TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has stated that perp and Missy were not seen on video again
They have also stated that all video has not been released.
There is, obviously, more video of perp , before the murder. Nothing after

IMHO, both of LE statements are correct

Disclaimer: All of my posts and the post below are my opinion and are for entertainment purposes only:

Ever since seeing the video on my local news channels I've always thought this was a burglary gone wrong. Since time has passed, I am now even more convinced that this was a burglary gone wrong. I believe the perp/suspect put a halt to his burglarizing activities for a while after the murder, but eventually went back to his "routine" and made a few mistakes along the way.
I also think that LE has a suspect they are focusing on and may possibly charge the suspect with capital murder relatively soon (less than a month). Just my opinion

All JMO, but they owe us nothing in regards to updates on the case. I won't argue my opinion vs. others, but I truly believe if they thought the public wasn't safe, we would know. I don't think you have that many teams involved and have no clue. Also, I don't think they're going to tip their hand to let the perp know they're on to them. I could be wrong, and own that, but that's been my gut feel all along. I think it was personal.

I agree with you on the regards to updates, but I(we) want the SwatPerp brought to justice. It's very understanding that the public is limited to vital information given out due to jeopardizing Missy's case. We would NEVER want that to happen.

My opinions have always been:

warning graphic

1. She was targeted(don't know why)
2. She was murdered in the SW corner of the
church near the auditorium
3. The SwatPerp attacked her with a type of
hammer, causing her to fall where glass was
broken with a possible struggle, then used some
type of firearm on Missy
4. The SwatPerp then attempts to clean up and
exits back down the hallway in which they
entered
5. I'm not sure if the SwatPerp is male or female
my thoughts change
6. I don't think we've been subjected to all of the
video surveillance due to evidence the LE are
trying keep from leaking evidence

My heart breaks and goes out to the family and friends of Missy Bevers

This is a very minor graphic synopsis of what I personally think happened and is always JMHO

RIP Missy 🌹

LE is not asking for help from the public nor warning of a random killer in the community. The loud silence is clear. SwatPerp is under surveillance. JMHO

The question you ask, is generally that of how MB could have been last seen, and then not seen again.

I do have an answer with a logical explanation. My idea isn't one that necessarily wows, but it can work. And the problem is, what are the alternatives? I'm not challenging you, or others, but only working this in a mathematical mindset where you take what you have, work within the limits, and see where that goes.

On the map below ...
The blue arrow, showing MB's entry and early steps in the building, is fact.* LE has told us she (a) entered the SW doors, (b) went up the main hallway being seen by cam, (c) at some point was no longer seen, presumably too far from cam.
* We don't know if she stops where this arrow does, or goes much farther. But she should have gotten approximately this far, if not farther, per LE's words.

So if she is out of sight there or somewhere farther up, and ends up found in "the southwest corner of the interior of the building" without being seen (as LE has sworn under oath), then how and where? It has to be a place where she can get there unseen and also perp can leave unseen and leave by the kitchen door.

I have made some guesses that could fit. Is there a better one? Not that I see. But I'm listening, just in case.

One possibility is that she's attacked/grabbed as she passes the corner of P1, and shoved into the auditorium. Another is that it happens at P2 and she's shoved into the kids room. A third is farther up the hall at P3. In each of those places, there is a hiding corner and a door out of the hallway as well. In each option (*graphic detail warning*) it's possible that the initial attack slowed her badly but she tried to escape, and was trying to flee while being pursued in a damaged state and then finally being beaten to death where she was caught. That allows for movement, without carrying. But, maybe she was carried or dragged a ways, that could fit just as easily.

But in any event, each of those scenarios is fully off camera view, and allows a path from where she was last seen, to some SW place.

As for those theorized ideas for where her body was found, each can fit generally into the given description of "the southwest corner of the interior of the building." And I don't see any better ones, to get to and leave from, unseen by cam. Just like the "porte-cochere vs awning" discussion, we have to be liberal in our allowance for what LE meant by that description, because what was meant is what they were thinking of, even if the words could be used to indicate other specific places.

The kids room location, that's really near to the SW of the entire building, but not quite in the precise absolute exact corner itself. But it's in that area. And there's a possible off-cam route to the kitchen door exit.

The auditorium location works if, to them, the expression "interior of the building" meant the auditorium (and that's possible, since that's the most interior area). And from there, there's a possible off-cam route to the kitchen door exit.

I'm certainly open to any other areas that fit LE's description, in any broad way, but only if they also could have been accessed in an unseen fashion from where we can last place her in the hall, and only if there's a way to get from there to a kitchen door exit off cam. So far, these are the only ones I can come up with.

attachment.php

I can see only one place this occurring and that is at P2.

P1 - to me this is not the location because this would have been detected on camera. I believe LE would have stated "We see MB enter building at 4:18am move toward SP location where assault begins. (Something like that)
This location per the map is seen in the video. Does not look like SP went to that location in video we have all seen nor do we see a door open.

P2 is likely if she were walking up the hall towards SP location; however, if SP location is off camera the only way LE would know his location is after they have viewed the video because SP would have been off camera and they know where they located MB. (This is possible) Although I do not believe she was found in a room.

P3 - would likely be off the table as well due to cameras at that end of the building.

I have a few items:

1) I went back and watched the video start to finish. The lights in the church never turn off behind SP. Meaning we first SP you can see light glare on floor. We see SP at bulletin board lights are on down hall in background and where SP is located and if you watch the lights behind SP never turn off.

2)When SP turns to go to double dutch doors the lights are on and even down at the end of the hallway where SP disappears the lights are already on.

3) So MB was not going into an unlit building. Except the vestibule areas - the one at the SW corner does not look lit.

4) Also, why was MB walking towards P1 area? It has already been stated that CG members bring their own water bottles and if she were bringing a few extra bottles why not fill them at home instead of walking all the way to the kitchen. I just do not see any reason for MB to be walking down that hall towards the front unless the church allowed her two entry points and I just don't see this occurring as no one would be able to make sure someone did not come into the church during the class which was away from the area that MB was holding the class. JMO

I didn't want to know the specific details personally and the person who told me said some details were left out because it was so traumatic. Yes, I want the case solved and it's interesting to me to read/comment on here, but I believe MPD has this case under control and knows who did it, but are trying to nail down an airtight case. JMO

THANK YOU for your thoughtful reply. I, along with many others I'm sure, appreciate and understand where you are coming from. I also believe that MPD has the case under control and diligently working toward an arrest and conviction of the murderer. Meantime, the public - including US here at WS just need to be patient and have confidence in the official investigative process. JMO

I believe they have the case under control as well. The last update they gave stated they were analyzing the cell tower data/cell phone data. All of this takes time and resources to complete. I believe this is a very important piece that will make the case airtight. Of course this is MOO and there's a good chance that my opinion is way off.

RBBM Cannonball

Well, which do you think is the correct statement?
I posted that my theory was SwatPerp left the way they entered which I think was down the hallway! Your response to me was the first quote from you.

My thoughts were my opinion based on my notes and what LE has given to us, which meant we have "not see all of the surveillance video"

Call me wrong again but I still believe the LE and that's my story [emoji15]

Not being snarky JMO [emoji202]

No snark taken. There is more unreleased video of the perp from prior to the attack. As far as after the attack, there is Spann's statement that he is seen after, and there is a SW statement that he is not seen again.

I tend to believe the SW because it is a sworn statement prepared in advance and presented to a judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I've literally been looking in the mirror and trying to simulate the walk of SP. Its NOT easy! You would think this person would really stand out if they are in the local community.

Whatever happened to the "creepy" linkdin message? Hmmmmm

P3 would be in the NW quadrant. But that's only a proposed spot for perp to have been lurking, from which to initiate an attack, and nothing more.

Remember
1 LE hasn't said anything about where the attack began. The implication is somewhere in or off the main (ie, west side) hallway, but that's all we have, an implication or perhaps their educated guess.
2 Nor have they said that anything about where MB was killed.
3 All we have is where her body was found, which was in "the southwest corner of the interior of the building."

PS - While I've seen it conjectured here and there, I've not seen any factual evidence or proof that perp did any clean up.

It's reported in several places that there was clean up, I'll go find a link. Also, IIRC LE said that in one of the press conferences.
We need to create a wiki page like Cannonball suggested so that we have all of the established facts from LE in one place.

No snark taken. There is more unreleased video of the perp from prior to the attack. As far as after the attack, there is Spann's statement that he is seen after, and there is a SW statement that he is not seen again.

I tend to believe the SW because it is a sworn statement prepared in advance and presented to a judge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for pointing out that Spann made the statement that the perp was seen after the attack and the the SW said perp was not seen after the attack. Like you, I think the SW is correct. This has been bothering me on who/where it was said, but I haven't had time to look into it.

P3 would be in the NW quadrant. But that's only a proposed spot for perp to have been lurking, from which to initiate an attack, and nothing more.

Remember
1 LE hasn't said anything about where the attack began. The implication is somewhere in or off the main (ie, west side) hallway, but that's all we have, an implication or perhaps their educated guess.
2 Nor have they said that anything about where MB was killed.
3 All we have is where her body was found, which was in "the southwest corner of the interior of the building."

PS - While I've seen it conjectured here and there, I've not seen any factual evidence or proof that perp did any clean up.

bbm
Authorities have said they found evidence of forced entry at the church and believe Mrs Bevan may have walked in on a robbery while preparing for her Camp Gladiator fitness class.
They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...trange-messages-got-killed-dumped-church.html

-.-.-.-

Btw, same article:

'If it wasn't for me leaning on God as heavily as I am right now, OK, there is no way — I would be melted just into this asphalt,’ he told NBC.
'There is no way the Brandon Bevers before this would be standing here today without me leaning on God, and His word and His direction, like, I find peace in it. It's very comforting. I obtain wisdom from it.'
He also added he had been to visit police officers working on the case as he often likes to talk what he has on his mind.
He also added he had refused to read any reports detailing the injuries his wife sustained before she died.

‘I haven't even read it, so don't divulge. I haven't even read the story. I saw it and I was unwilling to even...and I'm not even there so don't tell me anything.
Terri Bevers was found dead by one of her bootcamp participants at the church at around 5am on April 18.

-.-.-.-

This husband makes it look easy for himself.

I didn't want to know the specific details personally and the person who told me said some details were left out because it was so traumatic. Yes, I want the case solved and it's interesting to me to read/comment on here, but I believe MPD has this case under control and knows who did it, but are trying to nail down an airtight case. JMO

Not to mention that some details could be left out due to minimum amount of people knowing such details including only SP.

It's reported in several places that there was clean up, I'll go find a link. Also, IIRC LE said that in one of the press conferences.
We need to create a wiki page like Cannonball suggested so that we have all of the established facts from LE in one place.
Somewhat graphic------ LEalso stated "signs of a struggle".....I'm curious if glass didn't break during the struggle or if one of them didn't end up going thru a glass window or door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member