TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious why the concern if they're not giving straight story

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Concern for our efforts. If they're not giving us good information (to protect the investigation), then we're make wrong assumptions here (i.e. if BB and RB really weren't where they said they were, and could be in CCoC, and we've eliminated that possibility assuming they were indeed in MS and CA, we'll be way off track.

I just thought of something....I'm back to being suspicious of CT. And maybe BB is being coached by LE what to say to drag her out, hence the "in the know" vibe.

Concern for our efforts. If they're not giving us good information (to protect the investigation), then we're make wrong assumptions here (i.e. if BB and RB really weren't where they said they were, and could be in CCoC, and we've eliminated that possibility assuming they were indeed in MS and CA, we'll be way off track.
I respect that. But if it means securing a successful arrest, I'm ok with not being told. It's frustrating for us though

I've read here that SP's gear wouldn't fit a certain person on the warrant. My ex was in LE. His vest was adjustable and I could make it maximize or minimize my chest with the Velcro straps. The boots, no way. Size 6 to his size ten wouldn't work. Just putting it out there. JMO
What was meant was that THAT particular outfit would not fit him/her. I.e It might look like a medium suit on camera and the person looked like they were an XL.

I respect that. But if it means securing a successful arrest, I'm ok with not being told. It's frustrating for us though

With you 100%. We're playing Fantasy League Detective and they're on the playing field.

ADMIN NOTE: I am reasonably sure that the Bevers family summer plans were not covered in the MSM. I have removed some posts. A reminder that the rules say you can speculate (within reason) about this case. Nowhere in the rules does it say you can sleuth the family members.

Mods have had to give this thread more than enough attention today. If there are any more issues I will be forced to close the thread for the night.

How would you explain the serial number of a firearm in sealed investigative documents?
I believe that MPD has executed some search warrants for people's homes or other locations. Somewhere in those searches they found a firearm. Because the search warrant probably allowed them to seize any such item, they may have done so and recorded its serial number. However, I do not believe that the firearm alluded to in the search warrant that is sealed is the weapon that may have been used. Someone would have lawyered up and word would travel and someone's name would have popped by now. But what I do believe is that if they released that warrant with only the serial number redacted it would reveal exactly what calibre of weapon they are looking to find. The make and model of the weapon would be largely immaterial so long as it is capable of firing whatever might have been used to kill Missy.

Remember, I believe a firearm was used. I could very well be wrong..

Speaking of the frame where he/she looks into the camera - I've wondered if there is a clock in that area? Unless there is audio with another person, I'd think he/she would want to keep up with the time somehow. I realize the headlights would alert, but keeping up with the time would be helpful.

Weird, I was just thinking that earlier today and wondered how he/she was keeping their time. Hopefully with a phone that wasn't a burner and will be traced via the latest tower dump :)

Did you guys speak the night before, and what did you say to her?

“Every
day for the last 10 months, she has made it a point to text me at work that she
loves me, and have a good day honey. When I finally arrived in Biloxi around
7:30, which was later than I was supposed to be there, I spoke to her. She said
good night, and it was still about 8 o’clock. I called her anyway, probably
around 9 or 9:30
to tell her I love her, and she was already half-asleep. And
that’s the last time I spoke to her.”
[video=youtube;lnBJ17dtx48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48[/video]

One of the things - there are others - that bothers me about this statement is the, "when I was suppose to be there" part.

It has bothered me since the day I first saw it - the day after her murder. But I'm having trouble articulating why. I don't believe he's just being 'sloppy' or it's because he's an aw-schucks good 'ol boy. There's something fundamentally wrong with it.

I backed off of the statement analysis awhile back though.

Speaking of the frame where he/she looks into the camera - I've wondered if there is a clock in that area? Unless there is audio with another person, I'd think he/she would want to keep up with the time somehow. I realize the headlights would alert, but keeping up with the time would be helpful.
This is an interesting area. I would like to know what time it was - from the time stamps - when SP exited Room 12 and entered the door across from it at the end of the 2 minute+ video they released.

If this was planned, rather than a burglary gone wrong, the first variable totally out of their control was what time specifically Missy would arrive. They would have to already be where they wanted to kill her by time she arrived or else they would be running across the church (via the sanctuary/auditorium) because they were in the diagonally opposite corner (NE) than the area Missy was killed when last seen on the video that was released.

I believe that MPD has executed some search warrants for people's homes or other locations. Somewhere in those searches they found a firearm. Because the search warrant probably allowed them to seize any such item, they may have done so and recorded its serial number. However, I do not believe that the firearm alluded to in the search warrant that is sealed is the weapon that may have been used. Someone would have lawyered up and word would travel and someone's name would have popped by now. But what I do believe is that if they released that warrant with only the serial number redacted it would reveal exactly what calibre of weapon they are looking to find. The make and model of the weapon would be largely immaterial so long as it is capable of firing whatever might have been used to kill Missy.

Remember, I believe a firearm was used. I could very well be wrong..

That explanation doesn't fit with what was stated in the request to keep the documents sealed.

"In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report."

This indicates that police do not and have not had the specified firearm in custody. However they apparently do have evidence linking a specific firearm to Missy's murder. Whether the firearm was used against Missy is uncertain from our perspective.

Questions/Thoughts I Have:
If any of these have been answered please let me know TIA!

1. Who was the vendor who paid for BBs trip? Did they have any connection to MB? Were they friends of the family or was it a business of some sort? And is there any reason they could benefit from MB gone?

2. Why would BB consider THIS trip(IIRC a trip he's done 2 or 3 times before) something from his bucket list? From my interpretation, I consider a bucket list something you might make when your younger, but you don't actually do until later in life or if you know your in a predicament where your seriously ill or think you might be "away" somewhere you can not accomplish anything of that sort..

3. Is it possible SP used both the tools and a gun? Use the tools for the attack, but didn't want to chance MB possibly surviving so using the gun to make sure? I've said this before but I believe SP most likely revealed themselves to her, so her not surviving this was key to SPs get away..

4. Someone had asked if LE had checked the campers cars before they left.. Also, IIRC someone upthread had said Monday was weights day for CG and that it is suggested you bring your own equipment.. That had me questioning, if it's plausible for SP to have been a camper, had hidden a bag with them, commit the crime, hurry out of the swat gear into workout clothes. Then at the perfect time appear(making sure not to be the first few people so no need to be questioned) with bag in hand filled with attire, and be able to leave without any suspicions.. If SP spouse was a deep sleeper they may have not even noticed SP was gone and wouldn't suspect a thing either?

5. IMO I believe SP had put a considerate amount of thought on this murder. Either thought about it very intensively, almost taking over SPs mind, every thought going back to this plan, for a short amount of time. Or this has been on SPs mind for a while, tossing around the idea, then something pushed them over the edge and they thought about this meticulously, planning everything to a T, practicing the walk, or way they'd attack her, what they'd say when she saw MB, but taking their time to make sure all is done right and no suspicions to come back to them. Inquiring about anything items or info they'd need months in advance so not to cause any attention to themselves.. SP demeanor has me leaning towards the latter, IMO if the first one was true, then they'd still be in that pumped up, determined phase and probably wouldn't have been able to keep themselves contained for the time they were in the church.. SP is calm, and nonchalant, IMO they already knew the outcome of what was to happen, and were probably "at peace" already..

All JMO, MOO..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However, because I believe they took the projectile that killed Missy with them, obfuscating the wounds would make it more likely that gunshot wouldn't be the first consideration of investigators. More staging. This staging, or misdirection, buys the killer additional time. It may even make it so investigators never look in the direction of the killer and rather everyone else under the sun.

But this is my theory of the crime and could be totally wrong.

Snipped by me :) Thank you. I agree.

I read 'somewhere, a few weeks ago,' that LE had considered that the saran wrap box might be a pipe bomb. MOO, this ties in a bit with your theory that the perp took extra efforts to disguise their real mission.

But, the simple notion of diverting an investigation away from a targeted murder, to one of a crazed swat wannabe, only served to bring in extra agencies!

Oops, why did they do that?

This is an interesting area. I would like to know what time it was - from the time stamps - when SP exited Room 12 and entered the door across from it at the end of the 2 minute+ video they released.

If this was planned, rather than a burglary gone wrong, the first variable totally out of their control was what time specifically Missy would arrive. They would have to already be where they wanted to kill her by time she arrived or else they would be running across the church (via the sanctuary/auditorium) because they were in the diagonally opposite corner (NE) than the area Missy was killed when last seen on the video that was released.

Absolutely. Having a partner as a lookout would aid the killer on this point. Are there other possibilities?

If he was aware of what was about to go down, then that would make him involved. I hope I didn't misinterpret your post?
I don't think he was part of any planning, but his concerns about her safety lead me to believe he knew someone might be after her. Does that make more sense?

I appreciate that we sleuths are possibly making inroads here in our discussion. Obviously, we are making the best of what LE is NOT telling us. I appreciate all the different clues, viewpoints, etc. being addressed in our conversations.

I also appreciate the different perspectives by men and women, parents and adult children, and insights brought by the various vocations we all have. I usually hit the Thanks button, but whilst on my cell phone, it doesn't appear to exist. So, Thanks!

What was meant was that THAT particular outfit would not fit him/her. I.e It might look like a medium suit on camera and the person looked like they were an XL.

I understand what you mean, but something that may be 'one size fits all', means to me that adjustments can be made. I'm not questioning that the figure shown may have been a medium. I really don't know. The SP could be anywhere from XS to 4XXX. I was just offering an idea.

Excellent point. At no time do we see him check a wrist watch. How did he keep track of time?

It would almost lead you to think he was a random B n E guy unawares that CG campers were on their way.

But instead, I think he knew for certain that MB would arrive at 4:15 (45 minutes prior to class, as per CG rules) and all he needed to do was wait for the headlights.

Risky though. Ballsy. Hmpf.

That explanation doesn't fit with what was stated in the request to keep the documents sealed. "In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report." This indicates that police do not and have not had the specified firearm in custody. However they apparently do have evidence linking a specific firearm to Missy's murder. Whether the firearm was used against Missy is uncertain from our perspective.
It doesn't say whether or not they have a firearm in custody or not. The warrant either specified a serial number in a search warrant for a specific firearm or a firearm was found during a search (for any number of items) and it is listed on the returned items for the given warrant. So, it is my opinion that either way, at some point, they obtained a specific firearm. In the case of a warrant that identified a specific weapon to search for whomever it was served on would have to explain where that weapon went if it were not found. If the weapon were determined to not be related to the crime it would have been returned to the owner. They I believe they could have redacted the serial number and released the warrant (though maybe Texas law doesn't allow redactions). In my opinion, there must be something else in that warrant that they don't want out.

I understand what you mean, but something that may be 'one size fits all', means to me that adjustments can be made. I'm not questioning that the figure shown may have been a medium. I really don't know. The SP could be anywhere from XS to 4XXX. I was just offering an idea.

I didn't see anywhere it was speculated to be one-size-fits all. You'll know how different we all are when you put on something form-fitting like a vest (for example a life vest).

A side bar conversation would be that if you took someone like RB (a husky guy) and put a vest like that on him (adding a couple inches all around) he'd look much larger than the SP we see on the video (remember, the camera also puts on additional "weight".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot