TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us please remember.

Of course there are plenty of cases that went cold with no arrests as of now.

But let's remember the cases that have recently produced an arrest from certain cases that we recently thought were still cold.

1) Jessica Chambers via a local whom family has been local residents for years.

2)Dan Markel via his ex brother in law (possibly)

3) Teresa Sievers via her hubby and people he hired.

4) Rebekah Bletsch and Possibly Jessica Herringer due to a local connection via Jeffrey willis.

5) Tricia Todd via her ex.

Plus there are other cases.

So please do not worry.

Missy Bevers case will be solved. But it takes time. Jmo.

If a spouse realized their firearm was missing, and decided to file a report, listing that serial number, LE would immediately know.

If the owner of the firearm didn't know it was missing, but happened to notice, and they had written down the serial number, they could file a report as well.

The perp most likely would NOT have used a gun registered to themselves! JMO, but with the detail covered in this case, can't see that being the perp's downfall, using their own registered weapon.

I honestly would have no idea if one of my husband's guns were missing, and unless I told him, he wouldn't know if mine were missing. Some are registered, some aren't. All purchased legally though. I don't know even know how many he owns!

Yes the gun could be linked to the officers that were selling evidence as well.

Interesting! I personally don't think I need to hear the 911 calls, yet I do believe in having an open government! Too many things can go wrong with it. Transparent as scotch tape is what needs to be for the public and keep officials from doing things illegally, or hiding corruption. JMO!

just home from work & I know off topic probably...but something keeps bugging me about the Nissan Altima & specifically the upper shape of the plate holder. Here's the police pic of the vehicle:

Nissan-Altima-Missy-Bevers.jpg

But in looking at the rear of 2010 thru 2012 Nissan Altimas - none have the same shape of the license plate holder of the car police are looking for. The one in the police pic is curved at the top like a woman's upper body or like half a heart...etc. Could it be a custom license plate frame or is it just due to the lights?

Hi, I'm new here and very interested in Missy's sad fate and of course also interested that the perp gets what he deserves: :behindbar

I still don't know how to work on my paint program but nevertheless I have played around and want to show you a pic of Deputy S. with "baclava" and "tactical helmet" plus "headlamp". Don't enlarge the pic otherwise you will see what a layman I am. ;)

attachment.php
attachment.php

The first officer was arrested on April 15th. Was he still in custody on the 18th?

As a local, I feel compelled to share that I have huge reservations about sharing things publically that LE feels does not need to be shared with the public right now. Our "curiosity" and our "need to know now" mentality could jeopardize this case. I am by no means a crime scene expert, but I can only imagine that there are things that perhaps only a killer or accomplice could know and LE has a very good reason for keeping some things out of the general public's hand at this time.

I have been very proud of our local community's restraint as I know many read here. I feel certain there are some interesting insights and knowledge we could share but do not out of respect not only for her family, but of the investigation. Kudos to the reporter and agency that did not feel a need to report publically the response to the records request. This isn't about who can share a scoop first ... If it was, locals would be on here all day long.

Sorry to sound snarky...it isn't my usual temperament. The people in our town want justice for Missy and her girls. We have faith that our local LE with assistance from the best of the best have this. We know an arrest may not be imminent, but one will come. We are not fearful of this going unsolved, nor are we fearful of a killer on the loose.

Brilliant post & thanks for sharing all your information. It was quite helpful.

just home from work & I know off topic probably...but something keeps bugging me about the Nissan Altima & specifically the upper shape of the plate holder. Here's the police pic of the vehicle:

attachment.php

But in looking at the rear of 2010 thru 2012 Nissan Altimas - none have the same shape of the license plate holder of the car police are looking for. The one in the police pic is curved at the top like a woman's upper body or like half a heart...etc. Could it be a custom license plate frame or is it just due to the lights?

There are 2 light bulbs, one on each side beaming down on the plate - I read that earlier here. Hope that helps.

My only thought on that (f we go with the 'she was targeted' theory) is they were either family, a close friend or a CG member that knew she usually arrived at a specific time, before the rest of the class to set up. Still a bit of a risk that someone doesn't do something out of the norm, but probably as close as you are going to get with guaranteeing someone will be alone at an early morning hour.

.....short of doing it outside her house in the dark & in the rain....without cameras or fancy outfit needed. So why not at the house while she was getting in her vehicle? Hmmmm....

I still do not understand why the family is not under some police protection (again, locals chime in please), considering MB could have been targeted. What if MB told BB something? Why wouldn't he and the girls NOT be in danger? LE has to know something to come to the conclusion that the B family is safe.

JMO

and I will add... they could be under protection - but I haven't seen or heard of anything related to this issue.

:thinking:

Good post, Pibble.
As my old boss stated, "Sometimes common sense should apply".

I have to admit, I didn't think a gun was involved, and I thought the connection to the LE-stolen-gun scandal was a stretch.

I've changed my mind.

My table is completely overflowing with theories "still on the table" and some are starting to slip off and pile up on the floor.

jmopinion

I'm not ready to jump on the stolen gun bandwagon connection to Missys murder. It could peripherally be connected but Missy was bludgeoned to death, I believe for now. The new fact that a gun serial number is "associated" with this case, could be really important as to evidence, or LE covering all possibilities because of the recent evidence room pawning scandal. It does complicate this case, and is fodder for speculation, but I haven't really changed my mind about the absolute HATE it took to motivate the killer. If the killer had a gun, and they just were set on killing her, they wouldn't have disfigured her with multiple "puncture wounds"...................this was very personal. JMO

I'm not ready to jump on the stolen gun bandwagon connection to Missys murder. It could peripherally be connected but Missy was bludgeoned to death, I believe for now. The new fact that a gun serial number is "associated" with this case, could be really important as to evidence, or LE covering all possibilities because of the recent evidence room pawning scandal. It does complicate this case, and is fodder for speculation, but I haven't really changed my mind about the absolute HATE it took to motivate the killer. If the killer had a gun, and they just were set on killing her, they wouldn't have disfigured her with multiple "puncture wounds"...................this was very personal. JMO

I am still inclined to believe the gun isn't directly related as well. I just don't see how it fits in with the facts we do know, that she was, at a minimum, beaten with tools on her face and chest. It definitely isn't a stretch to think someone from Midlothian who attends the Cowboy Church would carry a gun, either in their vehicle or on their person so right now my best guess is it was hers, likely still in her truck.

I usually agree with you, Cady ....& I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you BUT suppose this was a high paid pro hitman & he wanted to show the orchestrator that they got their **money's worth**--sounds horrid, I know.
We can never underestimate the black heart of a psychopath...

I am still inclined to believe the gun isn't directly related as well. I just don't see how it fits in with the facts we do know, that she was, at a minimum, beaten with tools on her face and chest. It definitely isn't a stretch to think someone from Midlothian who attends the Cowboy Church would carry a gun, either in their vehicle or on their person.

Right. If she had a gun and it was found in her car, it is still "associated" with the case. And it makes sense to NOT publish the serial number. JMO

Right. If she had a gun and it was found in her car, it is still "associated" with the case. And it makes sense to NOT publish the serial number. JMO

Bumping off your post- much like they did not publish the license plate and VIN number of the Nissan. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually agree with you, Cady ....& I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you BUT suppose this was a high paid pro hitman & he wanted to show the orchestrator that they got their **money's worth**--sounds horrid, I know.
We can never underestimate the black heart of a psychopath...

No one knows but I still see a woman in the video. I suppose it could be someone doing it on behalf of someone else, but I doubt "high paid" and whoever did it hated Missy as much as who requested her murder. JUST IMO

Good Afternoon!

Please read Tricia's message above. Some rules have changed for Missy's thread. Please make sure you thank her post.

Please Remember BB's employment is off limits.

No Minor Children.

Please don't sleuth inmates or refer to the inmates link unless there has been an arrest in this case.

FB and Twitter accounts that are unauthorized aren't allowed and are against TOS.

If you have any questions please pm a mod and we'll be glad to help. Please don't post your question in the thread, as it may get missed.

Remember to Scroll and roll or use your ignore feature if need be.

Please thank this post.

:tyou:

Bumping -- Boldfaced text by me.

I don't think the gun belongs to MB or the perp...I think it probably belongs to an officer who responded to the church who probably drew his weapon while searching the church. According to statute -- 552.108(b)(1) it's an "internal record or notation of a law enforcement agency"...but heck I could be wrong. :)

Sec. 552.108. EXCEPTION: CERTAIN LAW ENFORCEMENT, CORRECTIONS, AND PROSECUTORIAL INFORMATION. (a) Information held by a law enforcement agency or prosecutor that deals with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime is excepted from the requirements of Section 552.021 if:
(1) release of the information would interfere with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime;
(2) it is information that deals with the detection, investigation, or prosecution of crime only in relation to an investigation that did not result in conviction or deferred adjudication;
(3) it is information relating to a threat against a peace officer or detention officer collected or disseminated under Section 411.048; or
(4) it is information that:
(A) is prepared by an attorney representing the state in anticipation of or in the course of preparing for criminal litigation; or
(B) reflects the mental impressions or legal reasoning of an attorney representing the state.
(b) An internal record or notation of a law enforcement agency or prosecutor that is maintained for internal use in matters relating to law enforcement or prosecution is excepted from the requirements of Section 552.021 if:
(1) release of the internal record or notation would interfere with law enforcement or prosecution;

The wording of the paragraph about the firearm is pretty strange to me. I think it can be interpreted different ways, and I'm interested in what everyone thinks it means. But I'll say this overall - I think the MPD could have easily released more information with response to the open records request without jeopardizing anything. For example, in their arguments to withhold the 911 calls, they mention contact information and potential witnesses being harrassed, etc. The easy solution as we know is to bleep out the audio portions of the call that are objectionable to LE. Instead, they just don't release it at all. That isn't open and transparent government, IMHO. I want the case solved and don't want the public to hinder the investigation in any way. I just think they need to be held accountable by the public to make sure they're doing all that they can do.

Would it be/have been possible to release the documents, with the gun's serial #/witness names, etc. redacted? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003