TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://halfshelloysterhouse.com/index.php/locations/biloxi-ms-location

Batbrat, DeDee posted this the other day. I believe there may be other Half Shell oysters. But the one above is in Biloxi.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I know BatBrat, DeDee, and x_files are about to drive me nuts on this, lol

What reason would you have to post stock photos instead of your original ones? I'm biting my lip over this, someone save "meh" 😉 I want answers!

Thanks to all the work put into this‼️

JMO 🐮

Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline
from the boot camp members that were arriving there –– again, we know
the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around
4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's
walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but
when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion,
and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have
no video of the assault actually taking place. "

If Batbrat's placement of cameras is correct, Captain Spann's description supports theory that she entered the PC doors not the front entrance.

Oddly, that's not my interpretation of his description. I read that as she entered in the main entrance, walked down the hallway toward the sw corner (PC area) where the cameras are placed, into the camera blind spot (when they shut off). Here's a detailed diagram of the blind spot, using the floor tile count:

attachment.php

Attachments

• blindspot.jpg
    blindspot.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 283
I don't have the picture right now, but I thought the cameras were in the SW corner? To me that supports the theory of coming in the W door, not PC. If she comes in the PC door, the cameras should see her as she starts walking down the hall and 'out of range' would be at the farther end of the hall, unless I am translating something in the statement or camera placement incorrectly.

If Batbrat's camera placement is correct, there is no camera that will pick up someone entering through the front doors.

Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline
from the boot camp members that were arriving there –– again, we know
the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around
4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's
walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but
when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion,
and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have
no video of the assault actually taking place. "

If Batbrat's placement of cameras is correct, Captain Spann's description supports theory that she entered the PC doors not the front entrance.

She had to have come in the W or main entrance in order for a camera to pick up on her walking towards the SW corner ('the vicinity of where we located her') if she came in the PC way, she would not have time to be on camera walking and why would Spann say that if she was already IN the SW corner where she was found?

I know BatBrat, DeDee, and x_files are about to drive me nuts on this, lol

What reason would you have to post stock photos instead of your original ones? I'm biting my lip over this, someone save "meh" 😉 I want answers!

Thanks to all the work put into this‼️

JMO 🐮
I'm not totally sure so this is a guess. If your location button is on, and you share a place where u are, a stock picture of that place comes up.

I'm not totally sure so this is a guess. If your location button is on, and you share a place where u are, a stock picture of that place is put on FB. Could be he never saw it.

If Batbrat's camera placement is correct, there is no camera that will pick up someone entering through the front doors.

The perp was on camera near the bulletin board, it shows that hallway which is the one Missy would have been walking down toward the SW corner which is right where bulletin board is.

MB would have been picked up when she turned the corner and would have been seen walking down the hallway.

The SW camera pointing down the west hallway would pick her up as soon as she was inside the main doors and in the hall. It would continue to record her movement as she headed to the PC door area, until she was almost underneath the camera and out of its field of view.

The SW camera pointing down the west hallway would pick her up as soon as she was inside the main doors and in the hall. It would continue to record her movement as she headed to the PC door area, until she was almost underneath the camera and out of its field of view.

And it was stated that the attack was not caught on camera, so it must have been where she was found which is a blind spot off camera in the SW corner of the building. It may have been Nancy Grace that mentioned she was in 'plain view' but I am still searching for where one of the campers who found her said what they saw on the floor could have been a rolled up rug.

Ah, so we can say there isn't a "shard" of evidence she was in plain view? Kidding!

:clap:

But really, I think the most specific narrative of MB being found was in Spann's comments in that first press conference. It isn't very specific, but here is what he said as quoted by WFAA:

"She was actually found by one of the boot camp participants who got there a little bit early and waited outside for a while until others got there," Spann said. "They went in the building where they located her"

So this wording may not completely rule out her being seen from outside, but it sure doesn't rule it in either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that clarifies it a lot.

Ok, I am on the hunt for where the first campers came upon the scene and saw what they thought was a rolled up rug through the glass doors near where Missy's truck was parked and it turned out to be Missy's body. I know I saw it mentioned more than once here on WS. If anybody here who has been following closely can help me find this info it would be helpful! I have read every thread since the first so I will try to go back and find it!!

Looks like it actually originated with you, just as speculation. Refer to your post in thread 30 at 11:24 pm. I'm on my phone and all I can do is SS it, with the relevant portion being the last 4 or 5 lines:

457d2505227e39610fd5ddb0ef1174e0.png

So you throw it out there as a what if, and nothing wrong with that. Then someone says "campers stated that..." And then a million discussions later, you don't remember that it was you that suggested it to start with! LOL!

Honestly it's the kind of thing that happens to us all. Like I said, it's a real challenge keeping straight what we know and what we just think we know.

I did make the comment on an earlier thread with regards to the campers who found Missy stating that at first what they saw on the floor in the church looked like it could have been a 'rolled up rug.' However, I got that phrase from another poster (or maybe even Nancy Grace) it was not something that I created on my own. I've tried searching again, no luck. And now I wonder if maybe somebody stated that and the post was removed during one of the frenzies? In any case, it really made me think that the campers could see her through the glass doors after hearing/seeing someone make that statement. Up until that point, I had not considered that Missy could have been visible through the doors to arriving campers. It was a turning point in my mind and confirmed the SW area as to where she was found.

We all have our theories. But we do know she was found somewhere, dead, and perp left the building. And not trying to be dismissive, because i like to wade through the minutiae as much as anyone, but I am reminded that the identity of the perp and his location and motive and anything we can do to help all lie outside the building, really, and we're merely debating details that LE has known with certainty since day 1 and that really don't change anything towards finding the murderer if we figure them out.

Bat, you are absolutely correct! I stand corrected. I owe you one. Thank you! Thank you also for measuring the object. Interesting he had a prybar that size and yet did not pry open the door next to the bulletin board. He did not even try. That tapping with the hammer, did he just want to create "pry marks" ? Staging?

-Nin

About that door sequence--it almost looks like SP was tapping against the strike plate, so perhaps not trying to pry door open, but to keep door from being opened by bending strike plate toward the door? SP does not try to open door after the tapping, though the video does have a blip at that point, so hard to tell exactly. I have no theory why SP would want that door inoperable, though.

We all have our theories. But we do know she was found somewhere, dead, and perp left the building. And not trying to be dismissive, because i like to wade through the minutiae as much as anyone, but I am reminded that the identity of the perp and his location and motive and anything we can do to help all lie outside the building, really, and we're merely debating details that LE has known with certainty since day 1 and that really don't change anything towards finding the murderer if we figure them out.

I agree with your sentiments, mostly. I will say that whether or not LE knows these things with certainty is debatable; it's hard to know what they know, when they aren't telling us much.

There is a saying that has two versions: the devil is in the details, goes one version. The other one says that God is in the details. I think sometimes one is true and sometimes they both are.

I believe that getting into the minutiae is worthwhile as long as we keep our facts straight. We keep digging because sometimes it's the most insignificant things that lead to the biggest breaks.

I was a big fan of the TV show Lost, and it had/has a great Wikipedia-style site called Lostpedia where all the details were catalogued.

I wish we had a Missypedia. If someone has the technical expertise to do it, it would be great. I used to be a technical writer in the early Internet days and could have taken a run at it; now I'm in Sales, so in other words I'm pretty useless (kidding).

FYI - the "rolled up rug" comment about the campers seeing her through the doors originated from a FB group, not here on WS. I know this because I asked this poster several questions. Her co-workers relative was one of the people who supposedly found Missy. The last question I asked her was exactly where they located Missy's body in the building and she never responded. That particular group has since been deleted from FB so I cannot provide any proof other than my own eyes. Not that it matters since FB has to stay on FB. [emoji4][emoji6]

If you're not working on that particular aspect, then no - the minutiae of the building layout and surveillance video analysis won't help you identify someone. But some of us are working on that aspect, and exploring/eliminating scenarios based on that info. There is a possibility people can be identified or eliminated based on the minutiae of exploring the building layout to compare it to the video evidence. For a start, we're trying to help clarify for others such details as:

• why it's unlikely there are multiple SPs
• why it's unlikely the murder was captured by surveillance cameras despite occurring directly under them
• how SP may have (but didn't necessarily have) prior knowledge of the camera locations
• why it's unlikely SP disabled the camera(s)
• what LE's mention of "struggle" and "clean-up" might mean in context of the building layout vs any knowledge of a time window.

All of these details seem completely unimportant, but they can lead toward or away from specific persons of interest. We can determine if they acted alone, whether they were unconcerned about being identified by the cameras, if they may have had knowledge of a time window, if they felt evidence could link them to the crime, etc.

Yes, LE probably has all of that. But if we're just going to dismiss any explorations here by saying "LE has it all in hand", why have a WS forum to discuss such things? And further, if you believe LE has it all in hand and WSer's contributions aren't really worth posting, why come here at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member