TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone must have researched on a computer, made phone calls, and wrote down a list.
The list is easy to destroy. The other two have data trails if they get a warrant for right perp(s).

Excellent X-Files. Wonder if LE has confiscated anyone's computers? Data trails are nice. People think they can delete them but
I live with 2 computer nerds and they say anything can be retrieved that has been deleted. Wonder if any of the people on SWs got a new computer right before the murder. (Meaning they destroyed the one they used to possibly purchase SP suit)

Excellent X-Files. Wonder if LE has confiscated anyone's computers? Data trails are nice. People think they can delete them but
I live with 2 computer nerds and they say anything can be retrieved that has been deleted. Wonder if any of the people on SWs got a new computer right before the murder. (Meaning they destroyed the one they used to possibly purchase SP suit)

So far according to the public SW's no, just cell tower dumps and the list of possible POI's (not suspects). Either they are working in private or weren't granted a SW to follow up on leads.

Where would the monitor be for the cameras? In the office? Is it possible that SP, after wandering around doing damage, watched the monitor for MB entering the building? Not sure if this has been asked.

There are two entrances, the W and SW, with overhangs. Why would the porte-cochere even be considered an awning? The term used to described the structure outside of the SW doors is porte-cochere. On the other hand an awning is a "rooflike structure extending over a doorway."

Does the picture below look like an awning?

attachment.php

It doesn't to me. It looks like an extension of the actual structure as opposed to an awning. JMO

ETA - Try doing a Google image search for "awning." Then do an image search for "porte-cochere." The structure outside of the SW entrance is a PC, not an awning. IMO

If I took the entire first page of results for a Google awning image search and inserted the picture above and asked, "Which of these is not like the others?" the answer would clearly be the image of CCoC.

Attachments

• midlothian-church-raw_1200x675_668438595677.jpg
    midlothian-church-raw_1200x675_668438595677.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 552
So far according to the public SW's no, just cell tower dumps and the list of possible POI's (not suspects). Either they are working in private or weren't granted a SW to follow up on leads.

(Ok forgive me SteveS)

what if MBs laptop was used without her knowledge and LE may not know it. Several people on SWs could be able to do that or someone LE and us are not aware of. If so there could be a time stamp or CC used. Just a possibility.

Ok everyone I think Tricia maybe about to pull her eyeballs out again.

Simple question. What determines if one is walking up the hall or down the hall?

Cannonball "I will say that whether or not LE knows these things with certainty is debatable; it's hard to know what they know, when they aren't telling us much"

Really? We are debating where MB's body was found, and which entrance LE meant. No question they know both of those with absolute certainty. We are also debating which room is room 10, and again that is not a mystery to (or important to) anyone but us. We are debating which video surveillance image was taken where, and those things are known with certainty from camera placement that is part of the system and would have been open to LE to any extent they felt it mattered. Everything pertaining to church layout and perp movement, they know, and they have added info to work with we don't even have.

It's a curiosity and a time-waster to us, and nothing wrong with spending time in those ways, but it is accurate that knowing those won't advance the case.

Batbrat "There is a possibility people can be identified or eliminated based on the minutiae of exploring the building layout to compare it to the video evidence."

The layout details we are still debating - for example, knowing which is room 10 in a sunday school class picture - are truly meaningless to the case. Idle curiosities, but nothing more. The problem is, how can us knowing whether he took a videoed step exactly here rather than there, distinguish one costumed perp from another? It can't. I know we'll still discuss them ad nauseum, me included, but let's not kid ourselves, they really don't matter to solving the case.

ETA - Let me make it clear, in the wake of all the reactions to a prior post, that I'm not trying to tell anyone how to post or what to talk about! As I mentioned, I talk about these things too. I'm just commenting on MY OWN OPINION on the relative value of the information we're pursuing, in relation to solving the case ...my opinion, nothing more, and not meant to bother anyone. If anyone felt they were being criticized somehow, it was not intended, and my apologies in advance!!

IIRC they were granted warrants, which we already know about. We just don't have the yield from those searches, which really isn't public-access information.

There are two entrances, the W and SW, with overhangs. Why would the porte-cochere even be considered an awning? The term used to described the structure outside of the SW doors is porte-cochere. On the other hand an awning is a "rooflike structure extending over a doorway."

attachment.php

It doesn't to me. It looks like an extension of the actual structure as opposed to an awning. JMO

ETA - Try doing a Google image search for "awning." Then do an image search for "porte-cochere." The structure outside of the SW entrance is a PC, not an awning. IMO

"Does the picture below look like an awning?"....Actually, yes. Respectfully, imo that SW corner is about as awning-ish as there can be. An awning is a covered area that extends from a building, used to provide shelter for a window or doorway, and if we want to surmise that this building had a single awning ("the awning area"), it's far more likely to be talking of the SW rather than the W.

attachment.php

If I took the entire first page of results for a Google awning image search and inserted the picture above and asked, "Which of these is not like the others?" the answer would clearly be the image of CCoC.

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Ok forgive me SteveS) what if MBs laptop was used without her knowledge and LE may not know it. Several people on SWs could be able to do that or someone LE and us are not aware of. If so there could be a time stamp or CC used. Just a possibility.

I'm not sure why you mentioned me, or what your thinking is here. Will be glad to reply, with a bit of clarification. It's certainly possible that a laptop can be used by someone else, if they have the password, and do we have some way that possibility ties in to what we know in this case somewhere?

"Does the picture below look like an awning?"....Actually, yes. Respectfully, imo that SW corner is about as awning-ish as there can be. An awning is a covered area that extends from a building, used to provide shelter for a window or doorway, and if we want to surmise that this building had a single awning ("the awning area"), it's far more likely to be talking of the SW rather than the W.

We can agree to disagree. It certainly looks like a porte-cochere to me. I think that the area outside of the SW entrance very clearly falls under definition #2 below (from dictionary.com).

attachment.php

Attachments

• PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 417
(Ok forgive me SteveS)

what if MBs laptop was used without her knowledge and LE may not know it. Several people on SWs could be able to do that or someone LE and us are not aware of. If so there could be a time stamp or CC used. Just a possibility.

absolutely possible. hope they checked hers thoroughly.

I.can assure you that in Texas, a small-town policeman has never heard the term "Porte cochere", much less use it.

We actually call it an overhang, covered drop off area or place to park our horses.
Cannonball you are starting to offend this Texas girl and our police officers.

I'm not sure why you mentioned me, or what your thinking is here. Will be glad to reply, with a bit of clarification. It's certainly possible that a laptop can be used by someone else, if they have the password, and do we have some way that possibility ties in to what we know in this case somewhere?

Sorry you always call me on BB suggestions. :)

X-Files and I were talking about data trails. I know SWs were issued for phones and MBs computer. We were wondering if they may have issued any other SWs (can they issue warrants without public knowledge to keep possible POI from destroying info?)
for computers of people listed in SWs.

nd was"
Not so sure. I live in Southeast Texas and port cochere is very common. I moved from New York and was like, "ohhh. car port, okay!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett