TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. I know there were some of us who were under the impression that a SW cannot be sealed. These documents prove otherwise. A SW can be sealed in 30-day increments of it can be shown that knowledge of the existence of the SW might lead to the destruction of the evidence sought.

Actually, a SW cannot be sealed, and a SW was not sealed here. But a supporting affidavit for a SW can, which was what was sealed in this case. If you read the documents closely, you'll see that it was affidavits being sealed and re-sealed, until they were unsealed. And affidavits too have been available since mid June, but apparently no one has been requesting SWs or supporting docs.

Actually, a SW cannot be sealed, and a SW was not sealed here. But a supporting affidavit for a SW can, which was what was sealed in this case. If you read the documents closely, you'll see that it was affidavits being sealed and re-sealed, until they were unsealed. And affidavits too have been available since mid June, but apparently no one has been requesting SWs or supporting docs.

Are there any new documents beside the FB SW?

It's possible that Room 8 was originally built as Rooms 8 and 9 and the dividing wall has since been removed. This would explain why there are two doors. Their placement otherwise seems odd and redundant. If I'm correct about this, the rooms at the NE corner of the building and the NE corner of the auditorium could be Rooms 10 and 11 or vice versa.

<snipped by me>
...for me it's not necessarily a stretch to consider the possibility that there was also planning involved in the establishment of an alibi. There are details about the investigation which people know about (in this case regarding access to additional vehicles) but are unable to discuss here because of Forum Rules. Just because we're prevented from posting this information, doesn't mean it doesn't exist, or that WSers can't consider it as evidence when looking at the bigger picture.

1. Is there anything anyone could offer regarding the "access to additional vehicles" to point me in the right direction? (Initials? The source?) I'd not seen or heard about that.
2. Terrific post, Batbrat.

-snipped-

attachment.php

I believe the room with the glass wall on the south corridor is the Library.

Logic says that the hallway that turns toward the exterior south wall in the office section leads to a door into the library from the offices.

We know little to nothing about how personal or gruesome the death appeared to be. Puncture wounds to head and chest - that's it. We don't even know how many wounds. What if perp lashed out in surprise twice, and one of those two blows hit an artery? I'm speculating that, of course... But wouldn't that be pretty far from "personal"?

Remember, we have no idea what the actual ME's report says.

You say her injuries scream targeted hit. But respectfully, that's based on unconfirmed speculation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dds.
Was funeral closed casket? I think I read that. If so, because of the gruesome wounds, I cannot believe a random stranger would brutally inflict head and chest wounds. He would just incapacitate her so he could escape. Also, routine robberies (even at banks) seldom have elaborate costume effects. Someone went to a lot of trouble to cover virtually all parts of body except eyes and nose.
Just saying this in my own thought and mindset.

STALKER?
(I'm behind reading posts) but...
I was thinking that maybe she had a stalker. With her great shape/looks, it seems very possible she could have attracted a Crazy. I'm not a guy--just surmissing.

jmo

Can someone please link me the pic of SPs eyes?

Batbrat did some excellent work, for sure. However, consider the attire of SP as NOT being real padded swat gear. Maybe it was a sort of thin costume without padding. It would have been more affordable, but still an identity blocker. A certain person named on warrant would be the "correct" size, and certainly had the gait, motive, and self confidence to carry out his mission.

Just to set the record straight, I have never claimed the swat vest was padded, nor have I claimed it is real. As a matter of fact, I do not believe the vest is real (at least as far as being ballistic-lined, official issue, etc.). It's apparent (actually obvious, to me) that there are pouch pockets and other MOLLE type attachments on the front of the vest. This kind of vest, whether it's costume or real adds significant and measurable bulk to the silhouette of the body. I will concede, however, the amount of bulk is up for debate. But I made a thorough presentation with exhaustive research and measurements in an earlier thread. One more point to make. The jacket beneath the vest does at least have shoulder padding or lining, for certain. If it has padding or lining elsewhere, that's going to be more difficult to tell, and so I did not account for nor subtract measurements I was not sure or very confident of.

