TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always assumed this was a private fishing trip with just the two guys. One was a vendor and paying expenses. He would have rented a car so that each day they could get from hotel to the fishing spot. Unless I missed it, there's been no indication that they were going to leave their hotel and sleep on a boat for two nights.
I also seem to recall something about BB experiencing bad weather on his flight that am. Maybe he missed his connection at the airport and had to rent a car to use? Also, if it was a vendor paying for the trip (which I recall BB saying), the vendor is most likely not from Midlothian, that might be the other reason there was a need for a rental car. I do not know the exact location where he flew to, but lots of those smaller type places might not have shuttle service to and from lodging.... JMO

ETA Perhaps the vendor already had a rental car and when BB got the news the vendor said "go ahead take my car and get home" ? again JMO

Hi BatBrat.

I guess what bothers me is that he never mentions going fishing with friends. When he gets to the Oyster House for dinner
he says something like I finally get to eat .... not me and the guys are going to grab s bite at the Oyster House. Never says "we" just says "I" and "my".

on the picture do you see what looks like a foot and leg?

Thanks,
Frogs

Do you have a link for wherever you are reading from? Also, I'm confused. You posted that you do not believe BB is the killer. And police have already stated they verified his alibi and that the family is not the focus of MB's murder investigation. So I'm not quite following your posts on here about BB.

Do you have a link for wherever you are reading from? Also, I'm confused. You posted that you do not believe BB is the killer. And police have already stated they verified his alibi and that the family is not the focus of MB's murder investigation. So I'm not quite following your posts on here about BB.

BB removed posts from his page so I cannot post the pic he had of the Oyster House and the words he actually stated. Maybe a WS member took a screen shot before he took it down and can post.

MrsPC - I am not being snarky as they say - I said BB is not SP.

Here is an article on the Chandeleur Islands - fishing trips.

http://www.gulffishing.com/chandeleurs072.html

Does it bother anyone else that she says "um" a lot? I have never heard someone talk like that. JMO
Seems kinda odd is all.

Yes I definitely picked up on UM maybe she was nervous about giving out too much information or the way she worded things. An interesting thought that LB asked her about BOTH MB and BB were having affairs but she only committed on Missy. And the financial crisis in the family was vague from KS.

However Lisa Bloom didn't seem to mind at all to ask these questions and so glad Lisa stated she was going to keep this case in the media for Missy.

Kudos For Lisa Bloom

Research

BB invited his friends to view info on the Chandeleur Islands fishing trip
http://www.sportfishingmag.com/fishing-chandeleur-islands

SP is not BB. (Let me get that out of the way) :)

I decided to look into this trip since the thread was shut down.
Also, BB says a friend gave him this trip. He never mentions in FB
That he is going with a friends or the guys. I say this for a reason.

I checked at least 12 charters.
Not one leaves out between 5-6am in the morning.
(BB said that first caller caught him at the right time because
he was suppose to be on the leaving between 5-6am)
Islands are 40-50 miles off coast.
they all leave on Monday or Thursday 12:01am.
Trips are two and a half days long.
Boat is like a small hotel
on water with all meals provided.
Must be in groups of no less than 4 (small group like that has to split
a hefty tab)
Most are groups from 8-12 people. If you don't have a group
they put you on a waiting list.

Maybe he was going out with a friend on a private boat but they say
The seas can get very rough.

Just what I found.

Also that morning he spoke with someone that put about a page about their
conversation. (I will not give name) but he said he and his friend had rented a car
and we're on the way back. I looked up rental cars and
Enterprise nor airport locations rent until 8am. With that how can you get
from Biloxi to Shreveport by 11:30am? It is 393 driving miles.

All my opinions. Just sharing.

So the only way to go fishing out of Biloxi is on a 2 1/2 day trip and all 12 charters leave on the same two days at the same exact time? There are no single day fishing trips available?

That seems strange to me. JMO

I agree with you 100% on all of this, including 11frogs' outstanding sleuthing. The rental car sitch is curious.

Especially if monies were tight or an issue with the family. Rental cars are by no means cheap. JMO

GREAT SLEUTHING FROGS & all

But why rent a car if you are going fishing for 2.5 days? It doesn't make sense. Take a shuttle or cab from the airport to the hotel. We should review what BB said about it - I thought his wording indicated that when he heard about MB, he then acquired a rental car, but I am not at all sure.

11frogs - agree great sleuthing! My question has to do with that 12:01am departure time. Seems to me that if the fishing boats leave at 12:01am, then there must be an even earlier guest arrival time, maybe 8:00-10:00pm, because even though it is smaller than a cruise ship (you are required to arrive hours early), there is paperwork to do, rooms assignments, getting settled, mandatory emergency instructions, introductions and tour of boat, last minute problems and mixups - so they want everyone there EARLY, so that they really do depart at 12:01am.

So if fishing trips leave Mondays at 12:01am, why was BB in a hotel sleeping instead of already out to sea at 5:00am? Unless this wasn't a "charter" but a private boat leaving on its own schedule - but the thing is, middle of the day is a bad time to arrive for "fishing" - that's why the charters you found leave in the middle of the night so they arrive in the early morning for good fishing.

RBBM

If this is the case, I do not recall it. However, I have been listening to more BB interviews than I care to admit, and I could not find the part where he talks about returning home. Clearly I am missing something! The information that I am looking for as well as his discussion about the rental car are likely in the same place. If anyone finds this information, would you mind linking back to the interview?

I have always assumed that he rented his car the night before, but that was purely an assumption.

I've always assumed this was a private fishing trip with just the two guys. One was a vendor and paying expenses. He would have rented a car so that each day they could get from hotel to the fishing spot. Unless I missed it, there's been no indication that they were going to leave their hotel and sleep on a boat for two nights.

RBBM

Brandon Bevers said something to the effect it's a good thing that I got the phone call about MB's death when I did because otherwise I would have been inaccessible for a few days. I am sorry, but I do not have a link.

I wonder who paid for BB's fishing trip. Since LE knows, I hope that they follow that money. Money trails and gifts can lead to very interesting revelations in a case like this.

Who went on the trip with BB? I don't recall BB mentioning this in any of his interviews or on his FB account. Originally, it was reported that he went with one of his cousins.

Did BB and/or the host purchase trip insurance for his fishing charter? Was trip insurance normally purchased?

If BB rented the car before he found out about MB's death, I would have loved to interview the associate from the car rental place. Were there plans to take the car out-of-state? How many miles did the driver anticipate putting on the car? These are standard questions that I am asked with every car rental.

Having said all of that, if BB did lie about the specifics of the charter or when he rented the car, why would he do that? Everything else in MB's murder was so carefully planned. It seems crazy to mislead about something so easy to invalidate.

Since we are on the subject of alibis again, I can't shake the notion that LE has turned up something not quite right with either RB or BB's alibi. LE mentioned "independently corroborating" their alibis. They have never said that they were fully verified or that they 100% checked out. It's possible to independently corroborate and find/identify holes in one of their stories.

At times, I feel like I am dissecting what LE has said (or not said) too carefully. However, whenever I read anything LE has said about the Bevers, they have never come close to fully exonerating them. At the last presser, when LE took the time to talk about some of the (social) media scrutiny on BB and RB, LE could only make a half-hearted statement about their (non)involvement. They started by saying that in light of all of the scrutiny that BB/RB were receiving that they wanted to assure people that their alibis had been "independently corroborated." LE could have stopped there, and my impression would have been that everything checked out. However, LE kept going. They proceeded to say that no one was currently a suspect (very interesting after making sure that the listeners knew the difference between a POI and a suspect). If LE thinks a POI and a suspect are synonymous and could be used interchangeably, why did LE take the time to make the distinction between a POI and a suspect? Last but not least, after trying to ease the public's mind about RB/BB, LE ends with, "I will stop short of saying that any person is absolutely excluded." It seems curious to me that LE starts a conversation with the intention of reassuring people about RB and/or BB's possible involvement and before they have even finished addressing the matter that they are already hedging their comments. I may be reading too much into LE's words, I know.

Great work, Frogs!

In my opinion an "independently corroborated" alibi is the same as a "verified" alibi. I don't think that LE would say that someone's alibi was corroborated unless they did a thorough job in checking it out.

In my opinion an "independently corroborated" alibi is the same as a "verified" alibi. I don't think that LE would say that someone's alibi was corroborated unless they did a thorough job in checking it out.

I agree with this to an extent. "Independently corroborated" does mean "verified." However, "independently corroborated" doesn't necessarily mean 100% accurate or that the alibi explains the full movement of a POI. "Independently corroborated" leaves the door open for LE to come back at some later point in time and say that they found some inconsistencies or holes that didn't add up. JMO It doesn't mean that LE will come back and say that, but they can without backtracking on a previous statement.

IMO it's all about wordsmithing.

So the only way to go fishing out of Biloxi is on a 2 1/2 day trip and all 12 charters leave on the same two days at the same exact time? There are no single day fishing trips available?

I think it sounds strange until you read about the unpredictable nature of the area they are going to. They probably do this for two reasons: one safety in numbers as they are going a long distance off shore and two
as they say to get the guys/gals on the water in early AM. You can check it out as well - all of them leave at 12:01am Monday or Thursday. (not being snarky)

A few posts back WS members were talking about the doors leading to the covered awning where MB parked.

Questions were:
1)Why was the door propped open?
2)What's in the background? (Member: Wheelchair)
Some discussion was made for a bit and then it was dropped.

GRAPHIC

So I decided to take another look and use some filters to see if I could see a shadow of a person and much to my surprise I am now wondering what I am seeing at the bottom of the door. If it is what I think it is then SP is not turning to look at the Holy Grounds sign but is looking away so he doesn't see her. Maybe it is just what I am seeing but others have better programs than Photoshop so maybe you could take a look. I know this doesn't fit into the time line - so there is that...but it makes me wonder.
attachment.php

Now I see the 'foot and black clad leg' If you see the light colored object near the bottom of the open door, you can see what appears to be a black covered leg. Probably just a trick of the light but interesting.

I am guessing that Frogs was just looking at trips BB may have been on. BB was going on a multi-day trip. He said something to the effect of it's a good thing that I found about Missy's death when I did because if it had been just a little bit later I would have been inaccessible for a few days.

GA_PEACH, I agree with your post above. It is well thought out and written. Thank you for bringing each of what I call loose ends together to point out what is not being said by LE.

I believe LE has cautiously measured each word used and how it is phrased in giving us any information. Your examples are spot on! To the general public, their information has satisfied that "interest and need to know" inquisitive nature. However, to we sleuthers, it has piqued our interests, and alerted our awareness to keep digging, there is more to the story.

My antennas went up on learning that both husband and in-laws were out of town. Up to this point, nothing has squashed those feelings. This fact is too convenient, too coincidental in my line of thinking. The hang up on arrests is tying the person who arranged it to the actual murderer! JMO!

The term independently corroborated means (to me at least) without control and influence, without outside help, to confirm or give support (verify, endorse, validate). Most likely they have CC footage of BB and RB that confirms dates and times. I am not suggesting they are in no way involved, I just feel too much time is spent trying to twist BB and RB into the SP role. MOO

There many many different types of charters available in the Biloxi area.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...ie=UTF-8#q=1+day+fishing+charters+from+biloxi

Yes there are many charters available, but the ones to the Chandeleur Islands are more involved. These islands are 40-50 miles off the coast. You should look them up as they make for some interesting reading. They used to be 75 miles long and now they are sadly down to 11 miles long. They say they wont be around much longer due to hurricanes. :)

Here's the link to the transcript from last night's Dr. Drew:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1607/06/ddhln.01.html

Heeeey, they left out my "um"s! I bet that makes it a lot easier to read, though.

Does it bother anyone else that she says "um" a lot? I have never heard someone talk like that. JMO
Seems kinda odd is all.

It could go either way. Deceptive people often have breaks in their speech (she had several pauses in her responses) and show awareness of scrutiny in their answers. You'll see a lot of "um"s, "well"s and "you know"s in their answers. I would be more suspicious if this was an interview with someone who didn't want to be interviewed (as in an LE interview), than here. KS has admitted openly that she is interested in such shows and doesn't seem hesitant about being interviewed. I think she was just trying to choose her words very, very carefully.
Plus, I've seen many depo and court transcripts where witnesses who were not prepped by an attorney beforehand said "um" with equal frequency. Standing alone, I don't think it's indicative of deception.

I don't know about that location, but when I researched charters out of Galveston (TX) two years ago most were day trips and it seemed all the ones I looked into left early in the morning. They had different locations depending on what you wanted to catch, bay, deep etc. I would think if it involved a vendor and business the charter would be even more accommodating to their clientele.

BB wasn't just fishing out of Biloxi, he was going to fish off Chandeleur Islands. You have to review those charters and they are all at least 2 days and depart at midnight. I'm not sure where I read him saying that but I had not heard of it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste