it accurately. I just think it would be weird for LE to sit on THAT info and yet a month later show us a car parked at the gun store. I dunno.

Why would it be weird for LE to not disclose something to the public? Especially if it something only they and Suspect may know? I am not saying they do know, I said that we are not privy to any of the Campers statements. You asked what I thought and I gave you my thoughts.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Only vehicle I know where was parked is MB, and it was under the covered awning

Not knowing where the other Camper (s) parked, no way of knowing what anyone outside the building could see or if anything appeared amiss. There were lights on but we do not know how many (looks like only minimum but there are lights on) and again, we dont know where any one else parked to form an opinion

Also, we do not know exactly where MB body was located, Only the Interior SW Corner of building. (Again I take that to be NW, SW, NE SE being the corners of building)
or what went on or how exactly her death came to be. * We haven't heard anything from the Autopsy.

JMHO, Yes it very feasible for the Suspect to be killing MB while people were outside (example, your setting in your car in dark possibly listening to your radio, and its storming.. you have no idea what is going on inside your home unless you see something in a window that gets your attention and someone could leave out a back door and be gone ... possibly going out as you enter )

JMHO no it does not preclude the Suspect leaving the church grounds by car. Looking at the parking lot, knowing it was very dark and unless you were looking for another vehicle I see it very probable that the suspect left at anytime, up to FD/EMS arriving, LE was behind them by a minute or 2. All the goings on no one was looking for anyone to be leaving.

Plus, we are not privy to any Camper Statements. They could have seen someone leaving and not realized it until later and it something LE keeping close to vest. I for no reason think the Suspect arrive or left anyway other than a vehicle.

For what its worth, I do not think it was first camper or any of the ones who arrived and went in and found MB. JMHO

Attachment 95810

and this gives you an example how dark from in front of the church at the North Side area .. I know that because of the brick signage ...From the weather report in the Media Thread, sunrise was not until after 6 am iirc, but long time from when the murder happened. Attachment 95811

I guess an obvious question I haven't researched regarding this attempted burglary theory: did LE report any evidence that money was stolen or the appearance of an attempt to find money? (Sorry if this has been discussed!)

LE reported nothing was stolen. I have not read anything or heard anything in the pressers that suggested an attempt to find money. JMO.

Nor did they take her ring.

Yes, excellent point! There was a picture of her ring that BB is or was wearing around his neck. I was a little surprised she was not buried with it, but that's just me and JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cady View Post
Great question what is the big secret? Did she prop which door she went in?

Yes, this is what I want to know. The SW door looks to be propped open in the video, so if that is the door that Missy entered wouldn't she be thinking why is this door already propped open? And wouldn't the perp have wanted that door closed to keep her from running outside, but then how did the campers get inside to find Missy? Help me understand this???

JMHO, I think there is a lot of over thinking going on. JMHO, she unlocked the doors she entered... not to relock them. Campers go up and in around 5am and find her. Call 911. I see no big secret there.

418 she enters.. possibly went back out and got something and back in at 420 **only reason I can figure out where the 420 comes from.. Captain Spann says she was unloading her truck. That's just my opinion for that discrepancy

The Alibi - The perp took such great effort to plan this out and conceal his/her identity, that there is no way they dropped the ball in the alibi. He/she thought long and hard about every aspect of this crime, they would not leave the alibi to 'I was sleeping' 'I live alone' etc. The answer to this may very well be in the alibi. Whose alibi is almost "too perfect."

If LE asks any of us what were we doing at 2 am on Monday most of us probably wouldn't even remember, or we'd say something like asleep, I live alone so no one can coaborate my story, or something equally as lame. My guess is this perp has a nice tidy perfect alibi. Look for that LE. They may have even called or texted someone around same time to make it look like they were otherwise occupied.

someone said that was a WAR HAMMER, I stumbled across a FB page that was called War Hammer work out gear, wonder if that is where the war hammer idea came from, before this case I had never heard of a war hammer

Jumping off of your post, I kept thinking it was in the general shape of a claw hammer, but was wider than most claw hammers, and kind of odd shaped. So, I wondered what other hammer/claw types were out there. I checked out the War Hammer and, imo, it just isn't the right shape. I could be wrong, but l kind of think it looks like a "wrecking bar". Here's a pic of one.
attachment.php

Attachments

• vaughan-30--rocker-head-wrecking-bar_lrg.jpg
    vaughan-30--rocker-head-wrecking-bar_lrg.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 487
JMHO, I think there is a lot of over thinking going on. JMHO, she unlocked the doors she entered... not to relock them. Campers go up and in around 5am and find her. Call 911. I see no big secret there.

418 she enters.. possibly went back out and got something and back in at 420 **only reason I can figure out where the 420 comes from.. Captain Spann says she was unloading her truck. That's just my opinion for that discrepancy
Yes, but as stated, she entered the "main" doors, (which I assume to be those facing the highway) and turned down the hallway in the direction of the perp. So, my understanding was that she never MADE it back to the awning doors, where her truck was parked....so that door was probably still locked when campers arrived. I do not know how they got in, unless the main entrance was unlocked from Missy entering...would love to know these facts, along with where exactly she was found!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108