TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

I agree. I think that there are some layers between MB and SP that LE is currently investigating. LE likely has a good idea of the players, but they need solid evidence to bring the case before a grand jury.

On a completely unrelated note, I was surprised to see a few other posters mentioned the Dan Markel case earlier today. I think that the DM case will share quite a few parallels to the MB case when all facts come to light. Reading about DM gave me some new thoughts and insight on the events in the MB case. Only time will tell.

ETA - Is there a way to get in touch with a person who needs to make room in his/her inbox?
I guess I need to go find out what the Dan Markel case is all about...

Has anyone heard the scanner activity from the day of the murder? I know there is a site that archives that stuff, but I am not paying member of the site. Would be curious to know what the 911calls stated.

RBBM

I agree. I think that there are some layers between MB and SP that LE is currently investigating. LE likely has a good idea of the players, but they need solid evidence to bring the case before a grand jury.

On a completely unrelated note, I was surprised to see a few other posters mentioned the Dan Markel case earlier today. I think that the DM case will share quite a few parallels to the MB case when all facts come to light. Reading about DM gave me some new thoughts and insight on the events in the MB case. Only time will tell.

I read a quick wiki about this case. It appears the hit man has been arrested but the hiring individual has not? Is it assumed to be the ex wife, or her family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are allowed to draw inferences from the facts, such as stating a belief that the killer may have recorded the murder. That's not the same thing as misrepresenting the facts. They stated outright that neither the victim nor the suspect is seen again on video after Missy is seen approach the suspect's location.
that makes sense to me in that the cops may just be trying to gather all electronic data without running into any roadblocks.

Maybe out there a bit.......but i wonder if this was one of her lover's scorned wife that had him do this to make it up to her and never feel threatened by Missy again!

thank you for asking this. also, i really would love to hear theory/comment as to why there was an attempt at cleanup at the scene.

Wondering the same thing.. Makes sense though.. no matter HOW SP got away, by car, boat or train, you KNOW their hands (gloves would have been messy (sorry..) So if they opened a car door or ?, it would leave dna on the handle or door, seat.. SOMEWHERE. Maybe SP used the bath sink and paper towels to rinse wipe their gloves real quick.

Is there a limit on how long the remaining search warrant affidavits can be kept sealed?

I'm not aware that there are remaining SW affidavits out there. The FB ones were the last ones, and we didn't know about their sealed existence until after they were released. Why do you think there are more?

But to answer the general question, they are initially sealed for 30 days, and then you can get a 30-day extension. It's probably always 30-day increments.

thank you for asking this. also, i really would love to hear theory/comment as to why there was an attempt at cleanup at the scene.

To my knowledge, the allegation of a cleanup was reported by one media outlet and had not been confirmed. If there was some cleanup, we don't know what was meant by that term. My guess would be that the killer removed some or all of his police garb before departing the building to avoid transferring blood and other trace evidence to his vehicle. In other words, he cleaned up himself not the crime scene.

This may explain how police knew he left the way he entered through the kitchen door. There may have been blood transfer stains in the kitchen where he changed.

I'm not aware that there are remaining SW affidavits out there. The FB ones were the last ones, and we didn't know about their sealed existence until after they were released. Why do you think there are more?

But to answer the general question, they are initially sealed for 30 days, and then you can get a 30-day extension. It's probably always 30-day increments.

The probable cause affidavit from the Facebook warrants was not included in their release.

Wondering the same thing.. Makes sense though.. no matter HOW SP got away, by car, boat or train, you KNOW their hands (gloves would have been messy (sorry..) So if they opened a car door or ?, it would leave dna on the handle or door, seat.. SOMEWHERE. Maybe SP used the bath sink and paper towels to rinse wipe their gloves real quick.
yes, but...any attempt at a blood cleanup would only transfer more dna on gloves, towels, or anything else. it just seems to make more sense to stay as far away from any murder scene "detritus" as you can. so, to back off and get the hell outta Dodge would make sense.

Are you thinking hammer would be B&E then?

No, I'm still leaning toward a planned murder. Too many other things - using an early rainy morning, SWAT disguise, outside cameras not working - make me think it was planned. (I haven't ruled out a B&E, I just believe it is least likely.) The use of a hammer just makes this unusual.

yes, but...any attempt at a blood cleanup would only transfer more dna on gloves, towels, or anything else. it just seems to make more sense to stay as far away from any murder scene "detritus" as you can. so, to back off and get the hell outta Dodge would make sense.
When I first thought about the recessional; This guy is a planner. I think I'd throw a raincoat or similar garb on my route back and just totally cover. It seems any removal of clothing would entail some risk. Cover. Keep the car, etc all clean till you can safely get to somewhere where you can take your time and disrobe carefully. Wouldn't really raise suspicions on the highway (esp on a rainy morning) wearing a raincoat.

Why is everyone talking about what door / entrance the perp came and left through ? Do you think it will help I.d. the person or give some other pertinent info ?
I know, I am so sick of the DOORS, who cares which way they came in!!

When I first thought about the recessional; This guy is a planner. I think I'd throw a raincoat or similar garb on my route back and just totally cover. It seems any removal of clothing would entail some risk. Cover. Keep the car, etc all clean till you can safely get to somewhere where you can take your time and disrobe carefully. Wouldn't really raise suspicions on the highway (esp on a rainy morning) wearing a raincoat.

In Texas, someone walking along the highway in a raincoat at 4:30ish in the morning would raise suspicions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member