TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good observation, and an inconsistency that has bugged me. Addressed it a bit in post 74 of this thread. It seems LE has said two different things. At the first presser, within hours of Missy's murder, Spann answered a reporter's question about if the perp was seen leaving the church. His answer consisted of several choppy, incomplete phrases (like he was thinking on his feet), saying in the jumble that SP was seen walking in the hallway, and that "presumably" Swatperp left the way he'd entered...but also saying they had "no evidence" of his leaving via specific door or window of the church.

At a later presser, LE said in their statement that there was no video of the attack or interaction between SP and Missy, nor was the perp seen on video after the attack.

So somehow we need to reconcile those seemingly conflicting statements, and the only thing I can figure is, Spann simply didn't know the answer when asked that during Q&A hours after she was murdered. But after reviewing the video footage, LE was able to say with more certainty the next time around that SP was "not seen" after the murder.

JMO, up for anyone's interpretation.

ETA: I think I see what you're referencing...Missy walking down the hall 'toward where the perp was' - to me that means she entered by way of the main, front (west) door, and walked down toward the SW vestibule, where she was attacked.

Respectfully BBM. JMHO but we can not reconcile the conflicting statements only MPD can. I guessing we will not know that until after at least an arrest.

I wish I knew if Missy was carrying a firearm. It could change things around as far as a death penalty charge. IF it's a fact the perp staged the scene as a burglary to cover their intent to commit murder, and Missy was carrying a gun, then their defense becomes they killed her because she pulled a gun on them. But then it would have to be someone who knew she carried. Clear as mud? lol

:thinking:
You're right... She has to fear for her life to draw her weapon.

I just have to say.. The minute I walked in to a building that didn't look right... (Open doors, broken glass) My sneakers would be on fire running out of there... Gun or no gun.

SteveS -
(post omitted for space consideration)
:star:
Yes, it does. Appreciate it.

You know, if we had 2 perps *hypothetically*, what better way than have them both entering through the kitchen! Why? Because the kitchen is connected to a function room. Someone had previously posted the pic and I completely missed it. It's on CC FB.

Both enter through the kitchen, one stays behind. If the perp came by a second time and entered that function room - not the kitchen-, we could have had a switchero. Don't know, why a switchero would even be helpful (different heights??), but the killer could have left through the SW doors, and the "other " one could have left 'the same way he came in', through the kitchen. They would have to have communication though. All hypothetical and JMO.

Do I believe we have 2 perps. No. Is it possible? Yes.

-Nin

Respectfully BBM

1) Only place I have seen "shards of glass" is here at WS, where Cannonball and others were speaking of those words. Not from MPD or SW. ** and I am not so sure anymore if the broken glass on the floor was literally around MB, but on the floor maybe in the area of MB. But here is the Official Press Release saying glass was on floor around the female.. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12523272#post12523272 As this was, as was the SW Affidavits, a summary of the events. There was NO broken glass windows at that area where the entrance/exit of building from the Covered Awning area where MB parked her truck. None was boarded up and none shown busted that nights news report from that very area April 18.
Snip Chief Carl Smith, April 18, 2016 Press Conf:

2) JMHO for the Suspect to have propped that door open, 1- when did Suspect do that? First seen on camera at ten til 4 (3:50 am) Was seen coming from the NW area of building at time stamp of 3:58am - walking towards those doors *** DISCLAIMER, we do not know how the edits align up with real time*** So there is NO WAY for us to know when those doors were propped open.

3) Why would CID Captain Spann say they speculated that the Suspect left out the same way came in and went on to say the busted metal door?

Link to Transcription by Galadriel and April 18, 2016 Press Conf Video http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...eline-*NO-DISCUSSION*&p=12592838#post12592838
JMHO

I used "shards of glass around her," because to me, "shards" is interchangeable with "pieces of broken glass," which was said by LE. It has been reported in several places that she was found with broken glass near/around her and it was in one of the press conferences:

"Responding officers observed a lot of broken glass on the floor around Bevers and found evidence of forced entry into the building, Smith said in a news conference Monday afternoon."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-manhunt-suspected-killer-mother-found-dead-texas/story?id=38509190

"The police spokesman says officers arrived to find broken glass and other signs a struggle between Bevers and her alleged assailant."
http://www.people.com/article/fitness-instructor-found-dead-texas-church-suspect-swat-gear

Thank you for answering my question about where the glass might have come from. Seriously good sleuthing, Arkansasmimi!

ETA: I wrote my responses to you before reading the posts between yours, and the one I just posted, so I promise I'm not trying to :poke:

What age is the oldest daughter - I think this is a male teenager in the video. JMO

Yes, I think it's a male teenager/late teens kid. Case looks to be going colder by the day. jmo I don't see how releasing the rest of the SP video could hurt the case. jmo LE has said that SP behaves mostly the same throughout the video. However, I am in awe of what sleuthers have been able to do with just this 2 minute sliver of video. Wish we could see all of it. jmo

IF the murder scene was between those 2 sets of doors .. then LEO were walking through it back and for as they were entering and leaving the building from that area. Personally I just do not think that she was murdered between the inside exit and outside entry area of the Covered Awning area. I do respect to agree to disagree and respect others opinions I just don't see how with what we have to work with that could be there. JMHO

I concur. No disagreement here!

You know, if we had 2 perps *hypothetically*, what better way than have them both entering through the kitchen! Why? Because the kitchen is connected to a function room. Someone had previously posted the pic and I completely missed it. It's on CC FB.

Both enter through the kitchen, one stays behind. If the perp came by a second time and entered that function room - not the kitchen-, we could have had a switchero. Don't know, why a switchero would even be helpful (different heights??), but the killer could have left through the SW doors, and the "other " one could have left 'the same way he came in', through the kitchen. They would have to have communication though. All hypothetical and JMO.

Do I believe we have 2 perps. No. Is it possible? Yes.

-Nin

When I first started following this case, I thought that there was only 1 perp. As time has gone on, I have started leaning more toward the 2 perp theory. However, I have never been able to figure out exactly how the two perp theory works. Did both perps come inside? Was one in the parking lot acting as a lookout? Was one perp let in at the very last minute (thereby SP was merely a decoy and not the killer)? All of my hypothetical scenarios sound even more far-fetched than the one you just described.

Although there are some odd twists and turns in this case, I believe that a sound theory has to be rational and coherent. It needs to tell a story. In that sense, the two perp theory is hanging out in the background (for me) because I can't quite figure out how the movement(s) of the second perp helps tell the story. It did, however, cross my mind that the second perp left out the back doors while the killer left out the SW doors.

There are some days where things seem so clear, and there are other days where I feel more confused than ever.

It's 100% possible that those 4 video snips in that 2:27 LE video were the earliest views of the perp in the building, and in sequence. Or, they could have been randomly selected, and in a random order.

But if the former, then here's how they would line up. I'll use a reference of a clockface (hour hand) for directions, with the N side being at the top (with the kitchen at about 12, then).

1 - in the N side hall, perp goes from 12:15 to about 1 and then back to about 11
2 - having rounded the NW corner unrecorded, perp is now in the W side hall and goes from about 9 down to about 6 as he turns the SW corner
3 - now in the S side hall, he then goes down the hall to about 4:30 (and maybe farther unrecorded) and then turns around and comes back to 5:45 where he enters the auditorium
4 - out of sight, he traverses the auditorium from 5:45 to about 3, then we see him exiting into the E side hall at 3 and dallying there a bit before the camera cuts off

In total, he's almost made a full lap.

Hope that helps.:smile:

that hurt my brain... (But I get it! Im on an ipad, not the best for viewing/following.)

Aren't the video snips of the killer out of order? I'm really confused about the order. I had initially considered the clip of the killer coming out of a door and using the right arm to touch the wall as trying to adjust to that costume. Maybe trying to regain equilibrium/walk with limited peripheral vision and steady his/herself after getting into that head gear, whatever that was. Now, I'm not sure that works.
What's the prevailing supposition of his/her rambling through the halls?

RBBM : IDK. Very early on, I recall a LEO saying that LE really did not know what SP was doing at the church. I sometimes think they still aren't totally sure what he was doing. jmo

BBM this has been nagging me for a while as well. I just was afraid to mention it. I have a few theories but this is the one that I haven't seen mentioned. JMO MHO.

Early on, I posted a theory about a similar scenario. It wouldn't be the first time something like this happened.

I've never been so undecided about a case before. There are many plausible theories out there, I just hope and pray there is a resolution, and justice for Missy.

IMHO

BBM this has been nagging me for a while as well. I just was afraid to mention it. I have a few theories but this is the one that I haven't seen mentioned. JMO MHO.

Regarding if it's a younger perp, one of my theories is concerning a family being broken up. If the perp blamed it on MB. I'm not at all saying I think she is to blame, if that is what happened. But there are a lot of disturbed young people out there these days, and if their family breaks up it can be devastating. Who knows. That said, with the extent and details of the "costume", I have doubts that it is someone that is in their teens, unless they're quite brilliant and very detail oriented. That leads me to believe it's someone older, at least in their twenties or thirties. This also brings to mind the Dawna Natzke case, she was a woman in her forties, that had a thing going with a younger man in his twenties. He found out she had been having a "fling" with another man and went into a rage and they found her body in a pond, her car had been burned to the ground. Though the case has still not gone to trial, there's little doubt that he's guilty as there were witnesses. Jealousy and a propensity to be overly possesive can lead to destructive behavior.
Here's the link to Dawna's thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...age-21-Dec-2011/page23&highlight=dawna+natzke

Idk, I just hope we hear something soon, it's all otherwise just a big guessing game.

ETA: Just to be clear, I wouldn't be saying anything like this if there hadn't already been discoveries in the search warrants indicating there had been extramarital affairs. I hope for her family's sake it's nothing like this at all.

When you look at the one Creekside pic of the genie lift inside the sanctuary, you see the recessed corners and those black double doors adjacent to the wooden color door towards the right. Is it possible, that there is a storage area behind the stage and that that black double door is leading to another separate room and not the hallway? Room # 12?

Those kids rooms are all over the place by the way. They also have 2 nurseries! # 2 and #4:
Snipped for space.

JMHO, I think those are probably storage and or having something to do with the Huge monitors. I do think as I posted with links on 2 prior comments that That room is behind the Sanctuary/Auditorium/Worship Center due to the Ceiling is like that of the Auditorium and not like those in the other rooms. JMHO

And I agree, they use all the rooms it seems as multipurpose rooms (not the offices but other rooms) JMHO 2 and 4 are up in the South West Corner of the building. Those rooms will need specific stuff for the infants and small toddlers (safety and so forth) jmho

And as I said earlier, I think the room with Dutch door is room 21. There is only 1 room like that you can tell the room by the curtain placement on windows. I posted those too. There is 1 photo that I have seen from inside what appears to be Dutch doors. What throws me off is it also looks like there is a window right next to the people. There are many illusions in this dang case lol

I wish I knew if Missy was carrying a firearm. It could change things around as far as a death penalty charge. IF it's a fact the perp staged the scene as a burglary to cover their intent to commit murder, and Missy was carrying a gun, then their defense becomes they killed her because she pulled a gun on them. But then it would have to be someone who knew she carried. Clear as mud? lol

:thinking:
Because of the surveillance video of the suspect prior to MB arriving at the scene I would like to think that playing the self defense card wouldn't hold up. Then again, look at what happened in the OJ case....who knows?!

IMO shards are perceived as multiple smaller tiny pieces.
I've always referred to it as broken glass, per LE. Broken glass could be large pieces, or just one piece of a broken larger area. It covers a lot of meanings. [emoji30]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. I tend to think of shards as larger pieces, perhaps pointed. (At the risk of being melodramatic, one could pick up a pointed shard of glass and use it as a weapon.). Broken glass can, IMHO, include shards, but also can refer to small shattered bits of glass. Perhaps our differences of opinion illustrates why the difference could potentially be Significant.

Aren't the video snips of the killer out of order? I'm really confused about the order. I had initially considered the clip of the killer coming out of a door and using the right arm to touch the wall as trying to adjust to that costume. Maybe trying to regain equilibrium/walk with limited peripheral vision and steady his/herself after getting into that head gear, whatever that was. Now, I'm not sure that works.
What's the prevailing supposition of his/her rambling through the halls?

RBBM : IDK. Very early on, I recall a LEO saying that LE really did not know what SP was doing at the church. I sometimes think they still aren't totally sure what he was doing. jmo

Thanks. I didn't ask my question clearly ---one of those where I knew what I was asking but confusing outside my head!!! I was wanting to know in what direction the killer walked. Where did he/she enter the hallway? Anyway, SteveS gave me a great answer a few posts before.
I posted early on that I thought the killer was intent on making the scene first appear a robbery gone wrong. Leave just enough damage to get LE started down that path. And it worked.....it bought a lot of initial hours to get rid of anything he/she/they needed to and come down from their crime. Whatever anxiety or other atypical behaviors the killer(s) were experiencing could easily be interpreted as a response to the murder - shock, fear, hyper vigilance. I think this botched burglary gave them some initial distance from the murder. And then, we move to is it male or female? Pretty cunning - but not cunning enough. They'll be arrested, sooner or later.

There are probably several rooms behind the wall with the stage in the auditorium. All Churches of Christ have baptismals. You can see it center stage as a recessed area in the wall. There would be at least one room backstage with dressing room(s), waders like fishermen wear, etc. There would be stairs going up to access the baptismal (which has its own set of stairs going down into the water. Water would be about waist deep on an adult. Baptismal is up above stage floor level so congregation can view baptisms.

There could be such rooms to both sides of the baptismal with stairs going in one side and out the other. This is likely in a church of this size to accommodate multiple baptisms.

As arkansasmimi has pointed out, it looks like there are some classrooms on the backside of the stage wall as well. One of the photos she has posted has high black ceiling unlike other classrooms with acoustic tile ceilings.

What's the prevailing supposition of his/her rambling through the halls?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the first part of the clip would definitely be the real first event, because that was the perp's entry point. It does, however, appear sequenced because the perp appears to almost making it around the perimeter.

You're right... She has to fear for her life to draw her weapon.

I just have to say.. The minute I walked in to a building that didn't look right... (Open doors, broken glass) My sneakers would be on fire running out of there... Gun or no gun.

Right and for me this is one more reason to be prepared to protect yourself in any situation. (2nd amendment)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8