TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know little to nothing about how personal or gruesome the death appeared to be. Puncture wounds to head and chest - that's it. We don't even know how many wounds. What if perp lashed out in surprise twice, and one of those two blows hit an artery? I'm speculating that, of course... But wouldn't that be pretty far from "personal"?

Remember, we have no idea what the actual ME's report says.

You say her injuries scream targeted hit. But respectfully, that's based on unconfirmed speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, isn't writing here if the carjackers that were dropped off at a Midlothian Walmart in a silver car connected to this case also "unconfirmed speculation?" Why are some here not wanting to have a flowing conversation about "what it could be?" It takes a lot out of me having to read through some of these comments. We are all thinking out loud, throwing ideas out to one another. If you don't agree with someone then state your ideas instead of attack someone that you don't agree with.

Respectfully, isn't writing here if the carjackers that were dropped off at a Midlothian Walmart in a silver car connected to this case also "unconfirmed speculation?" Why are some here not wanting to have a flowing conversation about "what it could be?" It takes a lot out of me having to read through some of these comments. We are all thinking out loud, throwing ideas out to one another. If you don't agree with someone then state your ideas instead of attack someone that you don't agree with.

I wasn't attacking. And of COURSE I'm speculating the carjackers' involvement - never implied otherwise.

When someone says that the personal and gruesome nature of the death screams that it's a targeted hit, they're not speculating that it was personal and gruesome; they're saying it WAS personal and gruesome and that this points to it being a targeted hit. But you can't base a conclusion on a faulty premise.

I'm just trying to keep straight what we know from what we might know from what we don't know at all. Georgia Peach and anyone else can certainly speculate about what could be - we all are doing that. But I felt the need to clarify because the wording of that post wasn't about what "could be".

If you've read a lot of these threads, you know that sometimes local gossip slips in and is often wildly inaccurate. It's important to keep straight on what is confirmed and what isn't, or else our discussion will get even more chaotic... No one will know what is a fact and what is something that took on a life of its own.

A simple :cow: being clear when posting opinion goes a long way in avoiding misunderstanding.

...RSBM... Also, this all may be a big stretch, but I've always wondered if SP was faking the injury? That they know who MB had problems with and who would be first suspects so they kind of threw together a little bit of everyone to throw LE off. I mean they went to the extent to wear a whole SWAT outfit, who's to say they wouldn't go as far to do that too? Maybe even practice how they'd walk or stumble..
Thank you. I have wanted to say something about SP possibly faking the unusual gait for so long but I was unable to word it well. Back when BatBrat posted the green man clips, I read about a lot of different medical conditions and watched several medical school videos of patients, and also doctor and student interpretations. Several posters have also stated various opinions about conditions SP may have based on their knowledge. I actually do wonder if SP is someone familiar enough with unusual gaits that SP tried to fake not one, but multiple abnormalities, at different segments in the video. And agreeing with you, Ayasheley, so much trouble to disguise themselves that gender is unclear, movements such that left or right handedness is uncertain, LE all over the place on height, and no guess from LE about body type or weight or shoe size.

That was not directed at you. I have done the research. I spend 12 hrs a day calculating mileage and drive time. Every day, I have to consider the weather, traffic, and laws for commercial transport in any given area, and adjust e.t.a.'s accordingly. I have been doing so for 28yrs, and if its on wheels, there are few better qualified to say if getting from any point A within the continental US, to point B in anythign with wheels than me. I have access to satalite tracking, real time weather links, real time traffic links to transtar and other like systems, can access current posted speed limits for any mapped roadway within the US and Canada, etc. As for the boat, that information is easily verafiable. As for the rental car: if it is from a major vendor, almost all now have the black box, or tattle tell, that tracks them, as well as telling you how fast it was traveling at any given time or even if it made and abrupt stop. This is accessed via whats called a TRAIL, and records from its inception with the exception of a complete power down. Im not knocking anyones research. I have just read a lot of comments that have no verafiable data, just assumptions about what could have happened due to scheduling or weather trying to place persons other than were they say they were.

This is interesting stuff. I'd love to learn more about it.

But even with your vast experience and knowledge on the subject of drive times and vehicle tracking, etc., none of that helps shore up a person's alibi any more than it pokes holes in it. Because at this point we have no way of knowing for certain who was actually in the vehicle being discussed. What we have heard is there were two people in the vehicle. Still, it only takes one person to drive a car while it logs all of that tracking data, so while we can put the vehicle exactly where someone said it was, that does not prove they were actually in that vehicle while it was logging its data.

Here's my train of thought. The murder was likely planned. We have a pretty good idea that it was based on the small window of time where the victim was alone and crossed paths with her killer. Some aren't as certain, but I'm definitely leaning in that direction. So if I consider the amount of planning that must have gone into that aspect, for me it's not necessarily a stretch to consider the possibility that there was also planning involved in the establishment of an alibi. There are details about the investigation which people know about (in this case regarding access to additional vehicles) but are unable to discuss here because of Forum Rules. Just because we're prevented from posting this information, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that WSers can't consider it as evidence when looking at the bigger picture.

Having said all that, instead of just criticizing our posts, why not break all of it down for us and help us understand? You are clearly knowledgeable enough to point-by-point refute these "wild speculations" and "absolute falsehoods" with your own expertise, so why not do that for us if you have some time? That's what we're all here for, right? To learn something new and get to the bottom of things.

Edited to add: There are a lot of ideas and theories posted here that I don't agree with. I'll even go so far as to say some of them are clearly fabricated and quite ridiculous. But... as tempting as it is to flame those posts, it isn't constructive. Instead, I try my best to use my knowledge and expertise to dismantle it in a rational, respectful way. That's all I'm asking from the contrarians. You don't need to agree with or even respect other points of view. Simply add your own work and ideas to the pile for the rest of us to sift through.

The search warrant reads: "TB had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

Sure, it's speculative to say what number of times she was stabbed, but IMO it's fair to say it was more than two. If a LEO wrote "multiple" when really it was one puncture wound in the head and one in the chest, or even two each, that would be bordering on making a false affidavit, which I highly doubt happened here. LEOs write probable cause documents generally enough to get the warrant signed, but specifically enough not to be making misrepresentations.

IMHO, it sounds like we are going into the "great glass debate" territory about what someone considers gruesome. I personally think stabbing (if "puncture wound" means stabbed) with a tool is pretty gruesome. JMO, but it also seems pretty personal, as opposed to, for example, just pushing her down and making a run for it. There are many different ways to die, and I'm sure we each have an opinion about what is gruesome or not, and what would sound like a personal murder or not.

attachment.php

Impressive work, Jethro4WS. You and your wife are a good team. I'm particularly impressed by your diligent research. It's more meticulous than I was willing to work at, and I think your efforts to determine measurements paid off in determining layout.

When I first started going over your map, I disagreed with a thing or two, but then I came to the realization that you were correct. However, I think you may be mistaken about the door across the hall from Room 8. I believe it's the door that sits at an angle in the NE corner of the auditorium. The door appears to be wood with no window, as are the other auditorium doors whereas the classroom doors are metal with vertical windows.

Here is a photo of the door in the SE corner:

image.jpg

Screenshot from Dad's Day video:

image.jpg

And an image of what I believe that section of the church layout is like:

image.png

See what you and your wife think.

The search warrant reads: "TB had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

Sure, it's speculative to say what number of times she was stabbed, but IMO it's fair to say it was more than two. If a LEO wrote "multiple" when really it was one puncture wound in the head and one in the chest, or even two each, that would be bordering on making a false affidavit, which I highly doubt happened here. LEOs write probable cause documents generally enough to get the warrant signed, but specifically enough not to be making misrepresentations.

IMHO, it sounds like we are going into the "great glass debate" territory about what someone considers gruesome. I personally think stabbing (if "puncture wound" means stabbed) with a tool is pretty gruesome. JMO, but it also seems pretty personal, as opposed to, for example, just pushing her down and making a run for it. There are many different ways to die, and I'm sure we each have an opinion about what is gruesome or not, and what would sound like a personal murder or not.

This is not at all like the "shards" debate. No one can say that it is a "given" that the attack was personal or that the scene was gruesome. We just don't know that, and that isn't mincing words.

We can certainly speculate and say that "if" it was personal and gruesome, then that would indicate a targeted hit. But targeted is really going to hinge on proving "personal", and that is impossible to say with the limited info we have.

With that, I'm out for awhile. Y'all have fun and solve this.

View of north corridor looking toward NE entrance on back side of church.

image.jpg

You can see the alcove for the angled door just past the second overhead door, partially obscured by the ladder. There is a storage tub with a lime green lid sitting in it. Beyond that, it doesn't look like there's room for another hallway or alcove before you reach the east corridor. So I don't think the hallways in your red rooms at the back of the auditorium exist. I think the entrances to those rooms are in the east corridor.

<modsnip>

I'm with Canonball on this, all the way. I have seen, nor heard any evidence at all to suggest that either BB or RB are involved. That coupled with the verification of both of their alabi does not get me anywhere close to being involved. Ill leave it at that, as Cannonball has laid it out perfectly. If you have to stretch even the rumors and assumptions to get there, your probably headed in the wrong direction.

If you go back through all the threads, you see that he and I have differed on several opinions, but on this we agree.
I'm not playing Devil's Advocate just to get to wear the costume with the pointy tale and pitchfork. But don't completely pull any name that starts with a B out of contention.

Go back and you'll see that I've always been a defender of BB. But I believe the pendulum is now swinging too hard the other way.

Yes, there are some emotional factors and reading body language, etc. coming into play.

BUT they (esp.) BB was trying REALLY hard to make sure his alibi was logged and published. Like, abnormally hard. Hey, look there at them there Miss plates. That's the car I came in...Yep. I was in M-I-s-s-I-s-s-I-p-p -I Esp after months of not pinning where he was at and what he was doing. I will grant you, I personally don't think he needed to be in MS to defect attention off of himself. He could have just as well been in bed or at the office. But I could see him/them thinking that would help him/them. Therefore the "overacting". Yes, it's more of a sleuthing tool generally reserved for a parent and a child, but I will admit to having used it a couple times to figure out who did what.

AND. They were having some serious marital problems (SIL said on MSM MB was having an affair 1.5 years ago) and MPD said there were extramarital intimacies .5 years ago. "Oh, normal married stuff" Really. So you're having 1 affair with a different person every .75 years (9 months) and you think your marriage is okay and normal? No. You probably did not make a vow in front of all your family and friends to try keep the number of affairs down to a minimum. And let's throw on some financial troubles to boot. This marriage was in trouble (and that's before you start talking about what their friends and neighbors said about it.) Divorce is often volatile. It has and can result in ugly, even violent tearing.

So lacking a more viable suspect, I can see where some have kept the BB/RB theory alive. Almost along the "prettiest girl in Siberia" so-to-speak.

And I have to agree, after listening to him/them speak for a while, I was pretty positive Midlothian had lost a champion for health advocacy and fitness. I was thoroughly unconvinced a man had just lost the love of his life, his other half, to a brutal murder.

Should it be the only (or even main theory?). Hmm. Top 3 or 4 in my book based on how little information we've received to work with.

Great post.

Here is what we know:

"TB had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest that are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."

*GRAPHIC WARNING* and SPECULATION ALERT

The first thing to remember is that MB died of puncture wounds and not blunt force trauma. This means that her skin was pierced. And it was pierced multiple times. That's pretty gruesome to me.... even if there were only two wounds, which I doubt for the reason cfreyja23 mentions above.

MB's wounds were consistent with the tools that we saw on the video... the pry bar, the hammer, or the other identified object? In order to have any of those tools pierce the skin, excessive force must have been used. Also, the claw end of either the hammer or the pry bar would have likely been used since the blunt end(s) would have simply broken and/or crushed her bones. Once again, it seems pretty gruesome and savage to me.

We also know that the wounds were to her head and chest. How does one puncture a strong and fit woman's face and chest? The wounds were likely not inflicted when MB was standing up. If that were the case, she would likely have been in a defensive posture and her arms or legs would have taken the brunt of the force. The likely manner in which those wounds were inflicted was by SP sitting on top of MB to restrain her. Of course, this assumes that MB still had enough energy to try to fight back and was not already incapacitated. If she was already incapacitated and SP continued to strike her, that would likely crossover into overkill. Even if MB was not incapacitated, SP would have been staring MB in the face as he punctured her once, twice, and maybe more than that. Even if it was only once or twice, that is pretty gruesome to me. And I think that gruesome wounds indicate a person who held a personal grudge against MB.

To avoid any confusion, this is all speculation and my opinion only. My opinion may be wrong. These are not facts!

Ever since this morning I've been really thinking about this case and they're some things I can't seem to shake..

1 This seems like it was really planned, except for one thing.. I don't think SP had personally been in the church before that day, I think if SP knew the layout better they would've broken in a more believable way.. Could they have had someone explain the layout/decorations to them and think they have it all down? Possibly, but nothing ever goes the way it's supposed to.. I think SP got the layout wrong, and was trying to nonchalantly find the room MB would be in, so they could find their place to pop up on her.. SP would have had all that stuff they were doing while walking around, done at the beginning, actually acting out the b&e, instead of being there for a little while then kinda halfways act like they're burglarizing.

I try to think from SP perspective, SP seems like a perfectionist but doesnt have the real skills. I bet they thought they had this in the bag, having it perfectly planned out in their mind.. But something little probably went wrong in the beginning and it threw off the whole thing..

All this is JMO.. Sorry if all jumbled, putting everything in my head on paper isn't my best quality... [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Impressive work, Jethro4WS. You and your wife are a good team. I'm particularly impressed by your diligent research. It's more meticulous than I was willing to work at, and I think your efforts to determine measurements paid off in determining layout.

When I first started going over your map, I disagreed with a thing or two, but then I came to the realization that you were correct. However, I think you may be mistaken about the door across the hall from Room 8. I believe it's the door that sits at an angle in the NE corner of the auditorium. The door appears to be wood with no window, as are the other auditorium doors whereas the classroom doors are metal with vertical windows.

Here is a photo of the door in the SE corner:

attachment.php

Screenshot from Dad's Day video:

attachment.php

And an image of what I believe that section of the church layout is like:

attachment.php

See what you and your wife think.

If you look at the image of the guy coming out of room the camera is at an angle. To the left, from the perspective of the camera. You can only see most of the door before he opens it. The slanted door in the Sanctuary at that stage end is facing NorthEast. Regardless of whether that door opened to the right or the left you wouldn't see the door the same as you see in the video. If the door you are talking about in the Sanctuary area opened to the right (from perspective of inside the Sanctuary) you would see the door open from right to left in the video an see the inside of that door. If it opened to the left you would see the outside of the door, however, the end of the opening door would be on the right in the video and the space to the left. We see the opposite. So, just from the video and the orientation of that sanctuary door that can't be the door.

The positioning of the Sanctuary doors are based on the calculation of how many feet are between the columns inside the sanctuary and how wide the columns are. Those are the small black rectangles along the wall. Those are 1 foot wide and spaced 16 feet apart. This measurement is based on the number of stacks of chairs seen in between columns in the pictures. I estimated those chairs based on other pictures where there is one right in front of the camera and of those with people sitting in them to be at least 20 inches wide. In more than one picture there are 8 stacks of chairs between posts. Other pictures show some alignments that must be true, such as a straight on shot through the westernmost rollup door on the north side that shows the westernmost Kitchen door centered or nearly centered. So that door must be where it is.

That Room 8 door you are talking about had its position determined by other measurements. First, it required to know where the easternmost door was located. From pictures within Room 8 you can see the ceiling tiles. These are 4 feet long by 2 feet wide. So the exercise was to count the tiles. It required 4 photographs from inside that room to determine the position of the westernmost door. Working from each side to a "landmark" tile position to establish where that door is located within that room. That door must be where it is.

The reason why those doors on each side are slanted is because of the amount of available real estate at the stage ends. The stairs on each side are six feet in length. They have to be because of building codes for step depth and height and that determines how much space you need for those steps. The pair of double doors adjacent to them (which I believe open to a small storage area) take up 6 feet. Which leaves only 3 feet left. If they made a vestibule like they do for other doors in the sanctuary it would need to be 4 feet in depth and they don't have it they only have 3. It has to be 4 feet deep because (or at least longer than 36 inches) because the framing for the door plus the space taken by the door would put the end of the door in the hall by a few inches. But with the slant the door can open and not be in the hall at all. From photos the door to the right of the stage (when facing it) opens to the left and the one to the left of the stage opens to the right.

A little bit about the map. It is published as an image. But that image is generated from something else that contains somewhere between 150-200 rectangles along with 6 triangles. Each one representing each individual element you see in the image. Each of these shapes are placed on a layout measured in points (72 per inch on paper). Each point in my layout represents 4 inches. Every item is size and placed as measured in feet or half feet if that is where something is determined to be. So everything you see in the image is a scale model of the actual thing. I am still working on it. In particular I am adding the doors opposite Room 12 and almost certainly Room 10. And I am fixing the Southeast corner vestibule where I made a mistake in placing the inner vestibule wall and the wall of the room connected to the outside there should share a wall with the outer vestibule. And I am still examining the exact length of the glass wall on the room with the glass wall on the south side and the position of the door just after it. I am also reviewing the video where the guy comes out to try to determine some properties of the room behind. I am also documenting all of the different things that I hope to share out as a document so people can know where something is or how far apart any two items are. I am also labelling all the rooms so that there is at least some way to reference them. Rather than them being blank. I am also adding the outer doors at main hallway for the those sanctuary entrances the picture right now shows them as open. And I am still finishing up on the stairway/entry for the stairs on the right side of the back sanctuary.

With all due respect to your estimations and calculations, I think you need to look at the photos I posted again. Pay particular attention to the photo of the group of people in Room 8. The door across the hall is clearly as I've described -- wooden, without a window and situated at an angle in a triangular alcove. It opens as I've depicted in my diagram. However my diagram needs to be rotated for correct orientation. Look at the top of the door in relation to the edge of the recessed ceiling transitioning from corridor to alcove. It's evident the door is not parallel to the corridor.

image.jpg

The photo I posted earlier shows the door at the other front corner of the auditorium. Each opens toward the adjacent wall of its respective triangular alcove. The alcoves are right triangles with the right angle at the hinge corner. The corridor would be the hypotenuse.

ETA photo

View attachment 97990

I think you're mistaken about your placement of Room 10 also. It makes no sense for it to be in that location. It should be located somewhere between Room 8 and Room 12 rather than several doors further down the hall from Room 12.

Respectfully for your consideration:
The north end of the church faces a heading of approximately 347 degrees, according to measurements that I made in Google Earth.
(I used the ruler tool to draw a line parallel to the longitudinal axis of the building and noted the heading in the ruler's information panel.)

So rotating the compass rose 13 degrees clockwise on your excellent map would more accurately indicate the orientation of the building.

I used the hiatus of this conversation to work on making a map of the church to scale and make every attempt to accurately place doors windows, etc. After painstakingly reviewing over 300 photos, several videos, Google Earth, Street View, and the property tax information and after many contested exchanges with my wife (who was always right by the way) I believe I have the church layout very close to what it is.

The caveats:

Some windows and doors may be off by 4 inches.
The thickness of doorways is exaggerated to a 1 foot dimension (usually shared between hall and room to show it's presence).
Bathroom locations are determined by where the plumbing stacks are located.
It is a work in progress.

attachment.php

Soooo, I don't post much primarily because I never feel completely caught up on this case. If I don't check in multiple times per day, I am so far behind that I either read every other page or simply skip to the last page to see what everyone is talking about. I don't usually feel competent enough to comment.

That being said, I started out thinking the person I saw in the video was obviously a woman, then I saw a male relative on TV who seemed callous and unaffected and walked like the person on the tape, so I changed my mind. Then, however, I saw Batbrat's green man and realized sw, while certainly male, was too thin to be the man I thought. Then I followed some links shared on here and was swayed by the idea that sw stood like a gymnast or dancer or ballerina and discovered that the characteristics of one female listed on the sw really, really fit. But then, just tonight, I read what another poster shared about fbi statistics and 300 hours of study and 2 perps, and now I have no freakin' idea. Not that I ever did.

I do fear the case will not be resolved soon, and that makes my heart break for Missy's girls and her loved ones, and for the investigators, members of that church, and the community at large.

I really appreciate WS, and am seriously impressed by the posters who are contibuting so much on this thread. I wish I could have dinner with you all. What interesting conversations there would be : )

Batbrat did some excellent work, for sure. However, consider the attire of SP as NOT being real padded swat gear. Maybe it was a sort of thin costume without padding. It would have been more affordable, but still an identity blocker. A certain person named on warrant would be the "correct" size, and certainly had the gait, motive, and self confidence to carry out his mission.

Agree. There's no reason to assume that the perpetrator is one of the persons whose name we know.

Someone posted earlier that police have provided us with evidence of extramarital affairs and financial struggles. No, they haven't. They put an ambiguous statement in a search warrant affidavit indicating they'd found evidence of such. People need to keep in mind that their purpose in doing so was to justify their need for the warrant.

actually this was verified by LE talking to BB with his Mom right there who seem to be unaware of the affair(s) of both. He said he had forgiven her for that a year ago.

actually this was verified by LE talking to BB with his Mom right there who seem to be unaware of the affair(s) of both. He said he had forgiven her for that a year ago.

It still has not been confirmed that BB had an affair. The wording in the affidavit can be interpreted in different ways. Furthermore, Missy may have had one affair or more than one. Brandon has confirmed that she had one in the past and he had forgiven her for it. Beyond that we only have indication from police that she had more recently engaged in extramarital flirtations. I'll wait for additional evidence before drawing any conclusions about other affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member