TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted it before. POI is possibly a CChurch affiliate. Motive: MB "disgraced" "their" church with something, that was either directly or indirectly (tape) witnessed by that person not so long prior to MB's murder. The CG group in general was an "eyesore" to that person. They wanted them to find MB "crucified" at the church. They "cleansed" the church by their action. Somebody knows, but is bound by priest-penitent privilege. LE was still tipped off by a person close to person with knowledge. Bevers family.. is not involved.

All IMO

-Nin
That was my very first thought when I heard the murder was at the COC (no disrespect... but some adhere to a stricter way of life.). Taking into consideration the brutal manner in which MB was killed, and deliberately attacking her face and chest, leaving tools behind the way they did. That was before we knew about the creepy message, any infidelity/jealously motive, dog blood, the gun theory, the "killed for money" theory, or the B&E idea.

Yes it is a broad sweep, with just those two possible motives (money stuff, or sex/relationship stuff). Guilty as charged!!

But it's also the truth that these are what drive the vast majority of bad crimes. And I mention it because sometimes it pays to play to the odds. That is to say, if I'm stuck or confused on motive, I wanna make sure I'm looking most of all for my fish in the areas where fish tend to be. Maybe this is best categorized as "Note to self: it was probably about money or sex." :)
I saw three - Money, Sex and Relationship.
I'm all but counting out:
-Random (way to much detail. No longer believe it was possible for SP to be this lucky). It was highly planned.
-Burglary (doesn't look like one, front to back)
-Religious (extremely rare in modern Christianity)
-Complicated (she was by all accounts a relatively simple person)
-Nefarious (gun-running, et al) She was a home schooling mom.
So we narrow the circle quite a bit. So why can't we find someone pretty close by, who was REALLY mad at her, that is on video and walks and stands this uniquely and was out at 3,4 in the morning crawling around a church, wearing Swat gear?
ps We have (or should have) every call, text, e-mail, she ever made or was a part of and every dollar (where, when, how much) in the past 6 months.

with respect it doesn't and it's not lighting I checked so not sure what it is. A door jam would also be the same color as the door with a little rubber piece at the bottom and this is white and pretty good size.
Looks shiny silver (galvanized steel) to me. The flip down kind.

NIn..

That was my very first thought when I heard the murder was at the COC (no disrespect... but some adhere to a stricter way of life.). Taking into consideration the brutal manner in which MB was killed, and deliberately attacking her face and chest, leaving tools behind the way they did. That was before we knew about the creepy message, any infidelity/jealously motive, dog blood, the gun theory, the "killed for money" theory, or the B&E idea.

(edited.. due to bouncing all over the road in an RV, my finger hit send prematurely.)

I'm no help in the motive department, but the religious one is certainly up there. B&E is off the table for me.

MOO.

I've always thought the perp being on camera was the key to this case being solved somewhat quickly. Now I wonder if this has only hurt the investigation and sent LE I'm a direction they would have never gone if there were no video cameras.

If you look at their online bulletin, they have 250+ folks in attendance on Sundays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed: also on Sunday evenings there was a regularly service. Preparation time for perp maybe ....? .... cleaning convoy ....?

I've always thought the perp being on camera was the key to this case being solved somewhat quickly. Now I wonder if this has only hurt the investigation and sent LE I'm a direction they would have never gone if there were no video cameras.

We have at least this distinct gait. If that doesn't help :dunno:

Disclaimer: All of my posts and the post below are my opinion and are for entertainment purposes only:

Ever since seeing the video on my local news channels I've always thought this was a burglary gone wrong. Since time has passed, I am now even more convinced that this was a burglary gone wrong. I believe the perp/suspect put a halt to his burglarizing activities for a while after the murder, but eventually went back to his "routine" and made a few mistakes along the way.
I also think that LE has a suspect they are focusing on and may possibly charge the suspect with capital murder relatively soon (less than a month). Just my opinion

Typically in cases like this there is significant amount of cooperation needed between multiple law enforcement agencies. Checking arrest reports from multiple agencies on a daily basis is a very time consuming, diligent process. Eventually it pays off.

:cow:

NIN, would you expound on these two points for a bit more of understanding, please?

1) If, in the SP's mind, Missy was in some manner disgracing the CoC, why did SP feel murdering her would be a forgiven sin upon Judgement Day? Murder is against the tenets of the CoC since they wholly believe in both testaments of the Bible.

1) Never have I been one to feel that MB did anything at or inside the church other than perform her duties as a CG trainer. If the SP was a CoC member, why wait seven months to kill her for what they deemed to be a "disgrace" worthy of crucifying?

Church of Christ
Basic Beliefs

6. We believe in the literal second coming and millennial reign of Jesus Christ; in the resurrection of the Dead, and in Eternal Judgment; that men will be rewarded or punished according to the good or evil they may have done.
(Mat 16:27; Rev 20 : 1-6, 12-15, 22: 12; 1 Ne 7:55-62; 2 Ne 12:87-99; A 19:66-69)

http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/basicBeliefs.html

O/T that is a new revelation to me.
Basic belief:

23. We believe a temple will be built in this generation, in Independence, Missouri, wherein Christ will reveal himself and endow his servants whom he chooses with power to preach the gospel in all the world to every kindred, tongue and people, that the promises of God to Israel may be fulfilled.
(Mic 4:1-2; Mal 3:1-4; 3 Ne 10:4; Eth 6:8)

For clarification:

The "Church of Christ" in that above website ( http://www.churchofchrist-tl.org/about.html ) is a group of individuals who were/are Mormons, but shortened their name from "The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" (or Mormon church) to distinguish a difference of opinion from some of the Mormon beliefs.

This website ( http://church-of-christ.org/who ) is an explanation of the beliefs church of Christ who were never affiliated with Mormanism.
These Christians believe we can "reproduce in contemporary times the church originally established on Pentecost, A.D. 30. and strive to adhere to the teachings of Christ's original church as revealed to us by the BIBLE."

The second group is more close to the beliefs of the Creekside church, with one exception that I see...instrumental music used in worship services.

IF someone "punished" MB for being taped on video doing something you wouldn't be allowed to do in a church (in his conception) then it could be the "voyeur" who looked at the church monitor (surveillance video tape). IF it is him (which gender ever) then it makes sense that he knows 100% of dead corners without video taping and camera positions and all of the church layout (windows, halls, doors, hallways, rooms plus inventary, ...). And it makes sense he dressed with SWAT gear. Where to take a cleaning device from he would know also very well. My thoughts only.

Okay, I have always been firmly on the idea that the perp is someone very close to MB, or it was planned by someone close. That someone could be from a large group of people, but basically anyone close enough to have a strong relationship or financial motive for the murder.

But...if it wasn't, your theory isn't too crazy. If there was someone who regularly viewed the cameras, and they did ever see MB doing anything inappropriate (maybe right before or after class), it could give them motive in their head and definitely would fit with how well SP seems to know the camera system.

I go back and forth on just how well SP knew the camera system though. The SP outfit, although I think served dual purpose, definitely was used to conceal identity. That alone to me says SP knew there were functioning cameras inside. The movement seems to indicate they knew the cameras well. The fact the murder occurred out of camera range implies they knew exactly where the blind spots were. One thing that doesn't fit though, is they do on occasion look directly at the cameras. I would think you would never risk looking up (even if everything but your eyes were covered) if you had prior knowledge of exactly where they were and what areas they recorded. The looking up and circling of the hallways could in part be to determine the number and location. If you see 2 mounted above the SW corner, it is easy to figure out standing underneath them wouldn't be recorded. Or if you open doors and just pop your head in and shine a flashlight at the ceiling, you can see if that room has cameras. So maybe part of the wandering was to fake the b&e, but maybe it really was to figure out the camera system, knowing they wanted to commit the murder without being recorded??

Originally Posted by No it's not
I have posted it before. POI is possibly a CChurch affiliate. Motive: MB "disgraced" "their" church with something, that was either directly or indirectly (tape) witnessed by that person not so long prior to MB's murder. The CG group in general was an "eyesore" to that person. They wanted them to find MB "crucified" at the church. They "cleansed" the church by their action. Somebody knows, but is bound by priest-penitent privilege. LE was still tipped off by a person close to person with knowledge. Bevers family.. is not involved.

All IMO

-Nin

With respect, if a member of Creekside disagreed with MB using that facility because they believed it was a "disgrace" to the church, all they had to do was request that CG find another facility. If one person didn't like CG using the facility, there probably were others, and COC members, ministers, elders, deacons do listen to the membership on this sort of thing and try to keep from offending others.

Killing would be much more of a disgrace than the eyesore of the CG group.

Also COC minsters and/ or elders do not hear "confessions," in the sense of " priest-penitent privilege." The COC believes that the ministers and elders role is to teach, guide, and "shepherd" the flock, but that they have no more special privilege or esteem than other members. If a person has sinned an sincerely desires to be restored, all they have to do is state this and request the prayers of the congregation. They do not have to divulge their particular "sin." COC members believe it is not their place to judge the persons sincerity and that forgiveness is up to GOD alone according to the persons true repentance.
~MOO with first hand knowledge of COC beliefs~

Okay, I have always been firmly on the idea that the perp is someone very close to MB, or it was planned by someone close. That someone could be from a large group of people, but basically anyone close enough to have a strong relationship or financial motive for the murder.

But...if it wasn't, your theory isn't too crazy. If there was someone who regularly viewed the cameras, and they did ever see MB doing anything inappropriate (maybe right before or after class), it could give them motive in their head and definitely would fit with how well SP seems to know the camera system.

I go back and forth on just how well SP knew the camera system though. The SP outfit, although I think served dual purpose, definitely was used to conceal identity. That alone to me says SP knew there were functioning cameras inside. The movement seems to indicate they knew the cameras well. The fact the murder occurred out of camera range implies they knew exactly where the blind spots were. One thing that doesn't fit though, is they do on occasion look directly at the cameras. I would think you would never risk looking up (even if everything but your eyes were covered) if you had prior knowledge of exactly where they were and what areas they recorded. The looking up and circling of the hallways could in part be to determine the number and location. If you see 2 mounted above the SW corner, it is easy to figure out standing underneath them wouldn't be recorded. Or if you open doors and just pop your head in and shine a flashlight at the ceiling, you can see if that room has cameras. So maybe part of the wandering was to fake the b&e, but maybe it really was to figure out the camera system, knowing they wanted to commit the murder without being recorded??

I would venture a guess that this suspect knew MB. As much as we would like to avoid the issue, it has been confirmed that there were previous marital affairs and that they were working on their marriage.
Im not sure that BB knew of the current conversations MB was carrying on but the MIL made mention of it in the people interview and I gather that the family may have known about the previous problems.
What I draw from this is that, she may have been staying in the marriage like alot of people who do it for the kids. That being said, if she had other love interest that we dont know about, then it is very possible that that someone may have been upset that she wasn't leaving BB. Who knows how long there may have been a relationship outside of the marriage, but if for any length of time that person could have developed feelings of hurt and anger. Some people can handle an extra marital affair where the husband or wife of another is never going to leave, and others not so much. Maybe someone couldn't stand the thought of her going home to BB every night. Maybe she was actually working on her relationship at home, but with the revelation of the flirtatious text, and having a history of infidelity I doubt it.
Also, someone who would go to these lengths to rid the world of another person over a broken heart, is the same person who would at least prior to the act feel justified in doing so and therefore consider not being id'ed because they had all intentions of continuing on with their lives, or maybe they also have a family at home. The human emotion is a rabbit hole that will never fully be understood.

SP (or accomplice) hadn't enough time to let MB go somewhere but had to kill her as quickly as possible near the SW entrance, I think. If SP planned to clean up afterwards and if SP knew the campers would arrive soon then he had to be in a hurry. So SP didn't have to move around to learn about the position and number of cameras. The approximate corner he had in his mind already. IMO
Before SP looked surprisingly intensive at a camera he had been staring at the last door also a bit too intensive (doing nothing when the door didn't open). I think SP was indeed drunk and didn't always behave like a sober person.

One of my farther out there thoughts... was that little Kilo gave his life not because of a dog fight, but because someone was worried about dog hairs that may have transferred to MB's body, if someone was paranoid that Kilo had contact with any of SP's gear. If the animal was destroyed, then no more dog hairs for comparison after a thorough cleaning of everywhere that dog had ever lived or visited. I am not implying that RB or VB had anything to do with the murder either, it is just something I considered when shirtgate came up that the thing they wanted to dispose of was poor Kilo.
From the dog itself is not the only place to find hairs tho. Apparently they took Kilo everywhere with them. LE can get it from their car, home, trash, backyard, probably every other piece of clothing they own.

I saw three - Money, Sex and Relationship.

I'm all but counting out:
-Random (way to much detail. No longer believe it was possible for SP to be this lucky). It was highly planned.
-Burglary (doesn't look like one, front to back)
-Religious (extremely rare in modern Christianity)
-Complicated (she was by all accounts a relatively simple person)
-Nefarious (gun-running, et al) She was a home schooling mom.
So we narrow the circle quite a bit. So why can't we find someone pretty close by, who was REALLY mad at her, that is on video and walks and stands this uniquely and was out at 3,4 in the morning crawling around a church, wearing Swat gear?
ps We have (or should have) every call, text, e-mail, she ever made or was a part of and every dollar (where, when, how much) in the past 6 months.
I totally agree.

From the Midlothian Police Department's official Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154146352252359&id=195047007358

"Poster
June 9 at 6:12am: "Was this car ever found?"

Midlothian Police Department
June 9 at 6:14am: "No, the driver has not come forward"
(two minutes for MPD to reply)"

I did wonder when MPD said it that way - not answering what was asked about "the car" but instead addressing that "the driver" and "has not come forward" - it almost sounds as if they may have ID'd the car and the owner if not the specific driver - it almost sounded like an invitation to come forward while you still can.
If it were a rental LE would be able to narrow that down like peeling an onion.

MOO: I still think the motive was affairs and money and have from when I first heard about it. I would agree w/some theories that the SP thinks they were justified in doing it, and would even say they thought they were "helping" out others.

I would venture a guess that this suspect knew MB. As much as we would like to avoid the issue, it has been confirmed that there were previous marital affairs and that they were working on their marriage.
Im not sure that BB knew of the current conversations MB was carrying on but the MIL made mention of it in the people interview and I gather that the family may have known about the previous problems.
What I draw from this is that, she may have been staying in the marriage like alot of people who do it for the kids. That being said, if she had other love interest that we dont know about, then it is very possible that that someone may have been upset that she wasn't leaving BB. Who knows how long there may have been a relationship outside of the marriage, but if for any length of time that person could have developed feelings of hurt and anger. Some people can handle an extra marital affair where the husband or wife of another is never going to leave, and others not so much. Maybe someone couldn't stand the thought of her going home to BB every night. Maybe she was actually working on her relationship at home, but with the revelation of the flirtatious text, and having a history of infidelity I doubt it.
Also, someone who would go to these lengths to rid the world of another person over a broken heart, is the same person who would at least prior to the act feel justified in doing so and therefore consider not being id'ed because they had all intentions of continuing on with their lives, or maybe they also have a family at home. The human emotion is a rabbit hole that will never fully be understood.

My thoughts, thank you!
Therapy with a psychologist or mediator and facebooking "I love you" for 10 months (why does BB know the exactly time and why did he even say it??) doesn't make a good marriage where someone suddenly is satisfied who wasn't before. Maybe they both continued to have their "ex" lover each secretly and tried to work on their marriage - an almost impossible venture on the duration. Thankfully there isn't always a brutal murder in those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasApril87