TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm still leaning toward a planned murder. Too many other things - using an early rainy morning, SWAT disguise, outside cameras not working - make me think it was planned. (I haven't ruled out a B&E, I just believe it is least likely.) The use of a hammer just makes this unusual.

I am too..

Why is everyone talking about what door / entrance the perp came and left through ?Do you think it will help I.d. the person or give some other pertinent info ?

RBBM

LOL your post made me bust out laughing. 😂

No offense to anyone!

jmo 🐮

It seems, according to this http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-archives/tamara-jolee-metcalfe-marc-klaas-radio-archive-may-2016, that MB had keys to the FRONT doors of the church-the West side...the statement about Missy's keys occurs at 16:43

You would be wise to ignore her. It turned out that the "expert" in that podcast didn't know as much as the people at WS. This is just another example, and any "added info" from her words has proven to be a mistake in her remembering and/or interpreting what has been shared by LE, not a revelation of new info that only she knew.

MB entered via the SW corner doors, not the W side (front) entrance. And who knows if there were even actual keys? Maybe it was entry by a code or a swipe card, and not keys at all.

Why is everyone talking about what door / entrance the perp came and left through ? Do you think it will help I.d. the person or give some other pertinent info ?

All of the details about the suspect's activities at the church before and after the murder can help to determine motive. Anyone not interested in that discussion is free to scroll past those posts.

To my knowledge, the allegation of a cleanup was reported by one media outlet and had not been confirmed. If there was some cleanup, we don't know what was meant by that term. My guess would be that the killer removed some or all of his police garb before departing the building to avoid transferring blood and other trace evidence to his vehicle. In other words, he cleaned up himself not the crime scene.

This may explain how police knew he left the way he entered through the kitchen door. There may have been blood transfer stains in the kitchen where he changed.

I think that this is a bad misinterpretation, the idea that the killer cleaned up anything. At all. The killer would have left in a big hurry. The cleanup, if there was any, would have been done perhaps by campers. And I'm not convinced there was any.

To my knowledge, the allegation of a cleanup was reported by one media outlet and had not been confirmed. If there was some cleanup, we don't know what was meant by that term. My guess would be that the killer removed some or all of his police garb before departing the building to avoid transferring blood and other trace evidence to his vehicle. In other words, he cleaned up himself not the crime scene.

This may explain how police knew he left the way he entered through the kitchen door. There may have been blood transfer stains in the kitchen where he changed.

RBBM

Scout, Could you please provide a link for this?

Thanks

jmo 🐮

In Texas, someone walking along the highway in a raincoat at 4:30ish in the morning would raise suspicions.
I'm going under the assumption they drove there and out. LE even mentions their car, they just can't see it well enough to identify. Of all the things I don't know, I feel pretty confident they came and went in a car. Or at least I'd be surprised if they didn't.

All of the details about the suspect's activities at the church before and after the murder can help to determine motive. Anyone not interested in that discussion is free to scroll past those posts.
Actually what you don't all know is that they're planning an interactive crime-solving museum where you down load an app and run around the property trying to find clues that help you re-construct the morning's events. A cross between the Dallas Sixth Floor Museum and Pokémon Go.
Any one want to go on Shark Tank with me?

Actually what you don't all know is that they're planning an interactive crime-solving museum where you down load an app and run around the property trying to find clues that help you re-construct the morning's events. A cross between the Dallas Sixth Floor Museum and Pokémon Go.
Any one want to go on Shark Tank with me?

I can't see how a raincoat would be effective in preventing blood transfer from the killer's clothing to his car interior.

Is there a limit on how long the remaining search warrant affidavits can be kept sealed?

I'm not aware that there are remaining SW affidavits out there. The FB ones were the last ones, and we didn't know about their sealed existence until after they were released. Why do you think there are more?

But to answer the general question, they are initially sealed for 30 days, and then you can get a 30-day extension. It's probably always 30-day increments.

The probable cause affidavit from the Facebook warrants was not included in their release.

Wow. Right you are. I had looked at those documents a number of times and had not caught that "Exhibit A" - the Probable Cause Affidavit - was not released with the rest of the docs.

And by the way, here are the specifics from the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure dealing with the sealing of search warrant affidavits. Basically, you can seal it for 30 days, and then you can get one 30-day extension. That's it. And then it has to be unsealed, which is what happened with the Facebook SW affidavits.

[FONT=&amp]Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](d) An order issued under this section may not:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Added by Acts 2007, 80th Leg., R.S., Ch. 355 (S.B. 244), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2007.[/FONT]

I agree with Scout- at a Police news pressor, he said the SP spent a lot of time in kitchen - and they did tcleanup

I can't see how a raincoat would be effective in preventing blood transfer from the killer's clothing to his car interior.
This is trickier than meets the eye. I'm assuming there's not large masses of blood (or they stepped into the BR and took the excess off) Luminal is very sensitive. But LEO's don't have the car yet as far as we know (it could have faulty plates, chopped up, who knows.) Taking clothing off though seems to me to be a greater risk. Epithelials, etc.

I agree with Scout- at a Police news pressor, he said the SP spent a lot of time in kitchen - and they did cleanup

Which one? We have links to videos of all of them so I'd like to see what exactly they said. I must have missed it. (The daily mail article is just someone writing from afar, using local media as their source, so not first or second hand info.)

Regardless of your theory, PD does not allow known killers to roam the streets, if I fact they know who it it. For purposes of catching accomplices or otherwise. This is just not how it works. Can you imagine the liability if PD knew and had cause to arrest a killer, but didn't, and they killed again. I have it on good authority, that it's just not the case. Maybe I the movies.

Agree. Johnson mentioned that killer may have made attempt to clean up. Not going back to look up link, but if you go back to the initial thread, it's in there and numerous other times thereafter.

Agree. Johnson mentioned that killer may have made attempt to clean up. Not going back to look up link, but if you go back to the initial thread, it's in there and numerous other times thereafter.

Chuck, please use Reply With Quote instead of just replying to the thread. Otherwise we have no idea what you are responding to. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with Scout- at a Police news pressor, he said the SP spent a lot of time in kitchen - and they did tcleanup

I believe it is correct that LE said the perp spent a lot of time in the kitchen, but I believe the "clean up" info came from one media article - the Daily Mail if I recall correctly - and was not actually verified by LE. It was one of those "a source close to the investigation says" things.

Regardless of your theory, PD does not allow known killers to roam the streets, if I fact they know who it it. For purposes of catching accomplices or otherwise. This is just not how it works. Can you imagine the liability if PD knew and had cause to arrest a killer, but didn't, and they killed again. I have it on good authority, that it's just not the case. Maybe I the movies.

It happened with The Green River Killer they were pretty positive it was Gary Ridgeway but they didn't have concrete evidence connecting them to the crimes. It took time and many died in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale