TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How reliable is that statement, though? To me, that statement by Mr. Garcia seems less than credible b/c of the fact that he assumes things he cannot possibly know. He said that she seemed reserved, as though "someone was after her." That's quite a leap of logic. If someone close to me were being quieter than usual, I might think they were 1) sick; 2) tired or overworked; 3) had personal problems - maybe a fight with a spouse, problems at work, etc. I would NOT say to myself, gee, John is awfully quiet lately; he must have someone going after him. Sorry, but that's just a very bizarre thing to assume.
Ppl are different with others. You and i might act different than she did. As I said before all the fine print related to this is only known to LE. When you train, especially with your trainer, its a tight bond. I have a sister brother relationship with my trainer and he can read me by the book. What might work for others, might not work for us to see

Great article just sad.

And her church home was Cowboy church. Her oldest daughter is 15. I couldn't listen to any more just makes me sick someone is sitting out there while these girls will no longer have good night kisses from their mom. No mom there for their first break up. No mom there for their wedding day. No mom there to hold a grand baby. Just heartbreaking.

I know. :( It IS very heartbreaking. What I do when it gets tough (which is every time I follow a case this closely) is just focus on the justice aspect. Keep searching and sleuthing so the family knows that we are all here doing what we can do to find answers. It is the one thing that we can all do for Missy's girls.

Hang in there JHarlin! You were a total rockstar today btw!!

I read Missy's facebook in the very beginning before it was scrubbed. I never saw a post that said the class would be moved inside. Did anyone catch a screen shot of it? Please don't post it here, TOS, but could you please paraphrase what she said? Not what you've read or heard about it, but what it actually said. Thanks!!

FB post by Missy on the night before (17 April) and since removed - in relation to the venue:

"If it is raining we will have the class under cover of the awning." ... note this is paraphrased by me from memory when I saw the post on the FB account. There definately was NO notification on the FB page about going inside the building. What happened or came up later was not associated with the CG Midlothian page. Please consider this as IMO.

I made a note of something to ask you guys about from the show. Did anyone notice that Mr. Brooks said that the "gun dealer across the street from the church" is where the camera was that captured Missy's truck pulling into the church parking lot?

The first thing I thought of was.....well dang! Did it happen to get the car before that pulling in as well?

Honestly, first I'd heard that this is how LE knew when Missy arrived that morning.

FB post by Missy on the night before (17 April) and since removed - in relation to the venue:

"If it is raining we will have the class under cover of the awning." ... note this is paraphrased by me from memory when I saw the post on the FB account. There definately was NO notification on the FB page about going inside the building. What happened or came up later was not associated with the CG Midlothian page. Please consider this as IMO.

Is it possible (and I don't know because I never saw any post from Missy directly, just screenshots) that she made the post about going inside the church on her Gladiators FB page?

ETA: Or is that what you meant about what came up later not being associated with CG Midlothian page?

Austin is a three hour drive from the DFW area. It's possible to travel to and from in one day but I would be a long day.

I made a note of something to ask you guys about from the show. Did anyone notice that Mr. Brooks said that the "gun dealer across the street from the church" is where the camera was that captured Missy's truck pulling into the church parking lot?

The first thing I thought of was.....well dang! Did it happen to get the car before that pulling in as well?

Honestly, first I'd heard that this is how LE knew when Missy arrived that morning.

The gun dealer looks to be a place where tactical gear might be sold. Google search is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only place I have seen stating the class was to meet inside was LE, I think from the first press release. Many posts back i also saw a poster here who has attended class who said she had a key.

Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Just curious. The single door in the back that had the lock that you could only
open with a key: did the perp break the small window, reach in and try to open the door only to find he couldn't. Is that when he/ she knocked the entire door knob off?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatal
I don't think we - the public - know that, but I do think given all the effort on that door that is probably how the perp got in. However, we know there was multiple break-in actions by the perp in different areas in the back (3 locations). The multiple locations are why I speculate that one of them may have been a test break just to see what, if anything, happened with LE in response. This shows all three break-in locations, which the perp for instance could have entered by the large window, which I think that window for a time was reported as the entrance by some reporters:
[video=twitter;722427836607234048]https://twitter.com/JennyAFox4/status/722427836607234048[/video]
Those 2 doors were on the back of the building... Teen area terri missy bevers creekside rear of building steps.jpg

Terri Missy Bevers church boarded doors I lock and footprints circled.JPG

Terri Missy Bevers back of church .jpg

terri missy bevers creekside signage.JPG

Good night all praying for good news tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Respectfully Snipped...

Arkansasmimi, I just had my husband look at the photos you posted. In the post above that you quoted from SpanishInquisition (photos from Twitter), husband says that the one window on the side that is boarded up has to be the kitchen because the brown things in front of it on the ground are "grease trap access tops". According to him, no doubt that is the kitchen!

I'd like help developing a theme. It's about the perp's boots. I believe they are at least 3 times too big, and that is a large part (but not all) of what accounts for the oddball gait. They've been described as 'combat boots,' and I tend to agree, although we don't know for sure. Since the perp is so careful about concealing their identity and leaving no evidence, it makes sense that s/he would never wear his/her own boots that morning. For those reasons, he'd never buy them brand new (expense, receipts, cameras), these are a one-time-use thing. *Bear with me* I Googled and found half a dozen stores in the area (using zip code 76065) under "Army Surplus." Under "Military Surplus" there were even more - at least 10. There are also at least a dozen thrift stores in the general vacinity - a good place to drop the boots when you're done (after they've been cleaned up). Charitable or low-end thrift stores may lack camera surveillance, etc. There are even large recepticles that accept clothing for the needy - often in large parking lots, I'm sure you've seen them. What better way to dispose of the boots? Thoughts?

The gun dealer looks to be a place where tactical gear might be sold. Google search is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it is. Thank you for the tip! ;)

If it's the gun store that Mr. Brooks was talking about, it isn't across the street but just down the street. If looking at the church, it's down 287 to the right on the other side of the highway...maybe .5 mile?

Is this the same store you were looking at? I see they do sell tactical gear.

I was just looking at the pic of the cars beneath the Porte cochere and had some thoughts about the early arriving camper, "camper#1". There are 2 vehicles underneath the awning, Missy's truck and a white SUV. Both are obviously part of the crime scene as you can tell by the police tape. The white vehicle has the hatch raised and the passenger door open, as if they too were unloading for the class. I also saw a pic in an earlier thread that shows what could possibly be fitness equipment lined up against the wall. A lot of comments were made that this was possibly Missy's equipment but during Wedneday's? presser, said Missy "immediately" went into the building. So I'm thinking that maybe camper #1 was meant to arrive early, at 4:35 bc this person could have been a helper with her own equipment to unload and that she was busy unloading the equipment we see lined up against the wall and that's why she didn't go in until the other campers arrived. IMO.

Random thoughts

JMHO, I think the area that the CG group worked out on norm was in the parking lot on the side where Awning (covered area) is located. As seen in the post from classes there. Pictues were made near the building with handicapped parking area. This appears to either be in the back or side of the building. *** this is the opposite side of the building as the 3 areas with broken glass/door damage.

JMHO, the reason MB truck was under the Awning Covered area is because of going to work out inside.

Per MB fb she had just gotten her new truck last fall.

Where is the Holy Ground coffee are at ? is it in a main hallway? Where is the Bulletin board located? which hallway? This is the area where the Perp was first caught on camera 358am

I was just looking at the pic of the cars beneath the Porte cochere and had some thoughts about the early arriving camper, "camper#1". There are 2 vehicles underneath the awning, Missy's truck and a white SUV. Both are obviously part of the crime scene as you can tell by the police tape. The white vehicle has the hatch raised and the passenger door open, as if they too were unloading for the class. I also saw a pic in an earlier thread that shows what could possibly be fitness equipment lined up against the wall. A lot of comments were made that this was possibly Missy's equipment but during Wedneday's? presser, said Missy "immediately" went into the building. So I'm thinking that maybe camper #1 was meant to arrive early, at 4:35 bc this person could have been a helper with her own equipment to unload and that she was busy unloading the equipment we see lined up against the wall and that's why she didn't go in until the other campers arrived. IMO.
You make a good point. I had thought the white SUV was police and the equipment unloaded against the wall was either investigative equipment put there by LE or even it looks somewhat like cleaning equipment which would be necessary after someone is deceased. I remember someone posted that on her FB she had mentioned food, like it was common to have snacks or breakfast. Maybe camper 1 had volunteered to bring food.

Welcome to WS!

:wagon:

I heard one of the police officers state that the perp is about 6 ' tall. Maybe someone can help me here because when I look at the perps' body, in comparison to the doors, and door handles, he/she looks to be about 5 ' tall. Maybe the doors are all 8 feet high? Anyone?

And I don't think those are combat boots of any kind. They look more like riding boots to me, they are flat soled and knee high, with tight calves. The clothes are too big for this person and we can tell that he/she doesn't wear these for work - too sloppy for any duty. The helmet looks like old 1960's riot gear helmets but missing the face shield.

I think this perp was as high as a kite, looking for collection plate money from Sunday services, knew there was no alarm system, was in no hurry as he/she nosed around all the rooms and had no clue that an exercise class was about to fill up. He/she was surprised when Terri called out into the building after seeing the broken door knob and then told her he/she was there to investigate the break-in. I think it is a member of the church or on of its outreach programs.

I do not think Terri was targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member