TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's finish off this BB hunting expedition. We need to go in with objective and clear and unbiased minds to sleuth most effectively. Not have someone that creeps us out and try find/skew evidence to criminalize him.

Regarding the "bucket list" comment to describe this fishing trip;Whoever posted the "Final Days of Life" definition and talked about his knowledge of her final days is using and old antiquated understanding of that word. That's a cherry picked definition at best.

Language does morph from year to year, country to country, what part of the country, and even gender to gender some times. In 2016, USA/TX it means something very different. THE Merriam-Webster has one definition: A list of things that one has not done before, but wants to before dying.
Now let's look at the current day vernacular. How are people using the word in June 2016. Google the word (which reflects the MOST popular usages of the word as of June 20, 2016) . Here's the top 8 page titles, verbatim:

1. Bucketlist>>10,000 things to do before you die.
2. Bucketlist>>Most popular Bucket list ideas.
3. Unique Bucket List: 1000+ ideas - Live the Dream - Bucket List Journey.
4. Urban Dictionary. A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket." "I need to remember to add skydiving to my bucket list."
5. Bucket List Ideas. 101 Things to do before you die.
6. The Bucket List of Things to Do Before You Die. "This is my bucket list of 100 things I hope to accomplish in my lifetime."
7. BucketList(R) Together we can fulfill each other's dreams.
8 10000+ Bucket List Ideas for Designing Your Best Life

The vernacular use of the word has essentially ZERO to do with DEATH and EVERYTHING to do with LIFE. 10,000 ideas. There is no hint of final days, etc.

As a male in central Texas he is using the terminology the same way I would. In fact, I've used the word probably 5-10 times this year already. And I have no immediate plans of dying. While BB may or may not be innocent. The use of the phrase is, and it takes a fishing expedition to twist it. No pun intended.

Respectfully BBM. We can not finish off anyone as the Suspect or someone involved in the murder... until there is an arrest. I was just stating that he had mentioned prior illness. We do not know the extent of his medical problems or even medical history (as we should not) Having said that, we have only an opinion as to why BB posted what he posted on FB not factual information as to why. JMHO

Where else do you hit someone with a hammer/pick? And do we know how may wounds? Could be 2.

I am going to try to be delicate. Missy didn't die from blunt force trauma. Since her injuries were described as puncture wounds, SP was attacking her with such power that the instrument pierced her skin. Please feel free to disagree with my assessment, but this has all the markings of overkill. Overkill often results from rage/anger. MOO

I am going to try to be delicate. Missy didn't die from blunt force trauma. Since her injuries were described as puncture wounds, SP was attacking her with such power that the instrument pierced her skin. Please feel free to disagree with my assessment, but this has all the markings of overkill. Overkill often results from rage/anger. MOO

I would guess that a pointy tool like a hammer or pick would puncture a person if swung more than a love tap. Not sure how that's overkill..

Just some thoughts...

It's been generally inferred (probably correctly IMO) that Missy's death was a brutal one, and from what we've read, according to a statement prior to autopsy, she died from a puncture wound to the head - though there are also reports of puncture wounds to the chest. But LE have also stated that they believe she was targeted, so it appears that, at least according to what they are saying publicly, her death was not an 'accidental' run-in with someone. Her death was planned, and she was singled out, in other words.

So it would seem we know two things about her death: it was violent, and she was targeted. And so, unless I'm missing something, it would seem there are just a few ways to interpret this still-incomplete information (IMO):

1) Missy's death was targeted and violent, and the brutality was due to it being a crime of passion, "personal" in some way. Someone was enraged at her personally for some sort of perceived slight. A "revenge" sort of killing, whether that slight was real or not, and deep abiding hatred and anger are the primary motive here.

Examples of this type of murder might include murder by ratted out criminals, jilted lovers, angry spouses, or psychotic stalkers. IMO, it would not include her surprising a B&E suspect in a church, however (whether surprised, high, or what-have-you). That sort of situation would not jive with a "targeted" killing, at least as I understand the way police term that.

2) Missy's death was targeted and violent, but the brutality was due to her being a "hit" - which may or may not have been done by someone who knew her personally. But putting the personal aside...due to the fact that a hit must be 100% successful for payoff, such a murder is usually is carried out via overkill. Which means it can look as brutal as a "personal" crime (eg. a double tap to head and chest using a firearm) even though it could have been carried out by a cold-blooded killer who has no feeling or personal connection whatsoever to his victim.

3) A blend of #1 and #2. Missy's death was targeted and violent but done with mixed motives (making things pretty murky from an investigative standpoint).

Eg.:
- someone who has agreed to do a "hit" because he may otherwise find himself and/or a loved one implicated in criminal activity.
(This person may not have a deep enough connection to Missy to murderously hate her, but he hates what she might bring about in his life...so her killing is expedient to him. He has at least a bit of personal interest at stake, but the bigger motive may be both personal protection and financial payoff).

- someone who doesn't particularly hate Missy but passionately or obsessively wants something or someone and believes that Missy stands in the way of that important thing or relationship (whether or not that belief in grounded in reality). Motive is not so much a seething hatred of Missy, but more based upon the emotional gain (real or imagined) that might come with Missy out of the picture.

The violence in this blended motive is not solely personal, but also reflects the degree to which the killer wants to be sure to obtain that elusive 'something.'

JMO.

Where else do you hit someone with a hammer/pick? And do we know how may wounds? Could be 2.

I picked up a hammer (like the one in the video) and had my 5'3 kid stand in front of me to answer that question. No, I didn't do anything!!! I'd go straight for the head. The thought NEVER crossed my mind to go for the chest area. They went for the head first and after she was incapacitated, the chest. It's too tough to go for the chest of a defending person because their hands and defensive mechanisms are right there.

could the anger be from being interrupted? I agree w/ Z I have and still think this was a robbery gone wrong!

JMO - but if this was a robbery once SP killed MB why not keep robbing the place. SP wouldn't have known there was a class about to start. Why not rob her vehicle, take her jewelry. Nothing was taken - the SP - had a calm demeanor - no not a robbery.

I picked up a hammer (like the one in the video) and had my 5'3 kid stand in front of me to answer that question. No, I didn't do anything!!! I'd go straight for the head. The thought NEVER crossed my mind to go for the chest area. They went for the head first and after she was incapacitated, the chest. It's too tough to go for the chest of a defending person because their hands and defensive mechanisms are right there.

Until he hit the ground.

......agreed...........confused. Have now heard both ways--public should/ should not be concerned. Seems LE can't get stories straight on many counts!
Yes I agree. I just can't put the pieces together for a B&E. :/ Seems like they would want to get in and out quickly...?

And I'm so confused. Does anyone remember where LE said that the public is not in danger and they believed MB was targeted?
I know LE can say anything they want and rightfully so, but I think that they did not put a warning out to the public during 2 press conferences. I'm gonna look too.

But I can't help but think if this Swatperp were that desperate for a fix, he wouldn't be sauntering around for 30 minutes in a church breaking glass and not stealing anything. In other words, while this may eventually be drug-related, I don't see Swatperp as strung out in the video.

Why break in a church then wander around and not take anything ? I just can't buy the B AND E theory, her murder was so up close and personal, such rage and anger to hack a woman up.. Nope not buying it.... JMO ofcourse

Yes I agree. I just can't put the pieces together for a B&E. :/ Seems like they would want to get in and out quickly...?

He could've been waiting for the rain to stop and in no hurry.

could the anger be from being interrupted? I agree w/ Z I have and still think this was a robbery gone wrong!

I wouldn't think they would be that angry, not saying they wouldn't kill, just don't think they would go through that extreme to do it. Imho I think if some one was burglarizing a place they wouldn't want to take their crime to another level where the investigation would be much more intense.

......agreed...........confused. Have now heard both ways--public should/should not be concerned. Seems LE can't get stories straight on many counts!

And I'm so confused. Does anyone remember where LE said that the public is not in danger and they believed MB was targeted?
I know LE can say anything they want and rightfully so, but I think that they did not put a warning out to the public during 2 press conferences. I'm gonna look too.

Was MB hit on head/chest to ensure dead or did they want to take away from her beaty(if facial punctures) or alert others of boob job(if thoracic punctures)in an attempt to embarrass her. They must have knocked her down, then sat on her (or knelt at her side) while looking her in the eye - as they punctured her head/chest. Again, either ensuring death and/ or personal.

The marriage was on the rocks... "In a search warrant released May 5, police said they have reason to believe Bevers and her husband were having “an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage.” They say they’ve recovered messages on Missy’s devices that are “flirtatious” and “intimate.”"

It really stood out to me when MB's MIL said “We know she wasn’t perfect; none of us are perfect." Why bother saying that about your daughter in law who was brutally murdered. Red flag! The MIL went on to say “I mean, as bad as it is on the girls, especially the older ones, for Brandon to lose his wife to murder and then find out about the flirtatious remarks to other people has got to be devastating to him."... “I mean, enough’s enough here." If marriage on rocks for the last year or more, then I'm sure his Mother was aware. No love lost there.

All quotes above from article site: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...s-messages-knocked-us-down-a-little-bit.html/

What I don't understand is if SP was there to rob then why weren't the offices targeted? That is where the cash from collections would be.
I would think SP would have targeted the office doors first, then if there was no cash or a safe that he/she couldn't get into - then I can see
walking up and down halls looking in every room.
SP wasn't making sure no one was there, he/she knew it...unless that 1 car in the parking
lot wasn't SP's...then, maybe the walking the halls was to make sure the church was empty...
Maybe seeing the broken glass and obvious break in LE at first thought it was a robbery but when the offices weren't torn up it then became
apparent this was more than a robbery.

Also, that Missy suffered puncture wounds also makes me wonder. I've been thinking about this....
If SP had intent to harm her why not use the head of the hammer?
The puncture wounds seem unusually harsh IMO as opposed to the bigger and more solid area of the hammer, which would make sense if
SP was surprised and reacted by swinging it.

In the video SP is carrying the hammer correctly, meaning it could be used to drive a nail, SP never (that I remember) carried it backwards -
or claw forward.

Just random thoughts that have gone through my heard for days now.
I respect opinions but I'm still inclined to think this was intentional.

Respectfully BBM

Remember we only know a small amount (from 2 SW (1) for Ford F150 April 18 to get MB stuff out (2) from the iPhone & iPad April 19 to do extraction) A hammer head blow could be considered a puncture jmho

Bevers was declared dead Monday morning, but no cause of death was given. Tuesday afternoon, Midlothian police said the autopsy by the Dallas County medical examiner had been completed but that the results were being withheld pending the ongoing investigation by their department, county officials and the Texas Rangers. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

SW on Monday April 18 (date of murder, evening prior to autopsy) 6:25 pm. S.W. MB Gray Ford F150
...deceased from a head wound.

It is believed this unknown male used an unknown instrument to cause the death of Terri Bevers at this location

5:56pm April 19 S.W. Forensic Exam & Extract MB iPhone & iPad, it stated in this Snip but we do not know for a fact that the hammer was used or all that was used just from this document tools. - as in more than one tool jmho MPD is holding that information close to the vest. They have stated multiple times due to things only the killer would know. Also per MPD the Suspect did go into offices

SNIP:
The subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going through offices.

Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building.

JMHO, from what I was told, that the church offices are in the front, NW corner of building. Which would be the direction the Suspect is shown walking from to the area of Holy Ground at 3:58 am. Suspect first seen on video at ten til 4 (so this section of the video we see at 3:58 - know this from the first video released 7 sec- would be 8 min after first seen) We have no idea of any specific time where Suspect was at any given time other than ten til 4, 3:58 and the time frame that Captain Spann stated that MB was seen walking down the main hallway...

This case IMO so reminds me of recent case in KY. A mother disappeared to be found "suicide by self" after taking money from credit union. Her ex whom had stalked and harassed her suddenly looked for her and lovie lovie it up in the media. It was sickening. I realize BB and MB were still married but all the social media and other info points to 2 very separate lives with affair(s). BB demeanor, actions, pressers etc just do not sit well with me. I realize he was out of town but it will remain my opinion that BB and or his family MAY have knowledge of perp etc. I may be wrong and if so apologize in advance. I am much more of a Profiler than evidence based guy. Thankfully we have lots of evidence people onboard. I favor the Psychology aspect. BB sets off bells. A lot of bells

agreed.

During one such interview a friend of the victim told law enforcement that less than three days before the murder, the victim showed this friend a private message from the victim’s Linkedln account.

Murder was Monday April 18, three days before murder would be Friday April 15. LinkedIn dates were 14th-16th. So less than three (3) days before the murder would either be Saturday 16 (last date of time frame from LinkedIn) or Sunday 17 that MB could show the friend. JMHO

Dates of April 14-16 gives possible time frame that alleged message was sent and MB showed less than three days before her murder JMHO

RBBM

"Less than three days before her murder" could be Friday afternoon, Saturday, or Sunday, but yes, my guess based on all the info would be she got it sometime after the 14th, and showed it to a friend Friday (or possibly Saturday if one of these statements is poorly worded).

I may be wrong and if so apologize in advance. I am much more of a Profiler than evidence based guy. Thankfully we have lots of evidence people onboard. I favor the Psychology aspect. BB sets off bells. A lot of bells

rsbm

I think this is a flawed dichotomy. Profilers and psychological investigators are nothing if not evidence based. They don't work off of hunches, but a deep, considered, and educated evaluation of evidence. Prosecution on the basis of hunches, bells, and red-flags that are not evidence-based is tantamount to a prejudicial witch-hunt.

Was MB hit on head/chest to ensure dead or did they want to take away from her beaty(if facial punctures) or alert others of boob job(if thoracic punctures)in an attempt to embarrass her. They must have knocked her down, then sat on her (or knelt at her side) while looking her in the eye - as they punctured her head/chest. Again, either ensuring death and/ or personal.

The marriage was on the rocks... "In a search warrant released May 5, police said they have reason to believe Bevers and her husband were having “an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage.” They say they’ve recovered messages on Missy’s devices that are “flirtatious” and “intimate.”"

It really stood out to me when MB's MIL said “We know she wasn’t perfect; none of us are perfect." Why bother saying that about your daughter in law who was brutally murdered. Red flag! The MIL went on to say “I mean, as bad as it is on the girls, especially the older ones, for Brandon to lose his wife to murder and then find out about the flirtatious remarks to other people has got to be devastating to him."... “I mean, enough’s enough here." If marriage on rocks for the last year or more, then I'm sure his Mother was aware. No love lost there.

All quotes above from article site: http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/...s-messages-knocked-us-down-a-little-bit.html/

BBM - how does one minimize the loss of a mother? Why is their traumatic loss secondary?

rsbm

I think this is a flawed dichotomy. Profilers and psychological investigators are nothing if not evidence based. They don't work off of hunches, but a deep, considered, and educated evaluation of evidence. Prosecution on the basis of hunches, bells, and red-flags that are not evidence-based is tantamount to a prejudicial witch-hunt.

Oh my! Are you seriously telling me that the actual LE experts don't use their "hinky meters" to convict someone of murder?
Say it ain't so! :shame:

RBBM

"Less than three days before her murder" could be Friday afternoon, Saturday, or Sunday, but yes, my guess based on all the info would be she got it sometime after the 14th, and showed it to a friend Friday (or possibly Saturday if one of these statements is poorly worded).

MB may have received the creepy text while in Austin then.. I don't recall when she left Midlothian to attend the CG gathering in Austin.

It has been reported that MB died from puncture wounds to the head and chest. The puncture wounds were consistent with the tools being carried by SP.

Multiple puncture wounds from a hammer/blunt instrument to the chest and likely face seem to stem from anger/rage/hate. IMO those feelings simmered and built up over time, and I don't see a random unexpected encounter resulting in a manner of death consistent with MB's injuries.

I may be wrong, and if so, I hope someone can provide a link, but I've read no source that states Missy was killed with a hammer. (Not picking on you, GA_Peach - have seen multiple posters mention this in these threads.)

"Puncture wounds 'consistent with the tools left behind' " (or "carried" per another source) means just that. This was stated pre-autopsy, before findings. It means holes inflicted, holes that look similar to what might be inflicted IF perp had used one of those tools - and we've seen more than a hammer in the video, so why focus only on the hammer? I believe the reason is likely because townspeople interviewed have made that leap...though other locals (one allegedly a camper witness) have stated they believe it was another cause of death - so there can be no credence to hearsay alone.

LE have stopped short of actually saying one of those tools was indeed the murder weapon even when asked directly by reporters. And the autopsy results which would say COD more definitively have been hushed for now. I believe there is a reason for every word LE chooses to say or not say publicly so JMO, but I think I'll be refraining from jumping to the conclusion that she was hacked to death with the hammer seen in that video, no matter how vivid or menacing the imagery. The presence of the ATF, gun residue dog, and gun serial number in this case leaves too many unanswered questions.

JMO, IMOO, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member