TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missy entering through the doors in the SW corner has really thrown me for a loop. Part of the reason that I assumed MB entered through the western doors was because her movements in the building would have been very clear. Her movements would have also been very consistent with a routine. However, now that we know MB entered through the SW doors I am left with many questions:

1) What was MB doing in the building?
2) Where was she heading?
3) Was this part of her normal routine? Rain or shine?

If she was heading to get ice or water in the kitchen, why did SP not attack her there? (S)he would have known the attack would have been off camera. At this point, I definitely have more questions than answers.

Also, the only scenario that that lines up with LE's statements is what SteveS previously outlined. Did MB enter the auditorium or room #2 on her own accord? If so, why? If not, she must have been pulled into that space, I think. That would lead me to believe that SP must have been an extremely strong individual.

Given that MB entered through the SW doors and I believe that this was a targeted hit, who knew her exact routine? IMO, MB's routine is not abundantly obvious... I cannot even imagine it myself. This is someone who knew exactly where MB would be and at what time. I am relooking at those who have superior knowledge of the church or of CG.

For those of you who asked, one of the SWs or official pressers from LE stated that MB arrived at 4:16 and "immediately" entered the church. I quickly tried to find the exact language, but I could not locate it. I am 100% confident that LE said that MB immediately entered the church. I read that language after a poster had linked to a MSM article stating that MB was in the process of unloading her car so the word "immediately" caught my attention. If no one finds it before then, I will locate it this evening.

ETA - I don't think that the cameras inside would have been able to capture MB's headlights. The cameras were not even sensitive enough to capture a walking person in their field of view. How does LE know exactly what time MB arrived?

Usually these classes are held "outside",
and usually in areas such as, a "parking lot"
(of a school, etc., etc., etc.),
or in a field-type area, etc.
And from what I have read, the participants are told that they have to bring their own "water bottle". (And I take that to mean, not an empty one. That they bring their own "drink".)

Each class, lasts "one hour".

````````
My question is:
Why would she even have a "key", to begin with?
"when"/"why", was she (first) given a "key"?

(And I would think that the preacher, is the only one who could have given her a key.)

(She wasn't a member of this church.)

CG classes, are usually held "outside".

Did she have a key,

or did someone unlock a door, for her, in regard to this particular day.

???

````````
(classes are usually held "outside", in a "parking lot", etc.)

Is it normally done, to give a CG class instructor a "key", to a/the building?

(I would think, that is not normally/usually done. Is it?)

Was she given a key (if so, "when"),
or did someone unlock a door, for her, on this particular day?

???

``````
(Posted previously, on now-closed thread 32)

Cannonball3804

A lot of folks keep repeating the statement that MB had moved the workout inside the building. If you have proof, I'd like to see it.

You can see on her FB, with respect to her camp at the convention center,
that she said they were camping under the awning due to rain.

So I don't know why the church would be any different?
[end]

(My statement to ALL)

Was she given a "key", to the convention center / did she go inside that building, before
the classes began (outside)?
Did she do so, on the day(s) it was done under the awning due to rain?

```````
(In reply to your question)

I think MT even stated that when she was being questioned during media interviews.

If you do a Google search for the following:
Terri Bevers due to the rain

you will then see it stated, all over the place.

`````````````

Razz

I hate to bring this up as I'm not going to search for it to confirm
but I'm hoping somone will remember that

supposedly AT texted re that particular workout would be moved indoors.

Does anyone recall that?
I read it about halfway through all these threads.
If not, disregard.
[end]

Her last posting on Facebook (which was posted at 9:00 p.m., the night before) stated,
Goodnight all. I have to get up at 3:30. See you bright & early.

```````
If she texted that,
what time did she do so?
- and did she do so, that previous evening, or early the next morning?

Did she say anything about it on a Facebook posting?

(Why wouldn't she have,
unless she made that decision "after" she did her Facebook posting. (which was, the last one.)

Not to mention that area is probably under patrol/surveillance. You'd have some 'splainin to do. Of course, all of us here at WS would deny knowing you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just trying to find facts... since they aren't sharing.

Can't say with any certainty. But it looks a lot like the veterans symbols that have a "V" shaped ribbon with a medal below - that would produce a "Y" shape when looking at it from that kind of distance. But since I don't know with any certainty what the lifetime of that plate template is - when it was introduced, discontinued, and when that plate would have to be turned in for a new one - I can't know if the designs for such a symbol are the same as seen for current plates. So that is the uncertainty with my guess.

I unsuccessfully searched for the plate. I found only Texas Longhorn which has the shape of a Y and Brigham Young University which has a Y. But the colours (left red/right green (blue??), "Texas" in white letters didn't fit.

(thread 32. A closed thread)

I stated:

Since I am not signed up on Facebook,
am I correct in believing that:
you have to be "connected" to the person on Facebook,
in order to see their postings (even when they are set to "public".)
Now isn't that correct?
[end]

Cannonball3804

If someone is set to public, then their posts are going to be visible to anyone who brings up Facebook and searches up Their name. Obviously if the person had a FB account and was following MB, they might see her post pop up in their FB news feed.

But even if they don't have a FB account at all, they could see anything she posted if she didn't have privacy on; they would just have to navigate to her FB page in order to see it.

[The thread "closed",
before I could get back to this, and
say "Thank You", for your reply.]

(I am now adding, this clarification. I didn't explain it clearly, before)
What I meant was/what I was referring to was:
I have seen people's "public" profile, shown,
but then you can't read anything else, unless you "connect".

(Since your "reply", I now get it.)

- There is an option where you can make "both" public,

- There is an option where you can make, just, your profile "public"
, but have to "connect", to read the other info. (postings, etc.)

- There is an option to make both, private.

For what it is worth, here is the weather radar at 4am and 5am

attachment.php

attachment.php

I only know because I was surprised the concrete was drying up... and my dog wouldn't touch grass.
A. I was mad they (the dogs) got up so early..
B. I was glad it stopped raining
C. I looked at the clock, because they usually don't waken me at that hour.

I only did a quick search, so nothing I say can be considered fact, but there are chartered trips that don't have a "set" time...ie. you set the time you leave and return. Although I am far from what one would call a fisherman, I do know dusk is a prime fishing time. I admit maybe you know more about exactly what type of charter he took, but going off of only knowing he took a chartered fishing trip, leaving at that time, or really anytime from 3 am until 7 am, not only would I not consider fishy (no pun intended :)) but I would actually consider that time as actually the most logical time for the trip.

1 last quick thing...was it actually stated/confirmed by someone that he chartered a boat? Or is this just based on our sleuthing?

MT (BB's mom) said on a TV interview that it was an annual fishing trip, that he has gone on for the last few years. This one was described as a "bucket list" charter fishing trip and it was paid for by a work vendor. I don't recall how many days/nights the charter was scheduled to be out, but I believe it was @ 5 days/nights and I vaguely recall the charter's departure being delayed by 1/2 day or so due to the weather. Sorry - I'm not much help. I need to get some sleep and didn't want to leave you hanging without anything.

Credit to gliving for this reference post from thread 26 post 901:

For reference purposes:

UPDATED APRIL 18 TIMELINE

3:50 a.m. - Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ

4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot

4:20 a.m. - Missy appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building

4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church

5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church

5:01 a.m. - Fire department dispatched

5:03 a.m. - Initial patrol officers dispatched

5:07 a.m. - Fire department arrives to the church

5:10 a.m. Officers arrive at the church

http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story

Why did the first CG camper remain inside of their vehicle for 25 minutes? That is a long time to be cooped up inside a vehicle during the rain. Were they taking a nap before their workout?

Oh boy, if I posted all the theories I could come up with... Al this is JMO but the only one that doesn't make sense is the b&e ...

This is my most recent one, what if MB was seeing someone, but kept it super quiet? Maybe because he's married too? Maybe had burner cells no one knew about to get ahold of eachother? (Possibly took it with him when he left) And she had previously given this person a key to meet her at CoC, since that probably would be about the only time they'd be able to see eachother without anyone around.. so she did see the car and was expecting to see him there, and went to the room they usually met in and then he killed her.. Either because he thought his wife would find out, or maybe his wife did really find out and told him something like, if you really love me, you'd eliminate her as a problem all together.. Or complete the opposite and MB had ended with him and he still wanted to be with her and thought if I can't have you no one can... So she rushed in there to confront him and then he attacked her.. Either way SP would know where some little things they could mess with and where some cameras were located, because of sneaking around to avoid them before? But didn't know all of them and couldn't risk anything so they had to have their complete identity 100% hidden...

JMO of course...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: in no way was I trying to talk badly of MB, just some theories that popped into my thoughts and I thought I'd share..

MT (BB's mom) said on a TV interview that it was an annual fishing trip, that he has gone on for the last few years. This one was described as a "bucket list" charter fishing trip and it was paid for by a work vendor. I don't recall how many days/nights the charter was scheduled to be out, but I believe it was @ 5 days/nights and I vaguely recall the charter's departure being delayed by 1/2 day or so due to the weather. Sorry - I'm not much help. I need to get some sleep and didn't want to leave you hanging without anything.

Interesting.

BB himself stated: "I was in Biloxi, Mississippi, about to go on a fishing trip down on the Chandeleur Islands. I heard about it this morning. I received a phonecall from a couple of (MB)'s campers, and had I been out on that ship, I would have had no contact for a few days."

The charter services to the Chandeleur Islands are typically "mother ship trips". The boats are big, basically floating inns, where passengers launch smaller skiffs off the main boat to fish, then sleep and take meals on the main ship over the course of the days-long island cruise. From what I gather, these "mother ships" vary from spartan to very comfortable. In addition to private rooms, some have lounges with TV, game tables, etc. Passengers may be out of cell phone range, but every single one of my boating friends tell me that you are not "out of contact" with the shore while you're on a boat - especially a chartered passenger vessel. They also tell me this is common knowledge. While it's possible he would have assumed it, BB would certainly not have gone days without learning of MB's death.

My point about bringing this up again is that several people have suggested he could have just been down there fishing with a few buddies on one of their private boats that had no set departure schedule. However, the fact that BB himself calls it a "ship", coupled with his comment about having "no contact for a few days" (meaning a vessel large enough to accommodate passengers for multiple days and nights) tells me that this wasn't likely a private boat owned by friends but rather a chartered fishing cruise. While I guess it's possible BB was not going to be boarding that ship until later in the day or midnight on the 19th (some 10-20 hours later), I was only able to find one report of weather for that day in the area. It was FAIR weather for 48 hours surrounding his scheduled departure time. If the ship's departure was actually delayed that long, then why comment on the near missed phonecalls saying he was about to get on the ship? What was going through his head that he felt the need to point out this to reporters?

I understand the difference. What I am saying is they very well could have dna, hair, etc, just no match as of yet. When (if) they ever get a match, that would be direct evidence. I very well could be wrong (I have been once or maybe twice before ;)) but if I had to bet, I would guess they do have some sort of physical, direct evidence gathered at the scene, just nothing to link it to yet. Jmo

I guess I wasn't clear but the terms 'direct' and 'circumstantial' are legal terms of art not easily understood. DNA and a hair only prove that the person's DNA or hair was at the scene, not that the person committed the crime. One can infer that they were the murderer by proving the presence of their DNA or hair at the scene absent any reasonable explanation but as it requires an inference, it is circumstantial evidence.

Direct evidence: "Evidence , which if believed, proves the existence of fact in issue without inference or presumption." Black's Law Dictionary, citing State V McClure, Mo. App., 504 S.W. 2d 664, 668.

Indirect evidence: "Such evidence which only tens to establish the issue by proof of various facts sustaining by their consistency the hypothesis claimed. It consists of both inferences and presumptions." Black's citing Untied Textile Workers of America, et al.,D.C.S.C. 238 F. Supp. 366,372.

<modsnip>

The video could end up being direct evidence as well if they can match the gait or have clearer stills of the face than we have. The tools could end up being good forensic evidence as well. We know LE stated the tools SP was carrying in the video appeared to be what was used to kill her and some were left at the scene, so there will hopefully be some way to eventually tie that all together.

Not unless the identified person was captured on film murdering the victim. Otherwise, the video only proves that the person was present and then one must infer that this person is also the murderer. Once you start to infer, the evidence is circumstantial.

Interesting.

BB himself stated: "I was in Biloxi, Mississippi, about to go on a fishing trip down on the Chandeleur Islands. I heard about it this morning. I received a phonecall from a couple of (MB)'s campers, and had I been out on that ship, I would have had no contact for a few days."

The charter services to the Chandeleur Islands are typically "mother ship trips". The boats are big, basically floating inns, where passengers launch smaller skiffs off the main boat to fish, then sleep and take meals on the main ship over the course of the days-long island cruise. From what I gather, these "mother ships" vary from spartan to very comfortable. In addition to private rooms, some have lounges with TV, game tables, etc. Passengers may be out of cell phone range, but every single one of my boating friends tell me that you are not "out of contact" with the shore while you're on a boat - especially a chartered passenger vessel. They also tell me this is common knowledge. While it's possible he would have assumed it, BB would certainly not have gone days without learning of MB's death.

My point about bringing this up again is that several people have suggested he could have just been down there fishing with a few buddies on one of their private boats that had no set departure schedule. However, the fact that BB himself calls it a "ship", coupled with his comment about having "no contact for a few days" (meaning a vessel large enough to accommodate passengers for multiple days and nights) tells me that this wasn't likely a private boat owned by friends but rather a chartered fishing cruise. While I guess it's possible BB was not going to be boarding that ship until later in the day or midnight on the 19th (some 10-20 hours later), I was only able to find one report of weather for that day in the area. It was FAIR weather for 48 hours surrounding his scheduled departure time. If the ship's departure was actually delayed that long, then why comment on the near missed phonecalls saying he was about to get on the ship? What was going through his head that he felt the need to point out this to reporters?

Just returned from a fishing trip on a privately owned fishing boat that is 65 feet long and sleeps 12. Unless someone had been given the boat's name, contact could be a problem for days unless the boat was equipped with a satellite phone or someone aboard had one and the number was known to the friends at home. Just saying.

People familiar with the Navy would call it a ship because only submarines are called boats in the Navy.

Everyone here has or may have a scenario
1) SP
2) SP and look.out
3) SP and one who did actual killing
4) hired killing
5) Family
6) church involvement
7) B/E
8) gun runners
9) illegal steroid distribution
10) jealous wife
11) jilted lover
12) gamer

Well I hope "gamer", doesn't have to do with what I posted.
(Which was, when I was looking at the tactical gear online, I came across that: some "gamers", wear that type of thing. (tactical gear)

And the reason I stated that was:
(previously, I stated: I believe this person possibly had this clothing, before, this came up. That they didn't buy it, just for this occasion.)

And if that is the case, I wonder, why did they have it?
(like it, collect it, use it for something)

Even if this person was a "gamer",
that doesn't necessarily mean that - it -, is even 'relevant' to this case.
(and might only apply to, the clothes they were wearing, that they "already" had in their closet.) (and which covers one's face/body)

(People have, 'interests', and 'hobbies', etc.)

(Surely, this person, does too.)

I guess I wasn't clear but the terms 'direct' and 'circumstantial' are legal terms of art not easily understood. DNA and a hair only prove that the person's DNA or hair was at the scene, not that the person committed the crime. One can infer that they were the murderer by proving the presence of their DNA or hair at the scene absent any reasonable explanation but as it requires an inference, it is circumstantial evidence.

Direct evidence: "Evidence , which if believed, proves the existence of fact in issue without inference or presumption." Black's Law Dictionary, citing State V McClure, Mo. App., 504 S.W. 2d 664, 668.

Indirect evidence: "Such evidence which only tens to establish the issue by proof of various facts sustaining by their consistency the hypothesis claimed. It consists of both inferences and presumptions." Black's citing Untied Textile Workers of America, et al.,D.C.S.C. 238 F. Supp. 366,372.

<modsnip>.

<modsnip>. Your "legal terms of art" are correct. However, it is not black and white as you try to portray.

There are instances where the same type of dna/hair/fingerprint found might be considered circumstantial in one case and direct evidence in another.

ie...man rapes wife...if his semen/dna is found inside of her, his hair on the bed, his fingerprint found at scene, these would all be considered circumstancial, as there are other conclusions/logical reasons these items could be there....

Now take a woman raped by random perp...a man that has never been in her residence, someone unknown to victim, and this random perps dna is found inside her, hair and fingerprints are found at victims residence, in this instance, it is direct evidence.

A quick, simpler explanation is if a piece of evidence can lead to a conclusion believed beyond a reasonable doubt, it is then considered direct evidence.

While the legal statements you cut and pasted from the first place you found on the Internet are generally true and factual, not every piece of evidence can be painted with the same brush. A piece considered circumstantial in one instance can be considered direct in another. Plenty of case law showing this.

<modsnip>

Just returned from a fishing trip on a privately owned fishing boat that is 65 feet long and sleeps 12. Unless someone had been given the boat's name, contact could be a problem for days unless the boat was equipped with a satellite phone or someone aboard had one and the number was known to the friends at home. Just saying.

People familiar with the Navy would call it a ship because only submarines are called boats in the Navy.

Charter companies have the ability to contact customers on their charters, including sending a boat out to their location. Charter employees also need to be able to reach management in case of emergencies and vise versa. Taking a fishing charter for a few days does not cut you off from all communication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220