TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
not being Snarky, I'm curious. Do you believe LE didn't fully investigate BB's alibi? Are you thinking he just went to Mississippi to have an alibi but didn't plan on going on a fishing charter?

Just a conversation :)

Yes I believe that LE checked out his alibi, but do you think they would have looked into the charter services to Chandeleur? Maybe down the road - I think LE would find it at least interesting.
I know things seem coincidental but there are things that just don't add up for me.
1)Time
2)Why didn't he sleep on the boat on Sunday night if they were leaving that early in the morning? It is a floating hotel and they allow you to sleep the day you get back and leave the next morning.
3) Where was he at when he contacted MB both times? (Was this to give him an alibi per his phone records)
4) Not buying his demeanor in interview - your wife - murdered - and you aren't even choked up. (I know everyone reacts differently - hogwash - you love someone there has got to be an emotion - his was cold - oddly nonchalant.)
BB is still not SP
5) Knows the license plate on the car he drove back in. Really - that's something you noticed - did he check at the rental agency to make sure he picked one with a MS license plate?
6) Can't say one of them due to rules.
7) In bad shape for months - has procedure - but is still going to go fishing for 2.5 days. Says thank you to friend who fixed hot tub so he could recuperate. Says in interview he is in poor health.

I know could all be coincidental - but there are questions - answers will eventually come, I just pray he didn't have anything to do with it, because it would be devastating to 3.

Just my thoughts :)

Just a note: Wonder what type of bucket list fishing trips he has taken the past 3 years and where were they located? Just curious.

Let us stop a rumor now and several have been posted today but not by you. :rumor:

CTs children were NOT at grandma's the night before the murder of Missy Bevers. That FB post of CTs was from a totally different time period and NOT from that weekend leading to the murder.

Oh, WannaB. My apologies; however, I must disagree. This SP was NOT vulnerable. SP is a highly dangerous, very cold and calculating, and an above average intelligent individual. Look at all of the intense planning and immense effort they went to not to get caught. Vulnerable people do not make good killers. Vulnerable people are usually the prey; not the psychopath who zeroes in on vulnerable, trusting, unsuspecting victims when they arrive for work. I refuse to show or share any empathy toward this vicious killer of this successful business woman with three young beloved daughters now left without their precious mother's tender care.

:cow:
Agree. And cold-blooded psychopaths can look like…likeTed Bundy. Whose soft smile and calm demeanor (while he killed 36+ young women) fooled every one. I suspect whomever SP is, they probably werein no way prepared for the aftermath of emotions after killing someone, almost with their bare hands. Unless this wasn’ttheir first rodeo (which I think the majority feel it was – i.e. not a probably not a professional hitman or serial killer).

We've been pretty explicitly told by the Midlothian Police Department that husband (In OR now from what I hear, right? Let's make sure we're on the same page) has been independently verified (or whatever the proper term is) to have been in CA at the time of the murder. Was Mrs. Perp verified? Don't know. Let's assume not since no mention was made of it. I'd think you'd do a two-fer-one when verifying but let's not assume anything. If LE can't even verify someone is three states away, they probably should be looking for another line of work. He probably irritated me as much as you with the smugness and games (bloody shirt). But let's get the right guy.

May I say at this point: I was claiming VT maybe a tall woman with approbiate shoe size 8 BUT later on I saw a pic of her. She was standing beside her granddaughters (2014? 2015? Christmas deco in background?) and had roughly their height (wearing flats no heels). If MB's 2 teenager daughters aren't abnormally large then VB isn't as well.
L**kedIn says VT is the owner of a wholesale BUT the connected shop where I saw the used high heels (assumed by me to be VT's perhaps) seems to be no wholesale.

Is it possible the SP is wearing lifts in the boots that look too big? Lifts might also add to the odd gait.

Just in case I wasn't clear, I think SP could very possibly be wearing lifts in their boots. I don't really think their splay foot gait is affected by the lifts, but possibly a little. But I think they truly have a splay foot gait. Heck, I couldn't walk that way without twisting a knee, if you know what I mean.
Them using lifts makes sense since to me, as it appears they've done everything ELSE in the book to alter their appearance. They completely covered their head and face, except the eyes (though they may be wearing colored contacts ); they could also be wearing makeup to change the color of their skin; they've altered their body shape / weight / size using padding, etc. Why not alter their height ? JMO

I’ve always considered alibi as a key element of ruling CT in or out of the candidate pool. I guess her four kids were at gramma’s? And we haven’t heard anything else. Except LE saying they are not finding a love triangle.
Height isn’t really relevant here. We’ve got LE starting with someone about 6 feet, Batbrat says he/she’s is 5’11 to 6’1 and LE (after bringing in experts and re-measuring says s/he is 5’2 to 5’7. So we’ve just about covered 75%+ of thespecies.
Just looking at photos (relative to other people) I’m going to say 5’4 to 5’6. Not short, not tall for a woman.
I did experience what several of you did, where it was kind of an epiphany experience(worked the pictures, worked the pictures, stared at them a while and had ana-ha where the photo momentarily became clear enough to draw that line) I’m usually a more analytic guy so having just that is troublesome to me.
One person mentioned from one angle, it seemed S\he was praying or crying. The word that came to me was vulnerability. Almost looked scared. All this of course is MOO.

Wait, someone thinks the SP appears to be praying or crying ? Vulnerable ? I don't remember noticing anything like that at all in the videos that have been made available. I know I'm behind though so could someone fill me in , what did I miss ? TIA

attachment.php

Perhaps. Or maybe in the SW corner of the auditorium.

Only the purple line would provide the SP with an exit route without being recorded on CCTV during his exit via the kitchen if his walk across the N hall from the sanctuary/auditorium to the exterior exit door was swift, due to the delay in the motion detection and the recording, correct?

P1 and P3 are where you suspect the attack possibly occurred but they are also where the doors open into the sanctuary/auditorium, correct? If MB was walking toward the SP who was located at P1, he could attack there and she'd be seen by arriving campers where her vehicle, which was a truck, was parked.

IMHO, it would from the sanctuary door, P1 on your schematic if, after the murder in the hallway alcove at P1, SP walked through the door of the sanctuary, then across to the North hall door and then across the North hallway to the exterior exit door quickly enough since the motion sensor would not kick in for a couple of seconds before recording but SP is gone by that time. SP exited the same way he came in.

You have been to the church. Where is the light switch plate that controls the lights for the hallway as Missy would not want her campers to enter into a dark hallway? Could it be located just inside the entrance door that she had just walked through on the interior wall? Or inside of the Sanctuary? The campers intended to work out inside the church. Did Missy have the opportunity to turn on the interior lights for them?

Thanks, Steve S, or anyone who can precisely nail these points with confidence.

attachment.php

MPD has said there was glass found around her body. There is no glass in the doors in the auditorium at that end of the building, all of them are solid.

I am wondering about the autopsy results and specifically about the impact angle of the murder weapon, especially if the murder weapon was possibly secured and identified.

-Nin
I am wondering about the autopsy results as well. I am of the opinion that the (instantly) fatal injury was caused by a projectile from a firearm so I expect a slightly downward angle. I am also of the opinion that neither the firearm nor the projectile it fired were found. And finally I am of the opinion that the tools used to inflict additional wounds and disguise the original were found at the scene and recovered.

These green eyes have a teensy bit of difficulty reading this glass areas on this diagram so would you please be so kind as to inform me where the glass areas would be in the SW corner?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-32&p=12692621#post12692621

attachment.php
There is glass in the door to room 4. There is glass in the double dutch doors in room S1 and in the second door to that room. There would be glass in the bathrooms. There is the vestibule that you see in the videos. There is a large amount of glass in the main entry on the west side. And room S2 has a glass wall with glass doors in it , rather than a regular wall - it would look much like the vestibule doors you have seen.

There is glass in the door to room 4. There is glass in the double dutch doors in room S1 and in the second door to that room. There would be glass in the bathrooms. There is the vestibule that you see in the videos. There is a large amount of glass in the main entry on the west side. And room S2 has a glass wall with glass doors in it , rather than a regular wall - it would look much like the vestibule doors you have seen.

I don't see how the government can track down terrorists that blows some things up or a unknown cop killer that kills a cop and then vanish.

But they can't find Missy's killer. Jmo.

If Missy was a cop. Or if her murderer was a terrorist.

Then this case would be solved by now. Jmo.

We really don't know how early AT left for his first CG camp that morning. I would imagine he left really early simply since it was his first official camp. Per Google maps the Creekside church is 24 minutes from their home. Kids could have been asleep,at grandma's or heck - they could have been left in the vehicle. CT would have had to leave their home by about 3:30am since the perp was first seen at the church 3:50am. And as far as neighbors, I truly doubt many of them would be up or notice anything at that time of the day. Edited to add...we don't really know if CT was at home the night of 4/17/16. I mean, if the kids were at grandma's - CT could have been out with a friend for a girls night out...

When you say first camp, do you mean first one that day? Or first one ever?

I've been thinking about that. The church had a service in the sanctuary Wed night. That's a really quick turnaround for the scene to be completely cleaned up, don't you think? They would have needed for LE to completely finish with everything in there - I know they "cleared the scene" at noon Monday but I wonder if that really means they were completely done?

I could be wrong, but my guess is that the murder scene was somewhere other than the auditorium, and that wherever the murder scene was, they would have had it cordoned off still. It just boggles my mind to think of a brutal and messy (assuming here) murder happening in a church auditorium on Monday and then two days later a crowd of people occupying not just that same room but the exact same spot.

When you say first camp, do you mean first one that day? Or first one ever?
I think it was going to be his first time leading a class solo. Before that he had been training to be a CG leader.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Let us stop a rumor now and several have been posted today but not by you. :rumor:

CTs children were NOT at grandma's the night before the murder of Missy Bevers. That FB post of CTs was from a totally different time period and NOT from that weekend leading to the murder.

Oh, WannaB. My apologies; however, I must disagree. This SP was NOT vulnerable. SP is a highly dangerous, very cold and calculating, and an above average intelligent individual. Look at all of the intense planning and immense effort they went to not to get caught. Vulnerable people do not make good killers. Vulnerable people are usually the prey; not the psychopath who zeroes in on vulnerable, trusting, unsuspecting victims when they arrive for work. I refuse to show or share any empathy toward this vicious killer of this successful business woman with three young beloved daughters now left without their precious mother's tender care.

:cow:

Agree. And cold-blooded psychopaths can look like…likeTed Bundy. Whose soft smile and calm demeanor (while he killed 36+ young women) fooled every one. I suspect whomever SP is, they probably werein no way prepared for the aftermath of emotions after killing someone, almost with their bare hands. Unless this wasn’ttheir first rodeo (which I think the majority feel it was – i.e. not a probably not a professional hitman or serial killer).

My opinion is that it is highly unlikely that this particular perp shares much in common with Ted Bundy, one of the most notorious serial killers of all time.

There is a tendency, I think, to assign almost superhuman intelligence, cunning and preparation to this killer. The theories get more and more elaborate, involving months of planning and multiple perps.

My own opinion, and in keeping with Occam's Razor where the simplest answer is usually the best one - one single perp, not particularly intelligent, only cunning enough to disguise identity and get away before someone got there, probably would've had his @#% kicked by MB if not for wearing protection and having some tools. I think the encounter happened in or just outside the bathroom. Very unfortunate timing for MB because the perp had made his way from one end of the building to the other and probably was using the restroom and then heading out now that the rain was finally coming to an end. I think if she had gotten to that church even 10 minutes later, she would have missed him.

I am wondering about the autopsy results as well. I am of the opinion that the (instantly) fatal injury was caused by a projectile from a firearm so I expect a slightly downward angle. I am also of the opinion that neither the firearm nor the projectile it fired were found. And finally I am of the opinion that the tools used to inflict additional wounds and disguise the original were found at the scene and recovered.

I'm curious to know specific reasons why you think a firearm is involved, because I know you're not a "wild rumor" kind of guy. Is it because of the documentation MPD provided in their refusal to disclose evidence? Is it because of the ATF being on site on Wednesday?

Thx for your response... Is it usually alarms that you can actually hear, or one that goes into the police station?

JMO, but usually silent, but varies by church and the bigger ones usually have more extensive setup. I don't know anything about setup of the church.

Is it possible the SP is wearing lifts in the boots that look too big? Lifts might also add to the odd gait.

That doesn't appear to be the case. Well, at least not a lift of significant size. In order for a shoe lift to add that much height, the instep of the foot would appear thick. There are several frames in the video that show a low heel and an average-thickness instep.

attachment.php

Attachments

• instep.jpg
    instep.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 459
MPD has said there was glass found around her body. There is no glass in the doors in the auditorium at that end of the building, all of them are solid.
Missy could have made her way to an area where glass was already broken.

Jethro4WS, I am curious why you think they would have used the tools after the firearm to disguise the original wound. I don't rule out a gun (although I don't currently believe one was used), but if a gun was used prior to tools, I see the tools still being used to act out personal rage. What would be the benefit to covering the gun wound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly