TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that Missy would open the church to give access to restrooms.
If it was a dry day , she would open the doors, but i don't know if she would enter the building or not

( no link)

Thanks! I guess that's part of what's puzzling me...SP had to know she would get out of the vehicle rain or not.

Then why all the focus on BB s alibi. I think We pretty well all agree already he wasn't there from the video. An alibi proves they weren't there.

I am not speaking for 11frogs, but I am interested in all alibis because the alleged movements of the people who knew Missy best may yield some clues in to what happened. This murder was well-planned, but as all murderers do, this person made a mistake. It's just a matter of finding it. Having some information about a person's alibi may be helpful in finding that misstep. JMO

ETA - I think that people are likely to focus on BB and RB's alibis because those alibis were specifically mentioned by LE.

One thing that keeps coming back to my mind is the weather that night. Perhaps what I've set out below has been asked, answered, and/or discussed over the past few weeks, but I don't recall or haven't seen it (there is so much to keep up with); it may also be just stating the obvious. Interested to hear what folks here think to settle these nagging thoughts (and feel free scroll/roll past me :))

We know that the weather forced the CG training inside that day per MB's FB announcement. So, working from the assumption that MB was targeted:

1. Do we know if MB routinely went inside the church as part of the set up each day (or specifically Mondays for some reason?) If she did routinely go into the church as part of the set up before each camp (perhaps to open the building for water, restrooms, or what have you), then that settles in my mind that the SP would know this from doing his/her homework stalking her and casing the church building/grounds/area. The SP would know the narrow window of opportunity within minutes and plan accordingly.

2. If MB did not routinely go into the church as part of the CG set up, then I'm puzzled by the following:

a. Would the SP have murdered her outside? To me, this would decrease the opportunity to isolate her and attack as well as risk witnesses, such as campers arriving earlier, etc (I know it was dark and timing well-planned but still...a risk that leads me to believe the SP needed her inside).

b. Or did the SP need a foul weather day that would place MB inside - trapping her - for an attack.

3. Or did the SP need to commit the murder on that specific day rain or no rain, inside or out and he/she was equally prepared for both (because the rain is a plan changer if MB did not typically go inside the church).

For weeks now, I've thought that the SP is a hunter (predator, for sure) or professional. The precision and methodical planning reminds me of hearing hunters talk about their "sport" and the gear, behavior, and preparation for a successful "kill."

Thoughts?
SaveSave

If I remember correctly, the OPINION (not fact) was that she most likely did go inside each workout session one, to open the doors to make the restroom accessible and two, possibly go into the kitchen to fill a water jug for the campers. Again, if I remember in my reading since thread 1 :/, she had to open the main door then travel to the doors with the awning where she parked. If they worked out (inside or out) at the awning area, it would seem to me that she entered the front doors and then went and opened the awning doors every time no matter where the workout took place....again, just my thoughts form all the reading, nothing is fact.

I've been sporadically reading these last several threads. Same things discussed, just new people :) I have to say, I'm just surprised that no one has spoken with the media. I'm not talking family or main SW people who most likely have been told by LE to keep quiet, but gym owner, friends (I'm sure best friends have also been told to be quiet) but there are usually people who kind of know the victim that usually come forward to say something...that she was a good person, she did this or that, etc. It's been silence. I have to admit the longer this goes, the more fearful I get that they do NOT have a clue. That SP was successful enough is not leaving behind any DNA, that the facial recognition is void because of the squished face from the helmet, that they left all electronics at home. I don't feel they were professional, I just feel it's sheer luck. I've never followed a case like this so I really don't know the timeframes that are or aren't. I know many of you say it takes awhile to gather FIRM evidence, to get DNA back, etc, but all I can think of is that there is a murderer out there on the loose. That if LE does know who it is, that they can't arrest them and keep them behind bars. I get being innocent until proven guilty but if they KNOW and are just waiting on final evidence, ughhhh. Such a hard line to have as LE I'm sure! Even if it was targeted, there is no way for us to know if this person has killed before and will do so again. It's scary!!!

I am not speaking for 11frogs, but I am interested in all alibis because the alleged movements of the people who knew Missy best may yield some clues in to what happened. This murder was well-planned, but as all murderers do, this person made a mistake. It's just a matter of finding it. Having some information about a person's alibi may be helpful in finding that misstep. JMO

ETA - I think that people are likely to focus on BB and RB's alibis because those alibis were specifically mentioned by LE.

Agreed. It is really because we have a "bit" of information on what BB and RB's alibis were, so there is at least room to discuss something there. Without having any thought that either is actually SP, it still interests me to think how one could give a specific alibi and still commit a crime. Or, that someone would not be the perpetrator, but know something was happening and want to ensure they could prove they were gone. I would personally love to discuss the ins and outs of others alibis! I just haven't seen any information at all to even use as a starting point for anyone else. Above, I mentioned my thoughts in regards to CT, but without having any information at all about what she told LE, it is pure speculation. The thread has slowed considerably with the lack of updates, so there aren't many areas left to really dig in to.

Fair enough. I think what people said is going to be more telling than where they happened to be (unless of course, they weren't where they said they were - then alarms go off).

So what did they say. BB has spoken much about their efforts to reconcile the marriage becaus of issues. This is frequently done with the aid/guidance of a pastor/counselor. Are we aware of anyone helping them fix it? Is all that conversation protected. Even in a murder investigation?

Fair enough. I think what people said is going to be more telling than where they happened to be (unless of course, they weren't where they said they were - then alarms go off).

So what did they say. BB has spoken much about their efforts to reconcile the marriage becaus of issues. This is frequently done with the aid/guidance of a pastor/counselor. Are we aware of anyone helping them fix it? Is all that conversation protected. Even in a murder investigation?

I hope so. Unless someone says "I am going to kill this person" it should be privileged communication.

I've been sporadically reading these last several threads. Same things discussed, just new people :) I have to say, I'm just surprised that no one has spoken with the media. I'm not talking family or main SW people who most likely have been told by LE to keep quiet, but gym owner, friends (I'm sure best friends have also been told to be quiet) but there are usually people who kind of know the victim that usually come forward to say something...that she was a good person, she did this or that, etc. It's been silence. I have to admit the longer this goes, the more fearful I get that they do NOT have a clue. That SP was successful enough is not leaving behind any DNA, that the facial recognition is void because of the squished face from the helmet, that they left all electronics at home. I don't feel they were professional, I just feel it's sheer luck. I've never followed a case like this so I really don't know the timeframes that are or aren't. I know many of you say it takes awhile to gather FIRM evidence, to get DNA back, etc, but all I can think of is that there is a murderer out there on the loose. That if LE does know who it is, that they can't arrest them and keep them behind bars. I get being innocent until proven guilty but if they KNOW and are just waiting on final evidence, ughhhh. Such a hard line to have as LE I'm sure! Even if it was targeted, there is no way for us to know if this person has killed before and will do so again. It's scary!!!

social media is the new media. Yes there's quite a bit of talk going on there. In fact. Probably more so since now everybody has a microphone in their hand. Flip side of that is that you've lost the journalist filtering and vetting it

I hope so. Unless someone says "I am going to kill this person" it should be privileged communication.
There's a whole lot of gray there then. No ones probably going to make that kind of extreme statement. But I bet people leave a lot of clues laying around

There's a whole lot of gray there then. No ones probably going to make that kind of extreme statement. But I bet people leave a lot of clues laying around

Yes, but unless it's a direct threat like that it should be privileged. There is no gray area. That was my point.

eta:
Clergy/Priest Privilege Lawyers

What Is the Clergy Privilege?
The clergy privilege (also known as the priest/penitent privilege) is one of the recognized forms of privileged communication that protects the contents of conversations between religious advisers (priests, rabbis, minsters, etc...) and an advisee. This means that any conversation you have with your clergy (assuming they are acting in their religious capacity) cannot be brought into court.

For example, anything said to a catholic priest during a confessional cannot be used against you, or even mentioned, in any legal matter.

And therapists communications are privileged. However, the surviving partner can waive that privilege for any joint sessions.

I don't think I am following. What do we think might have been revealed by MB that might help BB or LE?

Imo. If both parties were dead then a pastor or marriage counselor could discuss their marital situation with police without worrying about the ethical standpoint of the confidentiality clause.

Or they would have to be subpoenaed by the court.

But imo. All marriages can have problems. And I'm sure the police has thoroughly checked all texts and social media postings of MB and BB which would probably give them more details than a pastor or counselor can. Jmo

Most spouses don't reveal their most kept secrets to a pastor or counselor while the other spouse is sitting right there.

Plus they may not tell the pastor or counselor their most kept spousal secrets; Especially If they feel the pastor or counselor may leak that information back to the other spouse due to trying to save the marriage. Jmo.

So most couples will share with things the other spouse already knows.

But their internet and phone records usually tell a more complex story.

But Imo. BB is innocent. Jmo.

The man has been in Chronic Pain for a while and didn't even get the chance to have fun on his first solo trip in a while.

So why would he kill his wife that obviously took care of things while he was moaning in pain for many months.

Now if you have ever suffered from ongoing Chronic pains while having 3 kids and a wife and bills.

Then you would know that this big conspiracy -murder would be next to impossible. Jmo

I don't think I am following. What do we think might have been revealed by MB that might help BB or LE?

Something about his alibi and marital issues, but honestly I'm not sure what the specific theory might be. :dunno:

My understanding is that Missy would open the church to give access to restrooms.
If it was a dry day , she would open the doors, but i don't know if she would enter the building or not

( no link)
And MB had a key (or perhaps a passcode) to the CoC. She was not a member of the CoC. It is unlikely that she acquired a key just the night before because of rain and more likely that she had the key for a long time since she began using the CoC for CG.

Hypothetically:
Seriousness of any marital problems
Pressure from family/friends to either split or work it out
One partner willing to work on strengthening relationship - the other partner, not so much
One partner suffering from depression - other partner impatient with changing behaviors
One partner seriously involved in new relationship (not a fling)
Perceived focus of one partner shifting away from marriage

Just a few.....

I fail to see the angst over the BB and RB alibis. If LE was competent and knew how to verify things (and I trust they do), then those alibis offer facts that neither could have possibly committed this murder. It's not very meaningful to ignore what we know - that each was 1000 miles away or more when this evil happened - and then try to conjure up scenarios that put them at the scene, because once LE has determined they were in MS and CA respectively, then they couldn't be here. Unless they had some Star Trek teleport or body-splitting skills, of course.

Nor do we have any REAL evidence to say either wanted MB dead, so there's that.

Something about his alibi and marital issues, but honestly I'm not sure what the specific theory might be. :dunno:

Thank you. I'm having a hard time deciding on a specific theory. LE described a wide net with the search warrants. I think it is a big pond with Missy's multilevel marketing endeavors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps