TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we focus our discussion on this for a while. Just throwing this out there. In a lot of other cases friends are speaking more publicly. Media goes after interviews of someone's "college roommate in 1979", who hasn't seen the victim in years. Why is it in this case the friends are strangely quiet? Those folks she trained are quiet. I wonder if the campers who showed up the morning of the murder saw more than they realized at the time. I wonder if some information has come from interviewing those campers. Maybe friends and campers are advised to stay quiet, and they're compliant. What do others think?

I agree the friends and campers have been very, very quiet. I am sure they (the campers) have been told by LE NOT to discuss what they saw with anyone as that is how things get distorted, even innocently, as you may think you saw or heard one thing, then discussing with someone else that was there who thinks they heard something else so then you 2nd guess yourself, like, oh, yeah..maybe I heard ..(for example, a door slam, but someone else thought it was the sound of something heavy falling to the floor)
In our security training, we are told to not discuss with others in case of a robbery, break in, etc as it can affect what you heard/think you heard or saw.
I do however think something is "off" regarding the 1st camper. I know it has been rehashed on here how they might not have been able to see SP but I just think it's odd with the timing and the first phone call to family member instead of 911.
I am confidant LE has looked into this and it might not be anything but It is something that keeps coming back to me as I run through the timeline. JMO

Respectfully BBM~~At that point in time in the investigation. Investigations are complex, things change as new information is obtained. For instance, LE was comfortable stating they believed it to be a man~~they backtracked and added it could be a woman. At the time of the SW, they could have really believed the head injury was the COD, but now believe it is something else.

I think we would have something from them indicating a change if there had been one. When they adjusted the perp height, they didn't hold that back. So many people want to think LE is holding back a treasure trove of info. I think they may have a few things, not a lot.

A poster here said that her mother works with one of the campers who discovered Missy. Her mom has told the poster what she knows, but poster, is honoring the privacy of her mom and the camper, however, she does seem to know some details and the appearance of Missy when found. She could only know that if camper told her mom. JMO

I won't argue the balaclava but, there are not any visible straps on the helmet for a strap on headlamp. I think it's either a helmet with a headlamp built-in or there's a slot on front to attach one, or, they've just physically attached one themselves.

Could possibly be helmet straps and lamp here, but not sure:

Midlothian PD video marker 0.29ff

attachment.php
attachment.php

-Nin

Attachments

• S1 H.jpg
    S1 H.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 505
  • S2 H.jpg
    S2 H.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 512
Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
IMO, the attack wan't caught on tape because it happened in the vestibule just outside of her truck.
I too believe she had to run around to the front entrance (probably with nothing in tow as it was raining) because that was the only place she had access to She then proceeded to the indoor vestibule just outside of her truck where she could unlock that door from the inside and haul in her stuff. It was during this time she was attacked. Off camera and while busy getting her stuff out of her truck.
It is also Jmo that the killer escaped through that vestibule door (which is why SP is not seen again.) I don't believe he/she exited the same way they entered.
The perp ran out the door where MB was parked, (all out of camera view) and turned left, and headed to the back of the building where the perp's car was and escaped well before Camper #1 arrived.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously? View Post
I agree with a minor deviation. I think the attack took place as she was trying to open the door - back turned to the killer. I'm not so convinced of the outside theory, because I believe the killer wanted Ms. Bevers cornered - no escape and unable to break free and run across that field.

Yes. As she was unlocking (from the inside) the vestibule door to her truck. I think the 3 of us are essentially on the same page re this, anyway.

But how does this theory explain why those glass doors have no breakage ? If I am understanding you to say she was attacked by the doors somewhere in the area of the Covered Awning/MB Truck? Neither set of those doors were busted. Honest question.

missy bevers TODAY 4 20 CHURCH SS 4.JPG

Or maybe it was because there were two perps. The fact that the height changed so dramatically AFTER the APD (5'2 to 5'7) went back to the crime scene and did a reenactment. This is purely my own opinion and something that I believe to have seen with the first video on the first day they released it. JMO and lots of speculation.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes! I still think there are two people that were there and caught on video. That's why the police have such a big range of height. It also lets the perps know that LE is on to their trail!

Fantastic Batbrat! You are very talented!! Here is my question, does the perp have an injury to the LEFT foot or leg? It appears from your recreation there is more weight put on the right foot to compensate for pain in the left. I hope that makes sense.

I agree, but I didn't see it that way prior to seeing Barbrat's animation.

But how does this theory explain why those glass doors have no breakage ? If I am understanding you to say she was attacked by the doors somewhere in the area of the Covered Awning/MB Truck? Neither set of those doors were busted. Honest question.

View attachment 96043
I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea. Who knows what was in the vestibule? Another glass table, maybe.
Just stating a logical theory based on the information we have.

Or maybe it was because there were two perps. The fact that the height changed so dramatically AFTER the APD (5'2 to 5'7) went back to the crime scene and did a reenactment. This is purely my own opinion and something that I believe to have seen with the first video on the first day they released it. JMO and lots of speculation.

Sent from my iPhone

Can you cite the sections of the video where you see a height disparity?

Can you cite the sections of the video where you see a height disparity?

Are all interior cameras at same height? Height and angle of camera makes a difference in apparent stature when seen on video. JMO

I guess everyone is different. If I walked into the church and saw doors opened and damage and a guy dressed like LE, I would begin to walk toward the person to find out what was going on. Although I would have to say if I didn't see a LE vehicle in the lot I would be suspicious, but none the less would be at ease knowing LE was there. I guess I'm too trusting and IIRC, BB said MB was too.

Prior to following this case I don't think I would have been suspicious of someone dressed like that and I would have been very trusting. This is the first case I've followed on WB and since I starting following it I've been much more aware of my surroundings. In all honesty, now that I know about this if I was in a similar type of environment and someone was dressed like that I'm pretty sure I would run faster than I've ever ran before.

Are all interior cameras at same height? Height and angle of camera makes a difference in apparent stature when seen on video. JMO

Well, on this video montage https://youtu.be/ePS8TJ6UAqY, the section from :15 to 1:39 is continuous action -- merely from different cameras and spliced together. That has to be the same person during all of it. I just don't see anything in the other brief clips that suggest a different height or a different person...

I still can't decide if this person is a man (a teenager or just a short guy) or a woman. I feel certain Missy was targeted and her death was killer's goal for entering. I tried to come up with a motive and came across author John Lescroat's list of murder motives:
1. To keep a secret
2. Revenge
3. Frustration/hate
4. Money/Greed
5. Sex/Jealousy
6. Property Dispute
7. Personal Vendetta
8. Political
9. Class Conflict
10. Narcotics
11. Other Felonies
12. Urge to Protect

I can't see 4, 6 or 8 in this case. I believe #10 is very unlikely, but I don't rule it out because it could always be tied to #1. The manager of Anytime Fitness said she had not been her usual self and wasn't showing up as much during the 2-3 weeks prior to her murder. (I wonder if when she was coming to the gym, was it at times she didn't normally work out. To avoid someone who had a regular routine?) I don't know if I entirely believe the infidelity stories. She may have had an entirely different outlook on life since she became more physically fit and may just have been more friendly or maybe even flirting but without intent to go beyond the flirting. If that is the case I wonder if someone took that the wrong way - either it was directed at the killer or it was directed at someone close to the killer.

Respectfully I was schooled on this the other day, the tools werent necessarily left, it says " the wounds are cosistant with the tools we see in the video" not exact quote.
If it was me, I am not meaning to school anyone. Just help.

iPhone & iPad SW page 6/8
"Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building"

I know I've said this before, but I keep coming back to the ATF dogs. Those are dogs specifically trained to scent for ATF specific things. Quote "... and they are getting help from both the Texas Rangers and the ATF, who brought dogs to the church Wednesday to sniff for gun-powder and other explosive residue." They don't just bring ATF dogs into every murder scene do they? I found that odd.

ATF was present, but that's a local K-9 and officer from the Red Oak police department. The Dallas Morning News correctly reported this on April 21st or 22nd, but other news outlets didn't give due diligence and assumed it was an ATF dog. It keeps getting reported incorrectly here, so I wanted to update you.

ATF was present, but that's a local K-9 and officer from the Red Oak police department. The Dallas Morning News correctly reported this on April 21st or 22nd, but other news outlets didn't give due diligence and assumed it was an ATF dog. It keeps getting reported incorrectly here, so I wanted to update you.

Thanks! While you are here, what sort of motivation would a person have to bludgeon Missy to death? Does the family have any idea? TYIA JMO

Yes, please. Seems like there are a couple of local people posting from time to time. Someone might also have insight into the campers' experiences that morning.

Campers who found her are absolutely, horrifically, traumatized. I don't know why MPD hasn't released the 911 tapes, and campers are not saying what they saw. They don't exist on any public search warrant. Out of loyalty to my friendship with them, that's all I'll say on that.

I think it is a weird gait exacerbated by the uncomfortable, ill-fitting get-up.JMO

A poster here said that her mother works with one of the campers who discovered Missy. Her mom has told the poster what she knows, but poster, is honoring the privacy of her mom and the camper, however, she does seem to know some details and the appearance of Missy when found. She could only know that if camper told her mom. JMO

That's true. The LE knows more... way more.

Gunshot wounds are classified as firearm injuries.

Forensic classification of wounds and injuries:

http://www.forensicpathologyonline.com/E-Book/injuries

Yes, thanks, I do understand how they'd be described forensically, medically, etc. I must have not been as clear as I should have been in my post - sorry! I was referring to how LE might conceivably (IMO, JMO) phrase it on a search warrant if they were trying to be discreet about her specific cause of death (for investigative integrity purposes).

Campers who found her are absolutely, horrifically, traumatized. I don't know why MPD hasn't released the 911 tapes, and campers are not saying what they saw. They don't exist on any public search warrant. Out of loyalty to my friendship with them, that's all I'll say on that.

I totally respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member