TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jethro4WS, I am curious why you think they would have used the tools after the firearm to disguise the original wound. I don't rule out a gun (although I don't currently believe one was used), but if a gun was used prior to tools, I see the tools still being used to act out personal rage. What would be the benefit to covering the gun wound?
The benefit of disguising the wounds, in my opinion, would be to leave investigators with the impression this was a burglary gone wrong and Missy was killed with the tools visibly seen in SP's possession. Since I belief this to be a planned crime with a staged burglary scenario that would result in investigators spending their resources looking in the wrong direction. That said, I believe that this is one place that the killer over thought what they were doing. It would not be considered uncommon that a burglar could have a firearm on them.

In anything but a burglary gone wrong, we have a killer that could have killed her elsewhere, or in another manner as they wanted her dead. But then, it would be much more obvious that it was someone that wanted her dead.

However, because I believe they took the projectile that killed Missy with them, obfuscating the wounds would make it more likely that gunshot wouldn't be the first consideration of investigators. More staging. This staging, or misdirection, buys the killer additional time. It may even make it so investigators never look in the direction of the killer and rather everyone else under the sun.

Perhaps, they were unaware that murder victims are sent to Dallas County for autopsy. Perhaps with how busy Dallas County ME office is that they may get an examiner that overlooks something.

But this is my theory of the crime and could be totally wrong.

I simply see missy as a mother, wife, and active/hard working. I can't see how she could be significant enough to warrant a hit by current or former LE. People see things all the time that they shouldnt, and they don't get mauled.

Here here! I'm going to try not to debate it anymore only because I have to ficus (my brain is only so big). So for me it's going to way of the Crockpot and the Shards of Glass.

I think that no one disguises himself in that way only to break a glass and a door, or to steal a few trinkets.

Why the suspect waited to enter in a new room to break a glass? He had a few ones available before.

No, that person arrived that night to kill. What is not clear is whether the target was Missy. That hypothesis has as many problems as the one of the theft or vandalism.

An observation: If I had to go to a place like that at that time in the night, I would give a full tour around the church before parking, to see if there was anything strange. And I think many people would do the same.

The recording is very interesting, there are a few things to see in detail.
Many people use church parking lots as overnight parkinglots on occasion (going off to camp, meeting a couple/few people for a weekendtrip etc.). They're usually well lit,patrolled, and no one bothers it. Unlike a store parking lot, -they'll put a nasty note on your windshield; the street sweeper will hit it (happened); your house (HOA sends you a warning for parking overnight on the street) or an office park/parking garage, which is usually dark and deserted over the weekend.

It's not unusual at all for there to be 1-3 cars parked outside (wifey works at one). CCOC is a perfect location to meet and drop off a car overnight. I don't think MB, or many people would think twice about a car parked outside. And this morning we all would have been wrong. I don' thinks its the location but the person that was targeted here.

The benefit of disguising the wounds, in my opinion, would be to leave investigators with the impression this was a burglary gone wrong and Missy was killed with the tools visibly seen in SP's possession. Since I belief this to be a planned crime with a staged burglary scenario that would result in investigators spending their resources looking in the wrong direction. That said, I believe that this is one place that the killer over thought what they were doing. It would not be considered uncommon that a burglar could have a firearm on them.

In anything but a burglary gone wrong, we have a killer that could have killed her elsewhere, or in another manner as they wanted her dead. But then, it would be much more obvious that it was someone that wanted her dead.

However, because I believe they took the projectile that killed Missy with them, obfuscating the wounds would make it more likely that gunshot wouldn't be the first consideration of investigators. More staging. This staging, or misdirection, buys the killer additional time. It may even make it so investigators never look in the direction of the killer and rather everyone else under the sun.

Perhaps, they were unaware that murder victims are sent to Dallas County for autopsy. Perhaps with how busy Dallas County ME office is that they may get an examiner that overlooks something.

But this is my theory of the crime and could be totally wrong.

But once it was discovered that the killer took the bullet, It destroys any possibility of a burglary that gone wrong.

In response to Post Number 436 Cannonball3804: "Then again, do we know if his family even likes him? Just because you're blood, doesn't mean you're necessarily in someone's corner, you know what I mean? With the trickiness of family dynamics, these people might not be able to stand the sight of each other. The longer this case drags on, the more their relationships will be strained under the stress, I think. That's regardless of the type of people they are or who has pure motives or not. This is a pressure cooker. "

I have been, and continue to be, made aware that many who have been in the public eye are connected through various forms of social media and comment, share and like each others posts. They don't seem to display any dislike or distain for one another IMO, from what I have witnessed. I do have many evidences of such, but it is improper to post.
So, to that end, I agree with the original poster, there does seem, IMHO, to be deflecting going on, as I stated with all the flip-flopping since the start of the investigation into the victim's murder.

Mod: For some reason, the "reply with quote" didnt work for me! So I copied and paste it to add reference to what I was saying.

The 5/20 press conference (the most recent one that MPD/Chief Johnson gave) has a verbatim transcript that is post #65 in the media timeline thread here on WS: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-*NO-DISCUSSION*/page5&highlight=missy+bevers

With mucho props to Galadriel for transcribing the press conference, one thing I did for my own purposes was to break up some of the transcript into "topics". I'll post it here in case anyone else might find it helpful or glean anything from it. I made the text smaller just so it wouldn't run so long on the page. And obviously it would be good if no one copied this outside this forum because it was done for WS. There were also a few points where Galadriel had labeled some of the text as "unintelligible", and I was able to figure out definitively what was said (like the female reporter asking, "Any closer [unintelligible]" She said "on motive".) Guess I have pretty good computer speakers. Anyhoo, without much new information or updates, here it is FWIW.

On POIs and Suspects
As would be done in any murder investigation where the suspect is not known, [the] initial focus was on people who were close to the victim, such as friends, family, and co–workers. These people are often referred to as "persons of interest." From "persons of interest" sometimes come suspects. At this point, none of the family, friends, or co–workers of Missy Bevers are considered suspects. Despite various theories circulating through social media, none of the people named in our affidavits are now suspects. Several family members seem to also be at the center of the public's focus. I just want to be clear that the Bevers family, including Mr. Bevers and his father, have been cooperative, forthcoming, and provided detailed alibis that have all been corroborated through independent sources. Until Missy's killer is caught, I will stop short of saying that any person is absolutely excluded, but to be clear, none of Missy's family are at the focus of this investigation.

Missy’s Daughters, and Rumors on Social Media
I do want to remind the public that Missy Bevers was a loving wife, a mother, a sister, and a daughter. She has three beautiful daughters herself, and one day they're going to sift through this investigation, whether that be news clippings or social media activity. I just want to ask the public to please keep those young ladies in mind before pressing the "send" button on social media sites. Please also remember them before you post or broadcast unconfirmed information regarding the status of this investigation or the imminence of an arrest.

Opinions, Theories
I know that many people have opinions and theories about the murder. I believe the public's appetite is very likely a reflection of their concern for finding Missy's killer. We share that concern. I can assure you if I knew who the killer was I'd arrest them myself.

Video Reconstruction and Height, Weight, Gender, Race
Forensic video reconstruction is complete and has given us a height range for the suspect from approximately 5'2" to 5'7". We hope this information will help us to sift through leads and eliminate, you know, suspects and information that comes in that's well outside of that range.
(Question about what more was gleaned from the video reconstruction regarding the limp and walk)
Chief Kevin Johnson: Unfortunately, that's all the information that was gleaned from that. My understanding of that software and that reconstruction process is that it's helpful just to obtain measurements. Male Reporter: No weight? Chief Kevin Johnson: No, sir. Male Reporter: What about gender? Chief Kevin Johnson: No. We haven't yet established definitively the gender of the suspect. You know, they went to a lot of –– to great effort to conceal their identity, and so far, without definitive information on the gender, it could be male or female. Male Reporter: What about race? Chief Kevin Johnson: We –– you know, it appears –– just like you've seen in the video, it appears that they're lighter–skinned. Again, we can't definitively say what race they are. We don't believe them to be a dark– skinned person.

Motive
Female Reporter: Any closer on motive?
Chief Kevin Johnson: No. Again, at this point, without a strong suspect focus, anything is on the table.

Frustration
(In response to a question, how frustrating has this been for you all?) Chief Johnson: This is a frustrating –– it's a hard investigation. You know, for anybody who may think we're not equipped to deal with this investigation, you know, you have to know that we've got some really good help. We've mentioned who our investigative team is. We've got access to fantastic resources and personnel and experienced investigators. So, yeah, it's been very frustrating, to be quite honest with you.

Number of Perps
Male Reporter: Are you working from the theory that there's one perp involved, or could there be more? Chief Kevin Johnson: You know, I don't know that we're working from –– that we're committing to any particular theory or lack thereof. Yeah, we acknowledge there could be more –– there's obviously one person seen on camera. There could be more than one person involved. That's certainly possible.

More on the Gait and the Height
(Response to a question I think about what MPD wants the public to know or how they can help) It may possibly be that there's a little too much focus exclusively on the gait, and I say that to say that a lot of our tips, that's the reason they were provided, simply, you know, a photo seen somewhere of somebody with the outturned foot, you know, and that's great. You know, the public's doing exactly what we're asking them to do and we want to encourage that. But other than that, hopefully we can couple this with the height.

The Costume
You know, you can purchase that at sporting goods store, you can purchase it at gun stores, and, you know, online. A simple Amazon search and, you know, you can get any variety of pieces of equipment that look like, potentially, what's seen on the video. So right now it hasn't been a fruitful avenue. You know, obviously once we catch the killer that's something we're going to be looking for, and it might be something that somebody has seen that, you know, coupled with the gait and height and other information might cause them to call in. That's what we're hoping.

Targeting vs Random
Male Reporter: But have you been able to, I don't know, glean something where you can say, "You know what, we're leaning on this looks like a hit," or was it just random? Chief Kevin Johnson: We haven't really –– you know, until we have articulable information that can point us in one direction, we really have encouraged our investigators to stay entirely open–minded. That's hard to do because, as human beings just like you and just like the public, we want answers, we want explanations, we want this to fit into a narrative that makes sense to us. But for investigators, sometimes that's a bit of a trap, if you will, you know. It causes reliance or focus on areas that may not necessarily have a reason to be focused on. To say that we have a particular narrative that we’re leaning even 51/49 on is not accurate. That's what made this investigation so challenging. A lot of folks have compared this to the murder investigation that took place in Kaufman County that had a lot of strong theories that were explored extensively in the beginning, and they all turned out, you know, not to be fruitful. So we don't want to get –– I like being at these morning meetings and having debate, you know, among our investigators that, you know, "we think this happened, but I don't believe it." So that's good. We want that healthy discourse, you know, and –– so that our team doesn't just get, you know, follow one behind the other on a lead that may not pan out.

State of the Family
Male Reporter: How's the family holding up? Chief Kevin Johnson: You know, I can't imagine what they're going through. I'm happy that they've been so supportive of us. I think they're coping as well as can be expected in this situation. Male Reporter: It's been pretty tough for them on social media, right? Chief Kevin Johnson: Absolutely. Absolutely. You know, and the social media has been at many times a distracter, you know, and –– for instance, I won't provide all the details, but last week we received a tip that we easily invested 30 to 40 man–hours in that day alone and it turned out to be just a combination of rumors mixed with a little bit of second–, third–hand information mixed with another rumor that the person truly felt was actionable information, but it simply wasn't founded. It was all –– it all went back to things that'd been seen on social media.

In considering the question of whether the perp was there to kill, or was there to B/E-rob, I keep coming back to the costume.

Because of its extent, with logos and such, it seems to me like a full disguise meant to temporarily confuse someone who is in front of them, not a mask to simply hide an identity from a possible camera. And such a detailed costume also infers planning, rather than a play-it-by-ear approach, so when I consider what we see on cam, I have to think it's by design (setting a scene while waiting for MB's arrival) rather than a haphazard burglar.

A thought just occurred to me and it makes me very uneasy. It was said BB talked to MB on the phone twice the evening he left.
Many wondered why he would have called her at 10 pm when she was sleeping.
I hate saying this but was he actively leaving a digital trail that would prove he was in Mississippi at 10pm and
no way could he have made it back from there to murder his wife which was going to happen early in the morning?
I haven't been in the camp that says, "he's involved". But now I'm thinking...he was involved.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I simply see missy as a mother, wife, and active/hard working. I can't see how she could be significant enough to warrant a hit by current or former LE. People see things all the time that they shouldnt, and they don't get mauled.
Agree. Remember, it is from the prospective of the "offended" person. What's important to them. To some people, they'd do anything for money, et al. To others, money really has no importance in their life. Some people would guard their job with their life. Others would walk tomorrow. To some, family is everything. To others, yea, but there are more important things (whether they admit is or not).

That's why I try run the question through that filter. What was so important to someone, or set someone off so badly that they'd react this way. I don't think that's a terribly long list.

A thought just occurred to me and it makes me very uneasy. It was said BB talked to MB on the phone twice the evening he left.
I hate saying this but was he actively leaving a digital trail that would prove he was in Mississippi at 10pm and
no way could he have made it back from there to murder his wife which was going to happen early in the morning?
I haven't been in the camp that says, "he's involved". But now I'm thinking...he was involved.

A lot of trying too hard on his part, imo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I don't know what to think. I feel he may have been AWARE of the looming situation, but I'm not ready to take the leap to INVOLVED.

In response to Post Number 436 Cannonball3804: "Then again, do we know if his family even likes him? Just because you're blood, doesn't mean you're necessarily in someone's corner, you know what I mean? With the trickiness of family dynamics, these people might not be able to stand the sight of each other. The longer this case drags on, the more their relationships will be strained under the stress, I think. That's regardless of the type of people they are or who has pure motives or not. This is a pressure cooker. "

I have been, and continue to be, made aware that many who have been in the public eye are connected through various forms of social media and comment, share and like each others posts. They don't seem to display any dislike or distain for one another IMO, from what I have witnessed. I do have many evidences of such, but it is improper to post.
So, to that end, I agree with the original poster, there does seem, IMHO, to be deflecting going on, as I stated with all the flip-flopping since the start of the investigation into the victim's murder.

Mod: For some reason, the "reply with quote" didnt work for me! So I copied and paste it to add reference to what I was saying.

In my own experience, FB "liking" and real world "liking" are two very different things! LOL

Alibi has been "verified", according to MPD. I agree that BB was leaving a digital trail!

definition of alibi:
[h=4]NOUN[/h]

• a claim or piece of evidence that one was elsewhere when an act, typically a criminal one, is alleged to have taken place:
    "she has an alibi for the whole of yesterday evening" · [more]

[h=4]VERB[/h]

• informal

offer an excuse or defense for (someone), especially by providing an account of their whereabouts at the time of an alleged act:
    "her friend agreed to alibi her"
    synonyms: defense · justification · explanation · reason · story · line

All the alibi proves is that he isn't SP. Nothing more or less.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think this often, but there are sadly so many examples of people murdered for stupid petty reasons that I don't think there is any motive that can be ruled out as impossible at this stage.

Alibi has been "verified", according to MPD. I agree that BB was leaving a digital trail!

definition of alibi:
NOUN

• a claim or piece of evidence that one was elsewhere when an act, typically a criminal one, is alleged to have taken place:
    "she has an alibi for the whole of yesterday evening" · [more]

VERB

• informal

offer an excuse or defense for (someone), especially by providing an account of their whereabouts at the time of an alleged act:
    "her friend agreed to alibi her"
    synonyms: defense · justification · explanation · reason · story · line

Yes he was leaving a digital trail. His Alibi checking out does not mean he couldn't be involved though. IMO he is and possibly part of his family as well. They all made sure to leave digital records. I keep thinking of how lonely that must have felt for her to be home and husband off on a trip. In laws out of town. She seemed to be a very independent lady so she probably didn't think anything of it. I feel the killer(s) identified themselves to her and I wonder what was going through her mind had she seen it coming. I am sure her thoughts were of her girls and were they safe... I feel so sad for her. JMO

All the alibi proves is that he isn't SP. Nothing more or less.

I respect your opinion; however, by pure definition of "alibi", as stated above, it does not actually prove innocence. It is merely a claim.

But once it was discovered that the killer took the bullet, It destroys any possibility of a burglary that gone wrong.
Yes, it does do that. I do believe this aspect of staging was meant to buy more time. You still have tactical gear to dispose of and a projectile and the weapon itself to get rid of, none of which you would want in your possession should LE come by just to ask a few questions. Expanding the time space from the time of the murder provides the opportunity to not have to get rid of those in haste.

One other point I would make (to use MPD speak) is that I said "projectile", I didn't say bullet.

I respect your opinion; however, by pure definition of "alibi", as stated above, it does not actually prove innocence. It is merely a claim.
You're saying you think he could be SP?

Because what my post means is that I think that LE has confirmed his alibi, meaning he isn't SP. I don't think they would say what they did about the alibis of RB and BB if they weren't true and properly confrmed. But that's as far as it goes. He could of course be involved either in planning the attack or simply having knowledge. The alibi has nothing to do with those aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member