TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where does "verified" fit in?

In the Media thread (I think page 5?) is a VERBATIM transcription of the May 20 presser. I read it about an hour ago and may have missed it but I don't recall the word "verified" being used. I believe that "verified" may be a reporters' iteration of what was said. JMO

Originally Posted by Cannonball3804 View Post
Labs don't prioritize. They have a bunch of testing to do, and they're handled first come, first served. A month to 6 weeks is standard for DNA tests to come back.

There is a simple, quick test to determine if it is animal or human blood so DNA testing may not even be necessary. In order to test blood to see if it is of human origin, a sample of the blood is collected, and is mixed with anti-human serum. If the blood coagulates, the test is considered positive for human blood. However, I am uncertain how much blood is needed to perform such a test.
Respectfully BBM, in this case, per the SW, on pg 4/9 "The employee stated to investigators that the shirt looked as if it had been attempted to be cleaned prior to being dropped off."

I can't find the link but I think it was in one of Dallas Crime Blog articles. It stated "Police believe Bevers had been in contact with her killer."
Are they referring to the creepy LinkedIn message or to the day of the murder?
In one of the threads someone mentioned the possibility of a Bluetooth connection. If they don't have SP's phone how would they think there was contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally 4 shirts. 3 mens 1 womens xxl. RB reportedly said that 2 of the shirts had blood, but the only shirt that LE seized was the womens white xxl shirt with blood on it. Presumably that shirt belonged to VB who held the dying dog on the way to the vet. RB said he didn't understand why only one of two bloodstained shirts were taken. On page 1 of this thread is a link to the search warrant for the dry cleaners. JMO

Thanks, I didn't word that properly, I thought there were two w/blood, but just don't understand the logic behind taking only one. I thought I missed a theory or reason behind it somewhere along the way.

In the Media thread (I think page 5?) is a VERBATIM transcription of the May 20 presser. I read it about an hour ago and may have missed it but I don't recall the word "verified" being used. I believe that "verified" may be a reporters' iteration of what was said. JMO

That is a possibility, for sure
The quote was .... They had all provided detailed and verified alibis for the time of the murder, Johnson said.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20...lice-continue-investigation-into-bevers-death

Right, but MT was not on the SW. The way I read the probable cause for the ATT warrant was that all listed had had communication w Missy (to, from or with) and were in reference to either marital difficulties or financial difficulties. I believe that MT said that Missy had texted her to thank her for accompanying BB to his medical procedure.......so, nothing about marriage or financial issues, thus MT not listed. But WH is listed, yet we know nothing per MSM about that person. KC and MC are listed but other than a local here (honeybee) saying that she is friends with the couple AND the Bevers family, nothing in MSM about them, either.Still, Missy's phone is associated with theirs, so there must have been references about marital or financial issues. JMO
ETA.....I'm thinking that as friends of Missy and BB, WH and KC and MC may have been confidantes and amateur counselors to Missy (and/or BB) about marriage or financial stuff.
Respectfully, I haven't seen anything in MSM about AT or CT. Only things, I know of them (AT & CT) is same places I know of the others listed. And why I mentioned MT and her texting, I say that because some think this is just the last people that MB conversed with. I do not believe that, because of reading the SW. My belief is they are all on there for the very same reasons. Going back to March 1 thru April 24 was for a particular reason. JMHO from sleuthing and such

Thanks, I didn't word that properly, I thought there were two w/blood, but just don't understand the logic behind taking only one. I thought I missed a theory or reason behind it somewhere along the way.

The affiant requested "shirts" that had blood on them. The warrant was approved for only one shirt. JMO No idea why both were not approved for seizure. Maybe the judge was tired........JMO

They knew within 20 minutes of getting the shirt if it was human blood or dog blood.

I'm sure LE would love it if that were the case. There is a simple test to determine animal from human blood, though LE would not be making that determination. DNA evidence is bagged and tagged for the lab immediately on discovery. As the shirt had already been in the laundry premises, cross-contamination would be a big concern. Reaching here, but the laundry worker who handled the shirts(s) could've had a cut finger. It's not outwith the realms of possibility that VB or RB could also have been cut considering there was a large dog involved. The DNA testing would take the form of determining any and all blood types found on the shirt, other bodily fluids, fibres, hairs, etc.

Regarding the statement that the driver is not a suspect... LE has to state that to cover their own butts against liability. Since the Atlanta Olympic bombing some years back, when LE publicly fingered the wrong guy and he sued, they are very careful. Hence the "So and so is not a suspect" statements. It doesn't mean that they DON'T suspect the driver of the Altima, IMHO.

As for tips coming in from all over...sure, tips come in from all over the country. I called one in myself, and I live nowhere near Midlothian. I found an interesting FB post from back in March that belonged to one of the SW names. Probably was nothing, but I made LE aware of it. I probably was not the first or the last to call in that tip. But after I left a message, an officer did call me back a couple of days later and took my information.

Bbm Not in this case, they didn't release any information that could identify the driver. It's interesting why Det Johnson chose to say that, though. Most are aware if LE are seeking out info from the general public, the wording's generally for the process of elimination, help with enquiries, etc. It's almost amateurish in it's wording, though unusually strongly stated. I'm guessing they now know the arrival time of the perp, and their interest in the driver is exactly as stated. That interest being only to find out if the driver could have seen the perp's vehicle around the area at that particular time in the morning. That makes sense as to why they don't consider the driver a suspect, or 'real' POI.

Of course, the driver could be a transient who's completely unaware of the murder and no idea they're being sought. If it is indeed a local, that's a whole different story and there would have to be a reason why they haven't come forward.

Respectfully, I haven't seen anything in MSM about AT or CT. Only things, I know of them (AT & CT) is same places I know of the others listed. And why I mentioned MT and her texting, I say that because some think this is just the last people that MB conversed with. I do not believe that, because of reading the SW. My belief is they are all on there for the very same reasons. Going back to March 1 thru April 24 was for a particular reason. JMHO from sleuthing and such

Agree. Those listed are there because of the subjects of their communication to from or with Missy. So, must be marital or financial issues, based on the text of the warrant. JMO

Agree. Those listed are there because of the subjects of their communication to from or with Missy. So, must be marital or financial issues, based on the text of the warrant. JMO

I thought it was timing, the time of communications between those people
I never thought of subjects

HLN is running ads for Nancy Grace Mysteries this Friday night, June 3rd at 8 pm ET. They're calling it 'Missy Bevers Murder: Hunt for a Killer'.

I wouldn't expect anything new from the show; just letting everyone know in case anyone is interested.
Thanks...even thoughI still watch sometimes.....IMO Nancy never has any breaking news....and IMO often (offen in her dialect) gets it wrong.

Could they have one of those hidden/ cargo type pockets with a tool in it sticking out the top? It's the right leg, which could maybe account for the strange walk. I'm not sold on that, but it's an option.

It's the angled end of the pry bar sticking up out of the pouch/pocket. He holstered it there after prying the door next to the bulletin board.

OT, a show on ID last night showed a 24-hour turn around on comparing hair from a crime scene to a suspect by FBI when asked to rush it. And it was in the 90's. And in the Chelsea King case in CA some years back, DNA on an item found during the search for Chelsea was examined and identified as a known sex offender over a weekend. Imo, "rush" jobs can be accomplished when necessary. The bloody shirt must not be considered to be vital, jmo.

I completely agree with that. Baring in mind Tx has a huge number of crimes, prioritizing is/can be (most likely) done when urgency calls for it. Such as in the case you mention, when a serial killer like Gardner is being sought. I agree though, the DNA testing on the shirt is no priority. That Missy was targeted eliminates the possibility of a serial killer, etc. jmo

I completely agree with that. Baring in mind Tx has a huge number of crimes, prioritizing is/can be (most likely) done when urgency calls for it. Such as in the case you mention, when a serial killer like Gardner is being sought. I agree though, the DNA testing on the shirt is no priority. That Missy was targeted eliminates the possibility of a serial killer, etc. jmo

Disagree. BTK targeted his victims. Many serial killers do.

ETA: Not saying that I believe this killer to be a serial killer.

In another case I followed recently, blood was found . It was reported soon after that it was animal blood.No further details were given as to what kind of animal, but human was ruled out early on
In a case like Missy's, i think LE know it is animal blood already, JMO
Of course, they will await further testing

Thanks...even thoughI still watch sometimes.....IMO Nancy never has any breaking news....and IMO often (offen in her dialect) gets it wrong.

I believe her folks take alot from other news sources...need to do their own leg work and get the facts correct, IMO. I cannot watch her anymore....thanks for the info.

Respectfully, I haven't seen anything in MSM about AT or CT. Only things, I know of them (AT & CT) is same places I know of the others listed.

Only one MSM source that I know of has talked about them - Nancy Grace - though she only used initials, like we do. She's talked about him being on the Austin trip with Missy, about his post about their trash being taken, etc. Here's one transcript: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/09/ng.01.html

In another case I followed recently, blood was found . It was reported soon after that it was animal blood.No further details were given as to what kind of animal, but human was ruled out early on
In a case like Missy's, i think LE know it is animal blood already, JMO
Of course, they will await further testing

Just jumping off an animal blood post. :)

I would think that in a case like this, they can't test one spot with a result 20 minutes later determining that it is blood from an animal. I am guessing they need to make sure there aren't areas of human blood that were then covered with/ mixed with animal blood. I don't think they want to throw it out after a quick test. I think (or I hope) that everything they do in this case will be thorough.

Disagree. BTK targeted his victims. Many serial killers do.

ETA: Not saying that I believe this killer to be a serial killer.

I hear you. BTK may have targeted his victims, but they were 'random' targets, as is the MO with many serial killers. Missy was a 'specific' target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste