TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question is also, who gave her a key, when and why. She was not a church-member, but a "friend". Whose friend?

I expect she had permission and cooperation of the church, re her class, and that her means of access was provided via official channels. Anything else really makes no sense. She was there regularly.

I just don't get how her body could be in plain view of the campers, but not be picked up by the cameras (IIRC, LE said that the attack was not caught on tape). IMO, that may mean that SP killed her off camera or out of view (maybe in front of the bathrooms), then dragged her body over to where she would be seen. Unless one of the map prodigies here could find a place where she would be both "in plain view" of the campers AND not on tape. If the former is correct, why drag MB? Also, IIRC, LE said there were indications of clean-up by SP. Why would SP bother to do that with all of the rest of the pre-homicide prep? Just puzzling all around.

We briefly covered this in an earlier thread. There is an area just inside the PC vestibule doors that is a camera blind spot roughly 6ft x 10ft in size. Just adjacent to that, still in the blind spot, we believe there is a hallway that leads to the restrooms, which would extend the open area under the blind spot another few feet at least. So from the vestibule doorway area (perhaps even from outside) you can see that entire approximately 10ft x 10ft camera blind spot. If it's dark outside and the lights are on inside, anything in that area would be "in plain view", in my opinion.

Others have speculated that she may have actually been found in the vestibule (another camera blind spot), or even out under the patio awning. It was reported there was a struggle, and that broken glass was found around her. So that makes me think she was found indoors in the camera's blind spot and the glass found might have been the glass table we can see in the video.

Not covered:

attachment.php

Source:
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/midlothian-church-raw_Dallas-Fort-Worth-376091081.html

Imagine it dark, early morning and a thunderstorm, pretty frightening.

I would be amazed if there were more than one perp! This was very "practiced" imo......right down to the wire! jmo

Same! Why'd you risk getting "ratted out" by another perpetrator?

And I still think the SwatPerp is seen walking "back" down the hallway where they appear to stagger.

Targeted and was very familiar with the church and Missy's schedule. Still waiting for more leads from LEO if public help is needed, knowing they can not jeopardize the case but a bit more to discuss and sleuth certainly wouldn't hurt.

Thanks

JMO 🐮

Can you provide a link for this statement: " Campers stated they looked in the window and thought they saw a rolled up rug but it turns out it was Missy's body." ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not factual afaik. Someone's sloppiness with the case imo.

Also, I don't this other idea is based on evidence either >> "I just don't get how her body could be in plain view of the campers" .....I think that supposed "fact" (that she was in plain view of the campers) derives from speculation to fit one theory or another, but not at all what LE has said. IMO we've fallen into the old "telephone" game here, where one day's broad and wild speculation to fit a theory later get quote as fact.

The question is also, who gave her a key, when and why. She was not a church-member, but a "friend". Whose friend?

-Nin

We were told( I do not remember who said what now) that Missy had a key to have access to bathrooms .
It makes sense. It was also said that even if they worked out outside, which was the common practice, the doors or door was still unlocked to give access to the facilities

Maybe if you do a search, it will come up

hello everyone. I have been reading comments a while, but just became a registered user.
Can someone point me to where I can find the video with the "green man?"

Yes, that's where I was going with the question. We have to work really hard to separate fact from hearsay in this case, or this could be an example of something accepted as true when it isn't.

I don't know what the steps are in becoming a verified insider, but if someone could become verified and then give us info like this, it would be helpful.

I have read about it and am curious to see if my opinion changes upon watching it.
I first thought SP was a woman and now I'm leaning toward man.

We briefly covered this in an earlier thread. There is an area just inside the PC vestibule doors that is a camera blind spot roughly 6ft x 10ft in size. Just adjacent to that, still in the blind spot, we believe there is a hallway that leads to the restrooms, which would extend the open area under the blind spot another few feet at least. So from the vestibule doorway area (perhaps even from outside) you can see that entire approximately 10ft x 10ft camera blind spot. If it's dark outside and the lights are on inside, anything in that area would be "in plain view", in my opinion.

Others have speculated that she may have actually been found in the vestibule (another camera blind spot), or even out under the patio awning. It was reported there was a struggle, and that broken glass was found around her. So that makes me think she was found indoors in the camera's blind spot and the glass found might have been the glass table we can see in the video.

Thanks, Batbrat! Sorry to rehash what was already discussed. I gave up trying to read through older threads, so that I could keep up with the current discussion. Maybe this weekend I'll take a little time to read through the thread histories.

You said others had speculated that she was found under the awning. LE stated in SW that she was found in "the SW corner of the interior of the building." The awning is not the interior, so I think that can be eliminated.

Because the PC area was where she was setting up. Why park at the front, walk through the building to unlock, then back again to get back in the truck and drive around to the PC? Extra, unnecessary driving steps. And as far as leaving the truck parked out front, there's no awning over the main entrance to protect any electronics. Even if there was, why lug all the equipment from the main door area, through the building, to set up in the PC area? It makes perfect sense to park under cover of the PC where you're setting up, walk around to unlock the doors, then unload.

As far those concerned what the weather was like - oddly, some humans are not afraid of raindrops. I know this may sound bizarre, but it's just water. If you're dressed in workout clothing and you're going to be covered in sweat shortly anyway, I don't see anything unusual about walking around the outside of the building in the rain. I walk in the rain all the time. I notice lots of people seem freaked out by it, though. I've seen people actually panic and hurt themselves trying to avoid rain. Just seems odd. X)

So why assume that she entered through the front doors rather than the PC doors?

Also, I don't this other idea is based on evidence either >> "I just don't get how her body could be in plain view of the campers" .....I think that supposed "fact" (that she was in plain view of the campers) derives from speculation to fit one theory or another, but not at all what LE has said. IMO we've fallen into the old "telephone" game here, where one day's broad and wild speculation to fit a theory later get quote as fact.

I was quoting someone else's comment that she was "in plain view," I was not stating it as fact, and my response contemplates how that would be possible if the attack was not caught on tape.

I think she was. I believe there was only one key that opened the 'front' door and that Missy had to travel down the hallway to the SW corner of the building where she was no longer seen on camera again (and murdered just outside of camera view.)
-snipped-

Why do you believe she had a key that only opened the front door?

I agree that this is very hazy. To me, "main" is W. But it's really hard for me to say that they have an awning. So I have to pick something that doesn't quite fit these words, no matter what. So I tried to figure out what else was said, and see where that put things, and I was left with the conclusion that LE happened to erroneously call the SW the main doors because it had the drive up.

I am also looking at the bigger picture but come up with a different conclusion. One of my assumptions is that MB's body was found in the blind spot in the SW corner of the church. If her body was not actually there, it becomes increasingly more likely that MB entered through the SW doors (b/c of your point #2 where MB would have been walking away from the camera). In the prior thread, you, PIM, or Sandy laid out a very coherent theory about MB's movement based on the assumption that MB was found in the auditorium. Honestly, with the little information that we have, either theory is plausible, and both have inconsistencies IMO. I can see how a person could logically arrive at either conclusion.

You know what has bothered me about the bloody shirt from the beginning?? It's against "dry cleaners laws" to take items with body fluids on it. I know because once I tried to take a child's outfit that had a "poop" smear and they wouldn't take it. I guess the cleaners might have taken the shirt specificly to turn over to the police, but why did RB even take a shirt with body fluids to the cleaners in the first place???

A question we all would like to know for the real reasoning behind the shirt.

Scenario here but lets say he didn't take it and tossed it in the trash, LE collected trash from the home and by some odd chance something of Missy's was in there and her DNA showed up???

However the cleaning of the shirts cost more than a new one. I would have told the LE and let them decide if they wanted the shirts for trace evidence.

Oh well people are so different, I just don't think I would be thinking about a dog fight when Missy was just murdered and discuss it. I can only speculate.

Thanks

JMHO 🐮

I agree that this is very hazy. To me, "main" is W. But it's really hard for me to say that they have an awning. So I have to pick something that doesn't quite fit these words, no matter what. So I tried to figure out what else was said, and see where that put things, and I was left with the conclusion that LE happened to erroneously call the SW the main doors because it had the drive up.

I guess technically, the main doors (W) do have an awning. You've been there, so you've seen them. But others may not realize the main door vestibule doors are inset under the pitched roof, and the roof provides a short awning over that area. It looks like maybe 6-8ft deep or so. Here's the only photo I could find. Sorry it's so small.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mains.jpg
    mains.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 221
I expect she had permission and cooperation of the church, re her class, and that her means of access was provided via official channels. Anything else really makes no sense. She was there regularly.

If she was officially provided with a key, then MB had also a reasonable expectation of safety inside the church and on church premises. CG usually performs outside in the parking lot. Interesting though, that the church was aware of outside surveillance issues prior to the crime. That's why I was wondering, if the individual providing the key was indeed acting on behalf of the church.

-Nin

Main entrance could simply mean entrance to the building versus entrances to various rooms within the building.

Police would not have specified "under the awning" if they were talking about the front entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214