TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic Batbrat! You are very talented!! Here is my question, does the perp have an injury to the LEFT foot or leg? It appears from your recreation there is more weight put on the right foot to compensate for pain in the left. I hope that makes sense.
To me, SP moves the left moves normally, and he swings the right leg forward with his torso muscles. Seeing the animation, I keep thinking serious accident with perhaps lower spinal cord injury. Maybe a motorcycle accident with extensive damage to the right hip, or whole right leg leaving it stiff and less flexible.

I had already gone over to a male SP, was more convinced seeing the video again yesterday and actually I was watching for some things about broad shoulders and narrow hips that BratBat had previously pointed out, plus certain frames where SP looks really flat-chested above the tool belt/vest, and now this great animation.

LE had described what so many noticed (including me) that there was a feminine sway from the back - but looking at the animation, that tucked under/tilted forward pelvis is compensation for whatever damage SP suffered and probably what also creates the sway.

Yes, but a poster here in a previous thread (also in the medical field - just had taken a required refresher course that week which prompted her post) has stated that gunshot wounds are technically referred to (also) as "puncture wounds."

I think that Puncture Wounds is a broad billing code. But thanks. No need to take this down the "relationship trail" with so much controversy!!!! We're good, as far as I'm concerned:great:

I am just trying to keep it the FEW FACTS we know Factual and it does matter. As stated by reporter May 4, MPD in a statement by this reporter "...they would not be commenting further on the affidavits especially not about the cause of Missy's death or mechanism of injury - information only the killer would know" [video=youtube;eWsSgzgJFpQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWsSgzgJFpQ[/video]

I have posted prior in this and last thread about Mechanism of Injury that MPD does not want to speak about. Cause of Death is different than Mechanism of Injury.

mechanism of injury Abbreviation: MOI
The manner in which a physical injury occurred (e.g., fall from a height, ground-level fall, high- or low-speed motor vehicle accident, ejection from a vehicle, vehicle rollover). The MOI is used to estimate the forces involved in trauma and, thus, the potential severity for wounding, fractures, and internal organ damage that a patient may suffer as a result of the injury. http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/mechanism+of+injury

I also saw comments from yesterday about Blood Spatter. I found this interesting especially in this case:

Snip:

Blood can tell you more than whose veins it used to flow through. The pattern of a
stain can determine where a person was when the blood was shed and whether the
victim was alive or dead at the time.

A blood spatter will often be formed of a blob with a fine tail at one side. This
pattern indicates that the blood was travelling fast when it hit the object and the tail
will point in the direction it came from. Experts can work out from which direction
the blood struck the object. If the stain is circular, blood struck the object straight
on; if the stain is egg-shaped, blood came from an angle, and the greater the angle
the more stretched out the egg-shape will be. If the blood has travelled at great
speed, the blood droplet will be surrounded by numerous smaller flecks. A
smudged blood stain tells you someone rubbed against it. Trails of blood can show
how an incident developed, and how people moved from place to place. Quite
often, both the assailant and victim will lose blood at the crime scene so it’s
important to determine whose blood makes up each separate mark. A large pool of
blood shows the victim was alive in that spot for some time following the wound.
Dead bodies stop bleeding quickly because the heart stops after death. If spatter
marks are clear, you can learn about the type of weapon used. The pattern of blood
spatter can also reveal if the assailant was right or left handed. A narrow track of
blood suggest that something fine, such as a sharp knife was used where a broad
band of blood spatter could suggest a large weapon like a bat or stick. A great
amount of spatter can also suggest the emotion behind the attack. A great deal of
spatter can suggest and angry assailant which can suggest some level of intimacy
with the victim. Finally a spot with no blood can also be revealing in an area with a
great deal of spatter. It may suggest the assailant picked something up such as a
bag or box and removed it from the crime scene.

http://cisgrade9.weebly.com/uploads/1/9/5/7/19574969/blood_spatter.pdf

One poster who is a local on rare occasions makes statements only in regard to their sadness for BB and family. That person has stated that they know both BB's family and KC/MC family. To my recollection, they have not speculated as to what motivated someone to bludgeon Missy to death. JMO It would be really helpful if they could give us their thoughts on that.

Yes, please. Seems like there are a couple of local people posting from time to time. Someone might also have insight into the campers' experiences that morning.

One poster who is a local on rare occasions makes statements only in regard to their sadness for BB and family. That person has stated that they know both BB's family and KC/MC family. To my recollection, they have not speculated as to what motivated someone to bludgeon Missy to death. JMO It would be really helpful if they could give us their thoughts on that.

And get verified.

I'm beginning to think BB might have a lawyer... I would, if only to prevent my cell phone data from being released, and if I was a swinger, and not a murderer. Just My Opinion!

Not sure how/if Mr B lawyering up would prevent release of cell phone data. Didn't LE get SW for Mr B's cell pronto-quick-ASAP-stat? Then laws re SW & returns would apply. Why/how would ct seal to prevent release of that data? I may be confused.

FWIW, IIRC, on day of her death LE got SW for Ms B's cell & other e-goodies belonging to her - laptop, etc.

I too now believe SP is a male, maybe he used to be a motorcycle cop but was injured and discharged from police force.

Not sure how/if Mr B lawyering up would prevent release of cell phone data. Didn't LE get SW for Mr B's cell pronto-quick-ASAP-stat? Then laws re SW & returns would apply. Why/how would ct seal to prevent release of that data? I may be confused.
FWIW, IIRC, on day of her death LE got SW for Ms B's cell & other e-goodies belonging to her - laptop, etc.

I think these posts were in regard to the history of multiple media appearances/interviews, and perhaps an attorney has advised him to stop!

Did not know that, as I said I haven't been following the case. Can you tell me who dropped a shirt off at the dry cleaners and on what day?
MB (victim Missy Bevers,) Father in Law, RB dropped 4 garments off... dog fight incident happen on April 21, Garments dropped off at Dry Cleaners Friday morning April 22. Dry Cleaners called MPD or tipline approx 150 pm April 22 and the SW for Dry Cleaners was signed that night April 22 at 840pm. Information is in the Dry Cleaner Search Warrant. Link to it can be found on the first page of this thread and in the Media "No Discussion" page, also linked at first page of each thread. That page is like a link to various articles and documents. Not all, but everyone tries to keep it current as information comes out.

Welcome to this Case/Thread! :welcome4: Not a lot of facts known so don't be discouraged by the number of threads ;) We had an Awesome member to transcribe the 3 or 4 (cant remb off hand) Press conferences by MPD (Midlothian Police Dept) Those and the SW are the most helpful. JMHO

Just for clarity - gunshot wounds are called gunshot wounds in the medical field.

Just to add to this- GSW (gun shot wound) is the term I have seen in patients medical histories. I worked with a patient who had a GSW to the spine and needed some extensive rehab. At no time, was it considered a puncture wound. Huge difference. IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that BatBrat's animation is really great! It takes away all that bundling and distracting gear to highlight what exactly is going on with the duck feet and gait. LE/FBI probably did this same kind of work, and that is how they arrived at injury to right lower extremity. Very interesting!

Did the LE/FBI say injury to the right foot? I don't recall seeing that. Do you have a link for that statement?
FWIW, I see issues with the LEFT side of the perps body (from torso/hip down to the feet--left side only).

Did the LE/FBI say injury to the right foot? I don't recall seeing that. Do you have a link for that statement?
FWIW, I see issues with the LEFT side of the perps body (from torso/hip down to the feet--left side only).

Yes, I also see this SP compensating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find a link to this, but it's been mentioned that on the day of her return from Austin, she visited the FD. She had a fire hose in the back of her truck (probably for fitness exercises) so she probably knew someone there. Anyway, with all the talk of breeching tools SP had.....it sparked some thoughts. However, there doesn't appear to be any phone #s of that ilk on the SW, unless communication was way under the radar.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Respectfully BBM.
JMHO :rumor: While it could be true, we do not know that and nor did the OP. It is the only place I have seen that (as in not in Documents or MSM)

Link to OP who posted RE visit to the FD on Sunday April 17. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...AT-gear-18-Apr-2016-7&p=12515571#post12515571

....It's often said that if there's not an arrest in the 'First 48' the chances of not solving a murder increase exponentially....‎

bbm sbm
IIRC, the concept is usu expressed this way:
"...if they don't have a lead, a suspect or an arrest within 48 hours, their chances of solving the case are cut in half." Or greatly diminished.

No arrest within 48 hrs or 2 months does not alarm me. Possible that LE has lead or suspect but has chosen not to publicly release suspect or lead name/info. JM2cts.

Sorry for using UK tv source for this concept, but did not quickly find US LE source. "In medicine, they call it the 'critical hour.' In criminal investigations, they call it 'the first 48 hours'. Ask any detective-they will tell you that if they don't have a lead, a suspect or an arrest within 48 hours, their chances of solving the case are cut in half." The First 48 | Crime and Investigation www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/shows/the-first-48/

I've come to the conclusion that MPD has run out of ideas. I really have.

June 3, 2016 6:35 pm
"Detectives say they are stymied in their investigation into the murder of a fitness instructor in Midlothian"

Sadly, I have to agree with you, gliving. I can't think of another case where LE said something to that effect when they actually had a suspect in their sights all along. It doesn't seem like a ruse to lull a suspect into a false sense of security, especially at this stage in the investigation, but I hope I'm wrong.
IMO

I do too but maybe left is compensating for right? JMO

Very possible. My suspicion is though that it is a tactical gear helmet. All of the gear looks pretty "official" to me. Not that it came from LE, but is all stuff they ordered from a site. I think they were really liking the feeling of power of being in full gear. Most of the helmets on sites that sell this type of stuff also have many side mount helmet cams and flashlights. The still shot someone posted several pages back of what looks to be a camera on the perps left side of the helmet could also be something similar to this:

http://www.chiefsupply.com/foxfury-sideslide-bolt-side-mounted-helmet-light.html
If you look at the "CCV-Update" at 1:53 - 1:55 it looks to be a forward mounted light. I've always thought it looked forward facing but wasn't 100% (and I'm still not). I think the side piece may be a small camera.

I kept wondering how people are seeing a "heavy" person in the surveillance footage, and thought maybe it was a combination between top-down camera angle and the bulky gear. Here's what happens when a camera is at a top-down angle:
attachment.php

I created a brief animation using my "body scan" technique. I removed pockets, belts, shoes, padding, fabric, and helmet from the subject, limiting the amount stripped from each layer to the general body frame. Wherever an area of clothing folded against or confined an area of the body, that was the size I determined the body part to be and kept it consistent frame to frame. Using a technique similar to facial reconstruction (but subtractive instead of additive), I used key frames to eliminate the costume. I did not add or subtract any weight. Only the obvious bulk from clothing was subtracted. This is what I ended up with. I thought you guys might find it interesting:

attachment.php

Amazing work Batbrat! My opinion only: I don't see a teenager, I don't see a particularly fit person with that posture or gait. I see SP's forward head bobbing with each step possibly favoring a sore leg, hip, knee or foot. The (long) right arm seems to swing out to help favor that soreness or a belly. The stride itself seems more like a man's walk, with the R knee dip. My opinion only - without reading anyone else's comments beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState