TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does burglary. Common law definition of burglary requires that the structure be a dwelling - a place of habitation, which a church is not.

Texas state law may define burglary more broadly to include any structure where you don't have permission to be.

But the lines get blurred when you factor in that at some point the structure was no longer unoccupied. Plus the perp's outfit could constitute the use of fear and intimidation, which tilt us toward robbery.

Who knows what police would have actually charged perp with, if he had not killed Missy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"PENAL CODE TITLE 7. OFFENSES AGAINST PROPERTY

CHAPTER 30. BURGLARY AND CRIMINAL TRESPASS

Sec. 30.01. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Habitation" means a structure or vehicle that is adapted for the overnight accommodation of persons, and includes:

(A) each separately secured or occupied portion of the structure or vehicle; and
(B) each structure appurtenant to or connected with the structure or vehicle.
(2) "Building" means any enclosed structure intended for use or occupation as a habitation or for some purpose of trade, manufacture, ornament, or use.
(3) "Vehicle" includes any device in, on, or by which any person or property is or may be propelled, moved, or drawn in the normal course of commerce or transportation, except such devices as are classified as "habitation."

Sec. 30.02. BURGLARY. ......"

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.30.htmPENAL

All explained at link. In practice, I have seen inmate records for Texas jails which either read "Burglary" "Burglary/Building" or "Burglary/Habitation".

I suspect all is quiet because LE knows who SP is. They are watching and waiting for SP to make the wrong move and at the same time working on obtaining evidence against SP that will hold up in court.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Highly possible. I also suspect that it took a team of players to plan and kill MB. LE is trying to ascertain who knew what. It's a lot of forensic data to gather and assimilate. IMO there are a lot of dots to connect.

I suspect all is quiet because LE knows who SP is. They are watching and waiting for SP to make the wrong move and at the same time working on obtaining evidence against SP that will hold up in court.

I thought this a month ago. Now I wonder if they have any clue at all.

Thank you arkansasmimi for that post. I had wondered if the classes at the church were a regular event, or only because of the rain. Knowing that she would always be there on Monday morning explains how the perp had time to plan so well. I have been going back through the evidence, and the level of planning is so beyond what a jealous rival would do. The costume, I believe, was sheer genius. It concealed identity, protected from injuries, protected the perp from DNA contamination, and IMO it was a way to gain MB's trust long enough to put her in the exact location the perp needed so as not to be on camera. I believe the staging of the "robbery" was not to mislead LE, but MB. What if the murderer spoke to MB and told her there had been a break-in and told her to hide. We just all assume that if someone was going to murder you they would sneak up.

See this link:

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/residential-building-codes-safety-glass-76289.html

Appears to indicate that doors have to have safety glass regardless of size. Windows, it depends on size and placement. No mention of mirrors... I'll keep looking.

Yes! Sliding glass doors definitely have to be tempered glass. Too easy to walk right into one. Don't want to get cut by a shard!
(1.) I do not know all of the details in regard to all of the damage.
But, knowing what I do (aware of what this person did), logical deduction would be: there was some (burglary "type") damage done.
(Person may have done, too much. i.e.: Went somewhat "overboard" with it.)

(2.) I don't know.

(3.) Surely, this person made sure she was dead, before they left.

I'm with you. What we know - at least what I think we know - is her car was left there and BB has her wedding ring. And I think if any cash or credit/debit cards were stolen we would have heard about it. Anything she had worth anything was left.

Do we know if her phone was stolen?

We know that it wasn't. Per the SW, her phone and iPad were taken by police.

Whew! After watching the newest Brainscratch and seeing the photo comparisons (as well as face comparisons on another site) I have whittled my personal suspect list down to 2 people. (At least today!)

Whew! After watching the newest Brainscratch and seeing the photo comparisons (as well as face comparisons on another site) I have whittled my personal suspect list down to 2 people. (At least today!)

Did he post a new video recently?

I'm with you. What we know - at least what I think we know - is her car was left there and BB has her wedding ring. And I think if any cash or credit/debit cards were stolen we would have heard about it. Anything she had worth anything was left.

Do we know if her phone was stolen?

Neither phone or I-pad stolen. And I suspect there was several hundred+ in audio if this was a typical outdoor workout gig. LE has seen much of SP's movements and commented that a lot of them seemed without purpose; they hung out there for half hour or something like that. Having nothing to carry the loot in and taking nothing. This guy would make finals of the "America's Dumbest Criminals" TV show if he/she was there to steal something. A vandal/strung out kid, possibly. But thieves generally steal something.

Neither phone or I-pad stolen. And I suspect there was several hundred+ in audio if this was a typical outdoor workout gig. LE has seen much of SP's movements and commented that a lot of them seemed without purpose; they hung out there for half hour or something like that. Having nothing to carry the loot in and taking nothing. This guy would make finals of the "America's Dumbest Criminals" TV show if he/she was there to steal something. A vandal/strung out kid, possibly. But thieves generally steal something.

The robbery was interrupted and therefore, aborted. We don't know if they had set anything aside or had something to carry stuff in.

I too think this was a robbery of the church. But I believe the robbery was for something very specific. IMO the SP was looking for money as it very early Monday morning. I believe SP had reason to believe the church leaves it's money received from offerings there overnight and deposits on Monday morning. I think when he could not locate the money, or was startled by MB he panicked. I do believe SP has a tie to this church in some way.

This is a good possibility for the interrupted robbery theory. A parishioner who has been out of work decides to grab the Sunday offering, gets interrupted by MB, and is very afraid of being found out by his community.

I think a better possibility is a 17 year old boy that lives nearby (within walking distance), his father is military or LE and a little too strict on the discipline, the boy may get picked on because he is small, and was just becoming more delinquent. All pure speculation by me.

No property was taken from the church.
No property was taken from MB.
Tools from the church that were used were left behind.
IDK but tools the murderer brought to the scene he also took from the scene.

The murderer went to extremes to leave nothing of himself behind, and attempted to take nothing from the scene to connect him to the crime. That's what I see. JMO a staged burglary, and always was for the purpose of murder of the specific target MB.

Highly possible. I also suspect that it took a team of players to plan and kill MB. LE is trying to ascertain who knew what. It's a lot of forensic data to gather and assimilate. IMO there are a lot of dots to connect.

Agree. But, "team" could have been as few as two......I DO think that swatperp didn't pull this off alone. But I really see a conspiracy. I will be really surprised, if the actual killer was just someone who agreed to kill Missy. Lots of risk involved in breaking into the church, being seen in swat outfit on cameras, etc etc. I think that this murder regardless of "place" was arranged so that "the usual suspects" had guaranteed alibis. We know that BB and RB have "place" alibis......so the killer is not either of them. But that is all we know about any alibis. And we know nothing about who may have been involved in a conspiracy to ELIMINATE Missy. JMO

Are you local? If so, you likely have more candidates than the rest of us. If you're using only the list on the SW, it may be a little limiting.

Well that brain scratch video just confirmed my hinky off the radar suspect I can't shake despite a verified alibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx