TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I am on the hunt for where the first campers came upon the scene and saw what they thought was a rolled up rug through the glass doors near where Missy's truck was parked and it turned out to be Missy's body. I know I saw it mentioned more than once here on WS. If anybody here who has been following closely can help me find this info it would be helpful! I have read every thread since the first so I will try to go back and find it!!

I was quoting someone else's comment that she was "in plain view," I was not stating it as fact, and my response contemplates how that would be possible if the attack was not caught on tape.

Yes, I saw you were responding to what was said. I was just trying to help. I think her "visibility" after death has grown from being completely unseen and unknown until the campers entered and looked around, to being in a place that could have been seen, to actually being seen, to now being in plain view. That's the path I recall, with no new evidence to drive it.

Maybe it was this comment of having footage of MB entering that led me to believe that she parked under the porte cochere, walked to the front, main west side doors, entered, turned to her right, heading to the SW corner to open the porte cochere door to get items from her truck and was surprised by SP in that corner and killed there. If she entered at the SW doors where her truck was parked and was killed in the SW corner I don't think they would have footage of her entering. My thought is SP knew her standard entering routine, waited in the inset to the bathrooms and hit her as she approached the doors to her where her truck was parked. She wouldn't even have to enter the bathroom area. She would likely be right underneath the cameras, explaining why the actual killing wasn't on film.

From what information we have been given and the location of her truck, I am right there with ya zoeneli. I'm still thinking the sick, evil, SwatPerp videoed the assault. 👺

Good Post thanks

JMO 🐮

Ok, I am on the hunt for where the first campers came upon the scene and saw what they thought was a rolled up rug through the glass doors near where Missy's truck was parked and it turned out to be Missy's body.

If that turns out to be evidence rather than someone's raw wild theory, I'll be shocked. (But, also appreciative that you found it, too!) My recollection is that what we were told is her location was only discovered after campers entered and were looking for her.

That is not factual afaik. Someone's sloppiness with the case imo.

Also, I don't this other idea is based on evidence either >> "I just don't get how her body could be in plain view of the campers" .....I think that supposed "fact" (that she was in plain view of the campers) derives from speculation to fit one theory or another, but not at all what LE has said. IMO we've fallen into the old "telephone" game here, where one day's broad and wild speculation to fit a theory later get quote as fact.

While I tend to agree with most of your "telephone game" type assessments, this was reported by the producer of NG's show who spoke with LE that day. Given the source, it could still be "wild speculation" (hah), but the source of that information isn't a "telephone game" extrapolation of anyone here.

That is not factual afaik. Someone's sloppiness with the case imo.

Also, I don't this other idea is based on evidence either >> "I just don't get how her body could be in plain view of the campers" .....I think that supposed "fact" (that she was in plain view of the campers) derives from speculation to fit one theory or another, but not at all what LE has said. IMO we've fallen into the old "telephone" game here, where one day's broad and wild speculation to fit a theory later get quote as fact.

MAYBE.. (??) when CG's first entered the building and looked down the main hallway, they saw "something" and might have thought it was a rolled up rug at first glance. Until they got closer that is. Just a guess on my part.

Yes, I saw you were responding to what was said. I was just trying to help. I think her "visibility" after death has grown from being completely unseen and unknown until the campers entered and looked around, to being in a place that could have been seen, to actually being seen, to now being in plain view. That's the path I recall, with no new evidence to drive it.

No worries, I don't take any offense to your comments, I may just be a little sensitive after being called out for using the wrong word for glass pieces. :blushing:

I think the discrepancy here is that media (Nancy Grace-so take with that grain of salt) reported that she was found "in plain view." However, it wasn't clarified whether the campers themselves could see her in plain view from the PC door. I can see how you would be concerned that my comment was spreading misinformation.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/16/ng.01.html

"Well, a new detail we`ve learned is Missy Bevers`s body was in plain view. When law enforcement arrived at the crime scene, her body was
not concealed. It was not hidden. It was easy for law enforcement to find..."

You said others had speculated that she was found under the awning. LE stated in SW that she was found in "the SW corner of the interior of the building." The awning is not the interior, so I think that can be eliminated.

I agree. I never believed she was outside myself. Especially considering there's no glass under the patio area.

The question is also, who gave her a key, when and why. She was not a church-member, but a "friend". Whose friend?

-Nin

I am assuming that MB had a formal agreement with the church regarding her CG class. Given how frequently MB was there, I think that the church would have the insurance company review their policy for any potential liabilities arising from CG. It's also possible MB (or CG) "leased" the space from the church since she was using it for a commercial purpose. The church would have supplied MB with a key when the relationship was formalized. MOO

While I tend to agree with most of your "telephone game" type assessments, this was reported by the producer of NG's show who spoke with LE that day. Given the source, it could still be "wild speculation" (hah), but the source of that information isn't a "telephone game" extrapolation of anyone here.

Gotcha. I see cfreyja's fuller quote, and it makes sense now ....the statement being that LE was saying the body wasn't hidden somewhere. But no idea actually conveyed that it was necessarily seeable from outside the building. So some of the idea is based in NG words, and some is from taking that to another level or three.

I have never read anything that led me to believe that anyone saw anything in plain view.
It certainly could be the case, as we aren't sure exactly where she was found.
It is just as easy for me to believe that the campers went looking for her .
They knew she was there as her truck was visible

Maybe she got that "evidence" here on WS. It wouldn't be the first time.

Gotcha. I don't watch NG because she is so loose with the facts. My impression then, isn't that one statement somewhat of a CONTRADICTION to all the other info we were given?

What information do you think that statement contradicts? I ask because much of my theory on what happened inside the church is based on the assumption that MB was found in the SW corner blind spot.

ETA - Based on the time of the 911 calls, the campers found her quickly.

No worries, I don't take any offense to your comments, I may just be a little sensitive after being called out for using the wrong word for glass pieces. :blushing:

I think the discrepancy here is that media (Nancy Grace-so take with that grain of salt) reported that she was found "in plain view." However, it wasn't clarified whether the campers themselves could see her in plain view from the PC door. I can see how you would be concerned that my comment was spreading misinformation.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/16/ng.01.html

"Well, a new detail we`ve learned is Missy Bevers`s body was in plain view. When law enforcement arrived at the crime scene, her body was
not concealed. It was not hidden. It was easy for law enforcement to find..."

Ah, so we can say there isn't a "shard" of evidence she was in plain view? Kidding!

But really, I think the most specific narrative of MB being found was in Spann's comments in that first press conference. It isn't very specific, but here is what he said as quoted by WFAA:

"She was actually found by one of the boot camp participants who got there a little bit early and waited outside for a while until others got there," Spann said. "They went in the building where they located her"

So this wording may not completely rule out her being seen from outside, but it sure doesn't rule it in either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know why Nancy Grace stopped covering this case? I bet she could request the 911 info and make it public.

I think due to the murders of the LEO and the 2 black men have taken presidency.

Last week and this week she's had guest speakers sitting in for her as well as Dr Drew.

Thank you xfiles 😀

JMO 🐮

The report shows in hr increments only:

attachment.php

Source:
https://www.wunderground.com/history/
Thank you! I looked for this in the evidence logs, but didn't find it..

Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline
from the boot camp members that were arriving there –– again, we know
the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around
4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's
walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but
when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion,
and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have
no video of the assault actually taking place. "

If Batbrat's placement of cameras is correct, Captain Spann's description supports theory that she entered the PC doors not the front entrance.

hello everyone. I have been reading comments a while, but just became a registered user.
Can someone point me to where I can find the video with the "green man?"

Here are the "green men" animations, side by side. It's an attempt to show how data point subtraction from gear measurements and euclidean geometry applied to general anatomy will reveal an approximate body shape beneath the costume. Let me know if you need any further explanation.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• scant.gif
    scant.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 407
  • towardgear.gif
    towardgear.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 394
Captain John Spann: Pretty quick after she got there. Again, the timeline
from the boot camp members that were arriving there –– again, we know
the time that she entered the church, which I believe is going to be around
4:18 [A.M.], again, approximate time. We see her in the video. She's
walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her, but
when she gets out of the range of the camera it doesn't pick up the motion,
and the camera turns off, so we don't have anything. Like I said, we have
no video of the assault actually taking place. "

If Batbrat's placement of cameras is correct, Captain Spann's description supports theory that she entered the PC doors not the front entrance.

I don't have the picture right now, but I thought the cameras were in the SW corner? To me that supports the theory of coming in the W door, not PC. If she comes in the PC door, the cameras should see her as she starts walking down the hall and 'out of range' would be at the farther end of the hall, unless I am translating something in the statement or camera placement incorrectly.

Main entrance could simply mean entrance to the building versus entrances to various rooms within the building.

Police would not have specified "under the awning" if they were talking about the front entrance.

So Scout, you are thinking that MB entered through the SW doors where her truck was parked.

How does MB get seen on the video "walking down the main hallway, only to get out of range of the camera?" (Capt. Spann/4/18 PR) That's one reason I'm having a hard time with the SW door as MB's entry point.

If she had been found in the auditorium, MB would have been seen on video.. but not "walking down the main hallway." Same scenario with the restrooms. Unless you are thinking she headed up towards the front door (W) to unlock it and was attacked on her way back. In that case she would have been on the video twice, once going to the main door (then out of camera range) then walking back to the carport area.

Trying to understand.. even though I don't think "which entry door" is going to help us find her killer. I know we are trying to put the pieces together and remain open to all possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member