TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What appears to be a broken pane is the cross. I have an image I made to show why I believe this area not to be where the murder took place.

attachment.php

Excellent. Thank you!

So I've literally been looking in the mirror and trying to simulate the walk of SP. Its NOT easy! You would think this person would really stand out if they are in the local community.

Whatever happened to the "creepy" linkdin message? Hmmmmm

Good question also the "creepy guy" whom appeared naked and like to dress up?

JMO 🐮

For those interested in obtaining a rough approximation of how far the camera in the West Hall looking North can "see" (detect motion) here is how you can calculate it.

attachment.php

If you start at the bottom and count the tiles on the floor until you get to where SP is. Each tile is 4 feet x 4 feet. You should count 8 of them and that means that this particular camera "sees" about 32 feet or so.

Thanks, Jethro4ws!
So everything recorded beyond that 32 feet is always recorded, but unable to detect a change in pixels to trigger motion?

attachment.php

Attachments

• mainhall2.jpg
    mainhall2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 290
OK Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Now I will go back and review his statement. 

Thanks again

JMO 

If I am correct in my understanding, (he) is the Administrative Sergeant for MPD. Among his duties is conducting internal affairs investigations. http://www.midlothian.tx.us/index.aspx?NID=503. Which isn't surprising given the get-up of the SwatPerp. I would imagine they would have taken that very seriously.

I always wonder why anyone would want to pay for two separate cellphone plans. Business owned vs personal?

I have two "cell phone numbers" . One for my actual cell phone and I have a tablet for which I have a data plan. To use the data the tablet requires a sim card. With the tablet and data I can connect to the internet without wifi, send and receive email and text messages, and if I wanted to I could make a phone call (which I never do).The sim card has a phone number attached. When I receive my cell phone bill both telephone numbers activities are detailed.

Having an additional data plan adds about $15 to my bill and it allows me to get much more work done without lugging around my laptop.

Thanks, Jethro4ws!
So everything recorded beyond that 32 feet is always recorded, but unable to detect a change in pixels to trigger motion?

Everything past a certain vague point would not be recorded, as the cam, unable to detect motion, would turn off.

Everything past a certain vague point would not be recorded, as the cam, unable to detect motion, would turn off.

Is the image you posted one where you believe SPs motion triggered the motion to start recording? I am just wondering how we know at what spot the cameras can\can't detect motion ff they have visibility of the entire length of the hall.

ETA: Sorry SteveS - I was thinking it was Jethro that responded - hence the "you posted" :)

I did understand once motion quits being detected everything quits recording, but I am wondering how he calculated the area motion will trigger the stop\start. Actually, now that I am thinking about it - that scene at the very end of the long MPD video shows some pre-post recording. If that scene is already recording due to prior motion, that means the camera should record a good couple of seconds even after all motion stops....

Thanks, Jethro4ws!

attachment.php
Actually, beyond that distance nothing will be recorded of anything moving toward this camera. Once the camera, determines no more motion it stops after some defined number of seconds. After that, nothing from that camera. Had SP been going the other direction (away from the camera) we would have a recording that would show SP perhaps as much as 10 feet further, but that really depends on how many extra seconds it is configured to record. The best example of motion in the direction away from the camera is in the opening sequence of the video. As SP goes up that hall (North hall headed west) you will notice as they get to the door (Kitchen) where that sequence ends you will notice a "funny shuffle" of the feet. That is actually the camera causing that. The actual detection of motion was lost a few feet before that.

So, once motion is no longer detected recording stops. There is nothing out of the cameras at all.

I am strongly of the opinion that this camera set up allows only one camera can record at a time. Recording from more than one is optional. But I would not be in the least surprised if every configuration setting is the default. If there were to be motion elsewhere in the church while SP was busy doing something on camera there would be no recording of the other movement at all. At best some event would be recorded on the server saying "hey I tried to record something but someone else was already recording" - but even that would have to be configured.

Is the image you posted one where you believe SPs motion triggered the motion to start recording? I am just wondering how we know at what spot the cameras can\can't detect motion ff they have visibility of the entire length of the hall.

In the SP video, it starts as he comes into view from cam c2 and that's one factor for me in guessing how far the cams were detecting. It's also a similar distance when he comes back into view on the c1 recording down the southside hall. Also, we are helped by LE's statement that the MB recording shut off when she was in the "vicinity" of where her body was found, which means it almost certainly shut off somewhere within the SW quadrant of the entire building. And it has to be a point where perp hasn't yet attacked, yet his location is perceived by LE.

Taken together, I come to a spot somewhere about the end of the blue arrow on my map. More or less.

Actually, beyond that distance nothing will be recorded of anything moving toward this camera. Once the camera, determines no more motion it stops after some defined number of seconds. After that, nothing from that camera. Had SP been going the other direction (away from the camera) we would have a recording that would show SP perhaps as much as 10 feet further, but that really depends on how many extra seconds it is configured to record. The best example of motion in the direction away from the camera is in the opening sequence of the video. As SP goes up that hall (North hall headed west) you will notice as they get to the door (Kitchen) where that sequence ends you will notice a "funny shuffle" of the feet. That is actually the camera causing that. The actual detection of motion was lost a few feet before that.

So, once motion is no longer detected recording stops. There is nothing out of the cameras at all.

I am strongly of the opinion that this camera set up allows only one camera can record at a time. Recording from more than one is optional. But I would not be in the least surprised if every configuration setting is the default. If there were to be motion elsewhere in the church while SP was busy doing something on camera there would be no recording of the other movement at all. At best some event would be recorded on the server saying "hey I tried to record something but someone else was already recording" - but even that would have to be configured.

Thanks, Jethro4WS. How did you determine the distance? Not the tile counting, but how do you know where SP is in your image is the cut of point of recording? Do you suspect that the footage MPD posted of SP walking towards the camera in the main hallway is where the recording started? I always assumed they just cut out the few crucial seconds of each scene they thought gave a good overview of SPs movement.

I am strongly of the opinion that this camera set up allows only one camera can record at a time.

It would be a game changer if that were true, but I believe we actually have evidence that proves the contrary. The perp video seems to show 2 cams running simultaneously. Look closely at the transition from scene 2 to scene 3 and imo you see some overlapping footage, which would have to have been recorded at the same time.

Thanks, Jethro4WS. How did you determine the distance? Not the tile counting, but how do you know where SP is in your image is the cut of point of recording? Do you suspect that the footage MPD posted of SP walking towards the camera in the main hallway is where the recording started? I always assumed they just cut out the few crucial seconds of each scene they thought gave a good overview of SPs movement.
I take the cut from the first frame we have. That is the best I can go by. I have made the assumption that MPD has not snipped any of what we have seen. There may be parts we haven't seen - MPD seemed to acknowledge what we see is all they have of SP and an hour later muddied it all up. But, I doubt they did too much to the video except where they enlarged and slowed down the sequence at the very end (out of Room 12).

I use those tiles to measure distance, as they are a useful "yardstick".

It would be a game changer if that were true, but I believe we actually have evidence that proves the contrary. The perp video seems to show 2 cams running simultaneously. Look closely at the transition from scene 2 to scene 3 and imo you see some overlapping footage, which would have to have been recorded at the same time.

I have wondered if that is overlapping footage as well. Another question - the beginning of scene 3. SP isn't there yet. Empty scene with him about to come in to view. What triggered the recording to start before he was in the field of view for that camera? Possibly configured so all cameras start recording whenever any motion is detected??

I do not believe that MB was found in a room or the auditorium. If I were one of the campers and I showed up for class and I saw my instructors vehicle I would set up where we usually set up. I am assuming they arrived around 4:45am-4:50am. (I know first camper 4:35)

MB does not come out of church and say around 4:55am they enter SW doors. I do not believe for a second that they would wonder the halls looking for her. They would call out for her and look in the immediate vicinity of the doors.
Maybe even to the front door but no further. Then decide to call her phone - see if they hear it and go to that area or if they don't back out of church and call police. I believe they found her in the open. JMO

I go back and forth on if I think LE has clued in on a SP but I have followed cases here for over two years and I can't recall any case where LE did ask for help from the public nor give out a warning of a random killer in the community. I just don't think that is ever happening anymore, but MOO, and I could be way wrong. I see it as kind of like clearing family and friends etc that we hear a lot of talk about wanting done but yet LE never really "clears" folks anymore like they used to.

LE is not asking for help from the public nor warning of a random killer in the community. The loud silence is clear. SwatPerp is under surveillance. JMHO

I have wondered if that is overlapping footage as well. Another question - the beginning of scene 3. SP isn't there yet. Empty scene with him about to come in to view. What triggered the recording to start before he was in the field of view for that camera? Possibly configured to all start recording whenever any motion is detected??
That is the $64,000 question. My working theory is that SP triggered it entering Room 12. How else did they get in there, in order to come out of there?

That whole sequence I believe to be a message by MPD to SP saying "AHA, I know what you were doing!" And not just simply leaving a room and breaking a window. My working theory of this crime includes a staged burglary and I believe that sequence shows that. My working theory of the crime also includes that SP knew where the cameras were and how to move about that building largely unseen and only being seen when they wanted to be seen - except the last sequence.

Once I can determine if that door seen open further down the hall is a second door or not to Room 12 it will narrow the possibilities in what transpired there. Room 12 is rather large. The two rooms further South are even larger. So, I haven't yet ruled that door out as a second door to Room 12. If that is a door to another room then we should have video of SP walking right toward that camera a picture of whatever part of their face is visible almost as if they were standing in front of us. Then I would question, just what MPD was holding back.

That is the $64,000 question. My working theory is that SP triggered it entering Room 12. How else did they get in there, in order to come out of there?

That whole sequence I believe to be a message by MPD to SP saying "AHA, I know what you were doing!" And not just simply leaving a room and breaking a window. My working theory of this crime includes a staged burglary and I believe that sequence shows that. My working theory of the crime also includes that SP knew where the cameras were and how to move about that building largely unseen and only being seen when they wanted to be seen - except the last sequence.

Once I can determine if that door seen open further down the hall is a second door or not to Room 12 it will narrow the possibilities in what transpired there. Room 12 is rather large. The two rooms further South are even larger. So, I haven't yet ruled that door out as a second door to Room 12. If that is a door to another room then we should have video of SP walking right toward that camera a picture of whatever part of their face is visible almost as if they were standing in front of us. Then I would question, just what MPD was holding back.

What do you make of the footage at 1:13 on the long MPD video? How is the camera that is in the SW corner pointing down the south hall already recording before SP enters the frame?

Do you think SP was staging the robbery to 'actually' fool the police long term or just enough to convince MB swat was justified to be there in case he wasn't able to ambush from behind?

We do not know if the campers are under a gag order.....my guess is that LE asked them not to speak publicly. But with all the locals who have come here to say that they have "heard" this and that, and or "know" the campers or one of them or know friends of the campers, it seems to me that they must have talked, and those who they talked to talked and on and on.......One poster who I have not seen in a long time, indicated that s/he knew the campers, knew the family and knew (knows) MC and KC as well, but she said that she is so defensive of the family that she felt that she would not be of much assistance posting here. She DID seem to know details that only someone close would know. Just My Opinion.

CG trainers were told to not speak to media, but that was not from police AFAIK...I know media called trainers pretending to be concerned campers to try and get info.

They may have a day and night mode. Just a thought. -Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member