TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nin, that effect of the previously known as Saran Wrap item is fantastic!! It's certainly not a box since the thumb is pressed up close. I apologize for not quoting the post. I'm back on the (timing of BB being gone is a red flag) train. I have little doubt he was in MS but SP chose this specific time on purpose. IMO SP wanted to stage an interrupted burglary and not pre meditated murder. I'm not convinced either way that BB knew who SP was prior to April 18th but I think he definitely does now. I'm just really frustrated at the missing link. If SIL says to Dateline they thought they knew who SP was right after but "it didn't pan out" and BB now knows- what is the missing evidence? Was there literally no DNA? We read SP tried to "clean up" at the scene (??) so what was s/he cleaning? If their costume was fool proof why clean anything? The camera has a clear shot of the eyes and I know facial recognition software isn't just on TV (hello the FBI is working on this case) and the huge digital footprint from MB phone, the cell tower, Facebook/LinkedIn and possibly a burner phone. Maybe it truly is just taking time to cross Ts and dot Is. No way an arrest isn't near. I say by end of June. JMO

Why would it be weird for LE to not disclose something to the public? Especially if it something only they and Suspect may know? I am not saying they do know, I said that we are not privy to any of the Campers statements. You asked what I thought and I gave you my thoughts.

And I appreciate your thoughts. No need to be defensive. I said it would seem weird to me because I don't see the value of LE keeping that bit of information under wraps.

If a camper had seen a vehicle pull around from the backside, and then minutes later MB was found dead, then that car would have contained the perp without question.

And if that were the case, I think LE would have put a full court press on identifying that car and who it belonged to. They would have enlisted the public's help from the get-go. Not wait a month and then show us a possibly unrelated vehicle half a mile away and a few hours earlier.

This is JMHO but I think LE is at a stopping point until the forensic tests come back. I think the perp got out of the parking lot mere minutes before camper 1 pulled in. I also think he is not someone close to Missy. Which makes for a non-obvious suspect, no description of a vehicle at all, and with that tactical outfit on, they might as well have no video at all from what they've been able to learn from it.

So I think they are hoping and praying that the lab gets them something they can work with. Let's hope that 7 hours of evidence collection was enough.

Yes, excellent point! There was a picture of her ring that BB is or was wearing around his neck. I was a little surprised she was not buried with it, but that's just me and JMO.

Someone who broke in to take valuables might not think about a ring on the hand of the person they just murdered. Maybe blood obscured the presence of the ring. Maybe when she fell into her final body position, her hand was under her body and the perp didn't see the ring. Or maybe her ring was a tight fit and the perp didn't want to try that hard.

If my wife were murdered, I wouldn't want her wedding ring to go in the ground uselessly. I would keep it close to me. If I had a daughter I would give it to her one day. BB has more than one, so not sure what he would do about that.

So how did they get in to find her unresponsive to call 911? No broken doors on that side of building.

"She was actually found by one of the boot camp participants who got there a little bit early and waited outside for a while until others got there," Spann said. "They went in the building where they located her."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/woman-found-dead-inside-midlothian-church/140954492

We've never heard how the camper got inside the church or if the doors were locked or open. The campers assume Missy is inside the church because her truck is outside. They wait outside for her to begin class. Maybe they even text her to see what her delay is. If they were locked out from their usual entry, depending where she in the SW corner, they could have seen her through a window and then ran around the church trying to find an open door. At this time, we can't rule out that they gained entry from the same doors the perp broke into. Or even the broken window. Let's leave it in the undecided file until we hear more.

Got another eye pic of the left eye - killer is walking away from the pried door and looking up at the camera...due to shadows couldn't see right eye.

attachment.php

Wow, I certainly can see that! Here's my feeble attempt at messing with it on my screen.
attachment.php
IMO.. blue eyes..

Attachments

• left eye walking.jpg
    left eye walking.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 677
Nor did they take her ring.

It would be near impossible to pawn or sell a recently murdered woman's wedding ring. LE puts a BOLO to all pawn-jewelry stores and when sold, they trace it right back to the seller.

IMO if perp was a burglar, they were looking a safe to crack.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

The warrant says the subject is seen "walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices."

I’m musing on the previously discussed theory that this perp was there for one purpose: to steal money from the Sunday collections.

— Planned the burglary on that morning anticipating that the collections would be locked up until deposited on Monday.

— Had several tools with which to break into a safe or lockbox.

— Had a slow and easy pace.

Not of someone anticipating committing a murder.
Not of someone anticipating an encounter with anyone at that time of morning.
— Disguised him/herself because of the video cameras and in case anyone saw him/her entering or leaving the church.

— Was caught off guard – startled by Missy and killed her out of fear (of getting caught).

— Left hastily in an adrenaline rush to his car parked on the north, dark side of the building.

(Although after watching this perp’s gait, I’m having a hard time visualizing him running!)

— Did not anticipate (or care at that moment) that there could be other people arriving.

My current theory is this person did not know Missy and did not expect to encounter her or anyone at the church that morning. Not an opinion, just noodling.

Has this theory been completely shot down?

There could be something to it. LE has said that SP was visible on the vid cam at 3 50 am. He could have been in the church much longer. Out of camera range. So, it may be that he didn't go there to wait for MB to arrive. He panicked when she came in. jmo

Good picture. Yikes... Now it looks a bit like a staple gun to me... Puncture wounds, church tools... (Shudder)
imagejpeg
When the assailant opens the door to the right of the bulletin board, I don't know what that room is, but it appears that, by their shadow in the door window, they don't go in far. It's like they leaned in, maybe got something, and turned around and came back out. Do we know what's in that room? I looked at the floor plan but didn't understand what the room actually was. I thought it might be a janitor's room. A janitor's room would possibly have different things like a "staple gun", etc. . . Some staple guns are pretty powerful. We have about every tool known to man and the s.o. said staple gun when I showed this to them.

There could be something to it. LE has said that SP was visible on the vid cam at 3 50 am. He could have been in the church much longer. Out of camera range. So, it may be that he didn't go there to wait for MB to arrive. He panicked when she came in. jmo
I am still open to a random robbery-gone-bad or SK for this. About the only thing I've ruled out at this point is that it was not RB or BB dressed as SP. :thinking:

This hasn't been brought up in awhile, but I suddenly remember someone on WS saying that MB stopped by the local Fire Dept. the day before her murder. Is that correct? Does anyone know of anymore details regarding that? Thanks.

Breck80
user-offline.png

Join DateApr 2016LocationMidlothian, TXPosts101​

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TTF14
Thank you!

This event you were at....is it something that someone under the cloud of suspicion also might have been at?

Great question. IMO, not at this gathering (which was a personal celebration, not an official event). Also, just to be transparent as best possible...no one has given me any official insight or knowledge on this investigation. I'm just basing my theory on my career background...then from conversations & fact-gathering with people close to either family or the investigation.

Quick question...does anyone remember during interviews with BB or LE if a reporter asked them to outline Missy's last day, which would have been Sunday? A digital footprint shows she was in Austin then returned. Locally many say she was at the fire station that day before and is connected to someone there, whether personal friends or professional acquaintances, etc. I was curious if either BB or LE ever outlined what Missy did the day before her death at any point?

My curiosity has nothing to do with me suspecting a firefighter, I'm just suddenly open to understating this part of the story because I have seen on here the poster who kept making firefighter references. It got me thinking it was for this reason.​

This was posted back in thread 7 by Breck80. Several posters have asked about it since, but I have never seen any other information about it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...urch-person-in-SWAT-gear-18-Apr-2016-7/page18

Does anyone know if a test to determine animal blood from human blood is difficult? The reason I ask is because I Believe I read somewhere that LE working on this case have access to State-of-the-art technology, labs, etc. I would think/hope that one of the first things to test and possibly eliminate ( or not) as evidence would be the blood on the shirt.......animal or human?

So how did they get in to find her unresponsive to call 911? No broken doors on that side of building.

Good question! I want to know the answer. Could provide clues on how the perp departed.

jmopinion

I’m musing on the previously discussed theory that this perp was there for one purpose: to steal money from the Sunday collections.

— Planned the burglary on that morning anticipating that the collections would be locked up until deposited on Monday.

— Had several tools with which to break into a safe or lockbox.

— Had a slow and easy pace.

Not of someone anticipating committing a murder.
Not of someone anticipating an encounter with anyone at that time of morning.
— Disguised him/herself because of the video cameras and in case anyone saw him/her entering or leaving the church.

— Was caught off guard – startled by Missy and killed her out of fear (of getting caught).

— Left hastily in an adrenaline rush to his car parked on the north, dark side of the building.

(Although after watching this perp’s gait, I’m having a hard time visualizing him running!)

— Did not anticipate (or care at that moment) that there could be other people arriving.

My current theory is this person did not know Missy and did not expect to encounter her or anyone at the church that morning. Not an opinion, just noodling.

Has this theory been completely shot down?

I'd not shoot it down. Could have been a couple of people who'd planned this out to rob, and vandalize, the church, this one runs into her in there, panics, and kills her.

Wow, I certainly can see that! Here's my feeble attempt at messing with it on my screen.
attachment.php
IMO.. blue eyes..

Whoa!!!!! I recognize someone from this picture. Um, surely LE has been able to as well. I may have been wrong in a post defending someone named in the SW maybe around thread 14-15 ish. TBD.

IMO

Yes, but as stated, she entered the "main" doors, (which I assume to be those facing the highway) and turned down the hallway in the direction of the perp. So, my understanding was that she never MADE it back to the awning doors, where her truck was parked....so that door was probably still locked when campers arrived. I do not know how they got in, unless the main entrance was unlocked from Missy entering...would love to know these facts, along with where exactly she was found!
Respectfully, I think she came through the doors near her truck.
From the iPhone & iPad SW
SW iPhone iPad.jpg

It is hard to imagine murdering someone during a burglary when the person could just run away, but it does happen (Amanda Blackburn). More often than not though, a burglary is staged to cover up a murder/hit (Teresa Sievers). I don't think Missy would have pursued the perp caught in the act of burglary, but she probably would have called the cops. The fact that the murder takes place off camera (as we have been told) leads me to believe the perp is seen hiding as Missy arrives. JMO.

I have a few problems with the robbery theory. Just my opinions, but the way I see it - if you are putting enough effort to stake it out and see there are cameras, buy a good disguise, take tools, why not pick a location with more potential for a bigger payoff? The one thing that can't be argued is someone put some effort in to this, so may as well go the distance and pick a better spot to rob. My other issue is I would think most people who are looking to rob a place still aren't willing to take the leap to murderer. Especially if they know they can't be identified. If you are surprised by someone, just take off. If you are someone who is willing to kill to avoid detection during a robbery, I also think you would be the type to just bring a gun. I don't think anything can be completely ruled out with the information we have, but I am definitely still going with a personal attack with MB as the intended victim.

If it were robbery, I think part of the plan was not just robbery, but to vandalize this particular church, and w/MB being the athlete that she was, she'd very likely, try to, and succeed in, grabbing SP and that's when SP starts hitting her w/the tools.

Respectfully, I think she came through the doors near her truck.
From the iPhone & iPad SW
View attachment 95819

Yep, the main doors under the awning. That's where Missy parked. No reason to think she would walk around to the front of the church. There is not much awning at the front entrance. JMO

It would be near impossible to pawn or sell a recently murdered woman's wedding ring. LE puts a BOLO to all pawn-jewelry stores and when sold, they trace it right back to the seller.

IMO if perp was a burglar, they were looking a safe to crack.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

The warrant says the subject is seen "walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices."

LE said in the April 22 press conference, "We don't understand all the movement" that they see in the video. They've said nothing since to indicate that they've figured it out.

So it's still perplexing how nonchalant and non-athletic and somewhat goofy this perp appears to be. Are they a good enough actor to fake it? I doubt it.

If it was a robbery at all - which I doubt - the money theory makes no sense. Anyone with half a brain knows that a church isn't going to keep cash offerings on site. They would do like any other business and drop it in the overnight drop at their bank.

So if a robbery at all, it would be non-monetary in my book. "Hey, I'm bored and I need to finance my bad habits. I'll break into this church I know of that's real secluded. They claim to have cameras so I'll dress up. If I don't find any money, I'm sure I can find something to sell. Maybe some sound equipment, keyboard, guitar, whatever. I'll tear some $&@! up while I'm at it, because I hate churches. I can take my time - It'll be a Monday morning, there won't be anyone in the church office for HOURS..."

Could have happened like that. Dang, now I've vacillated again...

And I appreciate your thoughts. No need to be defensive. I said it would seem weird to me because I don't see the value of LE keeping that bit of information under wraps.

If a camper had seen a vehicle pull around from the backside, and then minutes later MB was found dead, then that car would have contained the perp without question.

And if that were the case, I think LE would have put a full court press on identifying that car and who it belonged to. They would have enlisted the public's help from the get-go. Not wait a month and then show us a possibly unrelated vehicle half a mile away and a few hours earlier.

This is JMHO but I think LE is at a stopping point until the forensic tests come back. I think the perp got out of the parking lot mere minutes before camper 1 pulled in. I also think he is not someone close to Missy. Which makes for a non-obvious suspect, no description of a vehicle at all, and with that tactical outfit on, they might as well have no video at all from what they've been able to learn from it.

So I think they are hoping and praying that the lab gets them something they can work with. Let's hope that 7 hours of evidence collection was enough.

Sorry, wasn't being defensive. Just made a statement. But I can see pulling straight out the North parking lot and out to the Hwy 287 and either turning right and continuing on. Or crossover and turn left on Hwy 287 same thing. (not pulling around from backside) Depending where the Campers were parked, very possible didn't even see as the way the church is at an angle on the property. JMHO

Again, I do not know. Just my opinion. Suspect left by vehicle, had 30 min to do so. I can agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BUKANAS