TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please correct me if I am wrong. If that area across from SP is, in fact, the hallway leading to the main doors, this picture is the NW corner.... looking south (west would be to the right).

If a person is heading east (walking from the main doors toward the western hallway) and turns left, that person would then be north. What I am wondering is, "Is the camera covering the western/main hallway actually mounted in the NW corner (and not the SW corner as previously thought)?" That would explain MB getting "out of range" as she walked toward the SW doors. It might also provide a much larger blind spot for MB's attack than we previously thought.

ETA - Look at Camera Two's coverage. If you look at where the green stops, quite a bit of hallway at the far end is not picked up because it is "out of range". Are we 100% positive about camera placement? I think that the camera we are seeing in the bottom left of NIN's picture is mounted in the NW corner looking south.
Here's the pic you mentioned.
attachment.php

In the pic above, perp would be standing where marked below.
attachment.php

The opening to the right in the pic/diagram above (more or less across the hall from the perp) is a recessed entry into the auditorium, and is not the main entrance (way too small). Also, in the video that pic was clipped from, the perp keeps walking south and a few frames later at the bottom right you can see the corner where the southside hall begins.

Hope that helps. :)

Attachments

• Cam 2 diag.png
    Cam 2 diag.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 327
attachment.php

attachment.php

The opening to the right in the pic/diagram above (more or less across the hall from the perp) is a recessed entry into the auditorium, and is not the main entrance (way too small). Also, in the video that pic was clipped from, the perp keeps walking south and a few frames later at the bottom right you can see the corner where the southside hall begins.

Ok, and thank you!

The area to the right is actually a recessed area and not the main entrance, which is further down on the left? Is the hall that runs along the southern portion of the building almost immediately after the door on the bottom right? Do you know what the accordion looking thing is on the right wall?

NIN's diagram was extremely helpful in getting my bearings. Now, I am trying to piece together all those images in my mind!

Thank you again.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I know there's a lot of imaginative, creative, intelligent people on this forum and I know that I'm in the minority here, but in my 17 years if LE experience I still believe this to be a burglary gone wrong. I've been to the church and have seen the exterior cameras. One is located in the front of the church pointing to the entrance from the highway and the other is in back.
I'll only go with facts from LE and not topics covered by the media or the internet.
MPD has stated that the suspect's vehicle is seen on camera and parked too far away for license plate identification and they aren't comfortable releasing details of the vehicle. However, they don't say how long the vehicle was in that specific spot.
The suspect was in the church for approximately 15-20 mins before victim arrives. We know that it was raining that night. However, when I look at the video there are no signs of precipitation on the suspect or even where that person has walked.
In my experience and opinion, the suspect parked under the awning where suspect won't get wet and the suspect can easily load something of value into the vehicle. There were no cameras under the awning.
Speculation, again based on experience, the victim arrives and the suspect notices the headlights of victims truck. The suspect goes back to where he/she is parked. The victim also parks under the awning in order to unload the truck with items needed for her fitness class. The victim sees the suspects car (maybe thinks it's an early camper) and proceeds to unload truck. Meanwhile the suspect is possibly "freaking out" thinking that he/she has a witness to the burglary they are committing. Victim enters the church and an altercation occurs which resulted in the murder of the victim.
I know people are hung up on the fact that nothing was reported stolen. When I look at the video I see a church burglary taking place and the suspect casing out the establishment to see what he/she can load into their car and that eventually the suspect was interrupted.
In burglaries of churches and schools I've, on numerous occasions, seen suspects 'casing' the place for sometimes hours (even stopping to eat something from a fridge and use the microwave).
However, I can say that this forum in particular has been very interesting to read through.

Thanks for your contribution. But respectfully, I hope you don't mind me being frank, but that scenario:
a - doesn't even fit the physical evidence that we know (which shows break-in and damage to accomplish it, on the N side of the building rather than the SW),
b - it doesn't fit what the detectives on the scene have determined (and I'm sure, in your "LE experience" you would defer to those who have had the opportunity to personally look at the crime scene as it happened over those who saw none of it),
c - it doesn't make logical sense that MB would see the perp vehicle and enter the building, and
d - if the perp was parked under the awning, how did they enter the SW with no damage to the doors there and not being seen by those cams?

There are far better explanations that better fit the evidence IMO. And it sounds like you are theorizing all this to try to figure out why perp was dry, but there are plenty of better ways to account for that, and I'm sure LE already has. For all we know, there was a huge puddle in the kitchen, and a pile of towels there he used to dry himself after entering.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I know there's a lot of imaginative, creative, intelligent people on this forum and I know that I'm in the minority here, but in my 17 years if LE experience I still believe this to be a burglary gone wrong. I've been to the church and have seen the exterior cameras. One is located in the front of the church pointing to the entrance from the highway and the other is in back.
I'll only go with facts from LE and not topics covered by the media or the internet.
MPD has stated that the suspect's vehicle is seen on camera and parked too far away for license plate identification and they aren't comfortable releasing details of the vehicle. However, they don't say how long the vehicle was in that specific spot.
The suspect was in the church for approximately 15-20 mins before victim arrives. We know that it was raining that night. However, when I look at the video there are no signs of precipitation on the suspect or even where that person has walked.
In my experience and opinion, the suspect parked under the awning where suspect won't get wet and the suspect can easily load something of value into the vehicle. There were no cameras under the awning.
Speculation, again based on experience, the victim arrives and the suspect notices the headlights of victims truck. The suspect goes back to where he/she is parked. The victim also parks under the awning in order to unload the truck with items needed for her fitness class. The victim sees the suspects car (maybe thinks it's an early camper) and proceeds to unload truck. Meanwhile the suspect is possibly "freaking out" thinking that he/she has a witness to the burglary they are committing. Victim enters the church and an altercation occurs which resulted in the murder of the victim.
I know people are hung up on the fact that nothing was reported stolen. When I look at the video I see a church burglary taking place and the suspect casing out the establishment to see what he/she can load into their car and that eventually the suspect was interrupted.
In burglaries of churches and schools I've, on numerous occasions, seen suspects 'casing' the place for sometimes hours (even stopping to eat something from a fridge and use the microwave).
However, I can say that this forum in particular has been very interesting to read through.

Thanks for the insight. All these pages later (and agreed, some interesting possible scenarios laid out if she had in fact been targeted) and I also still think this was a B&E that was interrupted by Missy.

How can the various snippets of info by LE about what was seen after MB entered be reconciled into a single story? Here's my thinking, in diagram form.

I'm guessing (and all of this fits with what we have been told)
* MB entered via the SW doors.
* She went up the main hallway (blue arrows), where she was moving away from the camera
* Lying in wait around one of the corners was perp in one of the locations marked "P."
* He attacked her out of sight of the cams, on one of the paths marked with the red arrows
* As a result she ended up in one of the places marked with a red "X."
* Then perp exited via one of the paths marked with black arrows which are essentially out of vision field of the cams we know, or cams are far enough away where might not have sensed motion and triggered, ultimately to the kitchen door exit, and he went out that door and away.

attachment.php

Are you saying there is a camera at the NW location? LE claims they have video of MB walking towards the camera. Where was she headed?

I agree with you 100%. I might add I think SP was after money specifically. Seeing this was early Monday morning I believe SP had reason to believer that all the money from Sunday's church offerings were still in the building and were to be deposited on Monday later in the day.

Ok, and thank you!

The area to the right is actually a recessed area and not the main entrance, which is further down on the left? Is the hall that runs along the southern portion of the building almost immediately after the door on the bottom right? Do you know what the accordion looking thing is on the right wall?

NIN's diagram was extremely helpful in getting my bearings. Now, I am trying to piece together all those images in my mind!

Thank you again.

Reference pic
attachment.php

The area to the right is actually a recessed area and not the main entrance, which is further down on the left?
Yep
Is the hall that runs along the southern portion of the building almost immediately after the door on the bottom right?
Yep
Do you know what the accordion looking thing is on the right wall?
Nope, sorry - perhaps some sort of wall decor

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice!

-Nin

Thanks for the insight. All these pages later (and agreed, some interesting possible scenarios laid out if she had in fact been targeted) and I also still think this was a B&E that was interrupted by Missy.
Why kill her though, she couldn't identify them!

Isn't the coffee bar covered by the accordion doors? Or am I turned around yet again.

The area to the right is actually a recessed area and not the main entrance, which is further down on the left?
Yep
Is the hall that runs along the southern portion of the building almost immediately after the door on the bottom right?
Yep
Do you know what the accordion looking thing is on the right wall?
Nope, sorry - perhaps some sort of wall decor

RSBM- BBM

That's the 'Holy Grounds', kinda like a coffee (Holy grounds..cool) concession stand. The perp did not try to open that accordeon door btw.

-Nin

RSBM- BBM

That's the 'Holy Grounds', kinda like a coffee (Holy grounds..cool) concession stand. The perp did not try to open that accordeon door btw.

-Nin

Been there before? Might'a looked in there for some spare change if I was robbing the place, right? (just adding that....I don't think for one minute this started out as burglary)

Are you saying there is a camera at the NW location? LE claims they have video of MB walking towards the camera. Where was she headed?

I don't believe LE claims there's video of MB walking TOWARDS the camera, but instead just the opposite. She walked up the main hallway and then cams stopped recording as she got farther away.

I believe she was going someplace she needed to go to prepare for her class, which maybe was being held inside somewhere. But how far up the hallway, to be past cam notice where it stopped? I'm speculating she went at least as far as the blue arrows, but imo it could have been even more, perhaps even all the way up to some part of the halls in the NW corner imo, which I have indicated some of what I think are possible ensuing routes by the red arrows in the diagram.

attachment.php

Why kill her though, she couldn't identify them!

I understand Zwedza (does that mean cross?) theorizes the victim may have seen the perp's car and would be able to id it. How did he know though the outside cams were not working?

-Nin

If SP is an adolescent, who helped him with this crime? [Asked in an inquisitive tone. I have really enjoyed the discussion over the past few days.]

That would be the $25,000 question...but frankly, I'm relieved to say I have no specific person in mind for that older accomplice (who, as mastermind, instigator, and corrupter, would be pure evil). In answer to your question, here is some largely speculative theory:

I juggled a couple theories about accomplice(s) at the outset, but the accomplice-mastermind profile I keep coming back to is an older male, possibly LE-affiliated (or formerly LE), possibly in fitness circles, who is currently involved in illegal drug (and possibly gun) activity. If this older male (OM) is in on this murder with the younger male (YM), it is possible they both have a vested interest in quieting Missy about something illicit she may have discovered (eg. Illegal steroid sales at the gym...which could be just a drop in the bad-cop bucket if this unearths a ring also involved in stolen gun sales).

I can't help suspecting that the reason the TX Rangers and then FBI and ATF got involved so quickly might be that this relates to the current bad-cop investigation in Ellis County. If so, it would certainly explain the almost convoluted vagueness and hush about Missy's manner of death ("puncture wounds" by "unknown instrument" "consistent with tools" etc.) and also that LE will not, even after autopsy, confirm that any one of those tools were the murder weapon, nor that the murder weapon was even left behind. (I think in a plot this thorough that it was not.)

Why did the ATF dogs come back to the CC the day after her autopsy? Did that hushed firearm serial number associated with Missy's murder Monday morning have anything to do with the pawning of stolen guns by bad cop Slaughter who was arrested 3 days earlier? Is Missy's murder related to the current TX Rangers corruption investigation? Is there more bad cop involvement in Ellis County? What other criminal evidence was stolen and sold from the Ellis County property room this past year?

OM (if younger male's trainer and/or supplier) may be in a position to have bribed AND threatened YM into carrying out the murder - by threatening to expose his drug use, or threatening YM's family in some way. OM may also supply (stolen) gun and cash or drugs in payment to carry out murder. YM may have been assured (erroneously) by LE-type OM that he wouldn't get caught, or, if he did, he wouldn't get capital murder thrown at him. YM may also have been willing to carry out the murder if he had a secondary personal grudge against Missy (other than that she might out his drug use), but I think when you're talking capital murder, the odds are greater that more complex motives might be at play.

Gotta go, back later. Thanks for your question - I've enjoyed the discussion, too!

Isn't the coffee bar covered by the accordion doors? Or am I turned around yet again.

RSBM- BBM

-Nin

Ah, ok. I will revise future diagrams accordingly. Thanks to both of you for the info! :)

Someone familiar with the church said it's a coat rack with a hanging coat (in one of the many threads back :/ Don't know which one). I do remember watching the video quite a bit and the "object" never moved. Then they came on and explained the coat rack.
In the middle of a hallway? Just curious.

Been there before? Might'a looked in there for some spare change if I was robbing the place, right? (just adding that....I don't think for one minute this started out as burglary)

Funny you mention it. There is indeed a FB pic (MB FB) of the CG group posing in front of that accordion door for a photo!

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member