TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its very important. Did they have knowledge and access, or was
It random? If someone can post that this is a new door handle I will buy it, eat it swallow it. This is not, at tnis point proven its a new handle. And if it were.........why did the church not replace the door? The worst things you can REMEMBER righr on your face.? I don't think so.

Sent from my LGAS323 using Tapatalk

I suspect the church saw no reason to spend hundreds of dollars to replace a door that has only cosmetic damage.

I believe SteveS's photo came from an updated news article (at least that's where I've seen it - repairs were made to the church at this point). That's a new handle on the same old door. Panic hardware isn't cheap (about $1,000 or more per set was the tag on those I viewed tonight), so it stands to reason only the door handle would be new. Door itself is still an operable fire door.
Okay thats fine, but why wouldn't a church just change out the door hardware? Where a murder happened, the murder entered through that door? That left scars for everone who exited and entered to relieve that every day?

Okay thats fine, but why wouldn't a church just change out the door hardware? Where a murder happened, the murder entered through that door? That left scars for everone who exited and entered to relieve that every day?

Respectfully, I don't think a door is going to remind them of the murder. I think being in the church itself is enough of a reminder, I would imagine.

Respectfully, I don't think a door is going to remind them of the murder. I think being in the church itself is enough of a reminder, I would imagine.
I think a damaged door will let them live it every day as they enter their sanctuary that provides peace.
I suspect the church saw no reason to spend hundreds of dollars to replace a door that has only cosmetic damage.

Its very important. Did they have knowledge and access, or was
It random? If someone can post that this is a new door handle I will buy it, eat it swallow it. This is not, at tnis point proven its a new handle. And if it were.........why did the church not replace the door? The worst things you can REMEMBER righr on your face.? I don't think so.

I would think if there were no damage to the door other than the handle and paint, it would be cheaper to replace only those items. New handle and new paint. I also, would be more inclined to look at the church as a reminder of a murder and not just the door and handle. Jmo

Originally Posted by ktrca

I would guess they only replaced the handle because it's only a kitchen service door (not a main entrance door), AND all it needs is a paint touch-up. It's a metal fire door, plenty sturdy. Just needs a little tlc with the paint can. :)

Could it be that maybe they replaced the handle so that they could keep it in use until the new door could be ordered and installed? Much easier and quicker to replace a handle than a new door.

Ok enough of Steve's pic. When he comes back, we'll get an explanation. So let's please move on.

Thanks!

I remember seeing a post on FB where Missy was thanking someone who took BB to his surgery. Don't remember who though

MT, her mother mother-in-law.

I would guess they only replaced the handle because it's only a kitchen service door (not a main entrance door), AND all it needs is a paint touch-up. It's a metal fire door, plenty sturdy. Just needs a little tlc with the paint can. :)

Exactly! :)

Could it be that maybe they replaced the handle so that they could keep it in use until the new door could be ordered and installed? Much easier and quicker to replace a handle than a new door.
I have no clue, Im 800 miles away. All I know is protical here, and the entire door would have taken on sight.

I have no clue, Im 800 miles away. All I know is protical here, and the entire door would have taken on sight.

Well it has no baring on the actual case, so I don't see how it really matters. Plus I doubt they'll be particularly concerned with protocol considering everything else that's gone on. Moving on. :)

http://www.texarrests.com/locations/texas/ellis-county/39438925

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160428/NEWS/160429328

By ANDREW BRANCA
Daily Light Staff Writer

Posted Apr 28, 2016 at 5:51 PM
Updated Apr 28, 2016 at 5:55 PM

Former Ellis County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Philip Gray Slaughter II’s request to have his bonds reduced was granted at hearing in the 443rd Judicial District Court on Thursday morning.
The Texas Department of Public Safety arrested Slaughter on April 15 on several charges related to the alleged theft of firearms from the sheriff’s office property room. He has been charged with two charges of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence, three charges of theft and a charge of tampering with a governmental record. Slaughter originally had six bonds totaling $510,000. The five bonds totaling $100,000 each were reduced to $30,000.
According to the arrest warrant affidavit, the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office was informed by the Ennis Police Department about the recovery of firearms from Ennis Pawn that was reported stolen from the ECSO. The firearms were a .36 caliber Colt revolver model No. 1862, a second colt revolver model No. 1860 and Taurus semi-automatic pistol. These firearms were allegedly pawned on April 5. Ennis Police stated that Slaughter was the person identified on the pawn receipt.
“ke ECSO evidence room. Capt. McGee reviewed the ECSO evidence room inventory report and observed that two Colt revolvers were evidence in an open burglary investigation and were supposed to be in possession of the ECSO evidence room,” Texas Ranger Adam Sweaney stated in the arrest warrant affidavit. “Capt. McGee further observed that the Taurus pistol was in evidence in a closed narcotics investigation and was reported on a motion for destruction of weapons order by Phillip Slaughter to have been destroyed on Nov. 19, 2015 in Midlothian.”

<modsnip>

IMO, BB has no more idea who killed Missy than the police do. I think they showed him the video hoping he would recognize the killer, but it didn't pan out.

Did LE say that they had showed BB the whole 28 minutes of video ?

Did LE say that they had showed BB the whole 28 minutes of video ?

Your question reminds me of a question I had. Did LE say they have 28 minutes of video? Or are we just assuming that number from the statement perp arrived at 3:50 and MB at 4:18 and then there was no footage of either on tape?

I was thinking about this when we discussed how surveillance cams work. We know the cameras were motion activated so If we have 28 min of video, that mean SP was very rarely out of camera range (in any rooms at all). Did he wander the rectangular halls almost the full 28 min keeping them recording?

Good morning,

From here on out, please post a link with your photo(s), videos, anything from MSM.

Please don't copy a whole article from MSM, we have a 10% copyright rule. You may only post 10% of the article and must have a link to back it up.

Steve's picture his his own. He took it. There will be no link. He will be a long to explain. So, please don't question why there isn't a link.

If you have a issue with a post, poster, please contact one of us. We're here to help.

Please be kind to each other and please help the newbies out with a question they may have.

Remember your ignore feature can be your BF.

Thank you and have a wonderful Saturday!

Please thank this post.

Sparky

Thank you, Sparky.

You do an amazing job keeping us on the straight and narrow and I imagine it's one of your more challenging and time consuming threads. We need an arrest for your sake as much as anyone elses!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

:peace:

Good Morning all,

Can someone tell me why the reward hasn't been raised? Money always makes people talk or give tips to LE. Almost makes me think there is no need to do so, that LE knows the perp, and is just waiting to gather more facts.

IMHO

Good Morning Sleuthers!

Here is to hoping SP gets arrested today!!!

There are so many different theories and different scenarios brought up by everyone here! I think that is the greatest thing about WS~~the collective collaboration of so many sharp minds!

So, being in the profession I'm in~~I have to propose a topic which I haven't seen discussed yet. :) As an accountant, I'm involved in auditing and we follow the money trail and look for fraud. So I'm wondering if it is possible SP was involved in defrauding the church somehow and MB became aware of it. I would want to look at the books and records of the church to see if perhaps tithing had taken a downturn as compared to prior years??

So, here is a proposed scenario. We know that MB was murdered on a Monday morning. We know churches often have services on Sunday and the bulk of the tithing happens on that day. I think several WSer's and LE have mentioned throughout these threads that many times churches are most often broken in on the day following a day on which tithes had been collected. Is it possible the perp was stealing tithes on a regular basis before the tithes were counted (early am) and Missy may have bumped into that person on the churches premises and thought nothing of it? Perp feeling she/he is about to be exposed decides to silence MB? Of course, this theory would be predicated on the assumption the tithes were not counted on Sunday but on Monday morning.

Just my owns thoughts~~thinking out loud~~~in no way can I prove or disprove this theory!

Good Morning all,

Can someone tell me why the reward hasn't been raised? Money always makes people talk or give tips to LE. Almost makes me think there is no need to do so, that LE knows the perp, and is just waiting to gather more facts.

IMHO

Well, the reward isn't from LE, to start with, so whether or not they have a suspect in mind, they wouldn't be telling the reward source about it.

Also, unfortunately, money doesn't always make people talk or give tips. I wish it were the case. And there may be nobody who knows anything except the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dylanfoxx