TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: All of my posts and the post below are my opinion and are for entertainment purposes only.
Based on the things I've heard I think that MPD and the Ellis County Sheriff's office are doing a great job at working what turned out to be a fairly complex investigation. It's extremely difficult to catch a thief turned murderer with the only motive being not to get caught. I still believe that an arrest will come in the next 2-3 weeks as things get finalized.

Didn't someone post that when there is an alarm system in a building,in Texas, that there would be a registration or something posted on the entrance of the building?
I seem to recall something about that very early on in the case.
The city of Midlothian requires a permit for security alarm systems. According to what was said in one of the press conferences Creekside had not taken out a permit.

One thing I will point out though, is that Creekside Church of Christ is not its true legal name. The true name is Rolling Hills Church DBA (doing business as) Creekside Church of Christ. That is why to find their property info in the Ellis County Tax Appraisal site by name you would have to search for Rolling Hills. Perhaps, if this were the first press conference, they hadn't checked under the Rolling Hills name at that time in their alarm permit system. That said, I expect that Creekside didn't have a permit for an alarm system.

My wife managed to track down the architect of the Creekside Church building and there is one document (construction plan) that is over 400 pages long for a different church but it only mentions fire alarm systems - no mention of security or even cameras. For other church constructions this architect firm is involved with they seem to have the same contractors for many of the aspects of constructing a church. Since only one construction plan was found there is no way to know if most or all of them only had fire alarm system requirements. No such document has been found for the Creekside church - only a computer generated rendition of the future building and site (slightly different than the actual building and site that exists).

I found it interesting today to go back and watch the pressers and read available transcripts. There are nuggets in there that answer questions we've been debating, such as whether the class was going to be inside as I mentioned in another post. It's just hard to remember and keep track of it all. I'm watching the very first April 18 presser and here are some interesting tidbits. Some of them you may have kept track of from the beginning; others, maybe you forgot like I did:

1. Spann is asked at about the 7:00 mark if the suspect appeared to be armed. Spann replies, "Could not tell from the video if he was armed. He did appear to have some type of object that he was using to pry on doors." Spann moves pretty smoothly in answering this question. To me, this answers the question of whether a gun was used. I think Spann would have hesitated in some way to edit himself to not mention the gun, if there was clear evidence of a bullet wound.

2. At about 7:47 he says the campers "went into the building to start their boot camp, and that's when they located her." Dispels the rumor that they saw something amiss through the window and THEN went to investigate.

Snipped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

I think the gun theories are interesting and put a spin on the angle LE is taking with the information they give us. Some are strongly of the theory LE is being honest in their statements and they are not using them to try to give SP a false sense of security. Others think their statements may not be accurate and LE wouldn't update as they found out new information (say related to alibis, weapons, etc).

From #1 above BBM, being that this statement was so soon after the murder, I personally believe LE had no reason to believe MB had been shot at this point. I agree with Cannonball here that there would have been some hesitation or something if they had clear evidence of a gunshot or if they had seen SP carrying a gun.

There is still the possibility they weren't able to see the gunshot wound due to the use of the hammer and the gun was never visible on camera. For those that believe a gun was used, what do you think would be LE's point in not releasing that information after the autopsy? The case of the stolen guns was already public information. If you have the FBI and ATF in, you know that you aren't going to be able to hide and cover that up. I really can't imagine multiple law enforcement agencies would all agree to not mention any possible ties for several months. That seems like it would really damage their image with the community. If a gun was used, but isn't related to the stolen gun ring, why not just release that information? FYI, I am not sure where I fall on the gun use. I guess my initial reaction is I don't believe one was used, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear it was. I don't however believe MB's murder was part of a bigger cover-up of the stolen gun ring.

Why are you so certain?

1ST LE would have no motivation to misrepresent anything in a search warrant. The phrase "puncture wounds" in no way indicates the use of a fire arm.
2nd The use of a firearm is derived from pure speculation, and requires that we believe LE is hiding or choosing to mislead the public, and again, I site the lack of motivation.
3rd There was no firearm visible on the suspect nor has there been any official mention of a firearm being used.
4th If the suspect had a gun, why would he/she bludgeon MB to death? Wouldn't it have made more sense just to shoot her.
5th There were multiple puncture wounds. This leads me to believe the suspect had no problem doing the deed. Are we to believe he/she got squeamish half way through the job and pulled out the gun.
6th Why would the suspect draw un necessary attention to the scene?
I could go on?

1ST LE would have no motivation to misrepresent anything in a search warrant. The phrase "puncture wounds" in no way indicates the use of a fire arm.
2nd The use of a firearm is derived from pure speculation, and requires that we believe LE is hiding or choosing to mislead the public, and again, I site the lack of motivation.
3rd There was no firearm visible on the suspect nor has there been any official mention of a firearm being used.
4th If the suspect had a gun, why would he/she bludgeon MB to death? Wouldn't it have made more sense just to shoot her.
5th There were multiple puncture wounds. This leads me to believe the suspect had no problem doing the deed. Are we to believe he/she got squeamish half way through the job and pulled out the gun.
I could go on?
Could be, or it could not be. Time will tell. Wonder why the ATF K9 was there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I could go on?

P.S. It makes more sence that the ATF, and FBI was brought in because of the police impersination. The state of the world today (terrorist). Not knowing initaly what this was, the way the perp was dressed, and where they were (a church), and not being able to identify all the things the suspect was carrying in the video. It is likley that they considered this may have been an atempt to bomp a church and thus brougt in drug sniffing dogs. Much less likley that they brout the dogs in because they thought a gun was used in the murder.

I attempted to contact that Tarrant County investigation unit a few times, but I did not try the DA. I was unable to penetrate the first switchboard layer, being repeatedly told that Tarrant Co did not work on this case. No matter how I tried to explain, they simply would not forward the call and told me to contact MPD as it was "their jurisdiction".

My first post, Batbrat, so pardon me if you've already addressed this. Since the Tarrant County investigation unit would not forward your call and told you to contact MPD, have you tried contacting MPD to provide them with your findings and then perhaps they could forward your info to the appropriate agency?

By the way, there are so many talented people on this forum, you included. I sincerely hope you can get your work to the appropriate authorities. I think you've done an excellent job on your analysis, as well as your presentation.

This is an interesting area. I would like to know what time it was - from the time stamps - when SP exited Room 12 and entered the door across from it at the end of the 2 minute+ video they released.

If this was planned, rather than a burglary gone wrong, the first variable totally out of their control was what time specifically Missy would arrive. They would have to already be where they wanted to kill her by time she arrived or else they would be running across the church (via the sanctuary/auditorium) because they were in the diagonally opposite corner (NE) than the area Missy was killed when last seen on the video that was released.

In my opinion, the murder was carefully planned, and very little was totally out of their control. The weather was, of course, but seems to have helped rather than hindered. I believe the killer(s) had intimate knowledge of her routine, either from direct contact with MB, information from people close to her, from stalking her prior to the murder, or for that matter, knowledge from all three of these possibilities. Saying the time variable was totally out of the killer(s)"s control may be a bit of an overstatement, in my opinion. I would think there were likely windows of time in the plan, i.e. between 0:00 and 0:00 stage the scene; between 0:00 and 0:00 kill the victim, by 0:00 be out of that building. I believe this crime was carefully planned and executed, from the time-buying (best way to describe it!) vandalism to the costume to the actual murder and how he/she/they would kill her. Afterward, their intent to buy more time was successful, as even today, the public can't agree on the gender of the costumed person. I personally have a lot of confidence in LE. - not saying anyone else doesn't. We're dealing with only a very small fraction of what they know, trying to make these few little pieces fit together. I think in big picture, we know very, very little. I still think those Tony Lamas, Justins and Lucchese's are the soft sounds the killer(s) hears - coming for you or y'all, whatever the case may be.

I could go on?
The questions then become why the secrecy about the cause of death? And why, as MPD stated, do they believe withholding that gives them a strategic advantage?

The questions then become why the secrecy about the cause of death? And why, as MPD stated, do they believe withholding that gives them a strategic advantage?
They're definitely withholding, as they should be. The fact they called it "puncture wounds" is interesting, as many things cause puncture wounds. Normally you'd see "stabbing", "gunshot", "bludgeoning". But "puncture wounds"? Carefully chosen wording, IMO.

Disclaimer: All of my posts and the post below are my opinion and are for entertainment purposes only.
Based on the things I've heard I think that MPD and the Ellis County Sheriff's office are doing a great job at working what turned out to be a fairly complex investigation. It's extremely difficult to catch a thief turned murderer with the only motive being not to get caught. I still believe that an arrest will come in the next 2-3 weeks as things get finalized.

Hello! Glad to see your post today. You're the one who first got me thinking possible B&E after I read your Thread 26 #213 post! Could you repost it?

I've never worked in law enforcement, so I only have a guess. If the murder included some specific, unique means known only to the killer(s), and someone contacted LE with information about the murder, stating they knew who killed her and how, LE would be better able to assign credibility to that tip. Also, although it may not be a reasonable consideration, not releasing all that information shows more sensitivity to the family.

ZVEDZA
user-offline.png

Join DateMay 2016Posts16​

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I've been involved with LE for over 17 years with the last 9 specifically in burglary and violent crimes. I've seen hundreds of videos where a perp has broken into a building (commercial, school, church, etc) with some type of disguise. They've worn everything from ninja outfits, tactical gear to mascot uniforms. I seen the exact type of nonchalant, slow and easy walk that the SP in the video is showing. In my opinion the SP broke into the church expecting to get something of value. Most church break-ins occur on Sunday and Wednesday nights. During the process of burglarizing this church an interaction occurred between the SP and MB which led to MB's death.
This isn't a staged burglary to cover up a pre-meditated murder. I know a lot of people are stuck on the fact that the SP didn't take the wedding ring. It's because the SP was in a frantic state after the altercation and wanted to get out quick. If this had been a pre-meditated murder the last thing a perp would do is be caught on camera and would've certainly chosen a much easier path. The SP also knows that they are on camera because they looked right at the camera. Simply put, the SP didn't go to the church with the intention to commit murder.

Of course, this is all just my opinion based on years of experience. As mentioned previously, I've seen the behavior the SP displays many, many times in burglary videos. The SP is very comfortable being in a building that they burglarized and I'm very sure this person has been doing this for a long time.

Me: I copied and pasted ZVEDZA's post from Thread 26 #213 that got me wondering B&E. It's JMO only. Subject to change.​

P.S. It makes more sence that the ATF, and FBI was brought in because of the police impersination. The state of the world today (terrorist). Not knowing initaly what this was, the way the perp was dressed, and where they were (a church), and not being able to identify all the things the suspect was carrying in the video. It is likley that they considered this may have been an atempt to bomp a church and thus brougt in drug sniffing dogs. Much less likley that they brout the dogs in because they thought a gun was used in the murder.

Speaking of K9----wasn't the Arlington PD dog Mojo brought in? Sadly, Mojo died earlier this week due to heat exhaustion. He and his handler were pursuing a felon in a wooded area and he become overheated. The veternarian said the thermometer stopped at 110 degrees so they feel his temp exceeded that. He was a beautiful dog. I just thought I recalled a poster in an earlier thread mentioning Mojo.

RIP Mojo
RIP Missy

Speaking of K9----wasn't the Arlington PD dog Mojo brought in? Sadly, Mojo died earlier this week due to heat exhaustion. He and his handler were pursuing a felon in a wooded area and he become overheated. The veternarian said the thermometer stopped at 110 degrees so they feel his temp exceeded that. He was a beautiful dog. I just thought I recalled a poster in an earlier thread mentioning Mojo.

RIP Mojo
RIP Missy
Poor dog! Rip

In my opinion, the murder was carefully planned, and very little was totally out of their control. The weather was, of course, but seems to have helped rather than hindered. I believe the killer(s) had intimate knowledge of her routine, either from direct contact with MB, information from people close to her, from stalking her prior to the murder, or for that matter, knowledge from all three of these possibilities. Saying the time variable was totally out of the killer(s)"s control may be a bit of an overstatement, in my opinion. I would think there were likely windows of time in the plan, i.e. between 0:00 and 0:00 stage the scene; between 0:00 and 0:00 kill the victim, by 0:00 be out of that building. I believe this crime was carefully planned and executed, from the time-buying (best way to describe it!) vandalism to the costume to the actual murder and how he/she/they would kill her. Afterward, their intent to buy more time was successful, as even today, the public can't agree on the gender of the costumed person. I personally have a lot of confidence in LE. - not saying anyone else doesn't. We're dealing with only a very small fraction of what they know, trying to make these few little pieces fit together. I think in big picture, we know very, very little. I still think those Tony Lamas, Justins and Lucchese's are the soft sounds the killer(s) hears - coming for you or y'all, whatever the case may be.
You can't really control what another human being is going to do. Missy could have slept in an extra 5 minutes. She could have awoken early and left a little earlier. She could have taken a different route to the church that would have changed how much time it would get there. Upon entering the church she could have went down a hallway and SP was waiting down the other. You can have high confidence based on prior actions or behavior where someone will go and when but you can't control what another person may actually do especially if that person doesn't know they have to be in a specific area in that church at or after a specific time. SP could only control that if they went MBs house, woke her, got her in her vehicle, drove to the church and walked her to the spot she was murdered.

So I believe that SP had high confidence and planned based on that. Since I believe that this was planned with the intent to get away with it, if Missy were to be 10 or 15 minutes later to the church she would be alive today but in extreme danger never knowing someone wants her dead.

<modsnip>
How long would it take to remove the bullet and take it with them? Do you think they PLANNED to do that? That seems time consuming in their little 15 minute window, IMHO. I would want to do it as well, but you would sure have to be cool as a cucumber to do that and then quickly clean up!

GRAPHIC IN NATURE
SCROLL AND ROLL

<modsnip>my response to your question, DrPam, would be if the ammo used was similar to the image posted yesterday by Jethro, let us call it a little dart, then, removal of the steel little dart was quite simple. The SP was mentally and emotionally prepared to do this. Couldn't the "clean up" be the removal of the ammo from the victim? Finding it difficult to balance the clean up any other way due to the SPs time constraints and possible lack of pulse from the precious victim. LEO informed us that tools were left behind that SP did not bother to take away from the CS indicating SP left those tools for a reason.

On a different note that is certainly not addressed specifically to your question, SP did not remove one iota of the SWAT gear while inside that Church for fear of leaving trace DNA.

:cow:

I don't doubt as in a lot of murder investigations, LE knows somthing things we dont. There are most likley things they want to keep to themselves as a means of verifying or tripping up the suspect in an interrogation. That still does not alude to the use of a gun.

They're definitely withholding, as they should be. The fact they called it "puncture wounds" is interesting, as many things cause puncture wounds. Normally you'd see "stabbing", "gunshot", "bludgeoning". But "puncture wounds"? Carefully chosen wording, IMO.

They used the words "puncture wounds" because thats what they were. I don't think it was LE being cryptic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds