TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at the pic of the cars beneath the Porte cochere and had some thoughts about the early arriving camper, "camper#1". There are 2 vehicles underneath the awning, Missy's truck and a white SUV. Both are obviously part of the crime scene as you can tell by the police tape. The white vehicle has the hatch raised and the passenger door open, as if they too were unloading for the class. I also saw a pic in an earlier thread that shows what could possibly be fitness equipment lined up against the wall. A lot of comments were made that this was possibly Missy's equipment but during Wedneday's? presser, said Missy "immediately" went into the building. So I'm thinking that maybe camper #1 was meant to arrive early, at 4:35 bc this person could have been a helper with her own equipment to unload and that she was busy unloading the equipment we see lined up against the wall and that's why she didn't go in until the other campers arrived. IMO.
I wonder if one of the campers did arrive early and went on inside to ' wait' for Missy. Then Missy pulls up , sees a familiar car of one of her campers and goes on inside. I wonder if anyone else in camp had a key .

ETA I think this was posted many pages ago or something similar. Surely if it was anyone that close to the scene, like a camper, LE would have snared them by now.

I just got a chance to rewatch the surveillance video in more detail/more closely. I have a few questions and statements regarding it.

1) I find it very odd that the perp casually walks around, looks into rooms, basically spends a lot of time on the surveillance camera. Typically when a perp knows that cameras are recording it is the opposite - they either try to do something to disable or disarm the camera, or they don't worry about it and get in and out in the shortest amount of time. So, does this mean that the perp isn't aware of the cameras? Maybe the perp doesn't, in fact, have as much knowledge of the church as I originally thought. I just find it eery that he/she is pacing around, reading the bulletin board, going and out of rooms, basically just "hanging out" waiting for MB..if he/she knew they were on camera the entire time why act so casual and why spend so much time on camera?

It is not possible to disable security cameras. If it was, security systems would be pointless. There would be dozens of cameras embedded into the ceiling. It would take a stepladder and many hours, maybe days to disable them all, and all it would accomplish would be for the camera to record a lot of really good closeups of the suspects face.

The suspect didn’t care about the cameras, because he was wearing a disguise.

Morning all. Has anyone got a transcript of the radio show last night? Anything of particular interest going on?

I was just looking at the pic of the cars beneath the Porte cochere and had some thoughts about the early arriving camper, "camper#1". There are 2 vehicles underneath the awning, Missy's truck and a white SUV. Both are obviously part of the crime scene as you can tell by the police tape. The white vehicle has the hatch raised and the passenger door open, as if they too were unloading for the class. I also saw a pic in an earlier thread that shows what could possibly be fitness equipment lined up against the wall. A lot of comments were made that this was possibly Missy's equipment but during Wedneday's? presser, said Missy "immediately" went into the building. So I'm thinking that maybe camper #1 was meant to arrive early, at 4:35 bc this person could have been a helper with her own equipment to unload and that she was busy unloading the equipment we see lined up against the wall and that's why she didn't go in until the other campers arrived. IMO.

I'm pretty sure that's a police vehicle. They wouldn't have tied the crime scene tape to it if it was part of the crime scene.

It is not possible to disable security cameras. If it was, security systems would be pointless. There would be dozens of cameras embedded into the ceiling. It would take a stepladder and many hours, maybe days to disable them all, and all it would accomplish would be for the camera to record a lot of really good closeups of the suspects face.

Spray paint ! Now I wonder if that could have happened to the outside cameras.

Outside cameras probably up high. Too high to reach to spray paint IMO.

I agree. I think the perp knew where the outside security cameras would be ahead of time, and planned this around that (what door to enter/exit, where to park, etc.) to avoid the cameras. The question is..did he/she not know there were cameras inside, or did he/she know and just not care?

Spray paint ! Now I wonder if that could have happened to the outside cameras.

Again, all that would accomplish is for the camera to get a really good close up of the suspect while he is spray painting.

Not that it would make any difference, since this person had on a disguise anyway.

I agree. I think the perp knew where the outside security cameras would be ahead of time, and planned this around that (what door to enter/exit, where to park, etc.) to avoid the cameras. The question is..did he/she not know there were cameras inside, or did he/she know and just not care?
I think the outside cams were not working for whatever reason. As for the inside ones, I think it was all just for show to make police think a robbery gone bad and not a "hit". IMO

I'm not so sure that the suspect knew there were cameras inside the church until it was too late (he/she was already captured on them). I think if they would have known beforehand, disguise or not, that they wouldn't have spent so much time on them. Each second they were captured on camera can provide LE with more potential clues, leads, etc.

I think the outside cams were not working for whatever reason. As for the inside ones, I think it was all just for show to make police think a robbery gone bad and not a "hit". IMO

That's a good point. I thought I read early on that the suspect parked out of view of the outdoor cameras. I just assumed the cameras would have been working in order for LE to know that. However, if they weren't working at all then that disregards my entire point about security cameras so never mind. :)

Do we know if anything was missing from Missy? Cell phone, wedding ring, cash, cards, wallet? That, IMO, would say "robbery gone bad" (even if robbery wasn't the motive, it would look like it was if something was missing).

Yes, according to my husband (years of experience and education in construction science). I was showing him the damage pictures because I had only shown him the surveillance footage. He looked at that particular picture and said "Okay, that's the kitchen....." and I was like "How do you know that?" and he said that it has to be because of the "grease trap access tops outside the window". I will wait on confirmation of that from JHarlin or someone else but he seems absolutely sure that this window is to the kitchen. FWIW.

Will self alert because unsure of this but since it is the Victim FB, and her post I THINK it allowed....

So the CG camp at the Creekside Church has only been going on there since Sept 2015 (7 months) Per MB post:

Missy Bevers
September 9, 2015 · Waxahachie, TX ·
We have started a new camp at our new location, Creekside Church of Christ! All church members and staff of Creekside get a FREE 4 week camp! Contact me for details! Not a Creekside member, but you are ready to try Camp Gladiator, sign up at campgladiator.com and use the discount code: Midlothianspecial for a $39 4 week camp!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1608652606060517/?active_tab=posts

AUG
CAMP GLADIATOR MIDLOTHIAN NEW CAMP PRE-VIEW WEEK
InterestedGoing

Public · Hosted by Missy Bevers
IT'S TIME TO ADD MORE CG WORKOUTS TO MIDLOTHIAN!

PRE-VIEW WEEK for my new camp location at Creekside Church of Christ of Midlothian for a Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5:00am PRE-VIEW CAMP WILL BE ON Monday, Wednesday, and Friday week of August 31st - September 4th!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1608652606060517/?active_tab=posts

Great information about when the camps started at Creekside! Arkansasmimi, I hope it's okay but I took a couple of screenshots of your post about the hallways and doors (the one you posted last night) for my husband and I to look at together later (our eyes only, not to be shared anywhere else). I talked to him last night and gave him all of the updates. We watched the footage for the millionth time, looked at the pictures you've posted of the church and he is really good at pointing out how things are set up (it's the construction science thing that I don't have).

I admit, I am having a difficult time following you on where things are so I am not going to be a very big help in that area. However, I will see if I can get a sense of what you are talking about by going over your posts again today. I know you've done so much work to try to give us a picture of how this church is set up. I sure wish I was able to offer something to help you! ;)

I think there is a sign in the parking lot that says premise covered with security cameras.

That's a good point. I thought I read early on that the suspect parked out of view of the outdoor cameras. I just assumed the cameras would have been working in order for LE to know that. However, if they weren't working at all then that disregards my entire point about security cameras so never mind. :)

Do we know if anything was missing from Missy? Cell phone, wedding ring, cash, cards, wallet? That, IMO, would say "robbery gone bad" (even if robbery wasn't the motive, it would look like it was if something was missing).

One of the inside cameras captured an image that was hard to see what type of car it was.....reflection from the window

I don't know if you listened to Tricia's show last night but the guest, Mr. Brooks, said that the gun store "across the street" (it's actually just down the street) captured Missy's truck so this MAY be where the grainy footage of the perp's car came from (I tend to think it was from an inside camera though.) I am just not sure...

I heard somewhere that Missy's wedding rings were still on and that nothing was taken. Not sure if that was rumor or not. Does anyone else have confirmation of that?

LE already stated that the outside cameras were not working that night

I get they were not working.I'm just wondering when and how they became 'not working' . kwim. I'm speculating/ grasping since there is little else to do at this point. Also, wondering if they had a service person come recently to address the outside cameras.

I don't know if you listened to Tricia's show last night but the guest, Mr. Brooks, said that the gun store "across the street" (it's actually just down the street) captured Missy's truck so this MAY be where the grainy footage of the perp's car came from (I tend to think it was from an inside camera though.) I am just not sure...

I heard somewhere that Missy's wedding rings were still on and that nothing was taken. Not sure if that was rumor or not. Does anyone else have confirmation of that?

I don't have confirmation but (trying to stay within rules) I saw someone's FB picture of jewelry with her ring AFTER the murder so I'm assuming it was not taken....it looks like a wedding ring to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member