TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MT shared that BB's charter was delayed a day. Could BB have been scheduled to leave at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, the day of MB's death, but instead his trip was delayed until 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday? I always thought that BB said that he would he was getting ready to depart on the charter when he got the news (meaning he was leaving around 6:00 a.m.), but upon listening back to the Richard Ray interview, that is not what he said. He said that if he had been on the ship that he would not have gotten the news for a couple of days. I wonder if his charter was supposed to arrive at the Chandeleur Islands around 6:00 a.m. on Monday.

That is actually not what I meant. I am sorry that I was not more clear. I will try my best to take the picture 11frogs uploaded and circle the area that I am referencing. Unfortunately, photo editing is not my strong point.

I was referring to this:

attachment.php

Attachments

• church door post3.jpg
    church door post3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 342
Last night I posted that no one here knows any details of the fishing trip but that I am 100% sure that LE interviewed the charter boat Captain, employees of the hotel and restaurant and know the schedule of the fishing trip, the times of arrival and departure from the hotel as well as the time of the car rental, etc. I also mentioned that I would bet that BB was captured on surveillance video during certain times doing certain actions which make it impossible for him to have been at the scene of the murder. This was in response to all the charter boat and car rental sleuthing.

I also posted that since LE unequivocally stated that BB's alibi was verified through independent sources and that although it may be fun to twist the little bits of information available to try to discern his every move, it really does unfairly cast suspicion on BB who is a victim of this crime.
My post disappeared. But, what I posted is still true. We do not know the details of his fishing trip and speculation which casts suspicion on him is unfair.

BTW - LE said 'verified". The term is not synonymous with 'corroborate'. "Verified", at least according to Black's which is the dictionary used in legal matters, means to prove, confirm or establish the truth. "Verify" means '(i)n very truth; beyond doubt or question; in truth; certainly; truly; confidently; really"

"Corroborate" means "(to) strengthen; to add weight or credibility to a thing by additional and confirming facts or evidence . ."

These 2 words have specific meanings, are not interchangeable, and we can not just substitute one for the other without changing the meaning of the statement.

Therefore when LE stated that the alibi was verified they stated that the alibi given was in fact the truth.

This should be sufficient to stop all speculation which unreasonably casts doubt and suspicion on BB's activity on Sunday night and Monday morning.

RBBM

Would you mind sharing where LE said that BB's alibi has been verified? I don't recall seeing that although it is quite possible that I missed it. In fact, I have been aware of the apparent absence of the word verified. I agree that corroborated and verified are not synonymous, and it's why I find it peculiar that LE said "corroborated through independent sources" in the May 20 presser.

Link to May 20 presser. See paragraph 3 for "corroborated through independent sources."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-27&p=12624824#post12624824

TeaTime, I 100% agree with your assessment about the difference between corroborating and verifying an alibi. Like you alluded to in your post, it's not an insignificant distinction. That's why I would like to know if LE has ever said they verified RB/BB alibi.

Hello everyone, Aqua here. This is only my second or third post, I've been a lurker for many years but joined because of this case. You guys are doing such a great job and giving so many new ideas to think about! This case seriously is driving me nuts, every day I hope for an arrest. I wanted to share what I think - this is my opinion only and I haven't done the hard work many of you have done but I'm getting the benefits of it. I feel like this could be a murder for hire. Some people here have said SP must live nearby. If we consider for a moment that maybe SP does not live nearby, and the fact that so many experts say she was targeted, and the fact that this person has gotten away with it so far...! When we first started at the beginning looking at maps it bothered me that there is a little airport not far from that church. A professional would have a getaway. Maybe the reason none of us can tell for sure whether it's male or female is because SP is a very, very weird person. And you'd have to be if you did murders for hire. Also the rumor that the killer had recorded the act would fit this theory. I just couldn't keep quiet today and wanted to join you all - my opinion only and no offense or snark.

I was referring to this:

attachment.php

Thank you. I was specifically referring to the area inside the oval. The area on the left side of the oval is where I see the grout lines disappearing while the tile continues for a bit. The right side of the oval (the area inside the vestibule) looks like entirely different flooring to me.

Last night I posted that no one here knows any details of the fishing trip but that I am 100% sure that LE interviewed the charter boat Captain, employees of the hotel and restaurant and know the schedule of the fishing trip, the times of arrival and departure from the hotel as well as the time of the car rental, etc. I also mentioned that I would bet that BB was captured on surveillance video during certain times doing certain actions which make it impossible for him to have been at the scene of the murder. This was in response to all the charter boat and car rental sleuthing.

I also posted that since LE unequivocally stated that BB's alibi was verified through independent sources and that although it may be fun to twist the little bits of information available to try to discern his every move, it really does unfairly cast suspicion on BB who is a victim of this crime.
My post disappeared. But, what I posted is still true. We do not know the details of his fishing trip and speculation which casts suspicion on him is unfair.

BTW - LE said 'verified". The term is not synonymous with 'corroborate'. "Verified", at least according to Black's which is the dictionary used in legal matters, means to prove, confirm or establish the truth. "Verify" means '(i)n very truth; beyond doubt or question; in truth; certainly; truly; confidently; really"

"Corroborate" means "(to) strengthen; to add weight or credibility to a thing by additional and confirming facts or evidence . ."

These 2 words have specific meanings, are not interchangeable, and we can not just substitute one for the other without changing the meaning of the statement.

Therefore when LE stated that the alibi was verified they stated that the alibi given was in fact the truth.

This should be sufficient to stop all speculation which unreasonably casts doubt and suspicion on BB's activity on Sunday night and Monday morning.

People are going to sleuth the husband. That isn't going to stop. Like you, I don't think he's involved. But nothing wrong with sleuthing to match up his statements with other information.

Posts don't disappear, they get deleted and it would be for violating the rules. Check with a mod for details as to why yours might have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I thought for sure that in the first three weeks, they were just waiting to get some testing back," Missy's mother-in-law, Marsha Tucker, tells PEOPLE. "I was very disappointed when I realized they have no clue – I absolutely fell apart. I was furious, more or less."

Midlothian Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson, meanwhile, says that while there's "nothing new" to report at the moment, the case is far from being stalled.

"Our guys aren't getting murders by the week," he tells PEOPLE, describing the quiet suburb of Dallas. "If we need to spend the time on it for months to come, we have the people to work on it for months to come."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21016858,00.html

I'm wondering if we should discontinue the Verified vs. Corroborated talk for awhile. I'm afraid the mods are going to shut it down and get frustrated like they did with the shards/pieces of glass debates. JMO :blushing:

Per Tricia: (snipped and bbm)
Disrupting the thread could be anything from hitting the alert button over and over on posts that do not
violate our TOS, to trying to disrupt members who are discussing a scenario that you disagree with, to arguing over something so minor that it makes me want to rip my eyeballs out of my head in frustration.

Here is an example: No more arguments over "shards of glass" VS "broken glass" LE referenced.

No outright accusations against specific individuals but very general broad speculation or theorizing will be allowed.

MT shared that BB's charter was delayed a day. Could BB have been scheduled to leave at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, the day of MB's death, but instead his trip was delayed until 12:01 a.m. on Tuesday? I always thought that BB said that he would he was getting ready to depart on the charter when he got the news (meaning he was leaving around 6:00 a.m.), but upon listening back to the Richard Ray interview, that is not what he said. He said that if he had been on the ship that he would not have gotten the news for a couple of days. I wonder if his charter was supposed to arrive at the Chandeleur Islands around 6:00 a.m. on Monday.
Now that makes sense, good catch. BB's flight out was delayed due to the extreme weather, and he was texting/FB'g about that while stuck at the airport (DFW?). Perhaps he was originally to arrive at Biloxi Sunday evening, and go straight to the boat which would leave 12:01AM Monday. But that makes sense that the same bad weather that delayed flights all over the region would have delayed the fishing trip until 12:01AM Tuesday start time, forcing BB into a hotel room for the first night. Using that one link that offers 2-day and 3-day trips to the Chandeleur Islands, the personnel have to have time to refuel-restock-clean and they have to have time off, too. So the schedules of the specific boats would have those days built-in to allow for weather delays (eg, 3-day trip, 1-day off, 2-day trip, 1-day off, etc.). The hotels in Biloxi are probably full on Friday-Saturday nights for weekend visitors, but a room on a Sunday night is likely available without a reservation. Makes sense! Thanks.

I'm wondering if we should discontinue the Verified vs. Corroborated talk for awhile. I'm afraid the mods are going to shut it down and get frustrated like they did with the shards/pieces of glass debates. JMO :blushing:

Per Tricia: (snipped and bbm)

Yes, I think it would be good for all of us to keep in mind that LE (or anyone else being quoted) isn't laboring over every word they choose, looking up dictionary definitions.

Thank you. I was specifically referring to the area inside the oval. The area on the left side of the oval is where I see the grout lines disappearing while the tile continues for a bit. The right side of the oval (the area inside the vestibule) looks like entirely different flooring to me.
Imo I think it is a rug. Many businesses will have a rug to step on while entering into the vestibule from the outside. The rug collects the rain and snow and helps prevent the floors from becoming a slippery, dirty mess. Jmo

No body part, clearly interrupted here:
attachment.php

Again, any fiddeling with the video on LE's side would be tampering with evidence. And I do not want to go there at all. We have zero evidence to believe in any conspiracy.

-Nin

Definitely not saying that at all. Not even going there.
Just thought it was odd that it showed up when I put the filters on. I in no way retouched these photos - just put on filters.
I think what you are pointing to is the edge of the other door. JMO. Still don't know what I am seeing there - its there that's all I can say about it.

Imo I think it is a rug. Many businesses will have a rug to step on while entering into the vestibule from the outside. The rug collects the rain and snow and helps prevent the floors from becoming a slippery, dirty mess. Jmo

Copied from post #257 see attached:

Posted by MPD on Friday, April 15th

Shows MPD gear (vests, uniform, helmets etc.)

[video=youtube;3_GXmthIFGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_GXmthIFGE[/video]

Clearly, perp did not need shin-guards to look like PD member (video). In my opinion the shin-guards served several purposes:

• Protection in case of altercation - any altercation
  • Protection from possible injury during break-in
  • Possibly using shin-guards to make oversized (length) BDU type pants wearable
  • Make legs appear more muscular (tugged in pants etc.)

-Nin

What I want to know, and maybe it's been discussed already, but why is there a wheelchair there??

Clearly, perp did not need shin-guards to look like PD member (video). In my opinion the shin-guards served several purposes:

-Nin

Or maybe because they have some kind of leg injury and if missy saw that and tried to use it against SP, that SP wouldn't get away with murder...

-Nin

Perp might have also bought the outfit as a set, with shin guards included in the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member