TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the still-shot, the one where the perp is looking directly into the camera, and enlarged it/zoomed-in to it.
That is all I did to it, and I used Irfanview.
I cannot get it any clearer than this, and of course, 'enlarging' it, messes up the pixels. But here it is.
(This looks like a "male", to me.)

attachment.php

I meant to also show this one.
It is the same still-shot, but it is not 'enlarged', as much.
(You will notice that, in the one that is 'enlarged' the most, the eyes then 'look like', they are closer together.)

In the one that is 'enlarged' the most, you can certainly get a better look at the "silver" strip across the helmet, though.
(At first, I thought that might just be how the light was shining on it.
However, it looks like it might be something more uniformed than that. That it might actually be something on the helmet.)

Some have mentioned that it looked like there might be something attached to the side of the helmet. Looking at this, it seems that it 'might' have something attached. Although I don't know what the thing is, exactly, if there is something attached to it.

attachment.php

````````
This is what comes to my mind (and always has), in regard to the person who this gear belongs to:

1. They have an interest in these things.
(and more than likely already had this gear, before, they did this case.)

(and they like hi-tech stuff)

2. They have possibly been in the "military".

3. They possibly have an interest in, "sports".
(weight-lifting, martial arts, other)

Their body form is possibly, in good/very good shape. (defined muscles, etc.)

Attachments

• same shot - enlarged.jpg
    same shot - enlarged.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 236
  • same shot - enlarged.jpg
    same shot - enlarged.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 209
  • same still-shot.jpg
    same still-shot.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 284
I have a question about this, and maybe someone has seen some images or footage that might clear it up. In the photo below, you can see through the vestibule into the area we've been discussing. The bulletin board can be seen through the left door (yellow arrow). To the left of that door, there's a irregular edged area on one of the vestibule windows that looks odd. I wonder if this pane of safety glass has been smashed out (red arrow)? Directly behind the window to the left of the broken looking window you can see what appears to be a dark-colored doorway (blue arrow) - presumably that doorway is across the hallway from the windows, which I believe may be one of the restroom doors.

So my question is, if MB's body was found in that restroom hallway, could the pane of glass that appears broken have been broken in the struggle? I'm curious what others think or if anyone else can confirm this window was popped. Especially you safety glass experts or folks who have been on the property. Thanks in advance!

attachment.php

Edited to reword for clarification.

Good observation. I can't tell if that's broken glass or not, it could be. Does anybody know if there was an area or room within the church that wasn't released right away?

Ok. I now see what you are saying. But....don't you think the NE camera would have picked up the perp coming down the north (kichen) hallway and then to SP'S exit through the kitchen door?

And the reason I say this is because during the 1st sequence of the video, SP is clearly taped by the NE camera as he comes out of the kitchen and then as he heads west to the west side main hallway.

Good question. We do have to have the perp get out that door without being seen. Here's what I think happened, that would allow that possibility:
1 The NE cam was too far away to detect movement at the W end of the northside hall and turn on, until someone got much closer. I think.
2 With perp exiting at kitchen door, he was never close enough to trigger the cam. I think.
3 The early sequence in the released video shows perp closer to the cam, farther east on that northside hall, when it turned on. I think.
4 It's possible that perp had opened doors in that hall, like we see him doing in other halls, and that they further obscured movement and prevented cam from turning on and recording. Just a guess that maybe we have an added factor too.

great question. Usually Nancy Grace would interview them, and the family.

Considering the People magazine interviews with some Bevers clan, one would think a magazine, newspaper, tv show would have gotten a first hand account by this stage of game.

Good question. We do have to have the perp get out that door without being seen. Here's what I think happened, that would allow that possibility:
1 The NE cam was too far away to detect movement at the W end of the northside hall and turn on, until someone got much closer. I think.
2 With perp exiting at kitchen door, he was never close enough to trigger the cam. I think.
3 The early sequence in the released video shows perp closer to the cam, farther east on that northside hall, when it turned on. I think.
4 It's possible that perp had opened doors in that hall, like we see him doing in other halls, and that they further obscured movement and prevented cam from turning on and recording. Just a guess that maybe we have an added factor too.
Why are you so sure SP escaped that way? I think the cops were a tad "pixalated" and unsure when they said he left the way he came in. It was a shaky assumption imo.

Also, if you look at the 2nd sequence of videos in the West
main hallway, there are 2 doors along the west side, (opposite side from Holy Grounds). One of the doors is opened and the next one is where the SP gives up trying to get into.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Okay so the "target numbers" referred to in the SW include 11 number for 9 people and as stated by cbs BB had 2 numbers. That accounts for 10 numbers - where is the 11th number?

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/09/ng.01.html
(Copied directly from cnn link by me)
GRACE: For those of you just joining us, we have identified and profiled those 11 numbers that police are targeting. Of those 11 numbers, there are only 9 individuals.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/
(Copied directly from cbs link by me)
Their phone numbers are labelled in the warrant “Target Numbers.” The nine people include Missy Bevers and her husband Brandon. His two cell numbers are listed.

The nine people list in the SW are: BB, MB, VB, RB, AT, CT, KC, MC, WH

(Copied directly from AT&T SW by me)
Based upon the facts and circumstances surrounding this crime of murder as presently
known by the Affiant, and in conjunction with the Affiants training and experiences in law
enforcement, crimes against persons, and criminal activity, Affiant believes and charges
that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect was
in possession of a cell phone and had been in contact in some manner with "Target
Numbers" identified above for the following purposes, without limitation: (i) confirming
through public social media sites and/or applications the updated workout times and
locations as posted by Ms. Bevers; (ii) communicating in the nature of calls, messages,
texting, emails, data, push-to-talk, and walky-talky; (iii) using smart phone capabilities to
photograph, record, and/or video the victim and the murderous act; and (iv) using
functional applications and tools such as map locator applications, clock or timing
capabilities, GPS locating applications, and flashlight.
Additionally, your Affiant has relied upon his common experience, as well as informational
research obtained (demonstrating that over ninety percent of American adults own a cell
phone and a substantial percentage of such cell phones possess smart phone
capabilities) in establishing that the vast majority of the populous own, possess, utilize,
and carry on or about their person (or within their vehicle) a cell phone on a regular and
constant basis, and consequently, Affiant has further probable cause to believe that at
during the specified date range the "Target Numbers" did in fact have contact with Ms.
Bevers.
Your Affiant seeks to obtain historical records maintained by AT&T in the ordinary course
of business which document all such electronic/digital signals to/from the "Target
Numbers" (for a specified date range), which can be analyzed and utilized to identify
specific cell phone devices, GPS locations and cell phone subscriber information, which
in turn can lead to the identity of the unknown suspect(s) responsible for the murder of
Ms. Bevers as described above.

Okay so the "target numbers" referred to in the SW include 11 number for 9 people and as stated by cbs BB had 2 numbers. That accounts for 10 numbers - where is the 11th number?

GRACE: For those of you just joining us, we have identified and profiled those 11 numbers that police are targeting. Of those 11 numbers, there are only 9 individuals.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/05/bevers-was-having-marital-problems-before-murder/
Their phone numbers are labelled in the warrant “Target Numbers.” The nine people include Missy Bevers and her husband Brandon. His two cell numbers are listed.

Based upon the facts and circumstances surrounding this crime of murder as presently
known by the Affiant, and in conjunction with the Affiants training and experiences in law
enforcement, crimes against persons, and criminal activity, Affiant believes and charges
that at the time of the commission of the offense of murder that the unknown suspect was
in possession of a cell phone and had been in contact in some manner with "Target
Numbers" identified above for the following purposes, without limitation: (i) confirming
through public social media sites and/or applications the updated workout times and
locations as posted by Ms. Bevers; (ii) communicating in the nature of calls, messages,
texting, emails, data, push-to-talk, and walky-talky; (iii) using smart phone capabilities to
photograph, record, and/or video the victim and the murderous act; and (iv) using
functional applications and tools such as map locator applications, clock or timing
Additionally, your Affiant has relied upon his common experience, as well as informational
research obtained (demonstrating that over ninety percent of American adults own a cell
capabilities) in establishing that the vast majority of the populous own, possess, utilize,
and carry on or about their person (or within their vehicle) a cell phone on a regular and
constant basis, and consequently, Affiant has further probable cause to believe that at
during the specified date range the "Target Numbers" did in fact have contact with Ms.
Bevers.
Your Affiant seeks to obtain historical records maintained by AT&T in the ordinary course
of business which document all such electronic/digital signals to/from the "Target
Numbers" (for a specified date range), which can be analyzed and utilized to identify
specific cell phone devices, GPS locations and cell phone subscriber information, which
in turn can lead to the identity of the unknown suspect(s) responsible for the murder of

IIRC- there were two folks that had 2 numbers associated with them. May have been BB and VB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bevers.

V Bevers also had 2 numbers

targets.JPG

Were I to know and care about someone who experienced such a horrible, senseless death...someone who was (will always be) a mom to three children and a loved one to far more...the last thing I would do is speak to any media. Missy and her family deserve the utmost dignity, and an interview with NG (with anyone for that matter) IMO only sullies her memory and amps any vulnerabilty that remains. I would also be concerned that I would unknowingly say something that would enervate LE's case. Sorry this is probably a hot mess. I'm writing it on a friend's phone and the screen is so littered with fingerprints I can't see a thing. Plus I'm grumpy -- the heat and humidity are so oppressive that I might as well be Sweat Perp!

IIRC- there were two folks that had 2 numbers associated with them. May have been BB and VB.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO - I find it peculiar for someone to have 2 cell phones. Unless one is company issued and no personal use is allowed or if one is a "secret" phone. In years past a cell phone was considered a "perk", but that's no longer the case.

Why are you so sure SP escaped that way? I think the cops were a tad "pixalated" and unsure when they said he left the way he came in. It was a shaky assumption imo.

Also, if you look at the 2nd sequence of videos in the West main hallway, there are 2 doors along the west side, (opposite side from Holy Grounds). One of the doors is opened and the next one is where the SP gives up trying to get into.

The cops have never wavered from the belief that perp exited via kitchen door. I trust they have excellent investigative skills, perhaps physical evidence we know nothing about, and good reasoning for that conclusion. So, since they know way way way more than we do about the scene and what was visible in the wake of the murder, I accept their thinking and work from there.

Yes there are doors on the W side of the westside hall, across from Holy Grounds. But, respectfully, not sure of your point, as their presence is not unknown to me, and they don't matter either way re my ideas. [Not snarky, just fail to follow. :) ]

In addition, I'd be a hot mess and likely would be pretty "trainqed" out. How can one stop revisiting the scene that morning? It'd be a movie scene in my head, on repeat. I wouldn't be too jazzed to talk about it. Obviously this is IMO because. ..it's clearly my opinion.

Good question. "Out of range of the camera" isn't about their field of vision, strictly speaking.

It's about a characteristic of those cams that LE has noted and that we see in the other videos, which is that they would trigger to the on position when they detected movement, and they would trigger to the off position (and stop recording) when they didn't, and as you move farther away from them, the less likely for the camera to detect your presence/movement. So we see in the released video that as perp moved down the hall away from the camera, he suddenly vanishes into thin air, and then when he comes back he reappears from nowhere, even though it's still within the sight lines of the camera strictly speaking.

Like I said, not only do we see that in perp video, but LE has mentioned it.

So from what LE says, it's the same thing with MB. At some point in the main (ie west side) hallway, as she's walking away from the cam, they told us that it stopped recording, and they also told us that this "disappearing act" happened in the broad "vicinity" of where her body was found. So it's logical that the cam shuts off somewhere SW-ish, and I have drawn my map to reflect that (with the red X's denoting potential places where her body may have been found, places with no cam).

attachment.php

While I am now on board with your ideas of where she may have been attacked and found, I am starting to doubt LEs statements about what was caught on camera. When I look at the short MPD videos (the zoomed out versions), it really looks as though the cameras can see all the way down the hallways. I agree there may be some far edges where motion would no longer be detected, but anything within the primary view (most of the entire hall) should trigger enough pixel change to keep recording. I will buy that an open door could cause issues, but that seems like you would still see her walking, then get immediately dragged out of frame or something. You can set cameras to ignore motion in specified areas of the field of view, but I can't imagine they did that for a church. Why tell them to ignore the ends of the halls? I also assume if they had a technical glitch they would have mentioned that they didn't have the attack on film due to some technical malfunction. I have watched the film over and over, looked at all the maps, and I just can't figure out how to align what they said MB did, where she was found and what should have been on camera if it happened as they stated. The only other option is back to the bathrooms. I guess if she pulls up, headlights trigger motion and record her walking in the door where she immediately turns left and then is out of view - but that is a pretty liberal interpretation of "we see her in the video. She's walking down the main hallway in the vicinity of where we located her". That means her walking down the main hallway is all of 1 or 2 steps once inside the door.

Considering the People magazine interviews with some Bevers clan, one would think a magazine, newspaper, tv show would have gotten a first hand account by this stage of game.

It seems to me (jmo) that they have been asked not to talk to the press or let details get out about what they saw. I'm sure therapists wouldn't count if they were as traumatized as I know I would be. I have actually found a dead body before, but it turned out to be an alcoholic who froze to death...still it's not something one finds easy to deal with..

I always wonder why anyone would want to pay for two separate cellphone plans. Business owned vs personal?

I have had companies who supplied me with a phone, for contact with certain clients, so my personal phone number was not given out.

Also, MB's business "location" was her phone, not a storefront. In that setup, the way you shut the doors is to be able to turn off the phone at a certain hour, and send all the calls to voicemail until you "open" again for business.

Of course, there are also nefarious reasons for an extra phone.

The cops have never wavered from the belief that perp exited via kitchen door. I trust they have excellent investigative skills, perhaps physical evidence we know nothing about, and good reasoning for that conclusion. So, since they know way way way more than we do about the scene and what was visible in the wake of the murder, I accept their thinking and work from there.

Yes there are doors on the W side of the westside hall, across from Holy Grounds. But, respectfully, not sure of your point, as their presence is not unknown to me, and they don't matter either way re my ideas. [Not snarky, just fail to follow. :) ]
I was responding to your map.
Your map shows only one room-
the Kids Room. There are obviously 2 rooms there, therefore making your map confusing.

And it was my impression that in the 1st sequence video, SP was coming out of the kitchen. (See your #3.)

And please link where the police have stated about the exit. All of them, please.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member