IMost of us are not saying that BB is SP but we are speculating he is involved. There is enough evidence to make him a POI by LE. The main evidence is what LE has found and WS members have just found a few things that hopefully LE has checked out.

1 I agree with Montjoy's thinking, that the suspicion of BB here is quite baseless so far, just evidence-less speculation but no actual evidence.
2 BB being a POI at some point is NOT an indication of evidence. It's just an indication they looked. By MPD's usage, a POI was simply used to refer to someone they were looking at, for some reason. Obviously BB and many others would have been a POI from the outset, because they were in close proximity to MB's ongoing life, but that doesn't mean there was any actual evidence found against them.
3 I'm willing to join a dogpile if some evidence is unearthed. But so far, diddly.

Just to set the record straight, I have never claimed the swat vest was padded, nor have I claimed it is real. As a matter of fact, I do not believe the vest is real (at least as far as being ballistic-lined, official issue, etc.). It's apparent (actually obvious, to me) that there are pouch pockets and other MOLLE type attachments on the front of the vest. This kind of vest, whether it's costume or real adds significant and measurable bulk to the silhouette of the body. I will concede, however, the amount of bulk is up for debate. But I made a thorough presentation with exhaustive research and measurements in an earlier thread. One more point to make. The jacket beneath the vest does at least have shoulder padding or lining, for certain. If it has padding or lining elsewhere, that's going to be more difficult to tell, and so I did not account for nor subtract measurements I was not sure or very confident of.

Thanks, Batbrat. I am just saying that minus some bulk in the jacket area, POI has all the other characteristics: gait,motive, knowledge of MB's schedule, etc. Just saying.......I like that we are open to different viewpoints here.

It still has not been confirmed that BB had an affair. The wording in the affidavit can be interpreted in different ways. Furthermore, Missy may have had one affair or more than one. Brandon has confirmed that she had one in the past and he had forgiven her for it. Beyond that we only have indication from police that she had more recently engaged in extramarital flirtations. I'll wait for additional evidence before drawing any conclusions about other affairs.

I'm going to say this- at 51 years of age I know personally quite a few people who have had affairs. Of each one of them I know not one that I know of has had only 1 affair. The people I know have had multiple affairs, if not many. Just saying, take it for what it's worth. Anyone else want to chime in here?

That was not directed at you. I have done the research. I spend 12 hrs a day calculating mileage and drive time. Every day, I have to consider the weather, traffic, and laws for commercial transport in any given area, and adjust e.t.a.'s accordingly. I have been doing so for 28yrs, and if its on wheels, there are few better qualified to say if getting from any point A within the continental US, to point B in anythign with wheels than me. I have access to satalite tracking, real time weather links, real time traffic links to transtar and other like systems, can access current posted speed limits for any mapped roadway within the US and Canada, etc. As for the boat, that information is easily verafiable. As for the rental car: if it is from a major vendor, almost all now have the black box, or tattle tell, that tracks them, as well as telling you how fast it was traveling at any given time or even if it made and abrupt stop. This is accessed via whats called a TRAIL, and records from its inception with the exception of a complete power down. Im not knocking anyones research. I have just read a lot of comments that have no verafiable data, just assumptions about what could have happened due to scheduling or weather trying to place persons other than were they say they were.

Let me add the following to the "road trip" time discussion and your great info.

BB's trip home was entirely by interstate highway. I just returned from an extended road trip on interstates, and almost all rural interstate highway is now 75 mph where I traveled through the upper midwest. I know the same is true in Texas and in I-49 in LA, meaning the majority of BBs trip at least.

Google calls it an 8 hour trip almost exactly, from car rental place to Ovilla/Red Oak, which is no doubt calculated at the speed limit or less. 7:00 am to 3:00 pm is 8 hours. Even the conservative google estimates can see it's possible, with a quick 5-minute fuel stop somewhere (and with pay at the pump, 5 minutes is easy.) Both of my sedans, which are about like a rental car, get 425-450 miles to a tank (I was getting about 450-475 on the trip I was just on, most of it at 75-80 mph), which means one quick stop for gas.

To look at it closer, if he arrived at the car office at 7 or before, lets say it took him until 7:15 to get on the road. But who knows, maybe earlier if they catered to his situation. But let's say 7:15 they're on the road with a full tank of gas.

Then let's say he traveled the interstates at 80 mph (or 5 over) to go with the flow, and gained a bit of time (vs google estimate) every hour. Over an 8 hour trip, that's maybe 30-35 minutes off the travel time.

Add in a 5 minute stop for gas, another (or the same stop) for 5 minutes for a bite to eat from a fast food, maybe another 5 for a quick restroom stop. That's a loss of about 15-20 minutes.

And didn't they arrive about 3:15 or so? That means we've even got an extra 15-20 minutes left over, for a delay here or a slowdown there, to arrive by then.

Then again, didn't LE say this had been checked out? So there's that, too.

But even with your vast experience and knowledge on the subject of drive times and vehicle tracking, etc., none of that helps shore up a person's alibi any more than it pokes holes in it. Because at this point we have no way of knowing for certain who was actually in the vehicle being discussed. What we have heard is there were two people in the vehicle. Still, it only takes one person to drive a car while it logs all of that tracking data, so while we can put the vehicle exactly where someone said it was, that does not prove they were actually in that vehicle while it was logging its data.

Respectfully, this really doesn't make sense, in relation to this case, to try to theorize that a car traveled from Biloxi area to Red Oak/Ovilla area from 7 am to 3 pm that Monday, but BB wasn't in it during the drive, yet drove into his driveway in it.

LE has corroborated that BB was in Biloxi area at the time of the murder, early on Monday.

So (a) why an elaborate ruse to disguise his travel afterwards, and (b) how would he have otherwise been able to arrive in Red Oak/Ovilla area in the car at 3 pm that left Biloxi area that morning?

I'm going to say this- at 51 years of age I know personally quite a few people who have had affairs. Of each one of them I know not one that I know of has had only 1 affair. The people I know have had multiple affairs, if not many. Just saying, take it for what it's worth. Anyone else want to chime in here?

I'm not really sure. Of the people I know that have revealed extramarital affairs in their marriages, the majority of them have split up because of it rather than stay together. I tend to lose touch with the offending party more often than the offended, so I don't keep track of their behavior. I know of two couples who remained together, and in those cases the one having the affair was a multiple offender. So yeah, maybe? I've never really thought about it before.

Respectfully, this really doesn't make sense, in relation to this case, to try to theorize that a car traveled from Biloxi area to Red Oak/Ovilla area from 7 am to 3 pm that Monday, but BB wasn't in it during the drive, yet drove into his driveway in it.

LE has corroborated that BB was in Biloxi area at the time of the murder, early on Monday.

So (a) why an elaborate ruse to disguise his travel afterwards, and (b) how would he have otherwise been able to arrive in Red Oak/Ovilla area in the car at 3 pm that left Biloxi area that morning?

I'm confused about all of the posts that suggest that it's impossible for BB and friend to drive the rental car home in the allotted time. Like you say, they did arrive in the rental car so they did do it. JMO.

Hello, folks.

I haven't read or posted on Missy's threads for a few weeks, but I read something in the news today that we kinda-sorta discussed way back when. I bring it up as a POSSIBILITY, though it does seem far-fetched, I admit.

It's POSSIBLE the perp was a gamer. There is a story in the news today about a teenager who was playing some sort of game online that involves exploring in real-life places...and she ended up finding a dead body. (The teen was not involved with any crime - she was innocently playing a game and finding the body seems to be a coincidence.)

Maybe, just maybe, the perp was playing some sort of augmented-reality/fantasy game. Whether the murder was part of the game or not, I don't know, but I would assume no.

Here's the story I read today that reminded me of theories tossed around on Missy's case: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-body-river-playing-pokemon-article-1.2704983

FWIW, I think perp knew Missy personally (or had some sort of connection) and was not a gamer, but it might be worth considering a far-fetched theory now and then.

Here is why I asked about the video and what we thought, if there wasn’t any indoor surveillance tape:

Without the tape this would almost certainly look like an interrupted burglary. Some would come up with the theory of a targeted hit. I think it wouldn’t be that many.

What we would not know without the tape:

• · We would not see the individual all dressed up in a police-uniform-like outfit toe to head.
  • · We would not know how much time the perp had spent inside the church.
  • · We would not notice their calm wandering around swinging their hammer.
  • · We would not observe just 1 individual (supposedly).
  • · We would not have seen the type of tools the perp was carrying and how he was utilizing them.
  • · We would not have noticed a strange object in the perp’s left hand.
  • · We would not know about the perp’s (most likely) handedness.
  • · We would not have noticed their characteristic gait.
  • · We would not consider any possible ankle/foot/leg/hip injury or weakness.
  • · We would (most likely)not debate about the gender.
  • · We would most likely not debate, whether the perp was familiar with the church’s layout or not.
  • · We would most likely not even debate the layout (just the entry/ exit point and the immediate crimescene)

Mathematically seen, the video is actually against the perp. So much more we are privy to than without the tape. So, why the risk? What happened here?

The perp either did not know the outdoor surveillance camera(s) were not functioning, in which case he would most likely not be affiliated in any way with the church. He could be a local or an out-of-towner.

Or, he would have been privy to the fact, that the outside cams had been malfunctioning (for a while now, as reported by MLPD during the presser), in which case he may be a church member/ local, or an out-of-towner being informed about the detail by another individual.

The one group, that may have access to either information (outside cams malfunctioning/ inside surveillance/ motion detector operated system active and operative) without involvement of a third party would be church-members.

Consequently any other group would require insider knowledge in order to know about the malfunctioning cams.

Then we have of course the option, that it did not play a role to the perp, whether the outdoor cams were working or not. This is the most feasible possibility to me, as it covers any group of individuals. It would also support the theory, that the perp realized there were surveillance cameras inside the building.

So what does that mean? It means several things to me, MOO, IMO etc

1. The burglary aspect does not make much sense for all the points being discussed ad nauseam over 31 threads, one main reason being against such burglary that the individual did not go straight to the offices (signage outside and inside the church) trying to gain access to any stored funds/tithings, IMO. Would a burglary still be possible? Yes. Would a police outfit be needed to accomplish burglary? No.

2.If this was a targeted (paid) hit, the video camera recorded a lot of characteristics of the perp despite the cover. How could the killer be so sure about what LE would have on him in the end or not? There are other ways much more efficient and less risky. If this was a hit for hire, I am almost certain the perp had a look-out, a driver, an accomplice. Would it be possible? Yes. Would a police outfit be needed to accomplish hit? Possibly so. Yes.

3. If this was a revenge killing (lover, spouse, camper, somebody’s BF), a hate crime (hate-group, church member), a drug or money related crime ( victim was witness of illegal activity, was involved, victim needed to be eliminated due to money/insurance etc.) then the individual could be highly motivated and could operate by her/himself. That individual would be close to the victim and may be privy to last minute decisions of the victim. That individual would also most likely be familiar with the church and the layout thereof. Would this be possible? Yes. Would a police outfit be needed to accomplish the deed? Possibly so. Yes.

To me option 2 and 3 are making the most sense mathematically speaking. If the perp was some LE –hate- infatuated individual, option 1 could still apply. Then the perp was in for vandalism and not necessarily burglary. However, a burglar could not be sure about what LE may have on them and they would be charged with an additional impersonating a police officer if caught, so, not sure about it. All IMO.

Therefore I am still opting for 2 and 3.

What are your thoughts?

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads