TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People Magazine article 04/25/16:
"If she wasn't working out at home, she's always on the go. There's a lot of crock-pot meals that she fed her family" to save time, Tucker adds.

This printed only a week after she was murdered, for goodness sake. I've tried to compose another sentence here, and I'm at a loss.

I found that odd too. Maybe she didn't approve? Not sure would love to have a statement analyst take a look at it.

"If she wasn't working out at home, she's always on the go. There's a lot of crock-pot meals that she fed her family" to save time, Tucker adds.

This printed only a week after she was murdered, for goodness sake. I've tried to compose another sentence here, and I'm at a loss.

I'll jump off your post if I may. I'm not at a loss...I hadn't seen that comment
but its just more passive aggressive comments from BB's side of the family along with RB's grinning at the shirtgate presser to Missy's MIL's
comments about Missy's communications...none of those comments are attractive. Or loving towards Missy.

Someone way earlier made a post about how grieved BB and his family were at losing Missy and I remember thinking
'I'm not feeling the love'. At all.

They were having problems and Missy was trying - per BB - to make it work. She had 3 reasons to. Their daughters.
I think its really better they stay mum because I don't think their words are coming across like they think they are..

I will say (somewhat) in defense of BB, the thought crossed my mind early on how BB seemed emotionally confused to me and I wondered why.
He was having health problems, Missy was literally thriving. She felt good about herself, was popular, and had many friends and social acquaintances...
they had been having problems so maybe BB was a little jealous. Maybe he felt left out, slighted or forgotten and then add to that
shock when Missy was murdered...and then those text messages. And maybe some anger because his s-mother said he had warned her to
be careful. What a a plethora of mixed emotions he must have been going through.
I was expecting him to show grief at her loss. He was dealing with a lot more emotions than just grief..IMO.

If I'm reading this correctly, all search warrants will become unsealed before the end of this month.... Is that what others are seeing as well?

No. "Sealing of an affidavit" is not the same as sealing a SW. There would be nothing to prevent us from already knowing if additional SWs have been issued/executed, and for what purpose. If there were any that exist, of course.

An AG ruling on a request for FOIA disclosure has nothing to do with this. Apples and oranges. Completely different situations, bases, processes, rules, etc.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I know I posted this on the last page of the previous thread, so I'm not sure it may be reviewed on this one. Reposting.

I've been in LE for over 17 years and have seen many church break-ins. I, like everyone else, have watched the surveillance video numerous times. I believed that this was just a burglary gone bad ever since I've seen the video. I talked to credible source in the area and that person said that the victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn't pushing for details, because I know that I personally wouldn't give them out. The only other thing I can add is that they are closer than what they were a month and a half ago. Anything else I could add would be pure speculation on my part.

Also bringing over this post from thread #26, Post #548 made on 06-08-2016, @ 04:52 PM for the purpose of my statements and remarks.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
In my experience churches that get burglarized are often on Sunday or Wednesday nights. The perp is hoping the money will still be there, in a safe, until it's taken to a bank on Monday. The SP would have no idea that a fitness class would be there at 5am in the morning. The only research the perps would do is to look at the location, drive to the church at night, check to see if it has an alarm system and then break in. The perps know security cameras will be likely and as long as they disguise themselves well, LE won't spend a lot of effort trying to find out who it is. IMO the tactical vest and clothes helps to disguise the build of the SP.

Ever so respectfully, ZVEDZA, I disagree about cash money being left in a church safe. Insurance companies would not allow that policy. My church makes deposits after each service. We have 3 services on Sunday and none on Wednesday with our holidays scheduled differently. This monetary responsibility falls upon the members of the vestry who count the money taken in during the service then, directly make the deposit at that time. Other churches may also have services on other days of the week that have elders or deacons who are responsible for counting the cash and check contributions then making the deposits that same day.

JMHO based on experiences.

So what is your theory ?

east2west, thank you for asking. But my theory is on ice because it would not be appropriate and I'd be violating some basic rules here that I believe are in place for good reason. It's not original, but I think I can say this much: Murder for hire by someone close to her. IMO MOO 🐄 MOO.

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-29&p=12649406#post12649406
LinkedIn SW Snips:
So does that mean that MB allegedly showed the friend the message on April 16?

Also
4/27 last dated SW executed, that is known to the public. how many total are sealed and what are they for? What are the SW that the SW# skipped for? SW#s I ref from my prior post: May 8 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post12536361 JMHO we won't know any of this until an arrest or the time line for sealing has expired

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an
More at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u.../htm/CR.18.htm
I snipped the Statute for space ^^
Originally Posted by Newsleuth19 View Post
If I'm reading this correctly, all search warrants will become unsealed before the end of this month.... Is that what others are seeing as well?

Yesterday, 11:59 PM#143 SteveS http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-29&p=12649673#post12649673 No. "Sealing of an affidavit" is not the same as sealing a SW. There would be nothing to prevent us from already knowing if additional SWs have been issued/executed, and for what purpose. If there were any that exist, of course.

An AG ruling on a request for FOIA disclosure has nothing to do with this. Apples and oranges. Completely different situations, bases, processes, rules, etc.
Last edited by SteveS; Today at 12:03 AM.

Respectfully BBM. Respectfully I disagree. As the conversation was about the Statute of a Search Warrant And per the Code of Criminal Procedure, that Affidavit we were speaking about is a SW. Do you have a link for the Bolded that you state in your comment? Thanks in advance. Below is the one we are talking about pertaining to the Affidavits for a SW. And what it states: ETA: No where in Newsleuth19 post quoted to my orig comment does it say anything about the FOIA, that was something I commented on, in response to Newsleuth19.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-29&p=12649413#post12649413 JMHO, that is unfair to Newsleuth19 for you to quote him/her then make the comment you did. Not being snarky, just asking legit question and requesting a link.

CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE

CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS

Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT. (a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.
(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested. Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.
(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007.
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

east2west, thank you for asking. But my theory is on ice because it would not be appropriate and I'd be violating some basic rules here that I believe are in place for good reason. It's not original, but I think I can say this much: Murder for hire by someone close to her. IMO MOO 🐄 MOO.
Got it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am wondering if the perp (in the murder case of Terri Bevers)
got "ideas" from, things they read (in the news)
[I know they, got "ideas",
but I am wondering, is that where they got the "ideas", from.]

(i.e., so that when police
looked at the "surveillance camera video",
and 'found' the "pryed doors" (etc.) [When prying the "inside" door, the intent was not to: get inside that room. The intent was, to 'leave' "pry MARKS" - for the police to 'find'],
police might believe [*** trying to get police to believe *** ]...
Possibly "just another" ...)

(I did not "edit" my post in time, so I will add this information, here.):

I would "expect" that this person:
(will) Try to get police to focus their attention on, the "back" of the building.

(Whether or not, that is where the person went in/and out of, the building.)

The reason being:
In most cases of,
"burglar"
they will go in/and out, at the "back" of (house, etc.) (if there is a "back door")

Whether or not this person went in/and out of, the "back" of the building,
I would "expect"
that this person will WANT police to believe that they did.
(or, if they actually did, they WANT police to know this.)

Because,
they are trying to get police to believe,
this was a ('just a'),
"burglar".

(> They are going to try to do some things that a "burglar" might do.)

(And you actually see some of that in this "staged" case.)

- "back" of the building
[They did "something", "back" there. (I have no doubt)]

(And I keep asking this question:
Did the person "put" something (or, leave something),
by a "back door"/"back" of the building?)]

- "break glass"

- "pry open doors]

I know the person "staged" the scene.

But another thing I noticed was:
- They didn't really "know how" to do it
- and, they "overdid" it.

(This was not a case of, vandalism.)

It was a case of:
Person was trying to "stage" the scene,
but didn't know what they were doing. (wasn't very good at it)

[* This is also seen on the surveillance camera video, itself.]

(comes to a door)
I'm gonna' pry it open

(comes to the half-door)
I'm gonna' unlatch it and leave it open

(Trying to "stage" the scene,
on the "inside",
but can't really figure out, how, to do that./ what can I do. hmmm. uhhh)

```````
This person made MANY "mistakes". ...

I remember BB saying Missy's mom was staying with him at the family home. Something about how it took the three of them to do the work Missy did with the children. Does someone have a link to that story? tia eta I think crock pot meals are a wonderful answer for a busy family's supper. Delicious and nutritious. I use mine all the time. I guess MT thought it was less than adequate. idk.

I think crock pot meals are a wonderful answer for a busy family's supper. Delicious and nutritious. I use mine all the time. I guess MT thought it was less than adequate. idk.

rsbm, bbm

Or, the simpler explanation: maybe she wasn't criticizing MB at all, simply pointing out that however busy she was, she took time to make a variety of delicious and nutritious meals.

<modsnip>

I remember BB saying Missy's mom was staying with him at the family home. Something about how it took the three of them to do the work Missy did with the children. Does someone have a link to that story? tia eta I think crock pot meals are a wonderful answer for a busy family's supper. Delicious and nutritious. I use mine all the time. I guess MT thought it was less than adequate. idk.
From People Mag interview:

Mother-in-Law Says Bevers Was 'Tender-Hearted'
Tucker describes her daughter-in-law as "a very caring person. She was tender-hearted; she'd cry if she heard about an animal getting hurt."

As for her life as a mom, "If she wasn't doing her camp stuff, she was running the girls around here and there. They're all in sports, and it's taking three of us to do her job now."

Missy became passionate about getting into shape about two years ago, Tucker says, adding that it was around that time that she became certified as a trainer.

But Tucker has mixed feelings about Camp Gladiator, noting that she doesn't even like to say the name. Asked why, she replies, "I guess because it took so much of her life, and then it took her life."
http://www.people.com/article/texas-fitness-instructor-died-husband-speaks

Missy's mother, who lived two hours away from the Bevers's Midlothian, Texas, home, has moved in with the family. Brandon says he enjoys her company and the comfort she provides. http://www.people.com/article/brandon-bevers-make-wife-proud

east2west, thank you for asking. But my theory is on ice because it would not be appropriate and I'd be violating some basic rules here that I believe are in place for good reason. It's not original, but I think I can say this much: Murder for hire by someone close to her. IMO MOO &#62468; MOO.
Last question. I promise. Motive?

I'll jump off your post if I may. I'm not at a loss...I hadn't seen that comment
but its just more passive aggressive comments from BB's side of the family along with RB's grinning at the shirtgate presser to Missy's MIL's
comments about Missy's communications...none of those comments are attractive. Or loving towards Missy.

Someone way earlier made a post about how grieved BB and his family were at losing Missy and I remember thinking
'I'm not feeling the love'. At all.

They were having problems and Missy was trying - per BB - to make it work. She had 3 reasons to. Their daughters.
I think its really better they stay mum because I don't think their words are coming across like they think they are..

I will say (somewhat) in defense of BB, the thought crossed my mind early on how BB seemed emotionally confused to me and I wondered why.
He was having health problems, Missy was literally thriving. She felt good about herself, was popular, and had many friends and social acquaintances...
they had been having problems so maybe BB was a little jealous. Maybe he felt left out, slighted or forgotten and then add to that
shock when Missy was murdered...and then those text messages. And maybe some anger because his s-mother said he had warned her to
be careful. What a a plethora of mixed emotions he must have been going through.
I was expecting him to show grief at her loss. He was dealing with a lot more emotions than just grief..IMO.

Yes, BB was dealing with a lot more emotions than just grief..IMO too. The whole family is cold if you ask me.. That being said.. it would be overwhelming to have the media dissect every word and sentence that comes out of your mouth RIGHT after you've lost your spouse... but that's me.

Yes, BB was dealing with a lot more emotions than just grief..IMO too. The whole family is cold if you ask me.. That being said.. it would be overwhelming to have the media dissect every word and sentence that comes out of your mouth RIGHT after you've lost your spouse... but that's me.

This along with Kamy's breakdown of all the issues and emotions he was dealing within a short span (and he's taking the lead role in his family) are some of the more insightful on a difficult topic. And the people around him are turning blood-soaked shirts into the dry-cleaner, and saying weird stuff. And the "BB for Perp" campaign is gaining momentum. He's got a ton coming at him. May justice prevail; those that need comforting receive comfort, those who need to be able to forgive find forgiveness in their heart, and whoever brought this great evil onto this extended family receive their just punishment.

I am looking at page 5 of the AT&T Tower Dump SW and it says:

"AFFIDAVIT IN SUPPORT OF EVIDENTIARY SEARCH WARRANT
{Article18.02(10),Texas Code of Criminal Procedure}"

which is not the same as Article 18.01(b) which is referenced in your post on Sealing of Affidavit.

In the LinkedIn SW, it says on page 3:

"YourAffiant is requesting this warrant authorized under Texas Code of Criminal
Procedure Article 18.21, Sec. 5A"

and then also states:

Also, Article 18.011 says "..attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request..." but these SW's were prepared by MPD officers not DA's. Also, there is no defendent in this case, and there are no arrests in this case.

One other problem, and I am reading Texas Article 18.20 Detection, Interception, and Use of Wire, Oral, or Electronic Communications, commonly called wiretaps, is that the rules for the sealing of such orders are quite different. The reason to look at this is how it relates to 18.011(a)(2) - it looks as though wiretaps are excluded and not part of 18.011(b) and not subject to the 31 day rule. So in this case, affidavits that are sealed under 18.011(a)(1) may also be exclusionary of the 31 day rule expressed 18.011(b).

I do not know if any of this matters to the sealing of SW's or parts of SW's in Texas - this post is entirely in the form of a Question???
The only reason I posted the 18.011 was because in the first SW Article, it states what a SW is, and that it is public record if executed unless fall under the 18.011. Those articles listed in the SW tell why they have to have the SW for those particular SW (put in a quote what they are/read). JMHO.. I am not a lawyer so I do not know. I am just reading and trying to understand like everyone else. Maybe a Lawyer can explain for us. ETA : I have no idea if there are any wire taps in this case. Nor do I know, but I do suspect there are possibly SW sealed < JMHO And not every SW that is executed has an arrest prior to. I would venture to say a lot of SW are done gathering or trying to gather evidence to build a case for an arrest. There has to be Probable Cause to get a SW.

page 5 of the AT&T Tower Dump SW & LinkedIn SW, it says on page 3:

Art. 18.02. GROUNDS FOR ISSUANCE (a) A search warrant may be issued to search for and seize:
(10) property or items, except the personal writings by the accused, constituting evidence of an offense or constituting evidence tending to show that a particular person committed an offense;

In the LinkedIn SW, it says on page 3:

"YourAffiant is requesting this warrant authorized under Texas Code of Criminal
Procedure Article 18.21, Sec. 5A"

Art. 18.0215. ACCESS TO CELLULAR TELEPHONE OR OTHER WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE. (a) A peace officer may not search a person's cellular telephone or other wireless communications device, pursuant to a lawful arrest of the person without obtaining a warrant under this article. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
TITLE 1. CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 18. SEARCH WARRANTS

Art. 18.01. SEARCH WARRANT. (a) A "search warrant" is a written order, issued by a magistrate and directed to a peace officer, commanding him to search for any property or thing and to seize the same and bring it before such magistrate or commanding him to search for and photograph a child and to deliver to the magistrate any of the film exposed pursuant to the order.
(b) No search warrant shall issue for any purpose in this state unless sufficient facts are first presented to satisfy the issuing magistrate that probable cause does in fact exist for its issuance. A sworn affidavit setting forth substantial facts establishing probable cause shall be filed in every instance in which a search warrant is requested. Except as provided by Article 18.011, the affidavit is public information if executed, and the magistrate's clerk shall make a copy of the affidavit available for public inspection in the clerk's office during normal business hours.Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007.

I've got a few relatives that would say something like that...lol.

After your murder? And while your grandchildren are suffering this horrific trauma? And all the kids are old enough to read? In a national magazine?

Levity here seems misplaced.

What's wrong with a Crock Pot meal? They're very good and nutritious! Very odd thing for a MIL to say after the brutal murder. To me, sounds like some underlying issues with Missy.

IMHO

This along with Kamy's breakdown of all the issues and emotions he was dealing within a short span (and he's taking the lead role in his family) are some of the more insightful on a difficult topic. And the people around him are turning blood-soaked shirts into the dry-cleaner, and saying weird stuff. And the "BB for Perp" campaign is gaining momentum. He's got a ton coming at him. May justice prevail; those that need comforting receive comfort, those who need to be able to forgive find forgiveness in their heart, and whoever brought this great evil onto this extended family receive their just punishment.

You caused me to have a chuckle, WannaB. When you spoke about family members taking bloody shirts to the dry cleaners....Don't think I will ever understand the thought process there.

IMHO

After your murder? And while your grandchildren are suffering this horrific trauma? And all the kids are old enough to read? In a national magazine?

Levity here seems misplaced.

Making critical comments about a parent, no matter how cushioned in "praise," is damaging to a child's self esteem.

<modsnip>

I never had a negative reaction to anything the MIL said about Missy. She talked about how much MB was loved, and how it takes 3 people to do what MB did by herself. MIL's comments were honoring, were replies to questions asked by a reporter and were not said with forethought of how people on the Internet would try to parse every word.

If she had said nothing at all, an equal number of critics would be suspicious of her silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz