TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet...that particular door where SP is breaking glass is at the northeast interior of the building. :eek: It was the glass in the door across the hallway from Rm 12, also at the northeast part of the building. (I believe it's labeled Rm 10 in Jethro4WS's diagram upthread.)

Correct, the NE corner of the interior of the building. That specification of interior has me wondering if police are referring to the central structure in describing where Missy's body was found -- "the south west corner of the interior of the building".

Yes, it does do that. I do believe this aspect of staging was meant to buy more time. You still have tactical gear to dispose of and a projectile and the weapon itself to get rid of, none of which you would want in your possession should LE come by just to ask a few questions. Expanding the time space from the time of the murder provides the opportunity to not have to get rid of those in haste.

One other point I would make (to use MPD speak) is that I said "projectile", I didn't say bullet.

Meaning what? Rubber bullet? Bean bag? <modsnip>.

You're saying you think he could be SP?

Because what my post means is that I think that LE has confirmed his alibi, meaning he isn't SP. I don't think they would say what they did about the alibis of RB and BB if they weren't true and properly confrmed. But that's as far as it goes. He could of course be involved either in planning the attack or simply having knowledge. The alibi has nothing to do with those aspects.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I think it is possible that BB was informed. Especially due to his lack of outward, obvious grief, even though people grieve differently. MOO! Just seems "fishy"...........

Correct, the NE corner of the interior of the building. That specification of interior has me wondering if police are referring to the central structure in describing where Missy's body was found -- "the south west corner of the interior of the building".
For what it is worth, I have always taken it to mean as if you divided the building into 4ths it would be that lower left quadrant (minus the outdoor patio in the SW). So that includes anywhere in that space.

I have only been following along casually to this case, but have read the last few threads. This is certainly a bizarre crime, it makes me assume that the circumstances/motives are likely on the bizarre side as well.

Male or female, could this be an obsession/infatuation that has turned bad? A woman who idolised her, or a man who had romantic feelings for her. I am thinking about psychology along the lines of Caroline Reed Robertson killing Rachel Barber, or Ricardo Lopez the Bjork stalker. Was she having a fitness mentorship type relationship with someone who she discovered was a bit off? When people are passionate about something it often creates a heightened sense of intimacy in a "relationship" early on, I think it would be easy for Missy to not realise for a little while that the person is off in their dealings with her. Then once she realises it is not just an enthusiastic new gym or class member, she cools off on them a bit and they cannot cope. I don't know a lot about the nature of the messages she received or the social media person who seemed to like her, or about her acting differently at the gym - do those pieces fit in a scenario like this?

Those type of perpetrators always put a lot of effort into their crimes.

Interesting point of view. I agree with you on the bizarre nature of this crime and possible bizarre implications as to motive. Hope you'll stick around.

A thought just occurred to me and it makes me very uneasy. It was said BB talked to MB on the phone twice the evening he left.
Many wondered why he would have called her at 10 pm when she was sleeping.
I hate saying this but was he actively leaving a digital trail that would prove he was in Mississippi at 10pm and
no way could he have made it back from there to murder his wife which was going to happen early in the morning?
I haven't been in the camp that says, "he's involved". But now I'm thinking...he was involved.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Did you guys speak the night before, and what did you say to her?

“Every
day for the last 10 months, she has made it a point to text me at work that she
loves me, and have a good day honey. When I finally arrived in Biloxi around
7:30, which was later than I was supposed to be there, I spoke to her. She said
good night, and it was still about 8 o’clock. I called her anyway, probably
around 9 or 9:30
to tell her I love her, and she was already half-asleep. And
that’s the last time I spoke to her.”
[video=youtube;lnBJ17dtx48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48[/video]

Meaning what? Rubber bullet? Bean bag? <modsnip>
Something like this. Perhaps scaled down to be used with a smaller caliber weapon than the one necessary to fire this example.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SteelDart.png
    SteelDart.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 254
I appreciate that we sleuths are possibly making inroads here in our discussion. Obviously, we are making the best of what LE is NOT telling us. I appreciate all the different clues, viewpoints, etc. being addressed in our conversations.

What is that? Looking on my phone so can't tell. How is it different from a bullet, what's it called, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you guys speak the night before, and what did you say to her?

&#8220;Every
day for the last 10 months, she has made it a point to text me at work that she
loves me, and have a good day honey. When I finally arrived in Biloxi around
7:30, which was later than I was supposed to be there, I spoke to her. She said
good night, and it was still about 8 o&#8217;clock. I called her anyway, probably
around 9 or 9:30
to tell her I love her, and she was already half-asleep. And
that&#8217;s the last time I spoke to her.&#8221;
[video=youtube;lnBJ17dtx48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48[/video]

So what happened 10 months ago?

We've asked that, I do not recall a factual answer. It's been suggested that this was a sort of marker in their relationship? Pivotal event, re-commitment?

We're good at sleuthing, also good at speculating....

For what it is worth, I have always taken it to mean as if you divided the building into 4ths it would be that lower left quadrant (minus the outdoor patio in the SW). So that includes anywhere in that space.

IMO, specifying "interior" is redundant and unnecessary if they only mean inside the building.

Here here! I'm going to try not to debate it anymore only because I have to ficus (my brain is only so big). So for me it's going to way of the Crockpot and the Shards of Glass.
I'm certain that you meant to say focus (lol!) and am in complete agreement! Oh, and you left out Floor Tiles lol!

I respect your opinion; however, by pure definition of "alibi", as stated above, it does not actually prove innocence. It is merely a claim.
And "verified" means that LE (the people we've hired and paid to vouch for it's validity) made sure that it happened as they claimed. They very much could have been involved (certainly on my Top 3 of 4 list). But our hired and sworn defenders say they were far away at the time the murder happened. Are you saying that they are bumbling incompetents, or lying or...?

Consider it in the context of what we've been told about the marriage:

--Missy had an affair about a year and a half before her murder.
--Brandon was aware of her infidelity and had forgiven her.

Leads me to believe that they were trying to rebuild their relationship, and the daily texts were part of Missy's attempt to work towards that.

The benefit of disguising the wounds, in my opinion, would be to leave investigators with the impression this was a burglary gone wrong and Missy was killed with the tools visibly seen in SP's possession. Since I belief this to be a planned crime with a staged burglary scenario that would result in investigators spending their resources looking in the wrong direction. That said, I believe that this is one place that the killer over thought what they were doing. It would not be considered uncommon that a burglar could have a firearm on them.

In anything but a burglary gone wrong, we have a killer that could have killed her elsewhere, or in another manner as they wanted her dead. But then, it would be much more obvious that it was someone that wanted her dead.

However, because I believe they took the projectile that killed Missy with them, obfuscating the wounds would make it more likely that gunshot wouldn't be the first consideration of investigators. More staging. This staging, or misdirection, buys the killer additional time. It may even make it so investigators never look in the direction of the killer and rather everyone else under the sun.

Perhaps, they were unaware that murder victims are sent to Dallas County for autopsy. Perhaps with how busy Dallas County ME office is that they may get an examiner that overlooks something.

But this is my theory of the crime and could be totally wrong.

Like everything else in this case, I wouldn't rule it out, but it seems overly complicated. If the goal is to initially lead the police down the burglary gone wrong path, I would think taking her wedding ring or anything at all from the church would have done more to sell that theory to LE than what choice of weapon was used on her. The whole exercise of acquiring an untraceable gun to shoot her with, only to follow it up with wounds created by a hammer seems like a lot of work to get LE to think this was a robbery, especially when I don't think a plain gun shot wound would have made them think any differently. If SP was so concerned with that being what LE thought, I just don't know how they forgot to actually steal something.

I have several reasons. The first is, as we have seen in the SWs, it said Missy had multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. Those wounds were consistent with tools that SP had been seen with and I believe left at the scene.

In one of the press conferences, it might have been the first one, A reporter asked a question (that I couldn't make out) and the reaction in response was "We did not say she was shot" - this may have been the first press conference so I would understand that. Sometime in May there was an article that appeared on the fox affiliate about the case and the headline had used the word "shot " (since changed) - the topic of the article wasn't about learning she was shot or anything like that. Now they have never stated that she "wasn't shot". They refuse to say the cause of death, that is, what was the fatal injury among all others and what weapon inflicted that injury. They have said that provides them with a "strategic advantage".

So, here is my line of thinking. If the wounds were consistent with the tools seen with SP (and I believe found at the scene) and one of those tools was the murder weapon what exactly would be a strategic advantage in not divulging that? If she had been shot, what again would be the strategic advantage in not divulging that? A tactical advantage, maybe. And just maybe.

There is that ATF K9. It was brought in for a reason. This was done the day after the autopsy, not the day of the murder, nor the day of the autopsy. Why specifically after the autopsy? If the autopsy concluded that the fatal injury (and all the other injuries) were caused by the tools found and no indication of the use of a firearm why do that? Naturally, why is MPD being tight-lipped about COD if there was no firearm involved.

Then there are the rumors. And I would expect that if they released the 911 tapes or the (redacted for names only) transcripts for those calls I believe we would hear or see the word "shot". Now, these people that found her wouldn't be able to make that kind of determination but to them that would be what they thought. Just how many people were at that scene that morning. You had the campers, EMT/Fire and police officers.

Missy had at least one friend that was a 911 dispatcher - no way of knowing if they were on duty at the time. She had several friends that were members of the fire department - at least 3 of whom (barring vacation or excused absence) would have been on duty at the time the fire department was dispatched to the scene. I find, with that many people that would know something about the scene that we don't have anything more reliable than the rumors that have surfaced.

** Graphic Warning **

So, my opinion is that the ME discovered something during the examination that indicated a high velocity impact - there would be indications of such throughout the brain, for example, away from any major wound sites. You wouldn't be able to create that effect with the tools SP had.

Killing Missy using the tools SP had would have been a bloody, messy affair. I expect that in most or almost all cases of hammer type murders that the initial blows are not fatal. So there is still blood under pressure as the wounds are inflicted and thus blood travelling relatively long distances. I can't imagine that we wouldn't have heard about a horrific crime scene area and blood everywhere. It would have been all over SP. Their gloves, equipment, and everywhere around. There would be blood drop trails, bloody foot prints and bloody glove smears on any door the killer touched on their way out. It would be no mystery exactly which way they left the church instead of the "we believe they left the way they came in". They would be finding blood outside. Unless SP removed all that gear close to or at the place Missy was killed and put in a bag. They would certainly need an extra pair of gloves, boots (or shoes).

Had she been instantly killed, for example brain stem injury that causes the involuntary muscle control and the effective automatic systems that keep us alive to cease functioning, then there would be no more blood pressure. Less blood at greater distances from the body. There would still be cast off if only a hammer were used.

To be fair, they haven't described the crime scene other than there was a lot of glass found around the body. As an aside I will note they did not say there was a lot of glass found under the body either. But, they apparently were able to finish up with the scene processing rather quickly.

For many of the reasons above I am of the opinion that the murder scene did not look like a text book hammer-as-murder-weapon murder scene. Similar, but not quite right.

This is only my theory so I could be wrong.

Thank you so much for this wonderful post. You eloquently expressed so many things that I have been thinking, and you were able to do it in a concise manner. Above all, you were able to tell a story.

I have thought for several weeks that Missy was shot (in addition to the wounds she had that were consistent with the tools left at the scene), but I could not reconcile everything with releasing the scene around 11:00 on the morning of the crime. A well placed bullet/projectile would explain the lack of excessive blood spatter and pooling. Thank you for pulling it all together for me.

It certainly appears that SP has a propensity for staging... first the scene and now potentially the body. MOO. Not a fact, only speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hobo1977