TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is an "out there" theory....but since we don't have much to go on, I might as well share something I don't think we've considered.

What if the perp intended to kill someone else? Who arrived at the church in the mornings....could one of them, or even some of them, had been the intended victim, either for personal reasons or for ideological reasons?

I'm thinking of the shooter in South Carolina who shot people at their evening Bible study. He didn't know any of them personally, but went there as a stranger, attended the study with the group IIRC, and then opened fire.

Maybe the Swat Perp meant to kill church people and was surprised by Missy and then got out of there when s/he realized he got the wrong person and more people were soon to arrive.

This scenario could explain why other agencies were brought in - they didn't know this wasn't a hate crime against religion, if there was a potential explosive on the premises, etc. And it explains why a suspect isn't obvious - it could be anyone, not limited to Missy's circle.

For what it's worth, I don't think this is what happened. My hunch still is with someone close to Missy, but....it's a new idea anyway.

jmo

Missy did have a handful common friends (at least on facebook) with the Office Manager of the church. It is possible that, while not necessarily friends, this wasn't strictly a business relationship. That they talked, were cordial and such. So it could be something like perhaps Missy brought a souvenir or gift of some sort from Austin for someone. Or maybe Missy arranged to put some CG stuff at the church (a closet or room) before she left for Austin so that set up for the class her first morning back would be easier after a long day the day before.

I believe that, the person seen on the surveillance camera video (perp) had been inside this church before.

(One possibility of who that might be is: a member of that church.)

``````
Police Comb Missy Bever's Social Media for Clues in Her Murder
sandrarose.com/.../police-comb-missy-bevers-social-media-for-clues-in-h...
Apr 21, 2016 -

She moved the class to
the church
because of inclement weather in Midlothian.

“If it's raining we're still training,”
she posted on Facebook on Sunday.

It was a Member here that made a FOIA request and the information from that, that was received, stated a firearm (the issue was that the serial number be excluded, if I recall correctly.). ATF is involved in this case. There had been speculation that the victim had been shot, yet unknown and not reported as such to date.
It could he the killer had a gun, or could be likely that the victim had a Carry Permit, and WHO would be privy to that. We know that she was 'ambushed' as that is the word used by LE early on, which to me, means a sneak attack and the victim likely suffered wounds initially to the back and side of the head initially, before... as we know through additional LE information to reporters, that she had suffered chest woulnds as well, perhaps while already down on the floor.
LE may have certain guns "in custody", so to speak, and need the projectile to identify the weapon. Just a possible scenario, you know. Remember, we still don't know COD. I personally believe that she was gunshot and mutilated postmortem.

My opinion is that it is highly unlikely that this particular perp shares much in common with Ted Bundy, one of the most notorious serial killers of all time.

There is a tendency, I think, to assign almost superhuman intelligence, cunning and preparation to this killer. The theories get more and more elaborate, involving months of planning and multiple perps.

My own opinion, and in keeping with Occam's Razor where the simplest answer is usually the best one - one single perp, not particularly intelligent, only cunning enough to disguise identity and get away before someone got there, probably would've had his @#% kicked by MB if not for wearing protection and having some tools. I think the encounter happened in or just outside the bathroom. Very unfortunate timing for MB because the perp had made his way from one end of the building to the other and probably was using the restroom and then heading out now that the rain was finally coming to an end. I think if she had gotten to that church even 10 minutes later, she would have missed him.
The Bundy analogywas in reference to the sweet innocent facade he and one of the POI’s have incommon (and also shows up in one of the enhanced screen shots). To limit the perp’s appearance to mean, crazyor demonic could lead to us missing a guilty party. Yes, they might not have much else in common.
Big fan ofOccam here. You are correct, we’ve probablybeen spinning too elaborate of a tale (idleness is the devil’s workshop,right?) But I’m so convinced that this is not a randomcrime, a B&E, that I will drink an entire glass of beet juice (and I hatebeet juice) if it was a wrong place/wrong time.

The Bundy analogywas in reference to the sweet innocent facade he and one of the POI’s have incommon (and also shows up in one of the enhanced screen shots). To limit the perp’s appearance to mean, crazyor demonic could lead to us missing a guilty party. Yes, they might not have much else in common.
Big fan ofOccam here. You are correct, we’ve probablybeen spinning too elaborate of a tale (idleness is the devil’s workshop,right?) But I’m so convinced that this is not a randomcrime, a B&E, that I will drink an entire glass of beet juice (and I hatebeet juice) if it was a wrong place/wrong time.

I may well turn out to be the wrong one; I'll gladly own up to it. But I will never drink beet juice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE may have certain guns "in custody", so to speak, and need the projectile to identify the weapon. Just a possible scenario, you know. Remember, we still don't know COD. I personally believe that she was gunshot and mutilated postmortem.

I also believe she may have been shot - though unsure about the mutilation afterward. (Gunshots to the head can be quite mutilating in and of themselves, depending on the type of ammunition used.) To me it's telling that, while "tools" were found at the murder scene, LE have avoided answering direct questions by reporters whether or not one of them was the murder weapon. With a murder this thoroughly thought out, I'm disinclined to think Swatperp left the murder weapon behind.

The other part of this...LE have also not released the autopsy report. The ATF dog going back to the church the day after the autopsy could well have been the result of a bullet being retrieved during autopsy. And if that bullet had markings on it which tied it to the barrel of one of those many missing guns from the Ellis County Sheriff's office, that would also explain the Texas Rangers and other feds coming onto the case in the days immediately after her murder. Texas Rangers' specialty is investigating LE corruption (which, in fact, they were already investigating, with those 2 sheriff's deputies arrested. One was arrested by LE the Friday before her murder, the other that next week.)

Some thoughts regarding the possible use of a gun:

1) Gun may have been first choice of weapon, yet may not have ended MB's life
2) Bullet may have missed MB, and therefore, tools were used to end MB's life
3) Bullet may have entered and exited MB, so tools were used
4) If bullet either "missed" or "exited" MB's body, LE's reference to "clean-up" might be about SP's recovery of the missed or exited bullet.

that's why I relooked at all my photos and reworked hundreds of screen captures because many of what I thought were eye pics (like Siamese cat eyes) - turned out to be shadows or screws or whatever on the nasal area of the face guard that the killer is wearing. I then did new screen captures above that nasal area and voila..there were the eyes. But, I don't believe any of my shots are clear enough to post here...I've posted some in the past and Websleuthers weren't able to make out the detail that I can see on my desktop computer. Trust me though...they resemble CT's eyes and even some of her expressions in photos of her I have seen.

Could you do the Altima's LP? You seem very talented with enhancing, and it seems like you could maybe use same technique you use on the eyes to get some LP details? Thanks!

I flip flop back and forth on the Altima. I wonder how often cars have pulled off the highway at the gun store late at night? Or during a storm? It was unusual enough that the gun store people thought someone was casing their store... And that was before they heard about the murder.

But SteveS here has made some good points leading away from involvement, such as how LE has done nothing but downplay it and only talks about it when someone asks about it. So I don't know.

CB, if you dump the altima theory as being part of crime, does that mean you're also dumping your belief that the perp originally planned to rob swfa?
If you dump the original plan to rob swfa, does that mean you now believe the church WAS the original plan to hit?

CB, if you dump the altima theory as being part of crime, does that mean you're also dumping your belief that the perp originally planned to rob swfa?
If you dump the original plan to rob swfa, does that mean you now believe the church WAS the original plan to hit?

Uhhhh... Crap. That does complicate matters. I gotta think, and thinking is hard.

If the church was a planned B&E, then why the outfit?
The perp definitely dressed up for protection. So if Missy wasn't the target, would he just dress up in case he 'ran into' someone..anyone? With many people carryin these days, would he want to protect himself. But then again, the outfit/hammer against a gun?! Unless he did carry.
Mystery.

I agree with B&E gone bad. The suspect's calmness seems to indicate he thinks he's got another hour of looking around before he has to get out of there. If it was a really well planned murder by a suspect aware of the security cameras, why wouldn't (s)he bring a can of spray paint to disable the cameras? Some criminals have dumb luck.

Entirely possible. But what I believe is that the perpetrators went to great lengths to throw virtual marbles on the ground in order to deflect and confuse, hence the scattered theories. I know it doesn't jibe with 'the simple answer is the best answer', but I truly believe the perpetrators have planted numerous false flags so to speak to get us looking in many different directions. And one of the directions is this exactly, the demeanor of the perp. I believe he did a lot of acting knowing he was on camera. He was playing a part, costume and all. It's possible.

Agree with bolded statement. The structure of the building is actually a central building housing the auditorium and a few interior rooms on the back side of the stage. The rest of the building -- classrooms, offices, bathrooms, kitchen, and corridors -- are housed in what's considered a lean-to structure.

When asked about the glass the killer is seen breaking at the end of the video, Johnson states that it's a door to one of the interior rooms. We know from the layout that it's a room on the back side of the stage.

So it's quite possible that by specifying the SW corner of the interior of the building, they are referring to the auditorium.

Yet...that particular door where SP is breaking glass is at the northeast interior of the building. :o It was the glass in the door across the hallway from Rm 12, also at the northeast part of the building. (I believe it's labeled Rm 10 in Jethro4WS's diagram upthread.)

We don't know SPECIFIC cause of death as LE is not releasing the Medical Examiners Autopsy Report, but the fact that they have stated and released that the victim had suffered puncture wounds to head and chest, means she would have died from those injuries inandof itself, IMO.

We don't know SPECIFIC cause of death as LE is not releasing the Medical Examiners Autopsy Report, but the fact that they have stated and released that the victim had suffered puncture wounds to head and chest, means she would have died from those injuries inandof itself, IMO.

Yes it's been said she died from those wounds (I think in a search warrant). What the issue is, without the autopsy report we don't know what specific sort of puncture wounds they were. (This was discussed in depth several threads back.) In an official autopsy report it might read "gunshot" wounds (vs. knife or hammer or whatever). But unofficially all we've been told is "puncture wounds"--which terminology can, as a poster in the medical field posted earlier, technically also be used when describing gunshot wounds. (Though not on the autopsy report, of course.)

I think LE phrased that description of her wounds vey carefully (right down to "consistent with the tools the suspect carried"), avoiding explicit reference so as not to get called on things later--but also to keep it under wraps (for the integrity of the investigation) that a firearm was involved. Quite possibly one of the stolen/sold ones that are still unaccounted for.

JMO, IMO...

Yet...that particular door where SP is breaking glass is at the northeast interior of the building. :o It was the glass in the door across the hallway from Rm 12, also at the northeast part of the building. (I believe it's labeled Rm 10 in Jethro4WS's diagram upthread.)

IIRC, there were photos of repairs being made to exterior doors, as well as some repairs inside the church. If those photos of internal repairs were in SW corner of the building, they could shed some light on what glass Missy was found near. I tried to find those photos, but not successful...yet. I'll keep looking. If anyone else has access to those photos, your assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If the church was a planned B&E, then why the outfit?
The perp definitely dressed up for protection. So if Missy wasn't the target, would he just dress up in case he 'ran into' someone..anyone? With many people carryin these days, would he want to protect himself. But then again, the outfit/hammer against a gun?! Unless he did carry.
Mystery.

IMHO, the outfit serves more purposes than just protection from physical attack. It completely disguises gender. It keeps the perp's DNA well-contained. And it looks like it would keep the perp pretty dry on a rainy night (though he might have worn it anyway, for the other reasons).

As far as the gun, I'd really like others to go back and watch the 4/18 presser again. Capt. Spann is asked if it can be determined from the video if the perp was armed. Spann is either really savvy, or there was no gun IMHO.

I agree with B&E gone bad. The suspect's calmness seems to indicate he thinks he's got another hour of looking around before he has to get out of there. If it was a really well planned murder by a suspect aware of the security cameras, why wouldn't (s)he bring a can of spray paint to disable the cameras? Some criminals have dumb luck.
I think it was a planned murder. There's a back exit, when you hear her come in, just run out the back if this was an interrupted burglary. No need to kill her if she saw you either, since you're wearing a disguise.
Plus, the investigators stated it was a premeditated attack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sorry, but the elaborate get-up just doesn't fit with b & e. The person that we see in this little vignette isn't even looking for anything-she's just wandering around like she's waiting for new tires to be put on her car. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap