TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion has always been that LE would never simultaneously ask for the public's help to identify someone and intentionally mislead the public about height. Their released estimates would put the subject well below half the population, eliminating the vast majority of men entirely. Think about it. Someone thinks they recognize the subject but doesn't bother to let LE know because that person is an average height male.

So that means either LE has accurate measurements and the subject really is that short, or they have miscalculated. IMO, no way would they intentionally mislead the public on this particular detail.

Batbrat, you are awesome. I have no idea, yet the person seems to appear to ME to be a little shorter than what you have stated. I realize that means very little, considering my non expertise and lack of technical skills. But FWIW, the doors are probably the average height of 6'8" or possibly 7' tall, no more. Is there no one that attends that church that is posting here? Please , ladies and gentleman, join in. Relieve our minds and help us along if you can. You are very welcome here. :)

..working out

Marker 1:10
attachment.php

-Nin

Who is the person with the square around him, back to the camera?

Gosh! I am more confused than ever about SWAT perp's gender... Watching an old Western and wondering why real life can't be as simple as the bad guys wearing the black hats (think Jack Elam) and the good guys wearing the white hats (Marshall Dillon)... :sigh:

Kind of had in mind the perp looked like this... Back to the drawing board again! Perp may be more like Miss Kitty!

attachment.php

LOL, I am not only confused as to swatperp's gender, but to their height as well. :sigh: Oh well.

Sorry this took so long to answer. In my analysis, the sex of the subject and the body shape was generic from the start. The final animation does not represent my starting point, but rather a final conclusion from the evaluation of the entire video. I outlined my techniques on a previous post, not sure if you saw that. Either way, I’ll try to keep it as concise as possible yet still comprehensive. The short answer is research, external evaluation, knowledge of anatomy, and common sense.

The long answer is actually long, so bear with me. It’s a lot to chew through.

Thank you!!!
I have read every one of your posts but I appreciate you not taking that for granted.
As impressive as the final video result is, I believe the details of your process, your research, your assumptions, and the evidence to support it all are actually more impressive.
Thank you so much for taking the time to break it down into a comprehensible digest.

Batbrat, you are awesome. I have no idea, yet the person seems to appear to ME to be a little shorter than what you have stated. I realize that means very little, considering my non expertise and lack of technical skills. But FWIW, the doors are probably the average height of 6'8" or possibly 7' tall, no more.

I agree. The doors are standard size installations. Likely no more than 84" (7ft). That still puts the subject at 71-73" tall in all of my diagrams.

I was discussing this with another sleuther earlier. And I wanted to show how I eventually determined the doors are 84". Thanks to other WSers for their assistance with locating images of doorways to work with.

As for having narrowed down the door heights, here's a compilation of how I arrived at 84". In the image below, the arrow near the "A" button points to the top edge of a doorway that leads through a vestibule to outside. Typically vestibule doorways are the same height, inside and out. Initially, I only assumed it was 84", but was not sure. The photo of the outside door on the far left with a plywood panel cover was another clue. The person that captured that image off the news and posted it also added that plywood panels come in standard sizes of one foot increments (I've forgotten who, but thank you again). That means those panels must be 8ft. It's very unlikely they were cut and they can't be shorter. The third arrow points to the top edge of auditorium doorways in the church. I was able to get that height by extrapolating from the folding table (thanks, Scout). That doorway is without a doubt 84". So we have two confirmed doorways at 84". One inner fire door, and one outer. On the first image ("A" button), the portico leading to the inner auditorium and the vestibule doorway leading outside are both in the same frame, and they are approximately the same height. They are also the same height as every other doorways in the same image. Therefore, I am very confident the doorways of the church are at a consistent installation height (inside and out) of 84".

attachment.php

Is there no one that attends that church that is posting here? Please , ladies and gentleman, join in. Relieve our minds and help us along if you can. You are very welcome here. :)

Yes! Please! Would have been great to have them a month ago before we did all the work, but now would be great too! ;)

Attachments

• doorsyellow.jpg
    doorsyellow.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 318
I'm confused on this. If this crime scene was cleaned and released already, would the cleaning agents not interfere with any such smell of gun powder or residue?
The search warrant stating she died of a wound to the head by an "unknown instrument" happened Monday night. The autopsy was 7:30 am Tuesday. There were no dogs searching on Monday - in fact the crime scene was reportedly wrapped up by about noon. But the news reported Wednesday pm that ATF had come into the investigation with their bomb and gun-residue sniffing dog Titan. So the dog search was apparently sometime between the completed autopsy and the Wednesday night prayer service.

JMO, but I believe the completed autopsy (with its results not public) led investigators to go back and check with Titan.

Yes! Please! Would have been great to have them a month ago before we did all the work, but now would be great too! ;)
I have an indirect connection to a church leader. I may be able to get access if they are willing to assist. Before I contact him, what questions would we be trying to get answers to?
1) indoor frame height
2) ???

Do any of you Super Sleuths who looked at BB's Facebook remember seeing how he chronicled last year's fishing trip? He's said it was an annual trip. Thanks!

Great question! Hope somebody has an answer.

I have been in a few public venues this weekend and I have seen SP everywhere. Seriously, who knew that so many ppl walk like the SP in the general public? Just sayin'.

God help them if they drive a light colored Altima with an oval type sticker on their bumper that resembles.... anything.

LOL!

Who is the person with the square around him, back to the camera?

Respectfully, not trying to be snarky, but no way for us to know who the person is from these 29 sec videos jmho. Or if it even possibly matters. MB posted that video on her FB twice, but it was 2014.

1) Creepy but exactly 2 years ago June 19, 2014
Missy Bevers
June 19, 2014 ·

Getting it in....leg day! Cable extension kickbacks — at Midlothian Anytime Fitness. https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers/videos/vb.1229322185/10204162728848323/?type=3&theater

2)
Missy Bevers
July 14, 2014 ·

One of my favorite Glute exercises! Try some Thrive "Activate" pre-workout to give you the extra energy. It's awesome!! https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers/videos/vb.1229322185/10204359884497091/?type=3&theater

This one was posted March 2014 prior to her getting her Personal Trainer cert in April 2014

Missy Bevers
March 18, 2014 near Duncanville, TX https://www.facebook.com/missy.bevers/videos/vb.1229322185/10203470381140063/?type=3&theater (you can see who the gentleman is video this one, but again look at the date.

Missy Bevers I've been working out & training since June 2013, XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. I was always scared to try these, because I didn't want to look silly & fail. I was impressed with myself, when I finally tried, lol. It feels so good to accomplish something that makes me happy!!! I'm starting by Personal Trainer certification in a few weeks. If any of you ladies are interested, when can start training together in a couple of months!! :)
March 19, 2014 at 7:27am

Thanks NIN...I saw that, but "tech challenged"....maybe she quit going to the gym because someone was bothering her. And that someone was also a member of the gym? Maybe that someone handles rejection in a violent manner. I'm sure local PD is looking into members of the gym who have had recent "run-ins" with the law for physical altercations or domestic violence?? Should be pretty easy to find that connection?

Oh, and up thread a brilliant poster mentioned autopsy being done on Tuesday AND THEN the ATF dog being brought in on Wednesday. In my mind, implies the crime scene looked violent....and initially looked like "punture/stab/blows" from the items SP was carrying. But, after the medical examiner started the autopsy might have said, ...."OH NO, we have more than blunt force trauma, puncture and stabbing. I see evidence of a gun shot wound being the initial assault! The other injuries were exacted postmortem in an attempt to mask the true instrument of death."
SwatPerp takes the weapon (gun) with him and leaves the break-in tools behind. Oh my, just thought about something else, that is beginning to "fill in the pieces" of this puzzle. Recently, there were arrests made of former LE who illegally sold "guns that were supposed to have been destroyed.
Wow, wow, wow.....what if the bullet fragment match a weapon used in a previous crime and LE now realizes it was one from their own evidence locker?? Yeah, "weapons from an evidence locker" being used again for crimes....Yep, THAT would bring in ALL the ALPHABET AGENCIES....FBI, ATF, MPD, TXR, DOJ, DEA, Homeland Security.... wow. I think I am seeing the bigger picture...

Quite possible...

You're right.. the COC already had released the crime scene back to the COC on Monday, just (roughly 7 hours after the crime..) per a news video. What? That in itself is so odd..

MB's preliminary COD was released on Tues..

ATF comes in on Wednesday. I would have thought if they suspected a "BOMB" they might have checked that out on MONDAY? ......just sayin.

Respectfully changed color bbm, It was told at the end of the April 18 Press Conf. For whatever reason they checked Creekside interior and exterior on Wed morning, it was prior to the Prayer Service that night. JMHO, Suspect wearing SWAT uniform whether actually real or not... and the horrific murder .. JMHO it was a very precautionary reason.

Nice! I too wondered about that item and how it's held. I asked around to right-handed folks if they could hold a flashlight "cop style" with the left hand and easily turn it on. All said it felt awkward. This solves that in my eyes.
I do not see a piece of glass, or SP left hand near the head at all; nor do I see a small cylinder-shaped flashlight, nor do I believe the object is held "cop style". To me, it looks like handgun-shaped object, held like a handgun, in the left hand. I think it resembles a semi-automatic. If you can enlarge this .gif, you will see that the object in the left hand does not flash as SP approaches the door. When I test this WS thumbnail by opening in a new tab and enlarging to 300% (Firefox), that isn't enough, SP is less than 2 inches tall on my screen. I can see it in a picture viewer on my computer where SP is 9 inches tall on my screen.

Attachments

• GIF.headlamp.dutch.hall.gif
    GIF.headlamp.dutch.hall.gif
    383.3 KB · Views: 83
I have an indirect connection to a church leader. I may be able to get access if they are willing to assist. Before I contact him, what questions would we be trying to get answers to?
1) indoor frame height
2) ???

Thank you so much for putting yourself out, okie. I don't want to be too big of a pain, but I would love to know the exact height of at least one of the doors in the tiled hallway near the bulletin board and also the dutch doors to the nursery. Really, whatever anyone can provide would be a boon. I cannot think of anything else. Perhaps others here have requests.

Thanks again!

I do not see a piece of glass, or SP left hand near the head at all; nor do I see a small cylinder-shaped flashlight, nor do I believe the object is held "cop style". To me, it looks like handgun-shaped object, held like a handgun, in the left hand. I think it resembles a semi-automatic. If you can enlarge this .gif, you will see that the object in the left hand does not flash as SP approaches the door. When I test this WS thumbnail by opening in a new tab and enlarging to 300% (Firefox), that isn't enough, SP is less than 2 inches tall on my screen. I can see it in a picture viewer on my computer where SP is 9 inches tall on my screen.

Yeah it's pretty small for me too. I just assumed it was a flashlight because I see an overhand grip when watch it. It could be anything really, at that resolution.

I have held my share of handguns, and I'd think it would be very difficult to hold a handgun that high, that close to the chest, and pointing forward. I would also not be confident holding any handgun in my non-dominant hand. Do you think he might be left handed, Sandy?

attachment.php

Attachments

• lefthandobj.jpg
    lefthandobj.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 558
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors