TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
something that has always intrigued me right from day 2 of this case, is that in the interview BB gave with fox4 news on the day after Missy's murder, he said at the 14:55 mark "to the best of my knowledge when my wife arrived there was no other vehicle in the parking lot". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48&feature=youtu.be

respectfully, how could he possibly know that? the police said right from the start there was no footage of outside, bar a shot where they had a car off in the distance with any details barely distinguishable.

i haven't seen anyone give any plausible explanation for how BB could have known that or even guessed at that.

It's a news report with a short (1:15 seconds) surveillance video from a gun store robbery in Arlington on April 7th, just north of Midlothian.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/more-than-50-weapons-stolen-in-arlington-gun-store-burglary/124886520

I'd like to get someone's impression of one of the suspects at the :27 mark.

Very useful post thanks Moonchild!

I took a screenshot of the perp in the Youtube video who reminds me of the MB killer. The outfit - so similar just different colour.

Strange timeline we have here:

April 7 - 50 guns stolen from Arlington store.
April 15 - Local deputy arrested for illegal firearm sales.
April 18 - MB is murdered.
About a week after MB's murder - 2nd deputy arrested for illegal firearm sales.
ATF involved in the MB murder investigation but she was killed with a hammer.
<mod snip>

attachment.php

Attachments

• robber.jpg
    robber.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 547
Thank you for this information. It does bring up a few questions, all your opinion from your experience. TIA.

* Why does SP stroll along breaking glass in doors, but not entering the rooms to steal anything?
* What is a person looking for - the office where money would be or the equipment room where the projectors, cameras, etc. are?
* Is a rainy night a good time to commit a burglary such as this?
* Person appears to be in no hurry. I thought burglars got in and out quickly.

If an attempted burglary, the perp is breaking glass because he's a punk sociopath of the destructive sort, probably doesn't like churches either. And he gets a kick out of breaking things. I think he's looking for where the money was kept but was interrupted before he found it due to his taking his own sweet time. He's not in a hurry because there are no alarms going off and no one's around and he didn't expect anyone to show up. As I said, If.

But had this been a random burglary, SP would not have known a camper was about to arrive and therefore, SP could have stayed around to get what
they were looking for. Afterall, it was 4:30 am and raining like crazy.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Devils advocate here... Missy had arrived to conduct a workout class, SP deducted / realized there could be someone else arriving at any minute. They also hadn't planned to kill someone, so were freaked out about that.

Very useful post thanks Moonchild!

I took a screenshot of the perp in the Youtube video who reminds me of the MB killer. The outfit - so similar just different colour.

Strange timeline we have here:

April 7 - 50 guns stolen from Arlington store.
April 15 - Local deputy arrested for illegal firearm sales.
April 18 - MB is murdered.
About a week after MB's murder - 2nd deputy arrested for illegal firearm sales.
ATF involved in the MB murder investigation but she was killed with a hammer.
<modsnip>

Respectfully BBM and Snipped for space...
We do not know COD or MOD... MPD has not released that, or how/with what she was killed with, from Autopsy Report which may still be awaiting tests. JMHO people are assuming because of what was on 2 SW Probable Cause Affidavits, one April 18 and one April 19. MPD consistently state are not discussing how MB was killed, and on May 4 a statement to MSM would not be speaking about Mechanism of Injury as that something only Murder Suspect would know. jmho

Unfortunately your opinion that a burglar would just run away, is not backed up by statistics.

National Crime Victimization Survey
From your own statistics, most burglars do not attack their victims.
Nearly 75% of household burglaries take place when the householder is absent. Of burglaries to occupied premises only 25% end in violent crime...so 7% of total of all burglaries.
Of course this is a church and not a house so the statistics may not have much bearing.
IF - and that is a loaded if - if this WAS a burglary gone pear-shaped, then I think the perp had a reasonable expectation to have the place to himself/herself at 4am on a Monday morning. SP's unhurried, casual nature to me doesn't suggest someone expecting conflict, whether by intent or accident. So, I think it's possible that it is a burglary gone wrong, and that's mainly because the alternative is a professional and/or psychopathic killer who can stroll about unaffected by the crime he/she is intending to commit, and well, that's still a pretty unpalatable option :(

something that has always intrigued me right from day 2 of this case, is that in the interview BB gave with fox4 news on the day after Missy's murder, he said at the 14:55 mark "to the best of my knowledge when my wife arrived there was no other vehicle in the parking lot". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48&feature=youtu.be

respectfully, how could he possibly know that? the police said right from the start there was no footage of outside, bar a shot where they had a car off in the distance with any details barely distinguishable.

i haven't seen anyone give any plausible explanation for how BB could have known that or even guessed at that.

Good catch. Maybe the police had already checked out what surveillance video they had, and told him that? It does seem a little odd.

Good catch. Maybe the police had already checked out what surveillance video they had, and told him that? It does seem a little odd.

Perhaps the 1st camper to arrive didn't notice another car and has mention that to Mr. Bevers. Of course, wouldn't negate a car leaving before 1st camper but could be their conclusion. (I'm not convinced there was no outside video, either)

Perhaps the 1st camper to arrive didn't notice another car and has mention that to Mr. Bevers.

Perhaps. But for the 1st camper to arrive at 4:35am and not notice another car, is very very different to the claim that Missy did not see another car when she arrived at 4:18am.

Perhaps. But the 1st camper to arrive at 4:35am and not noticing another car is very different to the claim that Missy did not see another car when she arrived at 4:18am.
I completely agree.......just mentioning a possibility since I think the first camper(s) called Mr. Bevers.

Perhaps the 1st camper to arrive didn't notice another car and has mention that to Mr. Bevers. Of course, wouldn't negate a car leaving before 1st camper but could be their conclusion. (I'm not convinced there was no outside video, either)

That makes sense to me. He can't say definitely yes or no without proof and how could anyone prove there wasn't a car?

Video might prove there was but maybe the whole parking area isn't in view.

My feeling is he was repeating what LE told him.. and told us

i suspect your final sentence is probably what my point is. i suspect there is much more video than they are telling the general public about, and BB's comment here was a leak

Respectfully BBM and Snipped for space...
We do not know COD or MOD... MPD has not released that, or how/with what she was killed with, from Autopsy Report which may still be awaiting tests.

Quoting Fox New and The Daily Mail as sources

Quote:
Terry ‘Missy’ Bevers was found dead with puncture wounds to her head and chest at the Creekside Church of Christ in Midlothian, Texas, in April as she set up an exercise class. A suspect carrying tools consistent with the injuries she suffered was spotted on CCTV walking through the church, but no arrests have been made in the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-got-killed-dumped-church.html#ixzz4AzxsPpcU

Quote:
[FONT=&amp]"... They've reviewed this video, time and again, showing someone in SWAT gear wandering through a Midlothian church moments before police say Bevers was killed with a hammer.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"And to kill with a hammer? I mean, this was like someone really really hated her or something."
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]http://www.fox4news.com/news/143983737-story

Fox quotes residents of the town who one assumes would have the facts straight. May 22.
[/FONT]

Moonchild's link about illegal firearm burglary close to Midlothian on April 7th and reference to the similarity of the perp dressed so similarly to the MB murderer is fascinating. And those local deputies arrested before and after the murder. Coicincidence or did Missy find out who was behind this criminal activity and they silenced her?

attachment.php

Attachments

• robber.jpg
    robber.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 309
My feeling is he was repeating what LE told him.. and told us

i do not remember the police telling us that Missy did not see anyone in the carpark when she arrived. do you have a link suggesting otherwise?

Number one we don't know for a fact that anyone took garbage in this case. That came from a Facebook post also known as rumor. Number two, even if someone took garbage we don't know if it was the police and number three just because LE is investigating someone that doesn't mean that they are guilty of anything. JMO.

In all fairness, that "rumor" was started by the person whose trash was allegedly stolen. It's not hearsay. The poster may have been outright lying, but it's not a rumor in the traditional sense.

Unfortunately your opinion that a burglar would just run away, is not backed up by statistics.

National Crime Victimization Survey

I would love to see these same stats for a burglary in a public place. If you compare those stats to those of an in-home burglary, I am guessing that the stats would tell two different stories.

i do not remember the police telling us that Missy did not see anyone in the carpark when she arrived. do you have a link suggesting otherwise?

They told him exactly what he said. JMO

Given the news that has come out since then, this statement from BB doesn't make a lot of sense:
"I'm privy to some things that nobody is aware of, and I'm impressed with them," he tells PEOPLE. "I really can't talk about anything in terms of the investigation because it's ongoing. But I have quite a bit of faith in what they're doing."
http://www.people.com/article/texas-fitness-instructor-died-husband-speaks
Since that time we had the press conference that didn't really announce any good news plus other members of the Bevers family have themselves said they were 'frustrated':
"We are very frustrated at this point that there are no answers after seven weeks," said Missy Bevers' sister-in-law Kristi Stout in a text message Tuesday.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fa...Answers-in-Missy-Bevers-Murder-382162981.html
So what was BB so happy about with the investigation? Was he glad there is 'no answers'? Previously BB certainly seemed to be happy with what LE told him with him supposedly privy to insider information, so why is KS saying this now? Does BB know something KS doesn't know even though she appears to be speaking for the family rather than just herself or did BB in advance know about the 'no answers' that KS is now expressing frustration over?

No, I don't have a link
I am going by memory
Unless LE has something on video, they would not know what Missy saw .
We heard about a car parked in a corner of the lot, a pic from the camera
And then later, about a car at the gun shop ( maybe same car, we don't know)
AFAIK, there is no other pic or video of a car not accounted for.
And I did say it was my feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member