TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
something that has been interesting to me from the beginning and maybe some can shed light to this. The last few seconds of the vid from the door opening to the "CUT" has no real value in the realm of John QP helping to identify the gate. As well there is an obvious zoom, now I am not sure if a CCTV camera does that, and if not it was purposeful on LE part. My gut tells me that only LE and Perp know what happened next however I think this very well may be a "we gotcha" moment for LE. Knowing perp would be watching, and if perp stayed in that vicinity for any period of time, they may have a very clear shot of who they are looking at.

bbm

I could be wrong, but I think that I detect a small motion of the perp heading to the right side at the end of that clip. It could be that he/she then entered the room where he/she broke the window? Then he/she would be off camera from that point (until the next appearance)?

Average burglary takes less than 7 minutes. Re: Amanda Blackburn (RIP) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nt-murdered-Indianapolis-10-Nov-2015-4/page35

Just a time reference for average home burglary. Our perp spent much more time than 7 minutes in the church. JMO.

Yes, but HOME burglary, as you said. A home burglar is taking quite a risk, not knowing when the resident will return, or someone comes knocking on the door, etc

A business burglary is different. And in the MB case, it's very secluded with no neighbors. Plus the burglar, if he is a young male like I think he is, has no reason to know about CG camps and no reason to think anyone will be there for at least another few hours on a Monday morning.

I think perp is young and uses drugs. Burglary is a way to fund the habit. He breaks in, finds a kitchen where he looks for something to eat, then decides to look for something to steal and commit some vandalism while he's at it. When he encounters MB, he is almost as shocked as she is. IMHO

Yes, but HOME burglary, as you said. A home burglar is taking quite a risk, not knowing when the resident will return, or someone comes knocking on the door, etc

A business burglary is different. And in the MB case, it's very secluded with no neighbors. Plus the burglar, if he is a young male like I think he is, has no reason to know about CG camps and no reason to think anyone will be there for at least another few hours on a Monday morning.

I think perp is young and uses drugs. Burglary is a way to fund the habit. He breaks in, finds a kitchen where he looks for something to eat, then decides to look for something to steal and commit some vandalism while he's at it. When he encounters MB, he is almost as shocked as she is. IMHO

I agree. I also agree about the time in the kitchen. jmo I think he may have been gob smacked when he realized MB was comng into the church. jmo

I agree the perp is young and here is a description of a "typical" burglars profile:

what’s a typical burglar’s profile

There isn’€™t a specific cookie cutter profile when it comes to burglars but there is a common profile. A burglar tends to be a male in his mid-to-late teens. One thing that you wouldn’€™t think is that the burglar often targets homes within a few miles of their own home.

(also states average time is 8 to 12 minutes).

http://www.asecurelife.com/burglary-statistics/

just wonder if a home burglary is a bit different than a B & E on an isolated church very early in the morning.

Here is a quote from a different article and the times of day between a resident burglary and a commercial building:

Of residential burglaries where a time was known, 65% were during the day. According to the data, burglars seem to target homes during the day and offices and commercial buildings at night.

http://www.ackermansecurity.com/resources/blog/surprising-burglary-statistics-Atlanta

I agree. I also agree about the time in the kitchen. jmo I think he may have been gob smacked when he realized MB was comng into the church. jmo

There are many many business robberies in the DFW area and not once have I ever heard of anyone dressing like a cop especially as you have stated in a secluded area. In addition addicts do not have the presence of mind to cover their tracks. Most of the time addicts do smash and grabs and in businesses they know have valuables like cell phone stores, electronic stores, pawn shops, etc.. I've even seen on the news they hook a chain to an ATM and drag it off. (Not very bright). Not a church, churches don't tend to have a lot of valuables or money on hand that one could use to get a quick fix, this isn't a televangelist church with thousands of members, which there are quite a few in DFW. This is a small town country church. None of this describes this perp this was well thought out. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone posted a pic of Creekside CoC inside the sanctuary. Maybe it was from the church's FB page. They have several large screen TVs. Not that I think this is the motive in this case. Just saying the church's interior shocked me a bit and seemed to agree with BB's statement that there was a lot of stuff to steal in a church.

JMO.

ETA: I see 3 large screen TVs and musical instruments and microphones.

A married lover if that relationship fell apart and they were worried MB would out them to their wife destroying the happy little family.

90% of women are murdered by their spouse or lover.

agreed

It isn't a zoom. The MPD frame with their insignia is removed allowing the video to fill the entire frame. The field of view remains the same.

Um, it is definitely zoomed. No question. Watch again. Imo

<modsnip>If you are referring the the 2nd close-up left eye, I did that myself. I copied MrsPC's eye shot to see if I could see ANYTHING at all. I wasn't seeing even an eyeball. I was on a Mac, put it in my Photos, hit edit and tried sepia, chrome and other settings.. and I saw the pupil. I moved the brightness and I saw the whole blue eyeball. My first thought was OMG, that's "XX". I haven't said who, I just know that others thought it was a different person than I did. So there you have it. I don't know where the original closeup is.. way too far back. I'm not good enough at maneuvering around this forum yet and don't want to lose my place. I can guarantee you, I would NEVER do what you are insinuating.. ever. I don't even know these people. Why would anyone want the wrong person arrested? I feel MrsPC's pic's are reliable as well.

Don't worry, I have it down to 2 different people (both females) who oddly enough share the same eye shape. The shot is far away in bad lighting so mix that in with the way the helmet and gear smash the face, it could change the dynamic of the way the face appears and really could look like more than 1 person. IMO

Someone who broke in to take valuables might not think about a ring on the hand of the person they just murdered. Maybe blood obscured the presence of the ring. Maybe when she fell into her final body position, her hand was under her body and the perp didn't see the ring. Or maybe her ring was a tight fit and the perp didn't want to try that hard.

If my wife were murdered, I wouldn't want her wedding ring to go in the ground uselessly. I would keep it close to me. If I had a daughter I would give it to her one day. BB has more than one, so not sure what he would do about that.
Yes, my Dad kept my Mom's wedding ring when she died unexpectantly, and he also wore it on a chain around his neck.

If I know who you mean by XX, and I do not agree nor do I disgree, XX always seems to have different eye colors in photos leading me to wonder if XX wears contacts in different colors. just wondering

Thanks. You're right, they could wear colored contacts.. My eye color can look different depending on what I'm wearing. Real blue eyes generally stay blue all the time in our family anyhow. Somedays they are brighter than other days. I've changed my mind weekly on who the killer is, so I'm no help there.. For me, seeing the eye photo narrowed it down. JMO

There are many many business robberies in the DFW area and not once have I ever heard of anyone dressing like a cop especially as you have stated in a secluded area. In addition addicts do not have the presence of mind to cover their tracks. Most of the time addicts do smash and grabs and in businesses they know have valuables like cell phone stores, electronic stores, pawn shops, etc.. I've even seen on the news they hook a chain to an ATM and drag it off. (Not very bright). Not a church, churches don't tend to have a lot of valuables or money on hand that one could use to get a quick fix, this isn't a televangelist church with thousands of members, which there are quite a few in DFW. This is a small town country church. None of this describes this perp this was well thought out. IMO

A young male is not necessarily deep into addiction. His mind is a lot more acute than an older, long term user. He needs the money but isn't so desperate that he has to make a big score - just a small one.

There's also a couple of other possibilities. One, he ISNT a drug user but still wants/needs something that he figures the church might have (sound equip, keyboard, guitar). Or wants to sell for cash to get something else he wants. Not all burglars are drug users.

Two, maybe it was strictly for vandalism. Maybe he is hostile toward religion. Maybe he's hostile toward his parents who go there. This scenario would explain the seemingly random movement he made throughout the church. LE said they really didn't understand it. Makes sense if he really had no plan.

Agreed. I don't think an addict looking for quick money would leave a ring. Jewelry isn't that hard to get rid of. And if this is an addict, you would expect them to be high going in. They aren't on anything amping them up, that's for sure. Maybe some pot, nothing causing them to snap and bludgeon someone to death. I won't ever rule out anything out completely with the given information, but a random robbery gone wrong is at the bottom of my list in terms of motive.

Good points. Burglary is a dumb crime jmo I think, if this was a burglary, that he believed there might be money there from Sunday's collection. that, and the fact it is very isolated, made it seem easy to him. I believe he is young. Way back, someone posted the amount of $$$ this church takes in, and it was not a small amount.

What argues against a burglary for me is that there are warnings posted outside about camera surveillance. Perhaps he a) cannot read,or b) cannot read English well...jmo

I'm in DFW area also and a month or so ago, someone dressed as Captain America was robbing Ulta Beauty stores around here. Guess robbers and such are saving those old Halliween costumes to reuse. Wow

It is not mentioned as "28 minutes" but 30 minutes of video is addressed in the 4/22/2016 presser which Galadriel transcribed and which is probably now in the media thread. We know we only have about 2 minutes of video released (30-2=28)? From the 4/22/2016 presser:

(Page 1) Asst. Chief Kevin Johnson speaking: "...first time surveillance
captured the suspect on video was about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. Ms.
Bevers arrived at about 4:16 A.M. in the parking lot and entered the church
immediately. ..."
(Page 3) Female Reporter: "Because it looks like the person was in there about a
half an hour. Do you know what they were doing during that time?"

Assistant Chief Kevin Johnson: "We do, and the videos that we've
released and the additional video reflect most of the behavior that we know
about that took place inside the church.
" ...

:ditto:

JMHO, there are a couple 30 min time frames at play in this approx 1 hr and 10 min approximate. Using only what we have:

3:50 Suspect first seen on video 5:00 first calls to 911

350 -416 ... Suspect first seen on video and time MB driving into parking lot

418 -500 ... MB seen first entering building and 911 calls made

We have no idea what is on the remaining amount of unreleased video or from what time frame it consists of. This 30 or so that MPD stated could be total time from various time stamps through out building where camera picked up motion. They know WHERE Suspect was at point in video when MB was "walking toward Suspect Location " because the same Affiant wrote it in multiple SW Affidavit Probable Cause. That is stated in BUT we do not know the time stamp of that, also the Probable Cause Affidavit is a summary,

"The recitation of facts contained in this Affidavit is not meant to be a complete narrative of all information that is known to Your Affiant, but only a summary of facts, to necessitate the establishment of sufficient probable cause, in support of this affidavit, for the issuance of this Evidentiary Search Warrant. "

We are assuming that it was moments after this 418 walk.. ***but where does the 420 come in stated in the Official Press Release Timeline?

Also they were piecing together their time line still, this date April 18. We are not told last time stamp suspect was seen on video. So no way for us to know when last seen. JMHO because of that could be any time up until the CG Campers found her. I have seen nothing to tell me a specific time.

By April 22 Press Conf only added time was the driving into the parking lot and the 420 am ** but in SW filed after this date the 418 is the first seen walking into building by MB as Captain Spann noted in April 18 Press Conf. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

Asst Chief Johnson: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581680#post12581680
ere's what we know right now.The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location. Missy arrived a few minutes later ––excuse me, [the] first time surveillance captured the suspect on video was about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. Ms. Bevers arrived at about 4:16 A.M. in the parking lot and entered the church immediately. A few minutes later, she was inside the church, not realizing the intruder was already inside, and shortly thereafter she was murdered inside of the church. We're not going to discuss the details of how Ms. Bevers was murdered.Our communications center received some calls to 911 at about 5:00 A.M. reporting the incident to Midlothian Police Department

I think perp is young and uses drugs. Burglary is a way to fund the habit
. He breaks in, finds a kitchen where he looks for something to eat, then decides to look for something to steal and commit some vandalism while he's at it. When he encounters MB, he is almost as shocked as she is. IMHO
bbm

A drug-using perp looking for things to steal would be stealing things. He'd be stacking things by the exit, going fully into every room checking desk drawers, backpacks, raincoats left behind for money etc. He'd be looking out the windows all the time, making sure the cops aren't driving by. Addicts are very paranoid.

SP is waiting. Walking, surveying the area, and waiting.

JMO

Good points. Burglary is a dumb crime jmo I think, if this was a burglary, that he believed there might be money there from Sunday's collection. that, and the fact it is very isolated, made it seem easy to him. I believe he is young. Way back, someone posted the amount of $$$ this church takes in, and it was not a small amount.

What argues against a burglary for me is that there are warnings posted outside about camera surveillance. Perhaps he a) cannot read,or b) cannot read English well...jmo

I mentioned this way back at the beginning of the case, but I'll bring it up again in case it's of interest.

My church has been robbed on occasion - and the perps just walked right in during daytime hours. The items taken were stereo equipment, jewelry, bike, wallets/purses. The perp just walked right in the building and then walked right out with the items. I doubt it took more than a minute or two.

Another time someone was entering the building during open hours, hiding, and staying overnight. I don't think he took anything, though, and nothing was vandalized, other than being used by someone who wasn't supposed to be there.

We do not have much cash on hand in the office. Most people give offerings via check or online these days. Not much actual cash is collected in the basket on Sundays, at least not at our place.

FWIW.

:ditto:

JMHO, there are a couple 30 min time frames at play in this approx 1 hr and 10 min approximate. Using only what we have:

3:50 Suspect first seen on video 5:00 first calls to 911

350 -416 ... Suspect first seen on video and time MB driving into parking lot

418 -500 ... MB seen first entering building and 911 calls made

We have no idea what is on the remaining amount of unreleased video or from what time frame it consists of. This 30 or so that MPD stated could be total time from various time stamps through out building where camera picked up motion. They know WHERE Suspect was at point in video when MB was "walking toward Suspect Location " because the same Affiant wrote it in multiple SW Affidavit Probable Cause. That is stated in BUT we do not know the time stamp of that, also the Probable Cause Affidavit is a summary,

"The recitation of facts contained in this Affidavit is not meant to be a complete narrative of all information that is known to Your Affiant, but only a summary of facts, to necessitate the establishment of sufficient probable cause, in support of this affidavit, for the issuance of this Evidentiary Search Warrant. "

We are assuming that it was moments after this 418 walk.. ***but where does the 420 come in stated in the Official Press Release Timeline?

Also they were piecing together their time line still, this date April 18. We are not told last time stamp suspect was seen on video. So no way for us to know when last seen. JMHO because of that could be any time up until the CG Campers found her. I have seen nothing to tell me a specific time.

By April 22 Press Conf only added time was the driving into the parking lot and the 420 am ** but in SW filed after this date the 418 is the first seen walking into building by MB as Captain Spann noted in April 18 Press Conf. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838

Asst Chief Johnson: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12581680#post12581680
ere's what we know right now.The suspect arrived at the church first and forced entry into the location. Missy arrived a few minutes later &#8211;&#8211;excuse me, [the] first time surveillance captured the suspect on video was about ten minutes before 4:00 A.M. Ms. Bevers arrived at about 4:16 A.M. in the parking lot and entered the church immediately. A few minutes later, she was inside the church, not realizing the intruder was already inside, and shortly thereafter she was murdered inside of the church. We're not going to discuss the details of how Ms. Bevers was murdered.Our communications center received some calls to 911 at about 5:00 A.M. reporting the incident to Midlothian Police Department

It sounds like LE is saying that the perp had similar behavior on the unreleased video to what the public has seen on the couple of minutes shown.. But,LE also says it is mostly similar. So, a few differences in behavior are on the unreleased video. jmo

My interest in the unreleased video is because of the work people have done here with respect to various aspects of the perp's appearance. I think more could be gleaned if more footage was shown. And as long as it is only the perp himself who is shown, I don't get how it could harm LE's investigation. Unless there are other things on the unreleased video that LE is choosing not to reveal at all. all jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro