TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought the leg looks like a prosthetic when you see the ankle from the back as he is going across the hall toward the Dutch door. It almost looks like light is reflecting off metal at the ankle in that view from the back. I have searched local LE photos to see if there are any with a prosthetic leg but have not found one that is visible. LE hiring veterans is common so it seems like a possibility. Maybe someone can enhance the video to show that more clearly.

Since I saw many pics/videos of Osc*r Pistor**s (WS) I think the foot of a prostetic leg isn't pointing outwards but rather unnatural straight ahead.

JMO If there had been affair(s), and an attempt to reconcile, and daily "I love you", then a new series of flirtations or an affair that is being kept secret by deleting the messages... JMO if I were a spouse in this situation, I would feel more than betrayed, more than lied to, but more like duped, made a fool of, or made a chump, and I would be more than angry about another affair, I would be enraged at the duplicity.

This SW is why I never understood the aspersions cast on AT/CT when the SW states that the person MB was having flirtatious and intimate messaging with was CW, not AT.

I agree with the what you think the spouse would feel, but I also think someone else who loves BB may have been angered to see him betrayed and humiliated and decided to make sure Missy paid for her sins. I also think it's possible that the person may have done it without BB knowing, but if he didn't know before I think he quickly figured it out (hence the "I can forgive you but you have to confess" line).

When you consider that the murder happened when BB was out of town, and away from the home so the daughters didn't discover her, and BB implying that his forgiveness would matter enough for someone to confess to murder...and then think about how BB's mom has made sure to remind everyone how imperfect Missy was at every opportunity...to me it points to someone close to the family being the perpetrator.

And "verified" means that LE (the people we've hired and paid to vouch for it's validity) made sure that it happened as they claimed. They very much could have been involved (certainly on my Top 3 of 4 list). But our hired and sworn defenders say they were far away at the time the murder happened. Are you saying that they are bumbling incompetents, or lying or...?

Respectfully, just because a person questions certain LE statements doesn't mean they think LE are "bumbling incompetents, or lying". That rhetoric feels more like a tactic rather than sound argument, considering most of us are aware that LE has altered or contradicted previous statements made regarding this case.

I'm going to guess that most of us believe LE is doing their job, is fully competent, and will solve this case. This doesn't mean we necessarily have to agree with every statement they make. I have disagreements with people frequently, but that doesn't mean I think they're "liars and incompetents".

<modsnip>

How long would it take to remove the bullet and take it with them? Do you think they PLANNED to do that? That seems time consuming in their little 15 minute window, IMHO. I would want to do it as well, but you would sure have to be cool as a cucumber to do that and then quickly clean up!

I've read here that SP's gear wouldn't fit a certain person on the warrant. My ex was in LE. His vest was adjustable and I could make it maximize or minimize my chest with the Velcro straps. The boots, no way. Size 6 to his size ten wouldn't work. Just putting it out there. JMO

Yes, probably my comment. To clarify, it was not that she would be "unable" to put that type clothing on, but rather that her body shape did not fit the silhouette of the person in the video. If you measure limb lengths from joint to joint, height from head to hip to knee to ankle, body volume in the areas where both subjects carry weight, there is no match. She cannot change the lengths of her limbs or her upper torso. It's impossible to conceal a curvy lower body in a less than curvy silhouette. Not even with spanx. ;) Of course she could wear that outfit, but she would look and move nothing like SP if she did.

Hmmm. I was thinking (past tense) that since the perp didn't know whether the church had an alarm or not, that he probably tested it by breaking a window. (I don't think most alarms actually ring, though, but alert the local police station, instead.)
Now I changed my mind, and I don't think the murderer tested for an alarm because it's not the norm for a church to have one.
I FLIP FLOP AS MUCH AS A POLITICIAN.

I think they knew there wasn't an alarm and knew exactly what to expect with regard to the cameras, hence the costume--JIMHO!

Did you guys speak the night before, and what did you say to her?

“Every
day for the last 10 months, she has made it a point to text me at work that she
loves me, and have a good day honey. When I finally arrived in Biloxi around
7:30, which was later than I was supposed to be there, I spoke to her. She said
good night, and it was still about 8 o’clock. I called her anyway, probably
around 9 or 9:30
to tell her I love her, and she was already half-asleep. And
that’s the last time I spoke to her.”
[video=youtube;lnBJ17dtx48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnBJ17dtx48[/video]

Two statements jump out at me from this conversation. He spoke to her at 7:30 and around 8:00 she told him good night. Why would he call her back around 9-9:30 to tell her "I love you"? He wants us to have the impression how wonderful there marriage was. Personally, I call BS! A couple married this long, the guy is NOT going to call back an hour later to say I Love You!!

He was either checking up on her to see if she was in her room or had gone out. Or, knew what the morning would bring and maybe guilt made him get that one last word of endearment in?

Also, why did he drop the little tidbit that he was in Bilioxi later than he was supposed to be? Covering his trail? Why was he late? What was he doing?

Perp arrived 25 mins before MB, and to me that seems like ample time especially if you have cased the place yourself or had inside info. I think the whole thing was deeply planned. IMO.
He probably did case it or have inside info to know the most likely successful ways to get in.
I believe he had to break the glass as staging. But I'm unfamiliar with him leaving a door open that MB would have seen? I don't know anything about that.
Oh snap I told myself not to debate the B n E scenarios anymore. But it's been too quite in here these last couple of nights. :(

I'm also not too sure, the perp just barley made it in. That would be hard to tell without being there. Suspect may have gotten in with ease?

excerpt from: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1607/06/ddhln.01.html

"...Lisa Bloom, Host: [KS], police reports are saying that [MB] may have had an affair. Did you know anything about that?

[KS]: I knew of one um that happened about a year and a half ago. Um, that was the only one that I knew of. And um you know when this thing first happened, that um was the first thing that went through my mind was--you know--was, did this have anything to do with--with an affair, that she may have had another one, you know, cause what a lot of people thought, you know, it (clears throat) it certainly looked targeted and could an affair play a part in this?..."

18 months before murder - an affair by MB
10 months before murder - "I love you" every day MB to BB
4 months before and continuing to murder - MB engaging in flirtatious LI messages

How did LE know so quickly that MB and CW were engaging in flirtatious LI messages since there were attempts to immediately delete them? WHO is it that knew about the flirtatious messages and informed LE? Was it CW or someone else? The LinkedIn SW for CW was issued without his knowledge, and the strongest terms were advised to LinkedIn not to disclose the existence of the SW, so was it someone else who told LE about the flirtatious and intimate messages?

From the LinkedIn SW dated 4/27/2016:

page 13/18 of pdf, page 4/9 of CW SW:
"...THE COURT HEREBY ORDERS THE ABOVE-LISTED PROVIDER NOT TO
DISCLOSE THE EXISTENCE OF THIS SEARCH WARRANT, BECAUSE THE
EVIDENCE BEING SOUGHT IS EASILY DELETED OR DESTROYED. IN
ADDITION, AFFIANT’S INVESTIGATION IS NOT KNOWN TO THE SUSPECT AND
DISCLOSURE OF THE INVESTIGATION WILL LIKELY CAUSE IMMEDIATE
DANGER TO WITNESSES, DESTRUCTION OFOTHER PHYSICAL EVIDENCE AND
FLIGHT FROM PROSECUTION ..."

page 16/18 of pdf, page 7/9 of CW SW:
"...Additionally, law enforcement has conducted several interviews with persons of interest
and during one such interview learned that [CW], had engaged in while on
the Linkedln Social Media Service several correspondence with the decedent since
(January of2016) until her death. These communications were described as flirtatious
and familiar. ...

...An electronic forensic data extraction of the cellphones belonging to the decedent and
[CW] confirms that the communications using Linkedln occurred. The content of
the recovered communications appears intimate in nature. The extracted information
also showed that these communications were deleted after the conversation ended and
were only able to be partially recovered. ..."

JMO If there had been affair(s), and an attempt to reconcile, and daily "I love you", then a new series of flirtations or an affair that is being kept secret by deleting the messages... JMO if I were a spouse in this situation, I would feel more than betrayed, more than lied to, but more like duped, made a fool of, or made a chump, and I would be more than angry about another affair, I would be enraged at the duplicity.

This SW is why I never understood the aspersions cast on AT/CT when the SW states that the person MB was having flirtatious and intimate messaging with was CW, not AT.
That is another $64,000 question. Who did know about CW, if anyone, prior to her murder? My working theory is that was discovered through the forensic examination of the electronic devices and no one volunteered a tip specifically about CW. They were tipped about the "creepy" message so they may have looked deeper at LinkedIN to begin with. If what KS mentioned on Dr Drew about a prior incidence (based on what she said would go back to dec 14 or jan 15 time frame) and CW was the same person then I expect a handful of people to have known.

Since he said a friend rented the car and the charter was paid for by someone else it's possible there wouldn't be anything to verify other than his flight, and the recollections of clerks and service personnel. Perhaps they also got pings from his phone on towers there.

It is doubtful that BB got on a plane with anything other than his ID. As for verification, LE I would assume has checked his reciepts for dinner, bottled water, gum or anything else he may have purchased either on the plane or once they arrived in MS. I also doubt that LE's statments about the alibi checking out was intended to mislead the public or the perp for that matter.

Yes, probably my comment. To clarify, it was not that she would be "unable" to put that type clothing on, but rather that her body shape did not fit the silhouette of the person in the video. If you measure limb lengths from joint to joint, height from head to hip to knee to ankle, body volume in the areas where both subjects carry weight, there is no match. She cannot change the lengths of her limbs or her upper torso. It's impossible to conceal a curvy lower body in a less than curvy silhouette. Not even with spanx. ;) Of course she could wear that outfit, but she would look and move nothing like SP if she did.
Do you happen to have an estimate for the distance hip to knee and the distance from knee to ankle for SP? I am particularly interested in the latter distance.

Since he said a friend rented the car and the charter was paid for by someone else it's possible there wouldn't be anything to verify other than his flight, and the recollections of clerks and service personnel. Perhaps they also got pings from his phone on towers there.

OCGrad, looking at it from this manner as you state, I see where you are coming from. You are absolutely correct, an alibi would need to be verified by taped video to actually capture the person in question at the actual place on the day and time in question.
Knowing what check-ins are like, clerks only remember certain people. The normal compliant person is a blessing to a clerk and unless they are a repeat customer, they are just one in a hundred they may work with in the cycle of a day.

It is doubtful that BB got on a plane with anything other than his ID. As for verification, LE I would assume has checked his reciepts for dinner, bottled water, gum or anything else he may have purchased either on the plane or once they arrived in MS. I also doubt that LE's statments about the alibi checking out was intended to mislead the public or the perp for that matter.
I expect that BB would be seen on TSA security checkpoint and on any boarding gate footage.

Concern for our efforts. If they're not giving us good information (to protect the investigation), then we're make wrong assumptions here (i.e. if BB and RB really weren't where they said they were, and could be in CCoC, and we've eliminated that possibility assuming they were indeed in MS and CA, we'll be way off track.

Not that you can take my word for it, but I am confident from looking at the video that neither BB or RB are the suspect. BB is entirely too tall and thin, and RB is entirely too fat- other than the similarities in the walk, there is nothing that I have seen other than rampant speculation to suggest that RB was not where he said he was, or that he commited the crime. Same goes for BB. I know as of late, this has not been a popular position here, but I can see the rotation of commentary from page after page after page, of injecting of speculation with the charactors we know of, in the absense of any new information, or new players.

excerpt from: http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1607/06/ddhln.01.html

"...Lisa Bloom, Host: [KS], police reports are saying that [MB] may have had an affair. Did you know anything about that?

[KS]: I knew of one um that happened about a year and a half ago. Um, that was the only one that I knew of. And um you know when this thing first happened, that um was the first thing that went through my mind was--you know--was, did this have anything to do with--with an affair, that she may have had another one, you know, cause what a lot of people thought, you know, it (clears throat) it certainly looked targeted and could an affair play a part in this?..."

18 months before murder - an affair by MB
10 months before murder - "I love you" every day MB to BB
4 months before and continuing to murder - MB engaging in flirtatious LI messages

How did LE know so quickly that MB and CW were engaging in flirtatious LI messages since there were attempts to immediately delete them? WHO is it that knew about the flirtatious messages and informed LE? Was it CW or someone else? The LinkedIn SW for CW was issued without his knowledge, and the strongest terms were advised to LinkedIn not to disclose the existence of the SW, so was it someone else who told LE about the flirtatious and intimate messages?

From the LinkedIn SW dated 4/27/2016:

page 13/18 of pdf, page 4/9 of CW SW:
"...THE COURT HEREBY ORDERS THE ABOVE-LISTED PROVIDER NOT TO
DISCLOSE THE EXISTENCE OF THIS SEARCH WARRANT, BECAUSE THE
EVIDENCE BEING SOUGHT IS EASILY DELETED OR DESTROYED. IN
ADDITION, AFFIANT&#8217;S INVESTIGATION IS NOT KNOWN TO THE SUSPECT AND
DISCLOSURE OF THE INVESTIGATION WILL LIKELY CAUSE IMMEDIATE
DANGER TO WITNESSES, DESTRUCTION OFOTHER PHYSICAL EVIDENCE AND
FLIGHT FROM PROSECUTION ..."

page 16/18 of pdf, page 7/9 of CW SW:
"...Additionally, law enforcement has conducted several interviews with persons of interest
and during one such interview learned that [CW], had engaged in while on
the Linkedln Social Media Service several correspondence with the decedent since
(January of2016) until her death. These communications were described as flirtatious
and familiar. ...

...An electronic forensic data extraction of the cellphones belonging to the decedent and
[CW] confirms that the communications using Linkedln occurred. The content of
the recovered communications appears intimate in nature. The extracted information
also showed that these communications were deleted after the conversation ended and
were only able to be partially recovered. ..."

Sandy, great post and great question.

With respect to your comment about AT/CT, MB could have been concurrently flirtatious with somebody in addition to CW.

On a side note, it's really nice to see some more seasoned posters commenting again.

The other thing that occurs to me is that MPD called BB at some point after one of the campers called him. MPD can obtain their own phone records and know where the phone at the other end of that call was located. They also, but we only have BB's word for this, called him at other points before he arrived back in Midlothian. So, they should have location records for those as well.

<modsnip>

I will put up cold hard cash, that there was no gun used in this case!!!

Didn't someone post that when there is an alarm system in a building,in Texas, that there would be a registration or something posted on the entrance of the building?
I seem to recall something about that very early on in the case.

The other thing that occurs to me is that MPD called BB at some point after one of the campers called him. MPD can obtain their own phone records and know where the phone at the other end of that call was located. They also, but we only have BB's word for this, called him at other points before he arrived back in Midlothian. So, they should have location records for those as well.

My thoughts as well. I haven't invested a lot of energy in responding to the notion that LE may be less than truthfull about the alabis or that the alabis were staged, etc. Mostly because if LE said they confirmed it, I'm sure that is what they ment. I know there have been other cases where an alabi initialy thought to be good turned out not to be, but I do not believe that to be the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allihounds