TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was a planned murder. There's a back exit, when you hear her come in, just run out the back if this was an interrupted burglary. No need to kill her if she saw you either, since you're wearing a disguise.
Plus, the investigators stated it was a premeditated attack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Whoa Nellie. Investigators have not stated that. They initially said burglary, then targeted, and now... Who knows. Really the last word in a press conference was that they're not committed to any one theory, all options on the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa Nellie. Investigators have not stated that. They initially said burglary, then targeted, and now... Who knows. Really the last word in a press conference was that they're not committed to any one theory, all options on the table.

Targeted attack. <modsnip> Sure doest mean b&e

Targeted attack. <modsnip> Sure doest mean b&e

If you're referring to the SWs, they had to bolster their case to get info from POIs who knew MB, so they made the language as strong as possible. That was in the first few days, my friend. Look and see how recently they've used the term "targeted" since then.

But I can refer you to, as recently as May 20, in which they state that none of the original POIs are considered suspects, and that the family and friends are not a focus of the investigation, and that they do NOT have a suspect OR a motive.

If you're referring to the SWs, they had to bolster their case to get info from POIs who knew MB, so they made the language as strong as possible. That was in the first few days, my friend. Look and see how recently they've used the term "targeted" since then.

But I can refer you to, as recently as May 20, in which they state that none of the original POIs are considered suspects, and that the family and friends are not a focus of the investigation, and that they do NOT have a suspect OR a motive.

Not being able to point to the family as suspects or knowing a motive is independent of them stating it was targeted. There may have been things they found at the scene we are not privy to that pointed them to stating it was targeted.

Entirely possible. But what I believe is that the perpetrators went to great lengths to throw virtual marbles on the ground in order to deflect and confuse, hence the scattered theories. I know it doesn't jibe with 'the simple answer is the best answer', but I truly believe the perpetrators have planted numerous false flags so to speak to get us looking in many different directions. And one of the directions is this exactly, the demeanor of the perp. I believe he did a lot of acting knowing he was on camera. He was playing a part, costume and all. It's possible.

Not sure why people are debating a burglary, when LE has clearly stated quite some time ago, that it was not, only a feigned burglary. That has been advanced in official LE statements.

Not sure why people are debating a burglary, when LE has clearly stated quite some time ago, that it was not, only a feigned burglary. That has been advanced in official LE statements.
Completely agree

Not being able to point to the family as suspects or knowing a motive is independent of them stating it was targeted. There may have been things they found at the scene we are not privy to that pointed them to stating it was targeted.

From the sister-in-law, earlier this month:

""In the beginning, I thought that that she was set up or framed, as time goes on I feel like maybe this was just wrong place, wrong time," she said."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missy-Bevers-Family-is-Still-Searching-for-Justice-385481851.html

And then from the 5/20 presser, check out the transcript at about the 13 and a half minute mark, where Johnson is asked specifically if it was a hit.

302dca2e403330e3ac14debe22bbae55.png

Actually, read the whole thing. The frustration is evident. They have nothing pointing them in any specific direction.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95142&d=1464039792

It may turn out to be a targeted hit, but there is nothing from LE at this point that SAYS that.

Sorry, but the elaborate get-up just doesn't fit with b & e. The person that we see in this little vignette isn't even looking for anything-she's just wandering around like she's waiting for new tires to be put on her car. moo
....and, when the reason (motive) for this killing is revealed, it will all ring with bell-like clarity for any and all suppositions that have been offered up. The one thing that's gonna be constant is that it's never okay to steal someone's life. I don't know Missy, but I grieve for her.

LE use that terminology, as POI BECOME suspects officially/legally. LE has been very careful with the wording they use.
They have said recently, that NO ONE is eliminated. Chief Johnson's exact words to Media were "But one thing I will not say is that anybody is eliminated. I want to stop short on that."

Perhaps people can become familiarized with the evidence released to the public by reviewing the threads here or reviewing statements made by LE.

""In the beginning, I thought that that she was set up or framed, as time goes on I feel like maybe this was just wrong place, wrong time," she said."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Missy-Bevers-Family-is-Still-Searching-for-Justice-385481851.html

And then from the 5/20 presser, check out the transcript at about the 13 and a half minute mark, where Johnson is asked specifically if it was a hit.

302dca2e403330e3ac14debe22bbae55.png

Actually, read the whole thing. The frustration is evident. They have nothing pointing them in any specific direction.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=95142&d=1464039792

It may turn out to be a targeted hit, but there is nothing from LE at this point that SAYS that.

<modsnip>The fact alone that they chose not to release the more detailed description of the perp speaks volumes. Obviously they do not specifically point to anyone (to reporters or general public) and do not reveal their hand. It is all strategy, IMO.

Snipped in consideration of space.

Can we at least agree that the SIL's opinion has nothing to do with anything? Maybe her comments aren't on par with the Chief's?
Should say JHerO after that link!!!

Can we at least agree that the SIL's opinion has nothing to do with anything? Maybe her comments aren't on par with the Chief's?

I didn't say they were on par with LE. <modsnip> so let me clarify.

Original poster said investigators have said it was a targeted hit so that eliminates B&E. We know that is not an accurate statement. The most recent presser makes that abundantly clear.

But just in case someone wanted to say that the family is on record saying they believe it's targeted, I went ahead and showed that even that isn't the current trend either, with one member of the family at least, who had been on record before that it was targeted.

Its because LE first seemed to say 'hit', then changed it to possibly being an 'untargeted' hit... Whatever that means?! No one seems to know.
LE changes about everything they say, including the perps height. Other variable by LE was wording in the SWarrant that lead people to believe the perp filmed the murder, but it didn't happen. There was confusion on which door missy came in...main entrance with awning. Also Captain Spann said he saw perp walking down hallway appearing to be leaving the same way he came in, but SWarrant said the perp wasn't seen after attack. I also noticed that lines were crossed out of the SW so it all appears subject to change. And they never ruled out a B&E. I believe everything is still on the table.
Could 'UNTARGETED' hit mean it wasn't a planned hit, but maybe when perp saw Missy get out of the truck, he turned it into a hit? JMO more speculating.
If LE would definitely rule out B&E, I'd be able to move on. Perp barely seemed to get the back door open in time for a hit, and he wasn't worried about Missy hearing him breaking glass it seems... So I be stuck. I almost wrote 'I suck' which is also true.

IMHO, the outfit serves more purposes than just protection from physical attack. It completely disguises gender. It keeps the perp's DNA well-contained. And it looks like it would keep the perp pretty dry on a rainy night (though he might have worn it anyway, for the other reasons).

As far as the gun, I'd really like others to go back and watch the 4/18 presser again. Capt. Spann is asked if it can be determined from the video if the perp was armed. Spann is either really savvy, or there was no gun IMHO.

4/18 PR - Capt Spann: "[We] could not tell from the video if he was armed. He did have some type of object that he was using to pry on doors."

IF there was a firearm involved, the LE probably didn't know if it belonged to SP or MB. I believe there was a gun involved myself. If SP was on a mission to kill MB, using a gun would be easier to keep a distance from her. There would be less risk of being counterattacked, or leaving DNA in case mask or gloves come off during struggle. JMO.

Don't think I'm missing the context,when SIL is added "just in case". In my opinion, the SIL has no credibility; however, the Chief does.
I agree that we don't know targeted or B & E - we have opinions. Yours is B & E, unless you've changed.
I can respect your opinion and disregard that of the SIL.

S.....and P.....,(LOL)
Moving on!

<modsnip> Fact is, she's a close member of the family and her input is something to note. Any time any member of the family changes their viewpoint regarding motive, that is something to note, regardless how you feel about that person specifically. I don't like her or dislike her, so I noted something she said and moved on. To take umbrage at the fact that I put those two quotes in the same post is just really beside the point.

IMHO, the outfit serves more purposes than just protection from physical attack. It completely disguises gender. It keeps the perp's DNA well-contained. And it looks like it would keep the perp pretty dry on a rainy night (though he might have worn it anyway, for the other reasons).

As far as the gun, I'd really like others to go back and watch the 4/18 presser again. Capt. Spann is asked if it can be determined from the video if the perp was armed. Spann is either really savvy, or there was no gun IMHO.

4/18 PR - Capt Spann: "[We] could not tell from the video if he was armed. He did have some type of object that he was using to pry on doors."

IF there was a firearm involved, the LE probably didn't know if it belonged to SP or MB. I believe there was a gun involved myself. If SP was on a mission to kill MB, using a gun would be easier to keep a distance from her. There would be less risk of being counterattacked, or leaving DNA in case mask or gloves come off during struggle. JMO.

I think Spann is very savvy.

ETA: And not to take away from his savviness, but it should be noted that this presser was on the afternoon of the same day she was killed. And, it was prior to her autopsy Tuesday morning, prior to the ATF dog coming back to the scene Wed, prior to the ATF, Texas Rangers, FBI, et al being added to the case. And prior to NBC news being rebuffed for the FOI request due to involvement of a firearm with serial number that needed to be kept secret...

KS isn't the only family member that has switched horses mid-stream, and anything she says will be taken with a grain of salt afaic. moo

....and, when the reason (motive) for this killing is revealed, it will all ring with bell-like clarity for any and all suppositions that have been offered up. The one thing that's gonna be constant is that it's never okay to steal someone's life. I don't know Missy, but I grieve for her.

The killer is a COWARD!!!! AMBUSHED Missy. Never gave her a chance!

KS isn't the only family member that has switched horses mid-stream, and anything she says will be taken with a grain of salt afaic. moo

That's absolutely true. BB is another example. Said he didn't think she was targeted, then said he thought she was. And the SIL has kind of done the mirror image of that.

It just shows, IMHO, that theories are all over the place in this very difficult case to crack. With the family, with us, with LE.

I don't see how the government can track down terrorists that blows some things up or a unknown cop killer that kills a cop and then vanish.

But they can't find Missy's killer. Jmo.

If Missy was a cop. Or if her murderer was a terrorist.
Then this case would be solved by now. Jmo.

What is the secrecy about the firearm that was checked out by dog sniffing? I believe there was a firearm on search warrant that we have never received definitive information about. Also, has anyone noticed the accolades the B Clan gives to MPD? mPD is "doing their job--you better believe it" (direct quote by RB) and other fantastic compliments by B Clan spoken publicly to news agencies.

By the way, where has B Clan been? I have read they are in Oregon. Still? Have any locals spotted the B Clan close to home in past few months? It seems that if true that they have been AWOL for weeks, then that would raise level of eyebrows. What are they avoiding back in Texas? Wish we knew if indeed the B Clan has been absent from local scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.