TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't you know it, miss one thread, and something happens. :eek:

Thanks, Razz. I'll check it out.

Playing with scenarios, now. So, if she entered the building at 4:18 (or 4:20) by the SW portico door, she could've been caught walking on camera the opposite direction, towards the kitchen - where she could've been killed off-camera, and perp then 'left by the way he entered' (kitchen door, which has been iffy to me due to the LE comment "presumably"). But this would be a second scenario whereby the camera could record her "walking down the hall toward the suspect's location," but attack not on camera, nor perp's exit on camera. Missy would've been 'in plain sight' to campers once they entered the kitchen, then. (Though not as readily seen, so I'm wondering about that prompt call at 5 AM to 911.) But presumably the campers would enter the building a few minutes early to be ready to start for class, so it might work. Like someone posted upthread, maybe Missy had concocted that juicing recipe (mentioned on the FBK post) and brought it to the kitchen to share prior to their workout. Maybe the campers knew it would be there; maybe that was a part of their arrival routine, while waiting for all the campers.

Quoting my own post to say that I just nixed this theory after realizing she couldn't have been killed in the kitchen as that is in the N side of the building. The attack was in the SW.

You're trying to get the various statements by LE to fit, in relation to MB. That makes sense. But in so doing, you can't ignore the one where they clarified the confusion for us, and said explicitly she entered via the SW entrance.

LE has told us
1 MB entered SW
2 was seen going (N) "down the main hallway"
3 where cam stopped recording her
4 attacked sometime after that, attack unseen, so spot unknown and off cam.
5 found in that general vicinity where she was last seen by cam, so last seen by cam in SW somewhere.
6 but where she was found obviously in an off-camera spot not far away
7 perp was able to exit the building (assumed by LE via kitchen door) from where body was left, without being seen on cam.

I have posted a theory that fits. Haven't yet seen another that doesn't contradict one or more of what LE has told us. But who knows?

BBM. Yes, Razz kindly told me yesterday I missed that new bit of info in Thread 32 (about her entering the portico doors not the main door). Thanks for letting me know, too. Facts are no help if you can't keep up with them. ;) Theory revisions are swirling in my head.

attachment.php

Perhaps. Or maybe in the SW corner of the auditorium.

There is glass in the door to room 4. There is glass in the double dutch doors in room S1 and in the second door to that room. There would be glass in the bathrooms. There is the vestibule that you see in the videos. There is a large amount of glass in the main entry on the west side. And room S2 has a glass wall with glass doors in it , rather than a regular wall - it would look much like the vestibule doors you have seen.

JMHO, but I don't believe MB was attacked in the auditorium. Do we know for certain that her class worked out in there? Like Jethro pointed out, there is no glass in the SW corner of the auditorium. And, this is just me, maybe...but I don't see the corner of the auditorium as the "SW corner of the building." I was under the impression from the FB photos that the group worked out in the hall near the Holy Grounds - the hall being plenty big and right by the restrooms and the SW portico doors, so she wouldn't have to lug her equipment so far. Also (and I don't have proof of this), I have the feeling that the interior rooms of the church would still be locked until official church staff showed up. Glammie, who used to attend there, offered up in earlier threads that MB wouldn't have the key to interior rooms if using the facility, just one for the exterior door. Not a proven fact, but it makes total sense, and I've seen lock-up in 'borrowed' public buildings work that way before.

And I don't think she was attacked in the hallway or by the glass table because that would've been caught on camera (we can see the glass table in the surveillance video, so its breakage would've also been caught on camera).

If the broken glass was from Rm S2, then it seems the attack would've also been on camera - S2 and the wall of glass is in camera range. And can't see why she'd walk down that hallway or be inside that room (probably locked) unless she noticed it was broken into and went in to investigate. But then, you still have the problem of perp leaving the scene down a length of hallway without being caught on camera. (Unless you ascribe to the "into the auditorium and out the other end of the auditorium" exit via kitchen scenario where perp is so fast in the halls that the cameras don't catch him. I'm inexperienced enough with security cameras that I think personally I'd need a demonstration to be convinced that 2 cameras could miss a 'very fast' perp.)

So, I guess for now I'm still in the murder-in-the-vestibule vestibule camp (or possibly that she was killed in the bathrooms off-camera, though again, I'm not convinced the perp's exit could be speedy enough to not be on camera). The amended scenario I'm seeing would be that she entered the SW doors, walked down the hall with her first load of stuff, and meanwhile SP ducked into the vestibule to await her return for that ambush attack. Then she walked back down the hall toward the SW doors to get another load and was attacked in the vestibule. (And if this is the scenario, it most definitely WAS a targeted hit, as a burglar would just run out those doors while she walked down the hallway.)
JMO, but only way I can make all the elements fit.

Only the purple line would provide the SP with an exit route without being recorded on CCTV during his exit via the kitchen if his walk across the N hall from the sanctuary/auditorium to the exterior exit door was swift, due to the delay in the motion detection and the recording, correct?

I am suggesting that both the purple line or the red line may have been able to provide an unseen-by-cam exit, because of the way the cams worked and where the ones we know of were placed.

P1 and P3 are where you suspect the attack possibly occurred but they are also where the doors open into the sanctuary/auditorium, correct? If MB was walking toward the SP who was located at P1, he could attack there and she'd be seen by arriving campers where her vehicle, which was a truck, was parked.

I am suggesting that P1, P2, or P3 are places where the perp might have been lurking as MB walked the main hallway, and from which they pounced after the cam had shut off because she was far enough away that it no longer noticed her. But I'm thinking where the attack began, and where her body was ultimately found, may be two somewhat-different locations.

There's an alternate possibility that the perp wasn't hiding, but rather used the outfit to ambush MB. I haven't really mapped a location for that possibility, because if it's true then perp location prior to attack could have been anywhere in the vicinity.

You have been to the church. Where is the light switch plate that controls the lights for the hallway as Missy would not want her campers to enter into a dark hallway? Could it be located just inside the entrance door that she had just walked through on the interior wall? Or inside of the Sanctuary? The campers intended to work out inside the church. Did Missy have the opportunity to turn on the interior lights for them?

Sorry, I have no idea if MB had a chance to turn on lights, or where the switches are.

attachment.php

Attachments

• perp exit.png
    perp exit.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 52
MPD has said there was glass found around her body. There is no glass in the doors in the auditorium at that end of the building, all of them are solid.

Yeah, I'm not thinking the glass on and around her body was from a broken door. I'm sure there could have been any other number of objects at any place in the building, from glass tables to mirrors to who knows what, that could have been broken in a fight or used somehow and shattered.

JMHO, but I don't believe MB was attacked in the auditorium. Do we know for certain that her class worked out in there? Like Jethro pointed out, there is no glass in the SW corner of the auditorium. And, this is just me, maybe...but I don't see the corner of the auditorium as the "SW corner of the building."

It's only a theory that MB was found in the auditorium, because it otherwise accounts for some of the geographical issues. But I don't think the class worked out in the auditorium (nor do I think it matters). I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there might have been many glass objects in there. Jethro only said that the door isn't glass, but ...

In trying to figure where LE might have been indicating, as we've discussed before on other matters, all that matters is what LE meant at the time they said it, so we have to allow the possibility for all sorts of variations they could have had in mind. I had to consider that "SW" in one sense could be 1/4 of the entire building (with their intent being to indicate a general broad area - NW, N, NE, SW, S, SE area in general - rather than any specific spot), and if that was the case, part of the auditorium could be included. I also had to consider that when they used the term "interior" of the building, they may have been thinking specifically of and indicating the auditorium since it is the center/interior-most part of the building. (The exact expression they used was "southwest corner of the interior of the building" rather than "southwest corner of the building.") So there are at least a couple of ways that the intent of LE's words might have fit with the body being found in this auditorium area.

Yeah, I'm not thinking the glass on and around her body was from a broken door. I'm sure there could have been any other number of objects at any place in the building, from glass tables to mirrors to who knows what, that could have been broken in a fight or used somehow and shattered.

I've mentioned this before, but I'll mention it again.

It was the first responders IIRC who saw the glass and made the assumption there was a struggle. They did not know anything about the perp or the videos at that time.

I think the glass they saw on the ground was glass shattered by the perp before the murder, when s/he was wandering around the building. I don't think the glass gives us any clues about where or how the murder itself happened.

JMOpinion

It's only a theory that MB was found in the auditorium, because it otherwise accounts for some of the geographical issues. But I don't think the class worked out in the auditorium (nor do I think it matters). I wouldn't rule out the possibility that there might have been many glass objects in there. Jethro only said that the door isn't glass, but ...

In trying to figure where LE might have been indicating, I had to consider that "SW" in one sense could be 1/4 of the entire building. I also had to consider that when they used the term "interior" of the building, they may have been thinking of and indicating the auditorium since it is the center/interior-most part of the building. (The exact expression they used was "southwest corner of the interior of the building" rather than "southwest corner of the building.")

Agree with bolded statement. The structure of the building is actually a central building housing the auditorium and a few interior rooms on the back side of the stage. The rest of the building -- classrooms, offices, bathrooms, kitchen, and corridors -- are housed in what's considered a lean-to structure.

When asked about the glass the killer is seen breaking at the end of the video, Johnson states that it's a door to one of the interior rooms. We know from the layout that it's a room on the back side of the stage.

So it's quite possible that by specifying the SW corner of the interior of the building, they are referring to the auditorium.

I don't see how the government can track down terrorists that blows some things up or a unknown cop killer that kills a cop and then vanish.

But they can't find Missy's killer. Jmo.

If Missy was a cop. Or if her murderer was a terrorist.

Then this case would be solved by now. Jmo.

depressing I hope that's NOT true.
Do you think they are actively working on her case or no budget to do so?

Jethro4WS, I am curious why you think they would have used the tools after the firearm to disguise the original wound. I don't rule out a gun (although I don't currently believe one was used), but if a gun was used prior to tools, I see the tools still being used to act out personal rage. What would be the benefit to covering the gun wound?
Does anyone have any knowledge/information (would probably be local) of the activities of the second "dirty" cop prior to being arrested after Missy's murder?

Does anyone know if CT was questioned by the police? We know that LE took there trash cans? I can't help but wonder what would have happened if MB daughter came with her on that morning? Did perp know for sure that her daughter would be staying home?

In trying to figure where LE might have been indicating, as we've discussed before on other matters, all that matters is what LE meant at the time they said it, so we have to allow the possibility for all sorts of variations they could have had in mind. I had to consider that "SW" in one sense could be 1/4 of the entire building (with their intent being to indicate a general broad area - NW, N, NE, SW, S, SE area in general - rather than any specific spot), and if that was the case, part of the auditorium could be included. I also had to consider that when they used the term "interior" of the building, they may have been thinking specifically of and indicating the auditorium since it is the center/interior-most part of the building. (The exact expression they used was "southwest corner of the interior of the building" rather than "southwest corner of the building.") So there are at least a couple of ways that the intent of LE's words might have fit with the body being found in this auditorium area.

RBBM

The part in bold is my working theory for the time being. However, that prompts three questions:

1) How did Missy's body get into the auditorium?
2) Where was MB ambushed? How far "out of range" was Missy at the time of the attack?
3) Was MB's place of attack the same place that her body was found?

For the time being, I have infinitely more questions than answers.

ETA - Are any of MB's movements in the church consistent with a routine?

My opinion is that it is highly unlikely that this particular perp shares much in common with Ted Bundy, one of the most notorious serial killers of all time.

There is a tendency, I think, to assign almost superhuman intelligence, cunning and preparation to this killer. The theories get more and more elaborate, involving months of planning and multiple perps.

My own opinion, and in keeping with Occam's Razor where the simplest answer is usually the best one - one single perp, not particularly intelligent, only cunning enough to disguise identity and get away before someone got there, probably would've had his @#% kicked by MB if not for wearing protection and having some tools. I think the encounter happened in or just outside the bathroom. Very unfortunate timing for MB because the perp had made his way from one end of the building to the other and probably was using the restroom and then heading out now that the rain was finally coming to an end. I think if she had gotten to that church even 10 minutes later, she would have missed him.

Here's my counterpoint to your point. First am I correct in stating that you believe it's a B and E gone wrong? If so, I just can't get behind it, mainly because nothing was stolen and an armature burglar such as this surely would have been caught by now, having accidentally committed a heinous crime. The amateur would have made dozens of mistakes and would have been discovered either because of them, or because he cried in the shoulder of a friend by now. The elaborate disguise, the tight getaway, the opportune schedule, the marriage and financial troubles, the convenient alibis. B and E gone wrong just doesn't add up for me personally.

Here's my counterpoint to your point. First am I correct in stating that you believe it's a B and E gone wrong? If so, I just can't get behind it, mainly because nothing was stolen and an armature burglar such as this surely would have been caught by now, having accidentally committed a heinous crime. The amateur would have made dozens of mistakes and would have been discovered either because of them, or because he cried in the shoulder of a friend by now. The elaborate disguise, the tight getaway, the opportune schedule, the marriage and financial troubles, the convenient alibis. B and E gone wrong just doesn't add up for me personally.

I'm on the same page as you. If LE do not access data evidence will be lost. This case has already gone cold or could take years for the guilty party to be finally arrested.

Does anyone know if CT was questioned by the police? We know that LE took there trash cans? I can't help but wonder what would have happened if MB daughter came with her on that morning? Did perp know for sure that her daughter would be staying home?

It's been stated that her daughter went to the 9 am classes.Not the 5 am. :)

Wait, someone thinks the SP appears to be praying or crying ? Vulnerable ? I don't remember noticing anything like that at all in the videos that have been made available. I know I'm behind though so could someone fill me in , what did I miss ? TIA

That digitally focused screenshot of SP where he's looking towards the camera. Some folks were thinking perhaps the 'squint' of the eyes indicated an internal strife. But to me, I think SP was just squinting. Probably sweating too.

Well, B&E doesn't mean burglary necessarily. Sometimes a person breaks in just to tear stuff up.

But my current theory is that perhaps this person intended to break into the gun store, but decided that was too tough or risky. They then went to the next closest building to check it out. Saw it was a church, thought they would check out the kitchen. Maybe no food in kitchen, decided to tear stuff up because of anger at his empty stomach or at God, etc.

The botched B&E, by definition, would make it likely that nothing got stolen. Why? Because he was interrupted, unexpectedly. And if my theory holds, this perp's intent might not have been stealing anything unless something just presented itself. It would have more to do with getting out of the storm for awhile, not letting the night be a total lost cause after getting "all dressed up", looking for food, etc. By the way, just because WE are smart enough to know a church isn't the best place to burglarize, doesn't mean HE is smart enough to know that, if he's young. He might not have set foot in a church in his life.

It's interesting that you think an amateur burglar would have been caught by now. There was a carjacking in the Wal-Mart parking lot of Midlothian on Easter Sunday. The woman whose SUV was stolen said that it seemed to her like this was the first time they had done a carjacking. It happened at the beginning of April, in broad daylight, on camera, involving at least 3 perps and a drop-off car. None of them have been caught nor the vehicle recovered.

I say that to say that you don't have to be a seasoned criminal to not get caught. If the perp(s) are from outside Midlothian (Dallas isn't far), it makes it tough. If they don't have a criminal record, then even recovering DNA won't help; there won't be anything to match it against.

So if all this ends up being the scenario, then perhaps what we should hope for is that some DNA was collected. Petty criminals are likely to re-offend. If and when he does, there would be a match that pops up in LE's database.

Oh, and as for marital/financial troubles, nearly everyone has those, and we really don't know much about the seriousness of what the B's were experiencing.

Convenient alibis? That's an interesting way to spin it - in most cases an airtight alibi helps the POI rather than hurting him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

Well, B&E doesn't mean burglary necessarily. Sometimes a person breaks in just to tear stuff up.

But my current theory is that perhaps this person intended to break into the gun store, but decided that was too tough or risky. They then went to the next closest building to check it out. Saw it was a church, thought they would check out the kitchen. Maybe no food in kitchen, decided to tear stuff up because of anger at his empty stomach or at God, etc.

The botched B&E, by definition, would make it likely that nothing got stolen. Why? Because he was interrupted, unexpectedly. And if my theory holds, this perp's intent might not have been stealing anything unless something just presented itself. It would have more to do with getting out of the storm for awhile, not letting the night be a total lost cause after getting "all dressed up", looking for food, etc. By the way, just because WE are smart enough to know a church isn't the best place to burglarize, doesn't mean HE is smart enough to know that, if he's young. He might not have set foot in a church in his life.

It's interesting that you think an amateur burglar would have been caught by now. There was a carjacking in the Wal-Mart parking lot of Midlothian on Easter Sunday. The woman whose SUV was stolen said that it seemed to her like this was the first time they had done a carjacking. It happened at the beginning of April, in broad daylight, on camera, involving at least 3 perps and a drop-off car. None of them have been caught nor the vehicle recovered.

I say that to say that you don't have to be a seasoned criminal to not get caught. If the perp(s) are from outside Midlothian (Dallas isn't far), it makes it tough. If they don't have a criminal record, then even recovering DNA won't help; there won't be anything to match it against.

So if all this ends up being the scenario, then perhaps what we should hope for is that some DNA was collected. Petty criminals are likely to re-offend. If and when he does, there would be a match that pops up in LE's database.

Oh, and as for marital/financial troubles, nearly everyone has those, and we really don't know much about the seriousness of what the B's were experiencing.

Convenient alibis? That's an interesting way to spin it - in most cases an airtight alibi helps the POI rather than hurting him.

I agree with B&E gone bad. The suspect's calmness seems to indicate he thinks he's got another hour of looking around before he has to get out of there. If it was a really well planned murder by a suspect aware of the security cameras, why wouldn't (s)he bring a can of spray paint to disable the cameras? Some criminals have dumb luck.

That digitally focused screenshot of SP where he's looking towards the camera. Some folks were thinking perhaps the 'squint' of the eyes indicated an internal strife. But to me, I think SP was just squinting. Probably sweating too.

Possibly, though I think it's just that he has deep-set eyes. And while that fits with my POI, there are so many ways to read such a fuzzy image, again, that I don't see the eyes as helping much. Though many in here are obviously fascinated with them.

Good points. I'm trying to have an open mind. And you're right about the marriages. But Question, Cannonball: do you believe the Altima is involved?

Jethro4WS, I am curious why you think they would have used the tools after the firearm to disguise the original wound. I don't rule out a gun (although I don't currently believe one was used), but if a gun was used prior to tools, I see the tools still being used to act out personal rage. What would be the benefit to covering the gun wound?

It was a Member here that made a FOIA request and the information from that, that was received, stated a firearm (the issue was that the serial number be excluded, if I recall correctly.). ATF is involved in this case. There had been speculation that the victim had been shot, yet unknown and not reported as such to date.
It could he the killer had a gun, or could be likely that the victim had a Carry Permit, and WHO would be privy to that. We know that she was 'ambushed' as that is the word used by LE early on, which to me, means a sneak attack and the victim likely suffered wounds initially to the back and side of the head initially, before... as we know through additional LE information to reporters, that she had suffered chest woulnds as well, perhaps while already down on the floor.

Good points. I'm trying to have an open mind. And you're right about the marriages. But Question, Cannonball: do you believe the Altima is involved?

I flip flop back and forth on the Altima. I wonder how often cars have pulled off the highway at the gun store late at night? Or during a storm? It was unusual enough that the gun store people thought someone was casing their store... And that was before they heard about the murder.

But SteveS here has made some good points leading away from involvement, such as how LE has done nothing but downplay it and only talks about it when someone asks about it. So I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member